Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Military Coup at Outserve-SLDN

This weekend, active duty lieutenant Josh Seefried staged a coup against Allyson Robinson. Shortly after, Outserve-SLDN announced a change in focus from legal issues to "advocacy".

by Blue Falconreply 906/26/2013

The merge of Outserve and SLDN has ultimately resulted in the death of outside legal support to LGBT military members. Where can I donate my money now?

by Blue Falconreply 106/25/2013

OP, learn how to write a fucking scoop. Who the hell is Allyson Robinson? Why do you neglect to point out that Josh Seefried founded OutServe? If the focus of OutServe-SLDN was primarily legal in nature, it's because it was the larger/better funded organization upon merger.

Ultimately, neither organization is very useful.

by Blue Falconreply 206/25/2013

Fair enough.

Lieutenant Josh Seefried founded Outserve, which launched in 2010. SLDN was founded in 1993. In 2012, the two organizations combined to form Outserve-SLDN. Josh Seefried and some members of the board of directors booted executive officer Allyson Robinson, simultaneously announcing a change in focus, which excludes SLDN's 20 year mission: legal support for LGBT military members.

Agree? I'm not a journalist, I'm just one of many people that is affected negatively by this change. Maybe you don't see a use for SLDN because you don't personally need them right now. In my branch, it isn't that strange to be offered the legal assistance of a homophobic old JAG that has had a personal hand in the discharge of gay service members under DADT.

Maybe you also experience the officer privilege Josh Seefried enjoys, serving as an active duty officer while publicly leading a political organization. Maybe the Air Force differs from the rest of the DoD.

by Blue Falconreply 306/25/2013

You're suggesting bigoted military people are trying to take down gay legal support?

by Blue Falconreply 406/25/2013

What, R4? I never said that. I am suggesting the merge of Outserve and SLDN was extremely harmful to gay people. I question the timing and motives of Outserve's actions.

I am thinking of donating to the ACLU instead, though I don't always agree with them morally. I don't know if they would take up the military cause.

by Blue Falconreply 506/26/2013

I donated to and worked with SLDN for many years, especially in fighting for the repeal of DADT. I wasn't comfortable with the merger with Outserve. Now, I will pull back from donating to the group.

by Blue Falconreply 606/26/2013

They always have R5.

by Blue Falconreply 706/26/2013

Example

by Blue Falconreply 806/26/2013

Thank for that link. There will be a lot of slack to pick up.

by Blue Falconreply 906/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.