Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'He said a creepy a** cracker was watching him': Trayvon's girlfriend takes the stand

"'He said a creepy-a** cracker was watching him': Trayvon's girlfriend takes the stand and recounts last phone call in moments before he was shot by Zimmerman"

=Rachel Jeantel said she told Trayvon to run after he said: 'The n**** is still behind me'

-She said she heard Trayvon ask the man 'Why are you following me?' and that he said, 'What are you doing around here?'

-Defense expected to call her credibility into account

-Admitted she lied about being sick on day of funeral

-'I felt guilty...I was the last person that talked to their son', she said

-Earlier a neighbor said she heard a boy's voice cry for help before a gun shot rang out

Trayvon Martin's girlfriend - the state's star witness - testified today about the last phone call he made before he was shot dead in which he described George Zimmerman following him.

Rachel Jeantel, 19, told the court she asked the teen what the man looked like and he said he looked creepy, 'a creepy-a** cracker'.

She said Trayvon told her he was going to go home but the man was still following him, saying 'Oh sh**, the n**** is still behind me'.

'I just told him to run,' Rachel told the court, adding that she heard a 'hard-breathing man' in the background.

The pair then got cut off and when she called him back he told her he was back at his father's fiancee's house and he thought he had lost the man.

'It was about to rain when he was going to 7-Eleven', said Jeantel. They talked about the All-Star game which Trayvon left at halftime to go to the store.

It was raining, so Trayvon took a shortcut on his way back home, she said. That's when he revealed 'a man was watching him'.

Jeantel said she told Trayvon she was worried the man was a rapist. Trayvon said to 'stop playing with him like that'.

She then told the jury - made up of five white women and one Hispanic - she heard Trayvon ask the man, 'Why are you following me?' and that he said, 'What are you doing around here?'

She then said she heard Trayvon’s phone headset fall and him saying: 'Get off!'

When asked about why she lied about not going to the funeral, she said: 'I felt guilty...I was the last person that talked to their son', before breaking down in tears.

Jeantel also said the screaming voice on 911 calls, which she heard through media outlets after her friend's death, 'sounded like Trayvon'.

After Martin's death, Jeantel said she found out about the incident from a friend's text message and decided not to go to his wake because she didn't want to see his body.

At times during her testimony she dabbed away tears, as did the father of Trayvon Martin.

The defense is expected to call her credibility into account after she tweeted about the case and discussed 'getting high' and 'driving drunk'

He would come to her neighborhood to ride bikes and play games, she said. They met in second grade but lost touch until 2006. She denied being his girlfriend as she has frequently been described as up to this point.

Earlier today a neighbor of Zimmerman cried as she testified about hearing a boy's cry for help shortly before she heard a gun go off.

But Jayne Surdyka also testified on the third day of testimony in Zimmerman's murder trial that she heard multiple gunshots, 'pop, pop, pop'.

Only one shot was fired in the fatal encounter between Zimmerman and 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

'I truly believe the second yell for help was a yelp,' said Surdyka, who later dabbed away tears as prosecutors played her frantic 911 call. 'It was excruciating. I really felt it was a boy's voice.'

Surdyka told the court that before the shooting, she heard an aggressive voice and a softer voice exchanging words for several minutes.

'It was someone being very aggressive and angry at someone,' she said.

During the struggle, she said, she saw a person in dark clothes on top of the other person. Martin was wearing a dark sweatshirt and Zimmerman wore red clothing.

Surdyka said she saw the person who was on top get off the body after the shot was fired. During cross-examination, defense attorney Don West tried to show there was a lapse in what Surdyka saw.

Defense attorneys contend Martin was on top of Zimmerman during the struggle, but after the neighborhood watch volunteer fired a shot, Zimmerman got on top of Martin.

West also challenged Surdyka about her belief that the cry for help was a boy's voice, saying she was making an assumption about whose voice it was.

Another neighbor, Jeannee Manalo, testified after Surdyka that she believed Zimmerman was on top of Martin. Manalo also described hearing howling, but she couldn't tell who it was coming from.

Under cross-examination, defense attorney Mark O'Mara asked why she had never mentioned her belief that Zimmerman was on top in previous police interviews.

He made her read back a transcript of an interview in which she described only seeing shadows. Other neighbors also have described hearing cries for help that were captured on their calls to 911.

Martin's parents have said they came from their son, while Zimmerman's father has said he believes the cries belong to his son.

Both prosecutors and defense attorneys believe they could show whether Zimmerman or Martin was the aggressor in the encounter at the Retreat at Twin Lakes townhome complex on February 26, 2012.

Defense attorneys successfully argued against allowing prosecution experts who claimed the cries belonged to Martin.

Also today, Judge Debra Nelson announced that an alternate juror — a young, Hispanic man — had been dismissed for reasons unrelated to the case.

The juror, a maintenance technician, said during jury selection that he also competed in arm wrestling competitions and could do a one-armed pull-up.

His dismissal leaves only a middle-aged white man on the jury panel along with eight women. He is currently an alternate

The judge also ruled this morning that she would allow at trial five police dispatch calls Zimmerman made in the months before his encounter with Martin.

Prosecutors want to use the calls to bolster their argument that Zimmerman was increasingly frustrated with repeated burglaries and had reached a breaking point the night he shot the unarmed teenager.

Prosecutors played the calls for the judge Tuesday with the jurors out of the courtroom. The recordings show Zimmerman's 'ill will', prosecutor Richard Mantei said.

'It shows the context in which the defendant sought out his encounter with Trayvon Martin,' he said.Zimmerman, whose father is white and whose mother is Hispanic, has denied the confrontation with the black teenager had anything to do with race, as Martin's family and its supporters have charged.

There were emotional scenes in the Sanford courtroom yesterday as jurors were shown graphic pictures of Trayvon's body - including close-ups of the gunshot wound - after he was killed.

His parents Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton left the room shortly after the harrowing images were projected onto a large screen.

Sanford Sgt Anthony Raimondo was called to the stand yesterday afternoon - the same sergeant who was described in opening statements as the one who tried to 'breathe life' into Trayvon.

Under cross examination he explained what he found after arriving on the crime scene 'within five minutes' of when the 911 call was made.

He described in detail how he found Trayvon's body lying face down on the grass with his hands underneath him.

He checked for a pulse twice and turned him over to perform CPR. As he tried to revive the teen, he told the court he could hear bubbling sounds coming out of Trayvon's chest as he attempted to resuscitate him.

He asked people who had come from their homes after the shooting for Saran wrap and Vaseline to plug the wound. One of the bystanders brought him a plastic bag.

Later, jurors were shown pictures of the Arizona fruit juice can and pack of skittles the 17-year-old had just bought in the 7/11.

Crime scene technician Diana Smith presented several pieces of evidence to the court room as well as describing the area where she put yellow markers down.

Prosecutor John Guy asks Smith to point out and describe each item at the scene - which included a flashlight, cell phone and plastic bag as well as the skittles and juice can.

by Anonymousreply 15406/27/2013

She's a hard witness to believe. She was obviously nervous, but she doesn't seem like there's much going on upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

[quote] She established that Trayvon hung out with ghetto scum

Please get help.

by Anonymousreply 406/27/2013

you realize racist chruchies google threads like this and datalounge can come up as a result. the creeps come over here and start and/or post. The ridiculous shit already posted on this thread is a sad example.

by Anonymousreply 606/27/2013

Trayvon could've done better.

Maybe she was a beard?

by Anonymousreply 706/27/2013

She was a female friend, not a girlfriend. Lying to get out of a wake and to not have one's name in the press didn't effectively carry over to "well, maybe she's lying about the phone call too" as the defense is trying to prove. She was very authentic and believable about that precisely because she is so unrehearsed and her reactions were real (like the 'What?!" when she realized she wouldn't be off the stand in a day).

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013

I agree, she came across like a real person instead of some fake rehearsed act.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

What did she say that was so damaging? Zimmerman was/is creepy for for stalking Trayvon and we all know how that turned out. Typical 'crackers' for attacking the messenger and distorting the facts. The white woman who testifiedd that she heard a CHILD PLEADING FOR HIS LIFE is damaging for the defense. I suppose you think she has some agenda,too?

It will forever baffle me that this grotesque loser George Zimmerman has so many people wanting to believe him despite his troubled history with the law and the obvious FACTS of how he murdered an unarmed child. Look at where Trayvon's body was and how far that fat fuck Zimmerman had to run to stalk and kill him! That alone should be enough to lock that dangerous loon up forever and throw away the key!

by Anonymousreply 1006/27/2013

R3 you're kind of an asshole, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 1106/27/2013

That's a man, baby.

by Anonymousreply 1506/27/2013

A teenager lying in order to get out of something unpleasant or, more likely, overwhelming like a funeral? Well, I never! She must be lying about EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 1606/27/2013

I just looked at some pictures of this girl--she's heavy but she's not unattractive. And she seems quite articulate.

by Anonymousreply 1706/27/2013

Hard to believe? Not in any significant way.

Except for her now testifying as to certainty that it was Trayvon's voice saying get off me, contradicted by her not being entirely sure before, how is she hard to believe?

Her lying to Trayvon's parents about why she didn't go to the funeral was explained and has nothing to do with the significance of her testimony. Her lying about her age to protect her privacy was explained and has nothing to do with the significance of her testimony.

Even with that, Zimmerman himself has said it wasn't his own voice. So so what?

The defense keeping this woman on the stand for hours is not Mr. Zimmerman any favors.

What is the significance of her testimony? The significance is that it's undisputed that Trayvon was on the phone with her. Which is undisputed. And her testimony that she told him to get out of there.

What aggressor gets ready to attack while on the phone with a friend explaining that he is being followed? An aggressor? Highly unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 1806/27/2013

And as to his calling Zimmerman a creepy ass cracker? What's your point? That he deserved to be shot?

Good luck with that argument.

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2013

The 911 operator told him repeatedly to leave it alone and walk away. In my opinion, the case begins and ends there.

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2013

The voice sounds high pitched. A 16 year old kid's voice would be higher pitched than a fully grown man.

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2013

Gee I'm SO surprised this thread was created in the Early AM.

Shocked--I'll tell you!

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

Lol, r22!

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

So I guess Trayvon was a racist too

by Anonymousreply 2406/27/2013

How's that? r25

by Anonymousreply 2606/27/2013

How's that,r24?

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2013

I eye-rolled at the Zimmerman apologists who glommed onto the "cracker" comment as some kind of indication of Trayvon's alleged "racism" or aggression. First, he said it to Rachel on the phone, not to Zimmerman's face as a provocative insult. Second, "cracker" does not have the same resonance that the N word has to people of color. It is a term coined by white people to describe poor uneducated whites. In the Black community, it is not used to describe *all* Caucasians derogatorily, but to describe a certain type of person who has nothing else going for them save the assurance that having less melanin than another human guarantees their innate superiority. Black people of all socioeconomic levels to this day are all too familiar with being treated like interlopers and criminals based solely on appearance, and when one sees a lighter-skinned person staring at them like they are unwelcome, especially in Florida north of Orlando, they have a good idea what that person's thoughts may entail.

by Anonymousreply 2806/27/2013

By all means, haters, please continue to focus on her looks and completely disregard the fact that she's the only person on the fucking planet who has any concrete evidence about Trayvon's death. She fucking heard him fucking die!

Maybe this would sit with you better if she looked like little Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 2906/27/2013

I don't see how the defense can even begin to try to say TM was somehow bad for using those racial slurs. That is how black teenagers (hell, all teenagers) speak - period. It's part of their peer group language. In other words it is to be completely expected in that age group. The jury won't hold it against TM, how could they? MOVE ON TO THE EVIDENCE - not the lingo!

by Anonymousreply 3006/27/2013

Okay, Ms. Paula Deen at r30.

by Anonymousreply 3206/27/2013

R30, you don't know much about human nature, sounds like. Of COURSE the jury will consider the fact that he used the word "cracker." People don't know all the pedantic definitional uses for that word that R28 took great pains to explain, either. Whites simply look at that word as the black equivalent to the "n" word. Period. And juries will base their verdicts, summarily, on things other than and in addition to the evidence, no matter WHAT they have promised to do under oath. You all need to go watch 12 Angry Men. See how juries think in the real world. That old movie (1957) still holds up today in terms of exposing herd mentality and the judgments that jurors will make, sometimes, that have nothing to do with the evidence. Jurors are looking closely to see if this black kid was, himself acting "racist," if he was a "thug in training," if he was acting "suspicious" enough to put Zimmerman in reasonable fear of harm of any sort. The jury is not jonesing for a reason to say Martin deserved what he got but they are certainly considering many factors beyond the evidence, itself, because that is HUMAN NATURE. It's like the attorney who asks "When did you stop beating your wife" and the opposing counsel objects. The judge strikes it from the record and admonishes the jury not to consider that question. BUT THEY WILL because it is in their heads. So, it is NOT good that this girl testified that Martin called Zimmerman a cracker. It is something else, among many things, that they will consider. It goes in the "hopper."

by Anonymousreply 3306/27/2013

WHAT, r32? Mischaracterize much? How did you pull ANYTHING racist out of that post? That's it, I'm out of this thread. Impossible to even try to make a point with some of you people. I was SUPPORTING the witness. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2013

[quote]The juror, a maintenance technician, said during jury selection that he also competed in arm wrestling competitions and could do a one-armed pull-up.

The oddest sentence in the middle of this article.

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2013

It's interesting that Trayvon had none of Zimmerman's blood on him or under his fingernails. That means he did not touch Zim. If he had Zim's blood would be on him.

So that means Zimmerman after trailing Trayvon pulled the gun on him. Trayvon then started pleading for his life, you can hear the tapes just Wiki Trayvon Martin case, then shot him in cold blood.

I encourage anyone interested in the case to listen to the tapes at Wiki.

by Anonymousreply 3606/27/2013

[quote] It will forever baffle me that this grotesque loser George Zimmerman has so many people wanting to believe him despite his troubled history with the law and the obvious FACTS of how he murdered an unarmed child.

Yeah, this. A fat repulsive loser who couldn't even finish community college. He's done nothing significant with his life except shoot a child and people are lining up to champion him.

Jurors wiping away tears while listening to those 911 calls isn't a good sign for the defense. They sure as fuck aren't crying over poor baby Zimmerblob's little scratches.

by Anonymousreply 3706/27/2013

F&F R12.

by Anonymousreply 3806/27/2013

First she's not Martin's girlfriend. She claims they met in the second grade (though she told the prosecutor they met in kindergarten) and had only recently reconnected with him. They had been "phone friends" for about 3 weeks before Martin's death.

She was impeached on numerous points. There's only so much impeachment a jury can handle before they just disregard the witness completely.

At her earlier deposition she could not identify Martin as the person crying for help. Once she was confronted on cross with the transcript of her deposition she admitted she didn't know who it was, "It could be, like I said, I don't know. He has a baby voice some days, you know it's not."

Her testimony revealed how Crump has manipulated her testimony.

Here are some observations by Jeralyn Merritt at her discussion site: "Her recitation of events during the shooting was almost identical to her version to the prosecutor. It seemed memorized, she even used the same word choices in multiple places. While she denied listening to her taped interviews with Crump or the prosecutor (at least not the whole thing), her story on direct was almost a total match."

"She agreed with [defense attorney] West that she was told to repeat things to get things the way they wanted them.

The most important impeachment is over what she claimed she heard in the initial verbal exchange between Martin and Zimmerman.

At first she told Crump that when Martin asked Zimmerman, "Why are you following me" that Zimmerman responded with "What are you talking about" NOT "What are you doing around here." You can hear this on the audio of the Crump interview at link.

When she makes this unhelpful statement Crump stops her immediately and suggests another answer and asks her to start over. She starts over and gives Crump the answer he wants.

While on the stand during cross she tried to repeatedly deny she changed her story. When she was finally confronted with her earlier words (she was given the transcript to read) she finally admitted she had changed her version at the urging of Crump.

by Anonymousreply 3906/27/2013

This girl is the prosecution's star witness?

CNN's Jeffrey Toobin can spin all he wants, but a hung jury is just around the corner.

by Anonymousreply 4006/27/2013

TM ain't no Jodi Arias. So far, the ratings have been less than stellar for HLN.

by Anonymousreply 4106/27/2013

Call the NSA and just get the tape.

by Anonymousreply 4206/27/2013

We all know who will be playing Rachel Jeantel in the TV film...

by Anonymousreply 4306/27/2013

That is one hell of a govment cheese neck

by Anonymousreply 4406/27/2013

[quote] It's interesting that Trayvon had none of Zimmerman's blood on him or under his fingernails. That means he did not touch Zim. If he had Zim's blood would be on him.

You've watched too much CSI. Your hypothetical assumes too much. I'm not sure why you assume there would be blood under Martin's fingernails. There does not even have to be any of Zimmerman's blood on him.

It's a reasonable inference that Martin inflicted upon Zimmerman all of Zimmerman's facial and head injuries as were noted on the stand by the crime scene tech who identified the lumps and knots on Zimmerman's head and the broken nose and laceration from blunt force trauma.

See link for medical report of Zimmerman injuries.

by Anonymousreply 4506/27/2013

R26, here is the transcript of the phone conversation from shortly before Sean says we don't need you to do that:

[I hope the format comes out readable]

1:54:26 - Okay, it's on the left-hand side from the clubhouse?

1:57:62 - No, you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left. Uh, yeah, you go straight in, don't turn and make a left - [2:06:89] sh*t, he's running. [in real time this is at 7:11:41 PM].

2:08:82 - He's running? Which way is he running? [truck door opens, door open chime/alarm]

2:10:24 - Uh [grunts while exiting truck] down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood [door closes].

2:14:33 - Okay and which entrance is that he's heading towards?

2:17:17 - The back entrance [splashes through puddled water in gutter/wind noise]. F*cking punks! [or 'pud'ls'].

2:22:79 - Are you following him?

2:24:98 - Yeah.

2:25:20 - Okay, we don't need you to do that.

2:27:75 - Okay. [wind noise continues / there is no heavy breathing / he is walking, not running]. [faint (distant?) tap at 2:33:01].

2:33:88 - All right, sir, and what is your name?

2:36:22 - George - he ran.

2:39:93 - All right, George, what's your last name?

2:41:98 - [two sharp metallic taps] Zimmerman. [wind noise disappears for remainder of call]

2:44:10 - And George, what's the phone number you're calling from?

2:45:92 - [three quick taps] Four-oh-seven, four-three-five, two-four-zero-zero [one tap].

2:52:63 - Okay, George, we do have em on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

2:56:43 - Yeah.

2:57:16 - All right, where are you going to meet with them at?

2:59:35 - [one tap] Um, if they come in through the, uh, gate [four light taps] tell them to go straight past the clubhouse [four loud taps] and, uh, [sign or post being jostled by breeze] straight past the clubhouse and make a left. And then they go past the mailboxes, n' they'll see my truck.

3:18:39 - [crosstalk: unintelligible] Okay, what-what address are you parked in front of?

3:21:60 - [mild tap] Um, I don't know. It's a cut-through so I don't know the address.

3:26:13 - Okay, do you live in the area?

3:28:31 - Yeah, yeah, [cross talk: I've lived here--]

3:29:34 - What's your apartment number?

3:31:53 - It's a home. It's one-nine-five-zero, [two taps] aw crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is.

3:38:75 - Okay, do you want to just meet with them right by the mailboxes then?

3:42:62 - Yeah, that's fine [tap or?]

3:45:61 - All right, George, I'll let them know to meet you when they're out there.

3:47:36 - Actually could you have him - could you have him call me and I'll tell him where I'm at?

3:50:93 - Okay, yeah, that's no problem.

3:53:48 - You need my number or you got it?

3:54:73 - Yeah, I - I got it. It's four-oh-seven, four-three-five, two-four-zero-zero?

3:58:74 - Yeah, you got it.

3:59:47 - Okay, no problem. I'll let them know to call you when they're in the area.

4:02:76 - Thanks.

4:03:12 - You're welcome.

4:04:65 - Call terminated. [real time approx. 7:13:39 PM]

Credit to Jeralyn Merritt at

by Anonymousreply 4606/27/2013

So what?

He could have called him "white cracker" all day long. It doesn't mean he deserved to die for it.

by Anonymousreply 4706/27/2013

On NPR she was described as "somewhat hostile" as a witness. I immediately flashed to the infamous DL thread "Sick of getting a raw, nasty attitude..." about African American women in customer service jobs.

by Anonymousreply 4806/27/2013

George Zimmerman was a piece of shit loser who took it upon himself to walk around his neighborhood with a gun as a "neighborhood watch" enforcer because he wanted to feel important. The man is mentally unbalanced and just wanted to be some sort of vigilante.

The fact is that Trayvon Martin was unarmed. He was also much smaller than Zimmerman. Even if Martin tried to attack Zimmerman (I don't believe he did), Zimmerman easily could have taken him down physically.

by Anonymousreply 5006/27/2013

Zimmerman attacked Trayvon and then Trayvon tried to protect himself against a crazy man.

But in Florida, Zimmerman will be released.

by Anonymousreply 5106/27/2013

I thought TM was at least 6'2", r50.

by Anonymousreply 5206/27/2013

[quote]We all know who will be playing Rachel Jeantel in the TV film...

Just remove the word "TV" from that sentence, and I can already smell my new Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 5306/27/2013

George Zimmerman witness can't read the letter she 'wrote' about shooting....

A teenage friend of TM was forced to admit today in the GZ murder trial that she did not write a letter to Martin's mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call moments before he was shot.

Jeantel was asked to read the letter out loud in court. "Are you able to read that at all? the defense attorney asked. "Some but not all. I don't read cursive."

It sent a hush through the packed courtroom. Jeantel was unable to read any of the letter save for her name.

by Anonymousreply 5406/27/2013

"What White People Don't Understand About Rachel Jaentel"

by Anonymousreply 5506/27/2013

I feel badly for Rachel Jaentel.

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2013

R57, so do I in some ways. It is never easy to testify.

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2013

[quote]We all know who will be playing Rachel Jeantel in the TV film...

by Anonymousreply 5906/27/2013

Now that's a new theory, r56!

by Anonymousreply 6006/27/2013

R52, according to the forensic report, Trayvon was 5'11" and 158lbs.

by Anonymousreply 6106/27/2013

Please, don't say retarded, we prefer to be called little people.

by Anonymousreply 6306/27/2013

What R60? Zimmerman has been claiming that from day one.

by Anonymousreply 6406/27/2013

Yes, R64, it's actually old bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6506/27/2013

Will Zimmerman be popular in prison at his current weight? Do they have a chubby chaser block? Or will he get all buff and hot once he has some time to himself and can workout?

by Anonymousreply 6606/27/2013

My, what a Matlock moment.

Her credibility has been shot to shit.... not that she had much to begin with, but still.

by Anonymousreply 6906/27/2013

What is an "ass cracker"?

by Anonymousreply 7006/27/2013

Just for you, R68.

by Anonymousreply 7206/27/2013

ugh, they all lie...

by Anonymousreply 7306/27/2013

R18, will you marry me?

by Anonymousreply 7406/27/2013

Pay no attention to the Zimbicle(love that!)at r45.This is the same troll that would have you believe that after Trayvon's heart wrenching pleas for his life and that animal Zimmerman fired the fatal shot and by all ear witness accounts the pleading stopped,that somehow Trayvon managed one last sentence of "you got me!" like something out a badly written graphic novel. So who's watching too much CSI? The only thing the Zimbots forget to add was "you got me'COPPER!" This clearly is a joke to these sick racists.

The Zimbicles remind me of the movie The Wizard of Oz-look only at the projected,manufactured illusion and not the man behind the curtain,or in this case, the FACTS. They can never get around the TRUTH-that Zimmerman instigated,stalked and murdered the unarmed child,so they ask you to trust in the doctored photos of an 'injured' Zimmerman,when we saw him walk unhurt and unaided in a police survaillance video. They make fun of a teenage girl,making fun of her looks and appearance as a distraction from the obvious pain and truth of her testimony. The Zimbots also want you to believe that eye and ear witnesses-both black and white-are somehow in collusion to railroad Zimmerman,this obviously troubled and mentally sick child murderer/dog,with an ever growing list of mugshots to go with his expanding waistline.

These Zimbicles live in their own fantasy world, a world where anyone who doesnt look like them-be they man,woman or CHILD like Trayvon was-should be expunged from their deranged world. They are as sick and twisted as Zimmerman and are to be ignored. They bring no value in a world of decent and right thinking people.

by Anonymousreply 7506/27/2013

Analyst on CNN just said say goodbye to murder 2.

Wonder if that fool Jeffrey Toobin will concur?

I say.... hello hung jury.

by Anonymousreply 7606/27/2013

[quote]What is an "ass cracker"?

I think you know.

Here's what I don't understand, why the blind following of ZimZim? These people are clearly racists, but lets face it, ZimZim is not white. On a regular day, these very same supporters of his would be belittling him and calling him wetback or spic.

by Anonymousreply 7706/27/2013

Every time she says "sir" I hear "fuck you".

by Anonymousreply 7806/27/2013

Me too R78. Sigh......

I haven't been watching this trial and had no idea she's a high school student. I thought she was about a 40-year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 7906/27/2013

[quote] somehow Trayvon managed one last sentence of "you got me!" like something out a badly written graphic novel

It has been cited as either you got me or you got it.

The inference to me is that after a struggle over the gun, Zimmerman is the one who finally got the gun and Martin's statement may be in reference to the gun. Also Martin did not die right away so it is entirely conceivable that he was able to speak.

R75 et al, are you in any way capable of discussing this case without insulting others or hurling baseless insults at people you know nothing about?

If you are not then I suggest you just leave the discussion to those who can.

by Anonymousreply 8006/27/2013

Witness not credible, this will look bad for the prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 8106/27/2013

No opinion on guilt/innocence. I only happened upon her testimony near the end because I was looking for info on DOMA, etc.

Granted, she is young and I doubt most people could withstand hours on the stand like that but, she comes off as hostile and angry about being made to testify. However, she seemed to have a hard time following the questions and even when answering gave different testimony minutes after just answering. When West (?) was reviewing the phone call log with her she seemed to be getting frustrated and her responses of "Yes" got more and more annoyed.

When the court was going to adjourn and he was asked how much longer he thought he would need to complete his questioning he said a few hours. All you heard was her loud and incredulous "WHAT?".

The prosecutor did not seem to do a very good job of explaining or prepping her for questioning by the defense. As a star witness she is doing a lot of damage with her attitude. People will think she is lying just based upon her appearing annoyed about being there.

by Anonymousreply 8206/27/2013

MSNBC.... prosecution is now up and will try to redeem their star witness. LOL

by Anonymousreply 8306/27/2013

R84 is a fucking racist CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 8506/27/2013

Trayvon Martin was UNARMED. What part about that do people not understand? Zimmerman was a loser asshole who thought having a gun made him a tough guy and totally overcompensated for his loser-dom. Zimmerman was in no immediate danger, if he was in any danger at all from Martin. The 911 operator told him to stand back, that the police would be there in a minute. Zimmerman was a trigger-happy psycho who deserves to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 8606/27/2013

I didn't mean to upset you, r85. I apologize for that statement.

by Anonymousreply 8706/27/2013

I don't agree with you r86

by Anonymousreply 8806/27/2013

Shut up R85 and stop being such an emotional child.

by Anonymousreply 8906/27/2013

[quote]Martin jumped Zimmerman and then tried to bash his head into the sidewalk.

Aren't some people saying this didn't happen?

by Anonymousreply 9406/27/2013

It has not been shown tha Martin jumped Zim. It has been shown that Martin was afraid of Zim. His conversation on the phone with the retarded girl shows that. Therefore, according to stand your ground law, Martin would have had a right to fight Zim, or even kill him.

by Anonymousreply 9506/27/2013

If I were a black teen being followed by Zimmerman I might say a crazy ass cracker is following me. Because that was what was happening.

Whatever Trayvon was or did previously, he was walking through a neighborhood on his way to a destination. Zimmerman had no reason to confront him when he was instructed to stand down and allow the police to arrive and handle it. He was wrong and he killed an unarmed boy.

by Anonymousreply 9606/27/2013

Zimmerman's photographed injuries say it did.

And juries like photos, because it's right there for their own eyes to see.

by Anonymousreply 9706/27/2013

Could someone please answer this? Why do people keep refering to George as white when he is not? I'm being serious. That he isn't black does not make him white. So why? I figure Treyvon mistook his race, as it was dark out. So that explains that. Why though, do people now keep calling him something he clearly is not? Zimmerman himself doesn't even identify as white.

by Anonymousreply 9906/27/2013

Poor girl. I feel bad for her, losing a friend to such a violent act and then having to relive it in a courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 10006/27/2013

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 10206/27/2013

Zimmerman's height is between 5'2" & 5'9" according to websites. Trayvon's was 6'2"! Even if Zim jumped TM, TM was still taller and stronger.

by Anonymousreply 10306/27/2013

If some stranger came after you with a gun...wouldn't you try and fight the revolting, disgusting, lowlife pig, off?

by Anonymousreply 10406/27/2013

[quote]Could someone please answer this? Why do people keep refering to George as white when he is not?

It's the media pushing him as "white" because it fits the narrative they want to steer the doscourse in. Zimmerman is clearly mestizo Hispanic and not caucasian, but that would just make the narrative too messy and complicated in our dumbed-down culture.

by Anonymousreply 10506/27/2013

Why would he describe a Hispanic looking man he had never met before as a "cracker"? If he even said it at all, wouldn't he say "creepy-ass Mexican?" Or "creepy-ass Puerto Rican"?

Zimmerman deserves to fry for this, but that statement sounds like something someone told her to say.

by Anonymousreply 10606/27/2013

Zimmerman is white-adjacent. His last name is Zimmerman for crying out loud, so his father must have been white and his dad must have been of Hispanic origin. They obviously let him buy in that neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 10706/27/2013

Does anyone think that Zimmerman's brother might be gay?

by Anonymousreply 10806/27/2013

Thank you R105, why is it that the rabid racists,who would ordinarily be racist against Zimmerman, now championing his cause? Is killing blacks so important to them that it doesn't matter who does it, even if it's someone they hate as well, they support him?

by Anonymousreply 10906/27/2013

I agree with R106.

R107, being half white has NEVER meant being white. Ever.

The apts. we're rentals, Zimmerman bought nothing.

by Anonymousreply 11006/27/2013

By the way R107, Martin's fathers girlfriend, a black woman, rented there too.

You're not very good at what they call, thinking... Are you?

by Anonymousreply 11106/27/2013

r98 made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 11206/27/2013

Zimmerman is Latin American. He is a white Latin American. His brother has explained that they are South American- white South Americans- and the mom has some "native" South American features.

Zimmerman is NOT claiming not guilty on Stand your Ground-/ this is very telling. He is claiming self defense. Since he was armed, it's hard to believe. The defense wants to claim that Trayvon made it all the way home and then came back out to confront Zimmerman- this is the story being pushed by the zimbots. Except, if true, why would he still have the skittles and Arizona iced tea? And why wouldn't he have grabbed a weapon? A stick or a bat? Why the fuck would he run home and come back out-- moronic..

I am a teacher in an affluent palm beach county community: I'm a transplant from metro NY. I can assure you that my students- I love em- but they're idiots! They don't know how to read cursive because it is not taught in school. Rachel behaved like a typical high school student. She is a product of Miami- Dade schools. The fact that she's 19? give her credit for staying in school. I teach middle school- we've had 16 year olds-- this is Florida- the education sucks- it's appalling.

It was clear that she did not understand the majority of the the questions. And the defense attorney was purposefully obfuscating his questions- he had trouble following his own line of questioning, at times.

Again, my students are all white affluent kids-- they would call Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker" too. Perhaps because he IS a "creepy ass cracker". Florida is filled with them.

by Anonymousreply 11306/27/2013

One more thing: Zimmerman is a fat fuck- it makes little sense that a skinny kid would take him down. I think that Trayvon fought for his life- if he had smashed Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk- his injuries would have been worse. And, Zimmerman's affect us weird- and he wipes his nose with the sleeve of his suit. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 11406/27/2013

I dunno, Martin looks white, but his younger brother looks more Latin.

by Anonymousreply 11506/27/2013

Sorry for the typo: Zimmerman's affect is weird.

Also- Latin Americans, like every culture, has it's share of racists. My Puerto- Rican grandma was the most racist person I've known.

by Anonymousreply 11606/27/2013

R113 calling a rose a cow does not make it a cow. Zimmerman is not white. He is racially mixed by his own family's description. You and I both know how he is apt to be treated at times in this country.

Except for in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 11706/27/2013

Here are the rules:

Half White plus Half Black = Black or sometimes "what's your background?'

Half White plus Half Asian = Asian

Half White plus Half Hispanic = White (Because Hispanic is either white or white adjacent)

by Anonymousreply 11806/27/2013

[quote]Why would he describe a Hispanic looking man he had never met before as a "cracker"? If he even said it at all, wouldn't he say "creepy-ass Mexican?" Or "creepy-ass Puerto Rican"?

he was walking home in the dark and rain and saw some guy following him. He could see enough that the guy wasn't black so he assumed white. When he was describing him he wasn't face to face with him enough to see what ethnicity he was until the end of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 11906/27/2013

But Zim doesn't look white, he's dark, he looks Latino to anyone with eyes.

by Anonymousreply 12006/27/2013

R18, Zoe Saldana among MANY others, beg to differ with you.

by Anonymousreply 12106/27/2013

Hispanic is not a race. Zimmerman is a white Hispanic. How is this controversial?

by Anonymousreply 12206/27/2013

[quote]Zimmerman is Latin American. He is a white Latin American. His brother has explained that they are South American- white South Americans- and the mom has some "native" South American feature.

Zimmerman is mestizo, which means Spanish with a LOT of native blood. He is not "white Hispanic," which is European Spanish ancestry. Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel and Martin Sheen are white Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 12306/27/2013

The classification "Caucasian" is like pornography - you know it when you see it. Zimmerman ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 12406/27/2013

R122 if Zimmerman is a white Hispanic, then George Lopez is a white Hispanic.

Here's a hint, neither of them are.

by Anonymousreply 12506/27/2013

Exactly, if Zimmerman is white hispanic then Obama is white black, but he is black, Zimmerman is Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 12606/27/2013

Sophia Vergara is an example of a white Latin American/Hispanic

by Anonymousreply 12706/27/2013

The only reason people are disputing GZ's race (especially here on DL) is because he isn't attractive. They certainly think his brother (born of the same parents) is white.

I don't accept your premise, R125.

by Anonymousreply 12806/27/2013

Listening to Rachel Jeantel testify is absolutely excruciating. She literally cannot pronounce basic words, slurs her words. It's almost as if she's deliberately being difficult. It's kind as if her mouth is wired shut and she can't talk.

by Anonymousreply 12906/27/2013

The brother looks white but George looks hispanic. That's the way the genes went.

by Anonymousreply 13006/27/2013

I don't think his brother is remotely white. Neither does his family, as they don't self identify the sons that way. George doesn't identify that way either.

What you accept is irrelevant. I could say Wesley Snipes is white till my tongue falls out, it doesn't make it true. Same with ZimZim.

by Anonymousreply 13106/27/2013

You could say something insane like that, and you'd reveal yourself to be a fool to everyone. Obviously the issue of George Zimmerman's race is not so cut and dry as Wesley Snipes.

by Anonymousreply 13206/27/2013

There is white, white adjacent, exotic white, and white by default. Zimmerman is white adjacent. His brother is exotic white.

by Anonymousreply 13306/27/2013

Well it must be to him, since he doesn't list his race as white.

by Anonymousreply 13406/27/2013

White by default? Ok, now I know this is satire.

by Anonymousreply 13506/27/2013

Uhm, his last name is Zimmerman. Therefore, he's white, as in "HEL-LO?" Is anyone home??

by Anonymousreply 13606/27/2013

Actually, unless one is directly from Spain, they no longer identify as Hispanic because of anti- colonialism sentiment. That make smarten Sheen Latin American because he is from the Americas. Ricky Martin is Latin American because he is Puerto Rican- it's really a political thing.

Increasingly, job applications, government forms, etched., have white of Hispanic descent or non-white of Hispanic descent. I promise that Zimmerman sees a pointed difference between his white and Trayvon's Black.

There's no gray in Zimmerville.

by Anonymousreply 13706/27/2013

Okay, R98 / R75 and other screeds, you need to up your meds now.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at you. You're not helping your case because you now sound mentally disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 13806/27/2013

Love those categories r133.

by Anonymousreply 13906/27/2013

Ricky Ricardo is white by default.

Dean Cain is exotic white

Wentworth Miller is white adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 14006/27/2013

R136 Shaquille O'neil has a typically white last name too. Sit down, grown ups are talking.

by Anonymousreply 14106/27/2013

Unless they're from Africa, all black people have "white" surnames.

by Anonymousreply 14206/27/2013

Zimmerman is half Peruvian and the odds are very, very high that he is therefore half Indian if anything. I forget the term Peruvians use with that, sorry.

Does anyone think that Trayvon Martin could have thought that Zimmerman was a predatory kiddie fucker?

Look up Zimmerman over at the site for Mother Jones. He was obsessed with really overdoing things with Neighborhood Watch.

by Anonymousreply 14306/27/2013

R142, that is why I said typically. You hear of plenty of blacks with names like Williams, jones, etc. not to many with O'neil. Regardless, black is black, white is white, and mestizo is mestizo.

by Anonymousreply 14406/27/2013

I forgot my original question: what does Zimbo do for a living? He flunked out of Police Academy. The neighborhood Watch was a volunteer position- desire the turnout at the first meeting, he was the only set of "eyes and ears". Nobody else was on a watch.

by Anonymousreply 14506/27/2013

It just goes to show, blacks are just as racist as whites.

by Anonymousreply 14606/27/2013

Actually, that's what Rachel told him- they were on the phone. He says someone's following me. She says what does he look like? He says creepy ass cracker and Rachel says to him - maybe he's a rapist. He says: don't play me. He was a kid- she was teasing him-- who knows? In her convoluted way of talking, she did say that she told him to run- he said he was going to try to shake him- he thought he had. Then he saw Zimmerman' again, and said something like "oh shit!"

She may have been inarticulate-- but I sincerely believed the main parts of her testimony. She admitted when she lied but could not be shaken on the key elements.

My favorite moment was yesterday, when asked why she didn't contact police, she said I thought they were supposed to contact me. Defense keeps pushing her on it and finally she says, don't you watch First 48? The person dies, they check the phone and contact the lady person he talked to...

by Anonymousreply 14706/27/2013

Thank you, #146.

Thread closed.

Take this shit over to Black Planet.

This is a gay site.

by Anonymousreply 14806/27/2013

All this cross talk to try to cover up the prosecution's shitty day?

by Anonymousreply 15006/27/2013

As soon as I heard about this girl I knew the DL post would be one of the most popular in recent memory.

150 posts in about 12 hours is unheard of on this site recently.

by Anonymousreply 15106/27/2013

That was the hardest looking 19 yr old I have ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 15206/27/2013

No real comeback,R138? More name calling that you accused others of? Typical sociopath nutjob...anyway....

A conversation overheard between a Zimbot(ZB) and an intelligent person(IP)

IP: You know the evidence against George Zimmerman is overwhelming-he shot and stalked Trayvon Martin who was unarmed-

ZB:I know! All the evidence points to the fact that Zimmerman acted in self defense when Trayvon attacked him!

IP: Thats not true and that's not what I said!

ZB:Whats not true?

IP:That Trayvon attacked Zimmerman first.

ZB:So you agree with me then! Good,that's settles it!

IP:(Frustrated)But how can a person start fight with an unarmed kid,and shoot him dead and not be guilty of murder?

ZB:Look over there!!! (Waving hands excitedly and pointing towards the sky but looking at the ground)

IP:What is it?!! What did you see?

ZB:Have you seen it?

IP: Seen what?

ZB:My orange. The color orange-have you seen it?

IP:(Realizing he has been conversing with a crazy person,begins to back away)Nevermind...look, you have a nice day!

The Intelligent Person leaves the Zimbot,who is now off muttering to himself in a corner.

Zimbot:The sky is so orange today...(it's actually cloudy and pouring rain...)

by Anonymousreply 15406/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!