Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you keep a journal?

I used to, but haven't lately.

Can anyone recommend perhaps a tablet or iPad app that you use ?

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2015

Yes, and I still do; it's important to chronicle your life! Who else will? This is where your book begins...the rest is still unwritten...

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2013

no one else?

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2013

Yes. I guess I'm old fashioned, I just do each year in a WORD document.

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2013

Kind of...

Whenever I want to see my historical emotional state, I google " My cousin's friend who is a stylist".

It takes me all the way back to the Jennifer/Angelina wars.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2013

Oh god no. I lived with someone for 8 years who kept a daily journal. He was a nice guy in many ways, but he could be summed up as trite but true. He felt he was very profound. He would disappear into his study each night, penning his musings. I imagined it thusly: Tuesday. Had pancakes. They were good.

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2013

It's a good way to tell the world "I Was Here" after we've gone.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2013

Embarrassingly I still post on my livejournal but I'm there for the people on my friends list.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2013

I do "morning pages" 3 pages a day From Julia Cameron's The artist way

by Anonymousreply 806/26/2013

yes, a sex one

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2013

I do, but not regularly. I use it when I have problems, it's kind of like talking to myself but in the writing out of my problems I can almost always find the answer to the problem. I need to throw them out as I'd hate for anyone to find them and think my life is nothing but problems, but it's also really good to go thru them and realize how I've grown and how the things that were problems a couple years back are things I know now how to take care of with out writing it out.

I've tried doing it on a computer but for me there is something about the speed that I write, compared to how fast I type, that helps with the contemplation of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2013

I, myself, do not.

by Anonymousreply 1101/04/2015

I have since I was 18, I'm now 35, but in the past few years I write less. I've never sat and read all of the entries (it's about ten volumes) and I don't know that anyone will; but I've opened a page here and there and been fascinated, particularly when I first came out and when I was in college. There's also some incredible negative first impressions of people who later became close friends.

by Anonymousreply 1201/04/2015

by Anonymousreply 1301/04/2015

I'm like R10 and use my journal to talk out my problems with myself.

It's been hit or miss over the decades but I try to write at least once a week.

by Anonymousreply 1401/04/2015

I not only KEEP one -- I publish it!

by Anonymousreply 1501/04/2015

I can't. I try and fail each time. I'm so self-conscious of writing and I very quickly write in a writerly way for some unknown, unwanting reader. I'll check out the morning pages idea.

by Anonymousreply 1601/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!