Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Matt Lauer - Paula Deen inteview

I'm so sad SNL isn't in production right now.

They could have a field day with this like they did when Deborah Norville replaced Jane Pauley and Kathleen Turner played Deborah/Eve Harrington and Jan Hooks played Jane/Margo Channing.

Paula: Matt, did y'all have this kind of problem when you fired the China Lady?... Matt, I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I meant to say the 'Oriental Girl!'

by Anonymousreply 6906/27/2013

[quote]Paula: Matt, did y'all have this kind of problem when you fired the China Lady?... Matt, I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I meant to say the 'Oriental Girl!'

This made me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2013

I'm assuming Kate McKinnon would play her?

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2013

Too bad Matt wasn't asked the same questions.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

thanks R1,

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

I did not think Matt was fair to Paula. I don't like her, am not a fan but will stand up for her. If anyone tells you they have never used a slur against another person, they are a LIAR

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

Is it possible this fallout against Paula is a delayed result of the big hypocrite she was being a diabetic while telling people to cook everything in butter?

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

If they're gonna do Paula Deen on SNL, they've gotta get Melanie Hutsell back, whose only recent jobs have been as a Paula Deen impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

More Melanie Hutsell as Paula Deen.

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

I'm thinking that too, R6... or at least a two strikes law. I think the diabetic thing is worse because it wasn't behind the scenes behavior. She hid the fact that she had it while shilling the type of food that exacerbates it.

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

yeah R&7, when this recent stuff broke I thought oh, that liar.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

That interview was a joke. all you have to do is watch the last minute. She ALMOST squeezes out ONE SINGLE tear after a 13 minute interview! But she's crying like a baby?

Total Bullshit. Alligator tears.

If she would just shut up, go away, and stop trying to fix it, the shitstorm will blow over!

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

[quote]Alligator tears.

Crocodile.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

So I wonder if Today will finally win a week?

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

I want Jamie Deen to pound me sooo hard.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

Matt Lauer was as cold-hearted as a snake and still mad at Paula for her no-show last Friday. This kind of nasty ass behavior is why nobody watches The Today Show and goes for Good Morning America instead. NBC needs to get rid of him. He's a bitchy acting little turd. He had Paula in fake tears for 13 minutes. Imagine doing that to your own mother. All because she said the N-Word, which everyone says, including Rappers who use it fluently in their disgusting songs of filth that blast from car radios all over this racist country. I don't blame her for using that word in reference to the fucktard who held a gun to her head after she helped give him a loan at the bank!

I wish Paula would stop sniveling and tell off the media by saying "I've apologized, now shut the fuck up about it and leave me to hell alone!"

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2013

Paula Deen thinks that some fake apology is going to make up for the racist slurs, the years of rampant discrimination in her company, and the whole slave wedding fiasco.

No, bitch. You reap what you sew. Your actions have consequences. Welcome to the real world. You can't just piss a bunch of people off and then get a big hug after saying, "I'm sorry." You're not a two year old.

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2013

R16 I agree completely. I think it's funny how the white gays on here are defending her, but you can bet that if she had said "faggot" it'd be a whole different story.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2013

I don't defend her, but I can't stand Lauer's smug ass. This was the same guy who jumped all over Kanye and demanded he apologize over his Bush/Katrina comment. Now he's all outraged? Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2013

People are being so willfully ignorant on this whole thing. The issue is not that she used that word (which, unfortunately, Matt made the focus of the entire interview). It's about unfair and hostile working conditions for her black employees.

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2013

If she had said "faggot" she would not have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2013

[quote]You reap what you sew.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2013

If she's said "faggot" the Christian Right would be making pilgrimages to The Lady and Sons and tweeting about it, anointing her heiress apparent to Chik-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2013

Her fans are rednecks. They will only secretly rejoice in the racism. Her coded, "I is what I is" was for them. They got it.

Paula is very shrewd. She's getting her face out there and sort of apologizing, but not really. She's just the spokesmodel for Bobby's empire- she doesn't even know how to cook. They've made millions off the farce.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2013

I already see a lot of white Christian types supporting her. In fact, I felt like she was tossing them a bone when she recited that lame "God will get us through it" line (or whatever it was) in the interview.

In truth, I'm very disappointed by all this. The diabetes thing was fucked up, but Paula seemed so likable (and very gay friendly) when she was on Kathy Griffin's show. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2013

[quote]f she's said "faggot" the Christian Right would be making pilgrimages to The Lady and Sons and tweeting about it, anointing her heiress apparent to Chik-Fil-A.

They made the pilgrimage when she was fired. This is from two days ago.

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2013

[quote]All because she said the N-Word, which everyone says, including Rappers who use it fluently in their disgusting songs of filth that blast from car radios

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2013

OMG, R25. That picture...wow. Are the chairs reinforced at the restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 2706/26/2013

Equal opportunity for all.

by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2013

r19, I agree, and its pissing me off that this whole story is now about her and her empire falling to pieces. There are tons of black employees across America that are treated like Jim Crow never ended and its 2013. That is issue here.

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2013

Agree R19, R28, R29. VOTN she is now being accused of saying just that!

if she's said "faggot" the Christian Right would be making pilgrimages to The Lady and Sons and tweeting about it, anointing her heiress apparent to Chik-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 3006/26/2013

SNL hasn't had a field day with anything for years.

by Anonymousreply 3106/26/2013

I cannot help but wonder what Martha Stewart thinks of all this.

Will Bobby come out of the closet by now? He can just go for it now.

by Anonymousreply 3206/26/2013

Why is there an uproar when Deen admits to using racial slurs, yet when Jamie Foxx claims that the best thing about "Django Unchained" is that he gets to kill all the white people in it nothing happens?

by Anonymousreply 3306/26/2013

Because R33, Foxx doesn't have a chain of restaurants with a history of mistreating its black employees, Deen does.

That interview was weak. Lauer didn't ask enough and didn't keep her on topic. It started to get interesting whrn he asked her about appealing to her base. She's right, she's no actress.

by Anonymousreply 3406/26/2013

R34, Foxx has a history of making racist statements, and gets a pass every time he opens his mouth. Why is there no uproar over his racist comments?

by Anonymousreply 3506/26/2013

R35 If you don't like him or his movies, don't go see them. Simple as that.

And lets get real - a lot of white people really are racist assholes. All you have to do is read the comments people post under black-related articles on sites or read the racist comments people make under videos on Youtube. Whites hating blacks is alive and well. And just look at what people on here who have worked in HR have said - that the white HR people will talk shit about black applicants and throw their resumes away if they realize they are black.

Can you blame black people getting sick of white people and their bullshit? Cry me a river acting like white people have it so hard.

by Anonymousreply 3606/26/2013

Friend, at r37, are you aware of the remarkable advances in HIV related treatments since your witty riposte was first uttered in about 1982?

by Anonymousreply 3806/26/2013

Agree with r16

by Anonymousreply 3906/26/2013

Paula shouldn't have to lose everything. I'm not supporting these sponsors that are bailing on her. I think they're wrong. But she does herself no favors with her fake tears.

by Anonymousreply 4006/26/2013

[quote]And lets get real - a lot of white people really are racist assholes.

Sweeping generalization much?

by Anonymousreply 4106/26/2013

R41 Nope. It's the truth. And I didn't say ALL, I said "a lot".

by Anonymousreply 4206/26/2013

[quote] Paula: Matt, did y'all have this kind of problem when you fired the China Lady?... Matt, I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I meant to say the 'Oriental Girl!'

I can just picture fat big headed paula holding her eyes back with her fingers "acting Chinese"

by Anonymousreply 4306/26/2013

I am sure that at one time or another in all our lives we have all said a racial slur. However, most of us are not public figures who planned a wedding party where black people were to be dressed like slaves.

I am sure she is sorry. But the more she talks, the more she comes across as being clueless about the offensiveness of what she did.

She ought to just shut up and resurface in about 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 4406/26/2013

She came off clueless to me when she was cooking everything in butter and shoving it down people's throats.

I find that more offensive than her language.

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2013

[quote]Her fans are rednecks

Not all of them. She has (had) a HUGE following in the black community.

by Anonymousreply 4706/26/2013

Is it racist to call someone white trash? Even if you're white? Apparently the mere mention of a skin color or race = racism.

by Anonymousreply 4806/26/2013

"Pick up a rock and throw it as hard as you can at my head"

Later she replaced rock with boulder.

I'll happily comply with her wish.

What a contrived, laughable, cornpone performance. Then that cunt says "I am not an actress.....I is what I is".

by Anonymousreply 4906/26/2013

Has that black couple who has a show on FN commented about this? I can't remember their name. They do their own version of southern cooking.

by Anonymousreply 5006/26/2013

The Neelys. And actually, they got their start on Paula's show.

by Anonymousreply 5106/26/2013

@R46, quit pretending you don't know the difference between nigga and nigg$r.

I'm so sick of racist white people...disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 5306/26/2013

Thanks, R51. This must all be highly uncomfortable for them.

by Anonymousreply 5406/26/2013

@53, I'm not white and all u did was confirm what I said. You mean to tell me black people can't possibly be racist? Moron.

by Anonymousreply 5506/26/2013

[quote]The Neelys. And actually, they got their start on Paula's show.

Well that kind of says something.

[quote] i hate crackers.

That's the second time I've heard that word today. I thought we were honkies.

by Anonymousreply 5606/26/2013

"She has (had) a HUGE following in the black community."

As long as they remain several paces behind her.

by Anonymousreply 5706/26/2013

@55, well that's even worse than being a racist white person. Plus, if you don't know why nigg$r is bad, look it up dumb ass, you already on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 5806/26/2013

On the news show today the ratio of black people and white people sticking up for her was 80/20. Typical black talking head: "We've all said things we regret." Typical white talking head: "She lied. Four sponsors have left her today."

One thing everyone agrees on: Matt Lauer is a flaming asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5906/26/2013

[quote]Has that black couple who has a show on FN commented about this?

The Neelys responded a couple of days ago. Here's the excerpt:

[italic]"We were shocked and saddened to learn of the comments from Paula Deen. Racism of any kind from anyone is simply unacceptable and cannot be tolerated," said the couple. In our own relationship, Paula has shown us kindness and generosity. We trust that Paula's apologies are sincere and hope there is a positive lesson to be learned from this situation."[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 6006/26/2013

Bet she'll never tell the truth again.

by Anonymousreply 6206/26/2013

"Bet she'll never tell the truth again."

You mean like when she claims "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"?

by Anonymousreply 6306/26/2013

What the hell! She mad her black employees use a different entrance and only let them use certain bathrooms! That's the story! Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 6506/26/2013

@64 First of all, you haven't heard me express any outrage at all with what Paula Deen said 30 years ago. Secondly, any other race using the n-word towards black people is meaningless and laughable. The white race has always been the dominant race in this country, therefore the deplorable history behind the word is with the white race.

Again, use the resources available to before you get on here making idiotic comments.

by Anonymousreply 6606/27/2013

@66 So if it's "meaningless" and "laughable" when another race says nigger, then it must be fine if I use it, cuz according to you, it doesn't mean anything coming from me.

Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6706/27/2013

Matt's just mad cause he's not getting any.

by Anonymousreply 6806/27/2013

Is this thread really been derailed by someone not understanding the difference between a black person using those terms and a white person using it? Wow. It's no different than a gay person using fag but a straight person not. Idiots. Or Mexican making beaner jokes that a nonmexican couldn't make.

Anyway, Paula is a disgrace for pushing her heart attack recipes and trying to hide her own diabetes for financial gain. This is no loss.

by Anonymousreply 6906/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.