Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does everyone call Kristin Stewart a bad actress?

I thought she was good as Joan Jett in The Runaways.

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2013

Irrationality. They have some vaguely sensed resentment toward her for some reason, so they lie and trash her on matters that can't be proven and are totally arbitrary. This goes for most actors the sputtering mobs claim to be "bad."

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2013

She's not bad. She's not Oscar caliber, but she's far from bad.

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2013

This video explains why everyone thinks she's a bad actress

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

She has the same affectations in every single movie as she does in every interview she gives.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

[quote]She has the same affectations in every single movie as she does in every interview she gives.

Kind of like Katherine Hepburn.

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

She behaves immaturely and has an expressionless face. Her career is over.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

She only plays angsty teenager type roles. She has no range and no charisma.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

I didn't have an opinion on her one way or the other before, and thought she had to be at least decent to land the roles she had before Twilight.

But then I actually watched Twilight, and she was AWFUL. Watch her acting at around 2:45 in the clip - one of the most awkward performances I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

They didn't even try to make the "Twilight" movies good, because they knew the idiot Twitards would make it profitable no matter what they put on the screen.

Making a movie like that can be incredibly bad for a young actor's career, and skill level. If they're showered with wealth and fame for doing their worst work, how to convince them to drop all the bad, lazy, annoying habits they learned on this franchise?

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

I don't understand what the problem with her is.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

I agree with you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

She got very very lucky with Twilight. Otherwise, there is nothing to recommend her. She's not a beauty, has no charisma, and is woefully untalented.

But her career is essentially over.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

I thought Kristin gave her greatest performance in Breaking Dawn Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

She is wooden and just does different versions of the same personality. She comes across as dead inside in all her roles. A one trick pony, but the trick is of negligible interest.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

R3, that video is hilarious. The Kristin Stewart School of Sigh-acting.

She doesn't seem to have anything coming out. There are a few things in pre-production and the horrendously bad "Snow White" is getting a sequel.

"Snow White" is the only thing of hers that I've seen. Has she ever given a good performance?

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2013

She's terrible! Her acting consists of having her mouth hang open.

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2013

That Snow White film was fucking unwatchable and Kristen Stewart was the worst part.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2013

That video in R3 sums it up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2013

They tried to make her an IT girl but it never took on. She's inherently unlikable and untalented. Now that her franchise is over and all the money has been made Hollywood will have no use for her.

Jennifer Lawrence took her career.

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2013

She's like Pinocchio she's so wooden. It's amateur hour all the way.

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2013

The wooden thing wouldn't bother me if it wasn't repeated in every role she plays. There is a big difference between making a role one's own and hammering in a square peg.

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2013

Because of me.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2013

You'd be surprised at how much we think an actress is bad subconsciously of how she looks.

Most actors, unless they are character actors, have the same neutral expression for a lot of their roles. (Clooney, Jolie, Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence) But when an actress ( Kristen Stewart) has an unappealing one, it becomes unbearable. If she was drop dead gorgeous and had amazing teeth, we wouldn't notice these things.

by Anonymousreply 2308/07/2013

[quote]If she was drop dead gorgeous and had amazing teeth, we wouldn't notice these things.

Yes we would. Just look at Megan Fox. Horrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 2508/07/2013

^ Damn... Just beat my argument

@24 I think she is pretty as well. Very pretty, but I have to play to the masses or get annihilated.

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!