Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Crime and Banishment: Local Mexican authorities worried about US deportation of Mexican criminals

MEXICO CITY — The prospects for the immigration bill now under discussion in the U.S. Congress have a lot to do with whether it is perceived to enhance U.S. border security with Mexico. Many Republicans have been reluctant to legalize the status of foreigners illegally present in the United States without more measures to keep other potential illegal immigrants out. On Tuesday the Senate approved a plan to spend $40 billion over the next decade on building more fencing along the border, installing infrared sensors, increasing by almost 20,000 the number of patrol agents and sending surveillance drones flying overhead.

But this latest plan will only put more stress on Mexican border towns that already bear the brunt of unexpected and, often, unwanted waves of returnees from the United States.

Mexico wants the U.S. government to pass an immigration reform that would set on the path to legality the six million or so undocumented Mexicans now living in the United States. But the cost might be too great for some Mexican communities along that very border Americans are trying so hard to make secure — for themselves

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013

Well, that's too fucking bad. Why should we be concerned with what is good for Mexico? As an American citizen, I can't scurry across the border with Canada in the dead of night and enter the country illegally without a reasonable expectation of being deported if I am caught. Why do Mexicans think they have a RIGHT to do that with us? I am sick of all the bullshit about illegal immigration. For once I am with the Republicans on an issue. Unless we get serious about securing our border with Mexico, the problem is only going to escalate. And what are our friends across the border most concerned about? That we are going to deport their CRIMINALS back to their own country. FUCK THAT.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

Stop employing them.

Seriously, people. If the meat-packing, agribusiness, construction and housekeeping/nanny industries stopped hiring them, they would stop showing up.

But that isn't going to happen because we want our cheap labor.

If there are no jobs for them - if they can't produce a valid photo ID with a valid SSN they don't work. Period. But too many employers turn a blind eye to illegals because they are cheap and expendable.

by Anonymousreply 206/27/2013

Mexico can't handle the return of its own citizens, so blame the USA????? That's rich!

They need to start criminally prosecuting ALL those Americans who employ illegals. This is the right answer.

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!