Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Psych 101

I've seen you posting tonight and I hope you can help me help a friend.

I have a friend who is psychic, he knows things before they are going to happen. He used to be able to see only the good things that were coming up and it was so great when he'd call and say "There's something I need to tell you about". He was very careful when he told us tho because when would see something good coming up for a person if he told them about it a lot of times they'd do something to screw it up. He would be able to know anything that was bad that was coming up even when he tried.

Something changed for him about three months ago and now all he sees are the bad things that are coming up, and several times he hasn't had time to warn anyone. It's never been anything life or death, but things that if a person were warned ahead of time, or in enough time, they could have done something to avoid it and the problems and pains of the situation. He says it is destroying his soul. Says humans aren't meant to have these powers of insight. It's tearing him up knowing these bad things.

Any idea what's going on with him? Nothing in his life has changed except he can only pick up on the bad things.

I know a lot of posters don't believe in psychic abilities but this guy is the real thing. A couple of years ago when a few us were doubtful about his predictions he started writing them down and giving them to a friend to keep in his safe. Every single one of them came true.

by Anonymousreply 6407/14/2013

You're a good friend to be so concerned about this person.

I must admit that I am puzzled. I've never known anyone who believes, truly believes, in psychic powers to ever receive only good news or only bad news.

If you'll recall, I am a Skeptic with a capital S. However, my intuition is very strong and I can do some interesting things.

I've been feeling lately like something bad is coming. It's a general malaise I can't shake. I can't seem to find a fuck to give about anything and the world seems darker, more corrupt, and a bit meaner than ever before. It feels like a perpetual sense of . . . you know when you walk in the room and turn on the light and you think you see something out of the corner of your eye. It's that doubt that happens after, when you tell yourself you're being silly? It's that, all the time, trying to tell myself everything is fine.

Everything is not fine.

Maybe your friend is in tune with the same thing? His "gift" is definitely something I cannot do. It's an act of love to tell someone how to avoid a bad situation - so maybe he's subconsciously asking the universe, God, The Force, whatever it is for the ability to help protect his friends and loved ones from the darkness we can both feel.

A gift is a gift and it should be used. Tell him to weather this storm and remain true to his senses. I have a feeling it will change in the next ten days.

by Anonymousreply 106/25/2013

OP, I wish you'd stop talking to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2013

I once went to a psychic/astrologer/tarot card reader. I felt she was fairly gifted.

She told me before she started that she didn't tell people negative things about themselves because, in her experience, most people were constantly giving themselves negative messages, and any warnings she gave would be amplified beyond what would be beneficial.

I also went to another psychic, who told me horrible, nasty things. She was part of a complicated set of interrelationships, so it wasn't a complete surprise. The result of this experience was I lost all belief in psychics. I felt that my own intuition was superior to these random people.

This psychic told me that there was a circle of ancestors who were extremely disappointed in me and my ex-husband, that we had been chosen to carry out an important mission on earth, and that he was like a wounded crane who would never recover and should just kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2013

My best friend has some kind of psychic ability,she just knows things. A person can be talking to her just starting to think about working their way to asking her advice and she stops them and asks if the problem is whatever and she's always been right. It's also really hard to hide your feelings around her, and forget trying to surprise her. It's like she can pick the thoughts out of the air or something. I don't know if she can really read minds or it's just the energy of the situation or the person she picks up on.

Also you can almost never lie to her, she says she might not know the truth but she knows when she hears the lie. I've seen people tell her something and once they've gone she'll tell me they lied and it's hard to believe because I heard the same thing and it sounded true to me, or I had no reason not to think what was said was true, but always turns out that she's right.

Before 9/11 she was going a little bit nuts. Said she couldn't figure out what it was but there was something going on that felt wrong, she thought that it was something big but that it involved someone in her family or friend's, she'd never picked up on something big before. She also had some weird dreams that at the time didn't make sense to either one of us but afterwards freaked us both out.

Anyway for the last couple of weeks she's been edgy and jumpy, she's usually really calm. She's given up caffeine and is doing twice as much yoga but nothing helps. She can't figure out what's going on, just a really weird and off feeling. She says it's not like 9/11 and the most specific she can get is that it feels like she is the only sane person in giant room full of crazy people, or the only sober person when everyone is stoned out of their mind. She keeps saying it's probably nothing and is more likely something going on with her body, but that sounds to me like her just not wanting to freak me out. Maybe it really is nothing, or maybe just something within her family or our friends, but this thread made me think of her and how she's been the last couple weeks

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2013

No - they're picking up something. If you recall, Dec 2012 was the big "alignment" of the planets that everyone was talking about regarding the "Mayan Apocalypse".

They're probably just sensing that door opening and what it's opened to is not pretty.

And not many people can see it but some know it's there. It's a shift in consciousness or awareness. Like the dumb get dumber and the sensitive get more sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2013

R4, that's so strange. I dont't have any SPECIFIC psychic ability, but I do get strong intuitions. Just this morning I said to my partner that I felt like something was going to happen. I felt like I shouldn't be at work, specifically. So much so that I took the day off. I work in lower Manhattan at a high target building, so I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or if there actually IS some kind of threat. I've just had this gloom and doom feeling that I can't seem to shake.

by Anonymousreply 606/25/2013

Oh, great. I've been having this dark feeling, too.

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2013

I don't consider my thoughts psychic, just logical. I am saddened and disappointed by our government. I've lost faith in humanity, in general. Our society encourages egotism and greed. This is not the world or community I was raised in. Or maybe it is and I was just younger and more naive.

by Anonymousreply 806/25/2013

Everyone was born with different abilities and strengths. My life would have been much easier if I were a better judge of character and more intuitive. Hard to know if others are lying to me, especially in regards to my career. Of course some even lie to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 906/25/2013

Hoping psych101 is still lurking around here tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1006/25/2013

Is it the three prong attack I was told about two Christmases ago?

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2013

Some of the threads posted here at DL have been frightening the shit out of me.

What's gonna happen? Yellowstone erupting? Major earthquakes? Asteroid headed our way?

I did read somewhere that we may be getting solar flares (or whatever they're called) from the sun. It will knock out all technology.

That would cause major panic and civil unrest but it could be a blessing in disguise - people used to be able to function without technology once.

How will people fare now?

by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2013

Yikes, scary thread! :(

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2013

I'm not a psychic but more of a live wire who absorbs other people's and sometimes place's energy. I'm just easily affected by other's moods.

It is both helpful and a burden at times. Helpful when choosing people I want to surround myself with and painful when people I love or anyone is hurting or angry even if they are not showing it. When I was around 7-10 growing up there were a few years of major fighting and turmoil in our house. I was the one who did not engage and tried to make everyone stop. I just wanted peace. I still play that role as an adult. Trying to get people to forgive each other is HARD.

Lately I have been trying to wean myself off following politics I'm getting too angry myself and need to escape it. The US and much of the world has just seemed to shift in a way that seems to go against harmony in a way that will will take something big to turn the tide. There are many great forces of love, I think way more than the ignorant people who are creating the mess but for some reason the minority is overwhelming the balance.

I feel Obama is a good many who deeply cares but has been beaten down by this force. I see the woman in Texas and feel there will be many more of her because it will be needed.

The beginning of this feeling was of course 9//11, as soon as I heard I knew we were going to go to war with muslims not just a country or a terrorist group and it would cost us dearly on multiple levels. I remember not just feeling bad for those killed and Americans but all the peaceful Muslims who just want what we want on a basic level and were about to be made out as villains along side the terrorists. (Axis of Evil)

I have no idea what may be causing the feelings of the intuitives here but for myself I am seeking out happy places (may have to get off the internet). There may be a time to fight but I feel the need to go to a place where I can soak up happy vibes for a little refueling of the spirit. I'm on edged and need to get back to a more mellow and optimistic frame of mind. Don't know where I will go but I'm working on it. Maybe I'll start with a sappy movie.

by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2013

Also not a psychic, but I do a pretty good job of sensing when things are going to occur. For me, I've been feeling this way since about June 10th. On the 12th I stopped in my tracks and told my sister that something's not right. I don't know what it is, but there is a strong sense of something being off. Not very helpful to say when you have nothing specific to back it up, and normally I'd just let it go, but it's been too strong to just let it go.

All this time I feel like I'm just waiting for something major to happen, so I can get this feeling to stop. Sometimes, I get up in the middle of the night and check online, just looking to find the reason I feel like this. Has there been an 8+ quake somewhere, an assassination, a downed plane, a bomb? Anything that would make sense of these feelings, but still nothing.

Then I thought it had to do with Nelson Mandela being ill, but that's not it; it's something more. I have no clue, but I'm tired of being off kilter. Some days are better than others, but it's always there. Something's not right.

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2013

This thread is triggering overwhelming anxiety for me. I struggle with mental illness and I shouldn't have clicked on this one. :(

by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2013

I don't think the death of Nelson Mandela would be the cause of the "off" feeling, r15. The man is 94 and his death is not unexpected.

But yes something is not right... I just hope that it is only my overactive imagination.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2013

R17 I know it's not Mandela, but like I said, I'm just looking for something to pin this feeling on.

Like you said, maybe it's just my imagination too. I don't want to put any more bad thoughts out there, so I'll shut up about this. It's just that it's been bothering me so much that when this topic was posted, I felt relieved that I wasn't the only one feeling this way; so thank you OP.

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2013

My mother had strong ESP/senses and visions, especially when we were kids.

She prevented my sister from going somewhere where a friend died, and kept me home one night (which she rarely ever did). Later that night, my friend (who was driving) flipped his car and the passenger (which is where I would have been sitting) was killed.

I don't think it's stupid, or crap. I also don't believe in the Psychic Network kind of psychic crap, either. There's a great book called "The Psychic Pathway" by Sonia Choquette that talks a lot about this as just being very aware and tuned in - demystifying it and putting it more with, say, meditation as a mental/empathatic tool you can sharpen.

My mom hated having that ESP after a while. It was great if you had a good feeling, but if you could sense something bad it was overwhelming. She made an effort to block it or ignore it and after a while she stopped getting those ESP moments.

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2013

You know, it's weird but I have this strange feeling of the calm before the storm. My job is about to lay me off and I don't really feel any urgency to find another one (which is really abnormal for me).

It's like it doesn't matter at this point - I need to wait and watch and be ready. For what, I don't know.

It's hard to explain but it's not about me. There's something coming that's "fated".

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2013

r14 = Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm not even kidding.

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2013

R21 = You're not funny.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2013

It's very strange, earlier this year I felt like people shouldn't be on very public gatherings. It was a horrible feeling that wouldn't go away. After the Boston Marathon tragedy those feeling dissipated, and I always wonder why I never came here to warn some people. I do get this impression that some of our data loungers could have used that warning. I don't why. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Now, I feel the opposite, since Monday to be exact, like another poster said it's like the calm after the storm. I can't explain it, but if something happened, it already did. (in my humble opinion). Like the action was already taken, you can't stop it now because it's in motion or because it already happen.

I think the best thing you can do, especially when you get those ill feelings, is to ground yourself by meditating. Go outside and be with nature. I have to go to work, but know this, you can control how things affect you. If you surround yourself with light and those around you, you'll always be protected. Thank the universe for all the wonderful things you got. Be grateful to be alive and know that whatever has taken place you can ride it out.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2013

PS: Let's all hope The Supreme Court goes our way. Send all loving, positive, and optimistic thoughts into the universe.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2013

Hi Rosie R22 !

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2013

Hoo-poppa-tooney!

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2013

Do any of the people who were feeling off kilter still feel that way? I was feeling like that when this thread first came up but I put it down to nerves over the SCOTUS ruling that never seemed to come. Figured once it happened the feeling would change. It hasn't. I'm still feeling like something is wrong and now feeling like I'm one of those people who think the sky is falling.

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2013

I have been feeling off kilter - not panicky. Just that something is not right.

I don't think a disaster is coming as such - just that something big is coming...

"Something" is supposed to happen within ten days or so, whatever it is, so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 2806/27/2013

Remember the number 5

by Anonymousreply 2906/27/2013

They have arrived up through the Yucatan Penninsula and crossed the border that way. Three cities simultaneously, one is L.A., the second starts with "P"." the third I couldn't hear what was said to me because my fear blocked it. It's been in the works for years. The shock was planned to be in that these events are large and are planned to occur simultaneously to the hour. The last two times I had such specific info of disaster was the year before 9/11 and then three months before Katrina. The Katrina info sent me over the edge to see come true. I no longer do readings.

The difference from before to now is I never told anyone beforehand what I saw. This time I do because I was told before never to mention what I was shown... With no info ever given to stop such events. It nearly destroyed me. I do now because it conflicts what is expected and makes a change.

However, I don't share now the forbodding you all do. I think our govn't is aware and working on it.

by Anonymousreply 3006/27/2013

Is this a thread about the Psych pilot? It's a little late. They did just finish the 7th season...

by Anonymousreply 3106/27/2013

Wow R30 that is some serious shit. I hope you're right and the spooks have gotten ahead of this.

by Anonymousreply 3206/27/2013

YOU ARE ALL DARK SIDED!

by Anonymousreply 3306/27/2013

Philly, r30?

That would make sense. July 4th - Philly.

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2013

The future is a fabric of millions of interlacing possibilities, some of which will gradually become probabilities, a few of which become inevitabilities, but there a surprises sewn into the warp and woof, which can tear it apart.

When the threads of possibility come together a person can only speculate on the possibility of the future outcomes. As the threads of probability knit together tighter and tighter many people start to feel and see the probability of events yet to come. While we can feel, dream and see the things that are likely to happen we need to take comfort knowing that the free will of mankind dictates that nothing is ever 100% inevitable.

Our thinking and talking about these things may even have the power to change the outcome of future events (the observer effect).

We need to protect (and not give into doubt or cynicism) that part of us that is open to the possibilities in our word as I firmly believe that it exists to help us, and for us to help our fellow human beings, to survive and keep us safe.

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2013

R34, I don't know but thought they could've said Philidelphia at the time or Phoenix. But at the same time I got a rush of intense fear and blocked the "P" city after hearing "Ph" and the third one. It's was like getting a bucket of dumped on my head of knowing a lot of something in a one dump of knowing. They called it "three prong attack" and showed me a fork with three tines. What personally freaked me out at the time is I am wretched at geography and woke up wondering where the hell was the Yucatan Penninsula. I had to look it up and saw it actually was a viable place to come up into the US from.

The whole dream started with me as a very desolate, sad woman in some country in the Middle East where, in the midst of all the hot sand, there is a plant that grows beautiful intensely red flowers.

The Katrina one was really bad because they showed me a map of the US with New Orleans under water and people dying and suffering. I kept asking if my parents would be affected. And they laughed at my intense fear, like it was of no bother to them. What freaked me during that dream was the total indifference and absolutely no desire to help in the face of intense suffering.

by Anonymousreply 3606/27/2013

Opium poppies, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 3706/27/2013

Does anyone out there have anything to add? The Fourth is only hours away. I'm intrigued by R29 What significance does the number 5 have?

by Anonymousreply 3807/03/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 3907/04/2013

Puh, ladies -- now's the time to put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 4007/04/2013

"...that the free will of mankind dictates that nothing is ever 100% inevitable."

Why are human beings so unique in that regard? More religious anthropocentric claptrap...

by Anonymousreply 4107/04/2013

Maybe we have actually tipped the scales for global warming and there is no turning back. We can't save our planet and even though we won't live to see the end, with-in a hundred years, life will be over on our planet.

by Anonymousreply 4207/04/2013

I thought that my unease would leave during my recent vacation, but it followed me there, and back home again.

I feel like nothing changes, whatever that means.

by Anonymousreply 4307/04/2013

Today's the day!

by Anonymousreply 4407/05/2013

OK, OP. Let's review:

There is no God.

There is no afterlife.

There are no ghosts.

There is no such thing as psychic abilities.

Got it? Now go and live your life, the only life you're given. Live life to its fullest, for each day could be the last.

by Anonymousreply 4507/05/2013

So, are any of you, who posted earlier, still feeling bad vibes?

by Anonymousreply 4607/05/2013

I agree with R42 up to a point. Evolution always chooses those who have adapted to survive. Something will survive. Whether it's the human race or not, remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 4707/05/2013

I have also been feeling a sense of dread, or doom for a few weeks. Been to the doc' got a referal to a psychologist. Having a hard time reading about anything because everything seems doomed. TV has lost its entertainment value especially "comedy" which seems grim and desperate. Interesting to read here what others are feeling.

by Anonymousreply 4807/06/2013

I remember the summer before 9/11 I had this heavy foreboding mixed with anticipation. I likened it to being 9 months pregnant and just wanting it to be over with, but knowing everything would ultimately be ok.

Once 9/11 happened I felt such a weird elation that it was finally over and we could move on to the next phase, whatever that was going to be.

I've been feeling the same way since late last year. But for me, the feeling seems to involve the collapse/re-arrangement of the global financial system.

I feel like we'll survive that ok too, tho.

by Anonymousreply 4907/06/2013

It HAS been a dark time for many of my friends. One guy was diagnosed with neck cancer, another friend has been in and out of the hospital with a antibiotic-resistant superbug. It goes on and on. My father, a shrink, says there is a lot of sadness floating around, a lot of people dying right now. I agree. But I don't understand it.

It has always been interesting to me that no psychics predicted 9/11 or Katrina. At least in print.

by Anonymousreply 5007/06/2013

I know a psychic or intuitive--don't know which to call it.

I know it depends on the culture, and what the insightful one is named, and how the ego or life of the "instrument" is that day. Something is not visible, but most trade on falsehood or delusion. Met three I believe so far, one impossibly detailed, the others by their national cultural educated and trained in it (not local). But what is freaky with Peri is how complex and specific and DETAILED it is, with complete strangers even more so. That I just can't understand or see how it is possible.

by Anonymousreply 5107/06/2013

Katrina had been predicted so many times by so many people that I wonder at your sanity. There were hysterical shows on TV: New Orleans will drown!

by Anonymousreply 5207/06/2013

Did the plane crash in SF relieve any pressure on your cooker?

by Anonymousreply 5307/07/2013

There's a heap of shit happening the past few days that have released some pressure from my cooker, r53.

by Anonymousreply 5407/08/2013

Yep, I second that [R54].

by Anonymousreply 5507/08/2013

I'm R4 I had breakfast with my friend this morning and during our conversation I brought up how she'd been feeling edgy and jumpy for the past several weeks and I wanted to know how she was feeling now. I didn't say anything to her, but I asked because Psych 101 had stated in another thread on 6/24 or maybe it was 6/26 (I've lost all my DL bookmarks) that he/she felt something bad was going to happen in 10 days, and since 10 days had passed I was curious as to how she was feeling. She said that yesterday, Sunday, the 7th, she woke up feeling that something was really wrong and about to happen and as the day went on the feeling got stronger/worse and felt like something was about to happen any second. She said she it got so bad and the feelings were so intense that by around 1pm she couldn't take feeling like that anymore and got a Xanax from her girlfriend and laid down till she fell asleep. When she woke up the feeling that something was about to happen that minute had passed, but she is still having the very edgy and jumpy feeling.

by Anonymousreply 5607/08/2013

How do you tell if it's intuition or insanity? I'm skeptical by nature, but I often get these vibes about people and pick up on energy of people and places. I fight it because I don't understand it. Any advice, Psych 101 and others? I've fought the empath thing tooth and nail because it scares me. I'm afraid I'm delusional and don't realize it. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 5707/08/2013

Any referrals, recommendations?

Supporting anecdotes, experiences?

by Anonymousreply 5907/13/2013

Recently another oil leak started in the Gulf but no one is talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 6007/13/2013

I wonder if people's premonitions were about that train derailment in Canada. Fifty people dead, much of a downtown destroyed.

If that had happened here in the US, it'd be getting much more coverage.

by Anonymousreply 6107/13/2013

Psych 101 and others, I would really love your take on what I asked. Skeptic in me still struggles with this stuff. And yes, I tried antidepressants and such. Ever since I was 13. I'm now 36. They didn't take any of it away. I often wish they had.

by Anonymousreply 6207/13/2013

Psych 101, if you're here, I would appreciate any insight regarding my partner's health problems. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 6307/13/2013

I'm feeling a little easier but not like the "bad thing" is gone. More like it's been postponed.

Maybe whatever it is won't happen at all if it is far enough in the future. Still time for things to change.

by Anonymousreply 6407/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.