Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Walmart ditches Paula Deen

As if the Waltons of Bentonville, Arkansas never said the N word...

by Anonymousreply 6506/29/2013

I'm surprised that Walmart ditched her, they are even more offensive than she. They are a perfect match.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

When even Walmart thinks your racist... well, that should be a wake up call.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

Maybe Chik Kil Gay will pick her up as a mascot?

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

But ..., but ... she bought her son Hank Aaron pajamas for his B-Day when he was a kid.

Why, no racist on earth would ever do such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

I know Im the only one who was hoping they'd have a huge clearance sale on her kitchenware, like 75% off.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

Caesars just cut ties with her too. This woman is gonna be driven to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

Caesars Entertainment also ditched her. They have a PAC that contributed heavily to the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

[quote]This woman is gonna be driven to suicide.

She should drown herself in a vat of butter

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

Ain't I the bitch?

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

Paula Deen, just go away. Forever. And take your two good for nothing sons with you.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

Betcha Walmart takes her back fairly soon.

Her behavior actually appeals to a lot of their demographic, and nobody who shops at Walmart gives a shit about employees being treated badly.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

I don't know, she was pretty convincingly broken up about it on the Today show. I just wanted to hold her. But honestly, how many more millions does she think she deserves?

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

[quote]I don't know, she was pretty convincingly broken up about it on the Today show.

Oh please, what melodrama! Paula Deen is crying for herself, the way people on trial cry on the stand. They aren't upset because they regret their actions, or are sorry for what they did, they cry because they are sorry they got caught, and are having to face the consequences of those actions. This woman is a fool:

[quote]If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back — if you're out there, please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me. Please. I want to meet you. I is who I is and I'm not changing. There's someone evil out there that saw what I worked for and they wanted it.

Shut up, Paula.

And if you haven't seen it, watch this clip of her talking to The NYT last year about how slaves were just like family and then introducing her “as black as that board” friend to the audience:

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2013

Fuck this political correctness. I enjoy those butter drenched cakes she makes for Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2013

she needs to be rolled and mud

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2013

she does

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2013

R2, perhaps when you guys admit you had a very different reaction when Isiah Washington said a word and you applauded his losing his job, you'll get your wish.

[quote]Fuck this political correctness. I enjoy those butter drenched cakes she makes for Walmart.

And no doubt Chick-Fil-A is another thing you weren't willing to give up. Right?

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2013

I don't know if Walmart uses the N word. They certainly laugh about

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2013

Isn't that like the old sayi8ng..... "The pot calling the kettle black"

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2013

R15, that was a pretty sweet clip, and Paula wasn't being racist at all.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2013

I'm sure if she brought out her gay stylist and made a reference to his limp wrists, I'm sure that would've been sweet, too.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2013

[quote] I'm surprised that Walmart ditched her, they are even more offensive than she

Exactly. Her bad employee practices would serve as a reminder of their own employee practices and that would get hurled in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2013

[quote] This woman is gonna be driven to suicide.

Oh no, R8. People like her do not commit suicide. She may fake one for sympathy but she is the type that casually destroys others' lives, bats her eyes and asks, "Me? What did I do? I loved my employees as if they were my own property, er, I mean children."

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2013

[quote]I'm sure if she brought out her gay stylist and made a reference to his limp wrists, I'm sure that would've been sweet, too.

Um.... you are aware that associating "gay" with effem-inate, annoying, bitchy, silly, weak, embarrassing behavior is the full time mission of this site, right?

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2013

R26, gays doing it to each other is one thing...like "nigga."

by Anonymousreply 2706/26/2013

I like Walmart but her cakes do suck.

by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2013

How is it racist to say someone is "as black as this board" if it's true? I'm as white as a ghost, people tell me that all the time, and I do not take it as racism! It's just the truth concerning the color of one's skin. And?

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2013

That's right R29-- and when you are standing next to your snowy white sheets drying on the line, I'm sure it's not unusual for a neighbor to yell out "Come over here. We can't see you standing next to those linens."

It's all the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 3106/26/2013

[quote]That's right [R29]-- and when you are standing next to your snowy white sheets drying on the line,

And his white hood. Don't forget the hood.

by Anonymousreply 3206/26/2013

She'll ALWAYS be a beloved celebrity in Georgia and in other parts of the south. Her restaurants will flourish down there, but nationally speaking, she's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 3306/26/2013

Take an easy on Paula Deen. She doesnt hate black people. She thinks everybody should own one.

by Anonymousreply 3406/26/2013

The food at her Savannah restaurant is awful. Total tourist trap.

by Anonymousreply 3506/26/2013

[quote]Let me guess: When someone calls you "faggot", you don't take it as homophobia and just consider it the truth concerning one's sexuality?

That's not the same thing at all. Pointing out the color of my skin (matter-of-factly) is not the same as hurling derogatory names. If you watched the entire clip, her friend comes up on stage and he is in fact as black as that board. How is that racist to say? You people get your panties twisted SO easily! Talk about pearl clutchers.

by Anonymousreply 3606/26/2013

Her tears on The Today Show were as real as Susan Lucci's. Her eyes weren't even damp.

by Anonymousreply 3706/26/2013

[quote] She'll ALWAYS be a beloved celebrity in Georgia and in other parts of the south. Her restaurants will flourish down there,

Maybe she can put an axe handle over the entrance to welcome all fellow travelers. Wink wink.

by Anonymousreply 3806/26/2013

Her crying on The Today Show rivals the display put on by the North Korean people when their beloved leader died.

by Anonymousreply 3906/26/2013

Her weepy "apology" on Today was a load of crap. Wasn't saying "I is what I is" just another way of saying "I'm a big fat racist so get over it" ?

by Anonymousreply 4006/27/2013

NPR reported that Target has dropped her.

by Anonymousreply 4106/27/2013

This is becoming a South Park episode.

by Anonymousreply 4206/27/2013

I heard Home Dept has shitcanned her ass as well.

by Anonymousreply 4306/27/2013

For fuck's sake, people. This is not and never has been about her say ing ONE word year ago.

Stop perpetuating that bullshit spin.

by Anonymousreply 4406/27/2013

r 1 is right. There is a 33 page complaint, made by a white woman (btw) stating all kinds of gender, sexual and racist harassment from the Deen family.

by Anonymousreply 4506/27/2013

[quote] I heard Home Dept has shitcanned her ass as well

That was yesterday or the day before.

Bye bye Food Network

Bye bye Smithfield

Bye bye Harrah's aka Paula Deen's buffet restaurants - I think Caesars Entertainment is the parent corporation that announced they'd be rebranding the restaurants.

Bye bye Wal-Mart (baking dishes & knife ware)

Bye bye Home Depot

Bye bye Novo Nordisk diabetes drug company

Bye bye Target

K Mart & Sears & QVC still waiting

Random House, which is publishing Deen’s upcoming book, “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up,” similarly told People magazine it is “monitoring the situation closely.” The book is scheduled to come out in October.

A food company in Ohio seems to be standing by her - can't remember their name.

Have I missed anything?

by Anonymousreply 4606/27/2013

[quote]A food company in Ohio seems to be standing by her

It's a company that has no previous ties with her and no ties with her right now. The "standing by her" is no different from someone at DL saying everyone is being too rough on her.

by Anonymousreply 4706/27/2013

I have a vague memory of hearing that her show regardless of being cancelled on The Food Network is still planning on shooting. I'm willing to bet that CMT will pick up her show.

by Anonymousreply 4806/27/2013

Advance orders surge for Paula Deen's cookbook. Up 1,300%

by Anonymousreply 4906/27/2013

[quote]I have a vague memory of hearing that her show regardless of being cancelled on The Food Network is still planning on shooting. I'm willing to bet that CMT will pick up her show.

That was several days ago. The stories keep coming and building. It would be no surprise to see some people cancel their advance orders for the cookbook. Of course, her southern fans will stick by the bitch now that they've heard about her use of the n-word and the f@g word.

by Anonymousreply 5006/27/2013

[quote]Advance orders surge for Paula Deen's cookbook. Up 1,300%

It won't last long. It's like after a singer dies all of their songs and albums shoot back to the top of the charts one last time.

Besides, good book sales (which the publisher gets a chunk of) don't make up for the huge endorsements deals she lost from big companies. That's where the real money is at.

by Anonymousreply 5106/27/2013

I was pissed at her for the diabetes thing; she should've lost all her deals back then. Glad she's getting dropped now. Not only is she a racist but she's a hypocrite too.

by Anonymousreply 5206/27/2013

Book now #1 on Amazon, #7 on Barnes and Noble

by Anonymousreply 5306/27/2013

[quote]Have I missed anything?

Hoffman Media in Birmingham, which publishes her magazine, is also "monitoring the situation." Their CEO is a right-wing church lady, though, so I'm willing to bet they keep her.

by Anonymousreply 5406/27/2013

R53 Did you not read R51? That summed it up best.

by Anonymousreply 5506/27/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 5606/27/2013

Does anyone know if the person who threw that ham at her by any chance black?

by Anonymousreply 5706/27/2013

What are you talking about, r57? Who threw what? You are not being clear at all.

by Anonymousreply 5806/27/2013

Paula was passing out frozen turkeys for Thanksgiving for from some charity in 2009 and a person accidentally threw a frozen turkey and hit Paula in the head.

by Anonymousreply 5906/27/2013

"Walmart ditches Paula Deen."

We want all of our redneck customers to know that we did have a bunch of blacks to dig the ditch.

by Anonymousreply 6006/27/2013

However, Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth's and Cream of Wheat are now anxious to sign her on.

by Anonymousreply 6106/27/2013

Let's discuss Cream of Wheat.

by Anonymousreply 6206/27/2013

Paula Deen's publisher dropped her today, even though pre-orders for an upcoming cookbook surged since the scandal.

Her collapse really is nearing completion.

by Anonymousreply 6306/28/2013

Either they were already looking for an out or they know there's worse stuff out there.

by Anonymousreply 6406/28/2013

[quote]Hoffman Media in Birmingham, which publishes her magazine, is also "monitoring the situation." Their CEO is a right-wing church lady, though, so I'm willing to bet they keep her.

I guessed right.

by Anonymousreply 6506/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.