Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bette Midler Serenades Dying Fan Over The Phone

Hope you have a tissue handy.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

Bette's speaking voice sounds so different over the phone!

Such a sad video, great thing for her to do.

by Anonymousreply 106/27/2013

That was wonderful to witness. Bette has her faults - many, actually - but I thought that was a very kind thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 206/27/2013

What about the miracle of Cher? A comatose girl back in 1979 responded to no stimulation whatsoever until her parents spun 'Take Me Home' on the girl's bedside record player. It was the subject of a long distance dedication on Casey Kasem's old top 40 radio countdown.

by Anonymousreply 306/27/2013

That was fucking heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 406/27/2013

That's the first time Bette has made me tear up with her singing. She might be a major bitch but she has redeemed herself in a big way with this.

by Anonymousreply 506/27/2013

what I liked best about this terribly sad and moving video is that there is no indication that Bette thought she'd get good will out of it. She did it purely from her heart, she stayed on the phone with the girl for a long time, sang pretty much the entire song, you could see she was clearly choked up and at a loss for words, and let's be honest, it couldn't have been easy for a woman in her 60's to talk to a 28 year old who is dying. Just beautiful. Bette had an older sister who died when she just 28 too--she was hit by a garbage truck in NYC when she was visiting Bette for the first time in the 70's, when Bette was in Fiddler on the Roof.

by Anonymousreply 606/27/2013

oh my...

by Anonymousreply 706/27/2013

Beautiful kindness.

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!