Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Still no gay marriage in NJ, Christie says

Don't get your hopes up, gay rights activists: Today's DOMA decision won't bring gay marriage to New Jersey, Gov. Christie declared tonight.

The anti-gay marriage Republican went after the U.S. Supreme Court for its decision on the Defensive of Marriage Act (DOMA) tonight, saying the ruling was "wrong" and "typical" of the kind of high court activism that often happens in the New Jersey Supreme Court.

He said the court "substituted its own judgment" for that of elected officials -- Congress and former President BIll Clinton -- who voted for DOMA in 1996. He called out Justice Anthony Kennedy specifically, saying his opinion was “absolutely insulting” to elected leaders.

"It’s just another example of judicial supremacy rather than having the government run by the people we vote for," Christie said during his monthly appearance on "Ask The Governor" on 101.5 FM.

Despite plans by gay rights advocates to seek gay marriage in New Jersey in light of today's decision, Christie declared that the ruling "has no effect on New Jersey."

Last year, Christie vetoed a bill that would have brought gay marriage to the state, saying that Democrats should put the issue on the ballot and let voters decide. He doubled down on that view tonight, saying that changing "an institution that's 2,000 years old" should require voter approval.

In November, voters will be able to vote to increase the minimum wage. Democrats put that on the ballot, but they say civil rights like same-sex marriage should not be decided by popular vote.

Christie countered that the minimum wage can be viewed as a "rights" issues, too -- for example, raising the minimum wage is about people's "rights" to be paid more.

"Their argument is inconsistent," he said.

"Let's call this for what it is. It's politics. They don’t want to put it on the ballot."

Democrats may also pursue an override of Christie's veto, but they need a few Republican votes. Republican legislators rarely defy Christie, so the host tonight asked Christie if that's an issue.

Christie called it a "dumb" and "stupid" question that he wouldn't answer.

Meanwhile, Christie's opponent in the November election -- pro-gay marriage Democrat state Sen. Barbara Buono -- will attend a gay rights rally tomorrow morning at the Statehouse.

by Anonymousreply 2806/27/2013

Fat prick.

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2013

Fat fuck!! He was doing well, actually caring about his people in his state. But apparently, he only cares about the straight people. I hope this bites him in his fat ass when he runs in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

This is him trying to not look like a RINO. He's been raked over the coals by conservatives, I guess he figures this will bring them back. I bet he'll eventually renege on this.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

[quote]Christie: "Let's call this for what it is. It's politics. They don’t want to put it on the ballot."

Civil rights should not be left up to fucking ignorant morons like Christie trying to shove their morality down our throats

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

Fucking hate this fat pig. Are those arteries EVER going to clog up?

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Vote the ignoramus out of office.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

I wish He would choke on a ham sandwich already

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

Christie is a despicable human approximation. I hope his wife and children are ALL gay!

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

Fuck him with a fire hydrant.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

Sick of Dems praising this guy. These are his true right wing colors, just check out his record. He is no friend of liberals.

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

[quote]He said the court "substituted its own judgment" for that of elected officials -

Gee, so what was the court doing with the Voting Rights Act?

You fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

We need to sell it to him by talking about the exponential increase in the number of frosted wedding cakes.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

He should be sentenced to a lifetime of enforced intercourse with fellow fat fuck Maggie Gallagher.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

Please support Garden State Equality.

by Anonymousreply 1506/27/2013

Christie seems pretty smart to me. Which makes him a little scary.

He seems to be doing a pretty good job of walking a tight rope which gets him re-elected in November and let's him make it through the Republican primary season for the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 1606/27/2013

Death to Christie. What can we do to screw this guy over?

by Anonymousreply 1706/27/2013

I just pictured Chris Christie on a tightrope.

by Anonymousreply 1806/27/2013

Another reason why I'd never vote for that fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2013

[quote]He said the court "substituted its own judgment" for that of elected officials

... which is what an unelected judge DOES. For a LIVING. Make JUDGMENTS. As in JUDGE.

And I love r13.

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2013

He'll never be my fatass president.

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2013

This is just Gov. Fat Fuckie trying to win back the hardcore tea partiers. They still loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

Those are all the exact same talking points I heard on the TV from wingnut Michele Bachmann. Either he lifted her words, or they have a script.

The truth is the courts did what they were supposed to do. Literally it's their job.

Cristie has a Napoleon Complex. The Supreme Court could care less with some porked out governor of the garbage state thinks.

SNORT.

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

[quote] Death to Christie. What can we do to screw this guy over?

He'll do it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 2406/27/2013

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, Bacon!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2506/27/2013

Um, Mr. President?

by Anonymousreply 2606/27/2013

This is very topical. Christie can not win without loosing more weight. But the problem is, all that saggy skin, it will not spring back.

Her is one solution:

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2013

"I hope his wife and children are ALL gay!"

Under all that lard and blubber...who knows?

by Anonymousreply 2806/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.