Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Broadway Bares

Anyone go?

Anybody know who the lead dancer in "Texas" is?

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

That was a whole lotta nothin'.

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2013

I think he is Patrick Boyd

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2013

It's hard to criticize people trying to raise money for charity, but it wasn't really as good as other editions I have seen.

There was a certain sameness to a bunch of the numbers. There was a Mormon Wife number that was quite good though.

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2013

Some of the most in depth coverage

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

went for the first time this year. so much fun! Don't know anything about the Texas dancer but my friend was the dominatrix in the in Mormon number.

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

R5, she must be very proud indeed.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Broadway Bares began in 1992 to a Janet Jackson recording. They need to chronicle this in a coffee table book or maybe a made for cable film.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

They had a coffee table book for sale! And, yes, as the second highest fund raiser, He was very proud.

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

Adam Lambert doing an amazing Star Spangled Banner.

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

Here are their new postcards

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

Lambert is a one trick pony...his career will go the way of Sam Harris- amazing voice....but no sublety. I mean how long can you listen to a person scream? I thought the interpretation of the national anthem was all about him hitting notes and had nothing to do with the song or what it means.

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

Judith Light appeared at the end (like she did last year) which was nice. She's such an enthusiastic supporter and that shines through from her. Andy Cohen made an appearance after her and was, of course, making all the proceedings about him. He was saying that he was on the lookout for bartenders for WWHL (as if that's what all those dancers must aspire to in life). He was there to announce the winners of the team and individual strip-a-thons. He instructed the male individual winner to take off his shirt and pants in order to receive his sash. Basically, he was just annoying as ever (I have to say though, that in person his arms are HUGE).

I've been to the show for the past 5-6 years in a row and this one was just not as good. The Mormon number was really fun and there were definitely plenty of hotties (the lead Texas guy was a fucking Adonis). But the theme this year didn't feel as cohesive as it has in the past. And the aerial component of the show, which is always an absolute jaw-dropper, was kind of meh this year.

But the performers were incredibly enthusiastic and it is all for such a great cause, why bitch really.

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

R11 = Clay "my ears are bleeding" Aiken.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

I disagree about Lambert. He can do subtlety very well.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.