Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think this is an unusual fruit to like?

I love litchee fruit or is it lychee. I don't think many people know about this fruit. But it's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2013

I like a lychee martini.

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2013

Are we speaking of the kumquat here?

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2013

Mangosteen ... truly a taste sensation.

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2013

I recently found out about them from a coworker who is from Cuba. I think you're right OP, they are popular with Latinos, but most everyone else is unfamiliar with them. They are delicious.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2013

They're a Latino thing now? They were originally an Asian thing, some of the local Chinese restaurants offer them as a dessert.

I don't like them, but then I dislike a lot of fruits.

by Anonymousreply 606/25/2013

We grow lychees here in the Miami area. They are in season right now, so,we have lots of roadside stands selling them. We even have an organic lychee farm who sells nearby. Really refreshing to eat chilled lychees on a warm summer night.

But I agree that mangosteens are nectar from heaven. They are cold sensitive in Miami - need greenhouse protectio, so very rare to find here.

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2013

OP, Haven't you ever had sweet and sour chicken made with canned lychees and green pepper? I mean the "original Americanized" version, not the phony option at Panda Express.

by Anonymousreply 806/25/2013

Lychees. My dad used to take us to Chinatown in NYC. Going back a lot of years, we ate in Esther Eng's which was a great place back in the day. Then my dad would take us to shop around there. I still have a little jade buddha. We used to buy tea and boxes of dried lychee called lychee nuts. The fruit was in a thin bumpy shell which you cracked, then ate . Something like a prune with a pit. But very sweet and delicious.

by Anonymousreply 906/25/2013

We used to go on a hunt for Esther Eng's every year in the spring.

by Anonymousreply 1006/25/2013

Shoot, I thought y'all were talking about me instead of my momma.

by Anonymousreply 1106/25/2013

My mother eats kumquats and her mother ate persimmons.

It feesl good to get that off my chest.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

Lychee gummy candy is my favorite candy.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!