Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you believe that there really is such thing as extraterresterial life? or ALIENS?

I was reading an article on aliens from the Vanity Fair and a lot of people had encounters with aliens. I wonder if there are aliens why they'd let us live here since it is a fertile piece of land. Wouldn't they want it for themselves?

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

"I wonder if there are aliens why they'd let us live here since it is a fertile piece of land."

The aliens used to own large swaths of it but they return to it because few Americans want to work the fertile lands.

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2013

Of course I believe there's extraterrestrial life, I can't believe that this is the only planet in the entire freaking universe to have life.

I don't believe they visit here, why would they? And I certainly don't believe that the visiting aliens are human-like. Life on Earth takes enough strange forms that I would expect life on other planets to be all kinds of weird.

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2013

All the aleins are plainly visible here in California. I don't know what planet they might have originated, but most just say they're from Mexico or central America or the Phillipines or China. A few claim they come from Europe, but they are a minority among the other aleins. My guess is that they are all from youranus.

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2013

Do you realize the odds of earth having the only life? No question there is life elsewhere. I for one do not want to make contact. Chances are it would not be pleasant for us. Think native Americans. We would be crushed no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2013

If we offered up Christina Hendricks dressed as Joan in Mad Men Season 1 maybe they'd lay off us.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2013

I love this interactive extraterrestrial likelihood calculator from the BBC. Plug in your values, and see how many civilizations might be out there.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Carl Sagan proved the existence of Alien life forms mathematically on pure randomization algorithms, based on the known size of the universe, in the 1980s, at about 500 planets currently.

We now know the universe is exponentially larger.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

I do, the chances are just too high. But they would dwell SO FAR from us as to be unreachable. Life beyond out solar system is impossible to approach

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

The aliens don't want this fertile land. They subsist on a diet of stuff that is corrosive to us.

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

"I wonder if there are aliens why they'd let us live here since it is a fertile piece of land. Wouldn't they want it for themselves?"

You seem to be making a great many assumptions there: 1) that aliens would find our crops and land useful, 2) that aliens don't have sufficient resources of their own, 3) that aliens are greedily domineering and bent toward conquest to feed themselves, rather than respectful of what to them are aliens and their needs, 4) that aliens have the power to conquer even if they wanted to, including but not limited that they are among us or could get here, and 5) that aliens, who in all likelihood live on a planet thousands of light years away from earth would find it at all cost efficient to colonize Earth for sustenance.

But other than all of that, you are completely persuasive.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

Yes, they are here. supposedly there are several species, "tall whites", "greys" etc.

Google "Charles Hall" and make up your own mind about it.

I do believe there are aliens.

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

This thread so needs a followup thread ....

"Do you think Corporations try and avoid paying taxes"

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

i believe there are aliens and they have been making most of the crop circles, which are some kind of message for us that we haven't deciphered yet.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

I believe that there is life on other planets.

I don;t believe in the alien abduction nonsense, though.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

How do u think humans became so intelligent? It didn't just happen.

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2013

I also believe that any aliens out there are far more advanced than the human race is, to a level we can't imagine which is why they've mostly evaded our view. I don't believe they would harm us or even need to or would have done so a long time ago.

r15 some believe that humans are actually part extra-terrestrial, that the original humans were maybe seeded from them.

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2013

"Yes, they are here. supposedly there are several species, "tall whites", "greys" etc."

All the commonly reported "aliens" are some variation on humanoids - upright, four limbs, two eyes on the front of the head, etc. Now since life on Earth takes such strange forms, even our own class the mammals include star-nosed bats and blue whales, aliens looking like humans is the stuff of cheap sci-fi and tiny minds.

And the crop circles are made by pranksters and artists, they have competitions. Read up on it, it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2013

Im sure there is life elsewhere. But I dont think they are visiting us. One, it would take too long for them to get here. Two, with everyone having video cameras with them, we should be seeing more photographic evidence of their visits, but we are not.

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2013

There is no proof of anyone making the complex crop circles, human or otherwise. Many appear annually in she same fields, particularly in southern England and Italy; well-placed video equipment have not been able to implicate anyone in their creation.

They often appear suddenly overnight, their large size and complexity in recent years implying many hours of planning and execution by several people- none of whom have been actually caught making them. And when I say "them", I'm not talking about the clearly crude designs that people have admitted to making and anyone can tell are man-made, I'm talking about huge highly symmetrical designs like the one at the link.

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2013

I believe it because all the known religions and mythologies of various cultures all involve these stories of fiery chariots, and people rising up to the heavens, and so forth.

Also, we are getting fatter and fatter. I believe we are food for them. We are a large corporate farm, and soon it's going to be harvest time.

Now give me back my crack pipe.

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2013

[quote]All the commonly reported "aliens" are some variation on humanoids - upright, four limbs, two eyes on the front of the head, etc. Now since life on Earth takes such strange forms, even our own class the mammals include star-nosed bats and blue whales, aliens looking like humans is the stuff of cheap sci-fi and tiny minds.

UNLESS.....

We are their descendants.

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

I believe it! Seen an actual UFO from 300 ft. above, when I was 16 years old. Looked straight out of CEOTTK, Steven Spielberg had to know something!

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.