Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Military Coup at Outserve-SLDN

This weekend, active duty lieutenant Josh Seefried staged a coup against Allyson Robinson. Shortly after, Outserve-SLDN announced a change in focus from legal issues to "advocacy".

by Blue Falconreply 906/26/2013

The merge of Outserve and SLDN has ultimately resulted in the death of outside legal support to LGBT military members. Where can I donate my money now?

by Blue Falconreply 106/25/2013

OP, learn how to write a fucking scoop. Who the hell is Allyson Robinson? Why do you neglect to point out that Josh Seefried founded OutServe? If the focus of OutServe-SLDN was primarily legal in nature, it's because it was the larger/better funded organization upon merger.

Ultimately, neither organization is very useful.

by Blue Falconreply 206/25/2013

Fair enough.

Lieutenant Josh Seefried founded Outserve, which launched in 2010. SLDN was founded in 1993. In 2012, the two organizations combined to form Outserve-SLDN. Josh Seefried and some members of the board of directors booted executive officer Allyson Robinson, simultaneously announcing a change in focus, which excludes SLDN's 20 year mission: legal support for LGBT military members.

Agree? I'm not a journalist, I'm just one of many people that is affected negatively by this change. Maybe you don't see a use for SLDN because you don't personally need them right now. In my branch, it isn't that strange to be offered the legal assistance of a homophobic old JAG that has had a personal hand in the discharge of gay service members under DADT.

Maybe you also experience the officer privilege Josh Seefried enjoys, serving as an active duty officer while publicly leading a political organization. Maybe the Air Force differs from the rest of the DoD.

by Blue Falconreply 306/25/2013

You're suggesting bigoted military people are trying to take down gay legal support?

by Blue Falconreply 406/25/2013

What, R4? I never said that. I am suggesting the merge of Outserve and SLDN was extremely harmful to gay people. I question the timing and motives of Outserve's actions.

I am thinking of donating to the ACLU instead, though I don't always agree with them morally. I don't know if they would take up the military cause.

by Blue Falconreply 506/26/2013

I donated to and worked with SLDN for many years, especially in fighting for the repeal of DADT. I wasn't comfortable with the merger with Outserve. Now, I will pull back from donating to the group.

by Blue Falconreply 606/26/2013

They always have R5.

by Blue Falconreply 706/26/2013

by Blue Falconreply 806/26/2013

Thank for that link. There will be a lot of slack to pick up.

by Blue Falconreply 906/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!