Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deleted Tweet From Chick-fil-A Head Calls Gay Ruling ‘Sad Day’

It appears Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy still has a few things to say about same-sex marriage.

Although the fast-food chain issued a statement today that it would rather “focus on running an exceptional restaurant company” than discuss political matters, Cathy apparently issued a tweet this morning that said the following: “Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies.”

The chain became the focus on a nationwide controversy last year when Cathy spoke out against same-sex marriage.

The tweet was provided to Speakeasy by a reader. It no longer appears on Cathy’s Twitter account, but was re-tweeted by at least one of Cathy’s Twitter followers, according to Topsy.com, which tracks Twitter activity.

Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Carrie Kurlander responded to the apparent tweet by saying: “Dan Cathy, like everyone in this country, has his own views. However, Chick-fil-A is focused on providing great tasting food and genuine hospitality to everyone.”

Either way, Cathy did tweet later today that he’s in New York City “looking for potential” Chick-fil-A locations. That tweet still remains visible on his account. He also indicated that he took in the “breath taking (sic) view of the World Trade Center and redevelopment” while in the city.

So far, Chick-fil-A has kept a low profile in the city – its only location is part of the New York University campus. Mayors in other cities – San Francisco and Boston, for examples – have said they would ban the fast-food chain because of Cathy’s opposition to same-sex marriage.

Regarding a possible New York City expansion, Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Kurlander said “we are constantly looking for new locations for our restaurants in a number of cities. Nothing is final, of course, until or unless we announce a new site.”

by Anonymousreply 4906/28/2013

The Day Love Won Out sad? Go back to abusing poultry.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

Chicken Restaurant DECLARES WAR on Gay Americans.

by Anonymousreply 206/27/2013

What's all this deleted tweets shit about? It reeks of publicity stunt. You wouldn't have said it in the first place if you didn't want the world to know.

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013

I hope they know the other connotations of the word chicken r2. They even have "fill" in the title, I wonder if there's a gay pr0n parody of that name.

by Anonymousreply 406/27/2013

On Facebook I just assume anyone with links to Chick-Fil-A is a homophobic Tea Party ass^hole.

by Anonymousreply 506/27/2013

What a nasty man.

by Anonymousreply 606/27/2013

I always go to the Chick Fil A FB page and they show yo which of your friends "like" them, so I delete those friends from my list

by Anonymousreply 706/27/2013

For him, it *is* a sad day

For everyone else... Not so much

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013

He can lick me where I shit.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

But their chicken's sooooo fucking good!

by Anonymousreply 1006/27/2013

It just shows you how much this issue obsessed the Fundies. They've used homophobia for so long as a marketing tool.

I can't imagine caring about who marries whom, or what- or how many. It's a non-issue in my life.

by Anonymousreply 1106/27/2013

[quote]I can't imagine caring about who marries whom, or what- or how many. It's a non-issue in my life.

Well let's consider the places where people don't give a shit vs. places where they do.

LA? No

NYC? No

Topeka? Yes

I think it has something to do with the fact that once you've gone to Branson, there's nothing else to do with your days except obsess over ruining other people's lives.

Bumfuck needs more hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 1206/27/2013

Death to Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2013

"LA? No"

Yet they passed prop 8 4 years ago? come on.

by Anonymousreply 1406/27/2013

Jesus, who fucking cares?

by Anonymousreply 1506/27/2013

Right, R15? Why does Chick-Fil-A care enough to judge us?

by Anonymousreply 1606/27/2013

[quote] Yet they passed prop 8 4 years ago? come on.

LA voters didn't pass Prop 8.

by Anonymousreply 1706/27/2013

The Tea Party LOVES Chick-Fil-A!!!

by Anonymousreply 1806/27/2013

I'm really SHOCKED that that's his opinion!

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2013

Can a franchise owner sue for that?

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2013

Back to FReeperland with you, R21.

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

Never make a Conservative Christian choose between his faith and your dollar

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

Fuck off this LGBT website, R21.

by Anonymousreply 2406/27/2013

[quote]Can a franchise owner sue for that?

There are no CFA franchises as such. All of their stores are owned by the corporation.

by Anonymousreply 2506/27/2013

Death to R21.

by Anonymousreply 2606/27/2013

Yes they DO franchise, R25. Just not multiple locations to one person, or to investment groups

by Anonymousreply 2806/27/2013

R26 By food poisoning contracted while eating a dozen Chick Filet sandwiches that have been left in the car all week.

by Anonymousreply 2906/27/2013

Only in America would people who hate Gays have a National restaurant franchise which supports them and apparently..... feeds them chicken sandwiches too.

by Anonymousreply 3006/27/2013

As if the porkers that patronize Chick-fil-a would have given a shit about ThunderDoma if this was coming from some Vegan restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 3106/27/2013

Eating Chik-Fil-A makes people fat and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3206/27/2013

[quote]“Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies.”

Oh, honey, don't start blaming that nonsense on us. If marriage is in trouble, the straights made a mess of it all on their own.

by Anonymousreply 3306/27/2013

Dude, your name is CATHY.

That's gayer than I could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2013

"R16."

Bizarre. Why do you always separate the intended recipient with a period, but then forget to properly punctuate the rest of the post?

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2013

[quote]Eating Chik-Fil-A makes people fat and stupid.

No, it only enhances it.

by Anonymousreply 3606/27/2013

They have a renegade in their midst:

by Anonymousreply 3706/28/2013

Religion makes people fat and stupid, but the Religious nuts eat at Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 3806/28/2013

Just a reminder of why nobody with a brain should eat at Chick-Fil-A:

by Anonymousreply 3906/28/2013

[quote] They have a renegade in their midst

Countdown to him losing his franchise in 3...2...1...

[quote] Well that does it, I'm heading to chick-fil-a today. I don't really eat fast food, but will certainly go buy a few sandwiches and chuck them out at the homeless people beside the freeway exit ramp. So tired of this bullshit resurfacing.

Get the fuck off of this website you worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 4106/28/2013

Though I disagree with this complete sh**head, I have even less respect for him for deleting his post. If he cannot stand up to his own hatred, how can anyone defend him.

Besides - his company's food sux.

by Anonymousreply 4206/28/2013

Quit it, Wayne/R39. We've seen it already.

by Anonymousreply 4306/28/2013

Is that R39's blog?

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2013

R43? Hon? Don't think Wayne posts here. He doesn't have time for your bitchy shit.

I think it's a great essay, and deserves as much exposure as it can get. Just because YOU'VE already seen it doesn't mean everyone who posts or lurks here has.

by Anonymousreply 4506/28/2013

Fuck him and the chicken he rode in on!

by Anonymousreply 4606/28/2013

FREEPER FUNDIE CUNTS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4706/28/2013

R43 has it right. We have all seen that rambling essay way too much, Wayne/R45. We can hate Chick-Fil-A on our own. ENOUGH.

by Anonymousreply 4806/28/2013

Do not eat there. If you do, you are supporting hateful Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 4906/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!