Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Workers Hold US Factory Owner Hostage in China

The BBC coverage included some statements from Starnes that he thought this was the result of rumors that had spread, and that he thought they would resolve this soon. More information will surely come out, but right now I'm impressed that the workers stood up to protect themselves without going nuts and killing the guy.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2013

I bet he's not thinking NAFTA was such a wonderful idea after all.

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2013

That guy is only 42???

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2013

If the factory owner was wealthy Chinese, the cops would have been in there in a flash with their batons cracking heads left and right.

This guy's problem is that he probably didn't pay-off the right gov. official.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

That's what moving to China does to you, R2

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

This needs to happen much, much more!

This guy was basically a slave master.

by Anonymousreply 506/27/2013

someone will slap his face

by Anonymousreply 606/27/2013

Agree, r5.

And it needs to start happening here as well. Corporate thugs have driven workers into the ground with their insatiable greed.

by Anonymousreply 706/27/2013

You would think will all the guns American own, they wouldn't be so fuc*king passive with these Corporate slave masters.

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2013

[quote]You would think will all the guns American own, they wouldn't be so fuc*king passive with these Corporate slave masters.

Because the slave masters are white (emphasis on the "h") and gun nuts prefer to blame illegal immigrants making less than shit for why the country is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2013

What does NAFTA have to do with it, r1? NAFTA stands for North American Free Trade Agreement. It's between Canada, USA, and Mexico. China is in Asia last time I checked.

by Anonymousreply 1006/27/2013

I think R1s context on NAFTA is incorrect, however, there is a link.

NAFTA was the start of opening the Chinese gateway by negotiating away the tariffs which prevented slave labor products from entering the USA.

NAFTAs real target was Mexico (The Canada USA trade relationship was equal and 2 way and been going on for decades by this point. It didn't need an agreement).

When NAFTA was first signed, companies fled to Mexico for the cheap labor, this started the Corporate addiction and showed them they could get away with it PR wise. Most then fled (or expanded the majority of it) to China, starting in the late 1990s, because Chinese 9 year olds, are more plentiful and the Chinese government cares not about anything environmental.

by Anonymousreply 1106/27/2013

[quote]'m impressed that the workers stood up to protect themselves without going nuts and killing the guy.

You impress to easily, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1206/27/2013

Why doesn't Bill Clinton get more flack for his role in NAFTA? It was the most destructive act of his Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.