Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rainbow Flag Flies At Governor’s Residence

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ A rainbow flag, symbolizing gay pride, is being flown over the Connecticut governor’s official residence in Hartford.

The flag was raised Wednesday after the U.S. Supreme Court voted to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act. Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has been a strong proponent of same-sex marriage and gay rights. He hosted a gay wedding last weekend at the residence for one of his top advisers.

n a written statement, Malloy said he implores “every state to give full faith and credit to valid same-sex marriages” and that every Connecticut resident “deserves to have their marriage recognized as they travel among the states.” (See the full Malloy statement)

While Connecticut has recognized same-sex marriage since 2008, Malloy said the federal DOMA prevented the legally married couples from being recognized by the U.S. government.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

Call me when it flies over the governor's residence in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2013

Antonin Scalia is on his way to Connecticut as I type. And he's not happy.

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2013

[quote]Call me when it flies over the governor's residence in Texas.

Why exactly should you be called? Get off your fucking ass and DO SOMETHING in those parts of the country so it does fly.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

Texas is still fighting evolution. I doubt the rainbow flag will be flying anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

[quote]Call me when it flies over the governor's residence in Texas.

I'd like to see the flags in Texas flying at half-mast, for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

At the moment, a fetus is flying at half mast over the Texas governor's mansion.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Texas is such a horrible state.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

No, but Texas Republicans are fucking toxic.

Last night, the gallery erupted and stopped the Republicans from ramming through their abortion bill in a special session.

Perry has called another special session and they will no doubt prevent anything like that happening again.

On the plus side, Wendy Davis has become a national figure and will probably run for governor.

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013

Give me a break, OP. Everyone knows there is NO difference between Democrats and Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!