Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

God forgive me, I wish Madonna would let go. She has not been herself in years.

Thank you, Madonna, for your service to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8406/29/2013

YAWN, yet another Madonna-bashing thread.

by Anonymousreply 106/24/2013

She has tons and tons of money- more than she or her kids can ever spend. Isn't there something else she'd like to be doing with the second half of her life?

Okay, she still looks decent enough and she's still limber. But why does that mean showing your ass onstage? When does it end? 60? 70?

It would be a shame to watch her go out like some macabre joke.

by Anonymousreply 206/24/2013

First Mandela, and now Madonna? Give it a rest!

by Anonymousreply 306/24/2013

What's on her maxi pad?

by Anonymousreply 406/24/2013

R4 you bitch. I like Madonna, but you made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 506/24/2013

R4 She hasn't ovulated for YEARS,

by Anonymousreply 606/24/2013

I agree, op. She is too old for this nonsense. She looks ridiculous. How does she not know this? I guess Cher paraded herself around in next to nothing at her age, but for whatever reason, Cher didn't seem so desperate in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 706/24/2013

Cher has always seemed asexual to me. One time an interviewer asked her if she considered herself a sex symbol- if men thought she was sexy. And she said matter-of-factly, "Yeah". And I was taken aback because I just always saw her as the skinny, homely girl who got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 806/24/2013

It's tough when it's time to put down a beloved celebrity.

When Esther could no longer dog paddle, I knew it was time.

by Anonymousreply 906/24/2013

She keeps getting sadder and sadder - just a few days ago, she was "Booty Popping" in an Instagram video. NOBODY wants to see a 55 year old woman booty popping.

by Anonymousreply 1006/24/2013

More like booby pooping.

by Anonymousreply 1106/24/2013

She is a narcissist and will not go away until the last person standing turns her off. She needs the attention to keep her ego afloat.

by Anonymousreply 1206/24/2013

Remember in the 90's when it seemed like she was finally growing up and made some pretty adult contemporary songs like "I'll Remember", "Take a Bow", "Secret", and "You'll See"? That sure didn't last long.

Now she'd rather sing childish trash like "Girl Gone Wild" and "B-Day Song".

by Anonymousreply 1306/24/2013

She used to be beautiful. It's a fucking tragedy what she did to her face. Fucking cheek implants? And what the hell has she done to her ass? It looks like she got butt implants. It just made things worse because now her ass sags out of her underwear. Not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 1506/24/2013

The point is she's made herself look like some plastic freak. How does she not know how horrible she looks?

by Anonymousreply 1706/24/2013

She's now just a sad old lady in fingerless gloves.

by Anonymousreply 1806/24/2013

Because she has people around her who tell her that she's beautiful, R17. They tell her what she wants to hear and what she wants to believe.

by Anonymousreply 1906/24/2013

She wont stop until the income from it stops. I agree r13, she has the ability to pull together the right people to make good music, but that costs money and there's no money in it these days - well not in the way Madonna runs her business. This is why MDNA was the bare minimum of production and sounded like crap. It was the launch pad for the tour where the real money is - and a spin off for all the other stuff she's shilling like the clothes, perfume, etc. It's all about the dollars for her - she doesn't seem to have much else going for her.

by Anonymousreply 2006/24/2013

But that's just it r2 she will never stop, it's not her style.. a few of her recent tired songs were even about it, "no one's gonna stop me". She just won't fuck off and that's why people hate her.

People have been saying for years she should should retire/take a break. What you have to remember about her is she's a freak and workaholic/exercise addict. Work is all she wants to do.

Part of why her stock is down must be that people aren't getting a chance to miss her - you don't see any ABBA-style revivals with her. The more she hangs around plumping her face and putting out juvenile delusional music, the more she dilutes her legacy.

She once said that when she left the pop world she would continue to do something creative like work within the art world with her love of paintings. Or maybe we'll be lucky enough to see more of her directorial efforts.

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2013

Because nothing screams sexy like a 55 year old woman in bondage gear pretending to shoot people with a gun...

This woman just gets more and more sad and desperate as time goes on.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2013

She really debased herself for that guy Ritchie flour faced pootbutt. She was on him like a duck on water . Then. When she had her accident and he didn't take care of her, hooooo boy he finally got out. Shitty filmmaker don't like the lad a'tall.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2013

[quote]Over half of those in attendance were in their 20s and 30s and were very enthusiastic.

A small crowd of old gays like Madonna. We're surprised because?

Madonna is irrelevant in the music industry. She'll be having to sing "Like A Virgin" for the rest of her career if she wants to make money.

Had she known that this was going to be her future, she would have slit her throat back in 1998.

She's a person with severe emotional issues. This isn't going to end well. Mark my words.

Her kids are already rebelling, and writing crap like "Nigazzzz" on social media.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2013

Her son wrote NIGAZZZ? When?

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2013

According to the just released Forbes power list, Madonna ranked at #5 for the most powerful celebs of 2012

She came in at #1 on the earnings side, by making $125 million last year, more than any other celebrity including Oprah who only made $77 million last year

by Anonymousreply 2706/26/2013

R24 according to Forbes Madonna made more money last year than any celebrity and broke her previous record for highest annual earning by a female musicians

She had made $110 milliin on the 2009 list, this year she made $125 million

You were saying?

by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2013

R24 for the record Madonna barely performs Like a Virgin, she's only performed it on 3 tours during the last 20 years Madonna is NOTORIOUS for not playing her greatest hits in concert and sticking to her new stuff.

Yet she still has the top 2 highest grosding tours of all time by a female artist

And according to the just released Forbes power list made more money last year than any other musicians, hell she made more money than any other celebrity and became the first person to knoch Oprah off the highest earning celebrities list

I think her career is going just fine

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2013

R24 none of her children have written Niggaaz on social media, s stop spreading lies

Her daughter runs her own clothing line and can speak 3 different languages

She's always been a good parent

It's not like bankrupt crackhead Whitney and her drug addict daughter

I just did some research and did you know that in the last year Madonna made more money ($125 million) than Stevie Nicks Cyndi Lauper and Debbie Harry made IN THEIR WHOLE CAREERS COMBINED?

by Anonymousreply 3006/26/2013

Yeah, she's like a bleating ATM machine. Soulless, boring, and predictable.

by Anonymousreply 3106/26/2013

"Ray of Light" was her apex. Amazing stuff.

How, she's just kind of holding on.

by Anonymousreply 3206/26/2013

I wish somebody would've just kept pushing her over that borderline decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 3306/26/2013

"I get up again...over and over...."

by Anonymousreply 3406/26/2013

[quote]She came in at #1 on the earnings side, by making $125 million last year, more than any other celebrity including Oprah who only made $77 million last year

That makes her incredibly irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3506/26/2013

Except that "relevant" is the wrong adjective to use for a touring nostalgia act, they've always done well on the concert circuit. The Eagles' tours were huge money-makers many years after they'd had their last hit. They weren't relevant, they just had a lot of middle-age fans who never updated their taste.

by Anonymousreply 3606/26/2013

R32 yeah Ray of Light was her best album, now she's a touring artist like the Rolling Stones and Springsteen. There's nothing wrong with that as she's making more money now than any other time in her career and her back catalogue is amazing

Her last HUGELY successful album commercially and critically was Confessions on a Dancefloor which came out du's ing Christmas 2005, it won her another Grammy and sold a whopping 12 million copies and gave her the biggest worldwide hit with Hung Up, which spent 15 consecutive weeks at #1 on the United World Singles Charts before Madonna's follow up single Sorry replaced it at #1 in 2006.

Who else but Madonna can dominate the charts like that at age 47?

Her last 2 albums have had decent salea and according to MetaCritic received generally poistive reviews from top critics, but they haven't had the impact of Confessions

Although with 4 million copies sold Hard Candy was the 9th biggest selling album worldwide in 2008

While with almost 2 million copies sold MDNA was the 12th biggest selling album worldwide of 2012.

Just last month Madonna won 2 Billboard awards for Best Selling Dance Artist and Best Selling Dance Album of the year for MDNA, that's hardly irrelevant. Most artists her age would kill for that success

I'm not even gonna mention her record breaking tour grosses which since 2001 have topped off at 1.1 BILLION, making her the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time ans with combined sales of over 320 records sold she's the Guinness Book of Records winner for World's Biggest Selling Female Artist of All Time.

Yeah poor Madonna!

I love DataLounge delusions!

by Anonymousreply 3706/26/2013

R36 yeah but Madonna still has the occasional hit on the Billboard Hot 100

Just last year Give Me All Your Love went to #10 and #1 on the dance charts, went GOLD in the US and sold almost 2 million copies worldwide, the song also extended her record as the artist with the most top 10 songs (38) in Billboard HISTORY, Madonna also became the first and only artist to have a top 10 hit in the last 4 decades and she became the first artist in their 50s to score a top 10 hit this MILLENNIUM.

While 4 Minutes in 2008 became one of the biggest hits of her career selling 6 million copies and going to #1 on over 30 countries

Hate all you want but her longevity has always been staggering

Especially when you consider her 80s contemporaries have all faded out long ago

Cyndi never made it out of the 80s and had her last top 10 hit and decent selling album in 1989

by Anonymousreply 3806/26/2013

Prince faded out in the early 90s, though he did have some successful tours in the 2000s, not Madonna level but successful nonetheless

Michael Jackson faded out after the release of History and his last big hit You Are Not Alone in 1995

Poor Whitney spiraled into addictiin and had her last big albums and singles success with My Love Is Your Love in 1999

And Janet's Superbowl mishap killed her career in 2004, Janet even tried to do an arena tour but due to flop ticket sales had to do smaller venues on her last tour like theatres and halls.

And what's with this DL delusion that all Madonna fans are old? IM in my late 20s and at her concert last year, there WERE TONS OF PEOPLE YOUNGER THAN ME THERE.

Oddly enough I didn't see a single senior citizen in the audience

by Anonymousreply 3906/26/2013

I agree with R13, Adult Pop is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 4006/26/2013

Troll-dar r27. and let the lulz fly!

by Anonymousreply 4106/26/2013

Doesn't matter what she sings, there are always far better singers to choose from. Those "mature" songs suck as much as the rest of her catalog, as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 4206/26/2013

Mo, take the path Linda Ronstadt did and retire.

by Anonymousreply 4306/26/2013

[quote]Just last year Give Me All Your Love went to #10

Thanks to the Superbowl and wall to wall Clear Channel promo play. More telling is how it bombed in her top market the UK, all of the singles, which is unprecedented for her. You neglected to mention how quickly it fell from the charts.

[quote]#1 on the dance charts

Oh lol, you're not serious with that one, now you're just getting desperate. Melanie C and Emma Bunton had a #1 on that important chart.

[quote]While 4 Minutes in 2008 became one of the biggest hits of her career selling 6 million copies and going to #1 on over 30 countries

The Justin Timberlake and Timbaland featuring Madonna song, you mean? Nicely taken out of context again, you can almost smell the desperation for a hit.

And since retarded black and white stats mean so much to you, Janet Jackson's last album was #1, I suppose that means she's the height of relevance as well.

by Anonymousreply 4406/26/2013

R43 with all due respect Ronstadt has only had about 1/10 the success of Madonna, besides Madonna's only 54 and retirement age is 65

I do feel that when her Live Nation contract expires in 2017, after releasing 2 more albums and tours, she'll stop making new albums and will probably continue to perform by signing a staggering Las Vegas residency contract

If Madonna does do Vegas I think she'll bite the bullet and actually perform more of her greatest hits

I also think when her LN contract is up that Madonna will work with Warner Brothers to remaster and rerelease her albums with unheard songs that were recorded during those album sessions

For years Madonna had forbidden Warner to rerelease her back catalogue reportedly has more than 500 never before released songs in the Warner vaults, as Madonna writes the majority of her songs they're already catalogued at ASCAP

The reasons that Madonna had always refused to rerelease special editions of her albums (even having it in her last contract with Warners) is because Madonna obviously doesn't need the money and she hates looking back at her career and always looks forward

That's also why Madonna turns down special awards at awards shows for Lifetime Acheivement

She even wanted to turn down her Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, because Madonna felt she accept it AFTER she retired she eventually accepted the award but refused to perform which is custom

Madonna also refuses to do imterviews or commentaries on the DVD/Blue Ray releases of her films I know she's done a lot of shit movies l but her successful films like Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, A League of Their Own and Evita I'm talking about.

Madonna hates looking back and always wants to be seen as relevant and in the game

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2013

As with all advanced dementia patients, she let go years ago and just doesn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 4606/26/2013

R44 Janet is a flop as a touring artist, her last top 10 hit was in 2001! And Discipline only went to #1 in like 2 countries as opposed to MDNA which went to #1 in over 40!

I didn't say that Madonna is at the height of her career I said she's still going strong, outselling in tours and CD sales, every other over 50 artist out there and making more money last year $125 million than any other year in her career and more money than any other celebrity!

These are facts, I know the DL prefers delusions over facts

by Anonymousreply 4706/26/2013

Whatever, it's not like she's going to stop. She will say " Well, why can't someone almost 60 years old be sexy and cool?" You might not like it but she she will be flashing that old cooze until it shrivels up and turns to dust.

by Anonymousreply 4806/26/2013

Nobody's arguing she's the top touring artist r47 but on record she's pretty much on life support.

Janet is done but spin it however you like (global superstar has #1 debut in multiple countries shocker) MDNA was not a stellar commercial or artistic triumph. In the UK it is her lowest selling studio album ever, selling less than American Tripe.

MDNA and Lard Candy are considered embarrassments and granny gets down with the kids, they are not thought of as good albums, even by fans.

r40 I think she'll have to, people gonna laugh at her as a 55 year old. She won't get rid of ageism, it's the cycle of life.

Her voice is non existent at this point and much worse, so ballads are out. It's easy to fake it behind the bells and whistles dance beats. It was painful listening to her autotuned croak on that awful Masterpiece garbage.

by Anonymousreply 4906/26/2013

R44 yet Billboard named Madonna as the Top Selling Singles Sales artist of the 2000's

In the US she sold more singles than any artist in the 2000's unheard of success for an artist who started in the early 80s

Madonna did only have one #1 single of the main Hot 100 and that's because Billboard counts airplay for points on that chart, and despite 9#1 singles on the SALES charts that decade radio in the US wouldn't play her due to ageism.

She did score some hits at US radio as 4 Minutes went to #5 on the airplay charts and as for collaborating with Timbaland and Timberlake, 75% of the top songs on Billboard are collabos, Madonna's just doing what everyone else in music does nowadays

Was it DESPERATE when Santana made his big comeback in 1999 and 2 of his big hits were collabos?

Is it DESPERATE that one of Cher's new singles will be a duet with Gaga?

Is it DESPERATE that both Katy Perry and Rihanna have botg begges Madonna to duet with them, Rihanna did it on Andy Cohen's show on Bravo last year

by Anonymousreply 5006/26/2013

R45, she sounds so humble!

by Anonymousreply 5106/26/2013

r24 is the sad one.

You really believe that humility-crap, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 5206/26/2013

I look at her single catalogue in awe. You have to admit its pretty impressive. Considering her limits vocally. And the whole point at least from my perspective as a gay man, was to forge ahead anyway, work with what you have, keep going and make something out of your life. And have some fun along the way...

by Anonymousreply 5306/26/2013

R49 when I saw her in concert last year her voice was EXCELLENT during the ballads where she just stood on the stage and sang without anything going on behind her.

Her voice during her reimagining of Like a Virgin as an Opera/ ballad was mesmerizing as was the heartache in her vocals like she was about to cry, it sounded nothing like the 1984 version.

A moving piece of performance art

HC and MDNA aren't her best albums by any means but their still better than 90% of current pop and even mainstream critics like People magazine named HC as one of the 10 best albums of 2008, while Spin named MDNA as one of the best albums of 2012.

I do think that Madonna has another GREAT album in her, the problem is since she's so successful and making money as a touring act, she has basically stopped promoting her albums. Yes she song GMAYL at the Superbowl, but that was her only TV performance for that album, and it was more to promote her upcoming tour than album

If Madonna releasrd her nect album during the holidays, released a killer first single (like Hung Up( and promoted the shit out of it which Madonna has nevet done for any of her albums, than the sky's the limit

But I don't think she cares about selling albums anymore, she is after all The Biggest Selling Female Artist of All Time.

Madonna realizes that nobody buts CD's anymore and being a massive touring act, what's the point of promoting your music?

It wouldn't surprise me if Madonna released her next CD for free digitally to serve as promotion for her next, soon to be record breaking, world tour

by Anonymousreply 5406/26/2013

R53 that's how I feel too! Especially when you realize that Madonna herself has always been upfront with her vocal limitations.

She's inspiring because she keeps on doing what she loves, despite not having the best voice in the world

She shows people that if she can achieve so much in life that anybody can do it if you work hard enough for it.

It's a beautiful message

I don't get all the Madonna hate on the DL, I know she's not perfect but sometimes I feel that the posters on DL are talking about a completely different Madonna than the one I know and love

by Anonymousreply 5506/26/2013

[quote] The reasons that Madonna had always refused to rerelease special editions of her albums (even having it in her last contract with Warners) is because Madonna obviously doesn't need the money and she hates looking back at her career and always looks forward.

She doesn't need to "look back", just give the go ahead to have special editions released. For the FANS, not her. But she couldn't care less about her fans, the poor baby doesn't want to look back, so no special editions. Meanwhile the hypocrite looks back and listens to whatever old music she likes.

Donna Summer was like that too, and it drove me up the wall, so inconsiderate of the fans. None of her 80s albums have been remastered, and the 70s albums were remastered only in Japan last year.

by Anonymousreply 5606/26/2013

R56 Madonna will probably be heavily involved in releasing Special Editions of her old albums, after she stops making new music.

It makes sense

Madonna is also planning to do a traveling exhibition of her looks, and styles over the years with rare, never before seen video footage like the Jackie O and Princess Di traveling exhibits

Again this wont happen until after she's retired

by Anonymousreply 5706/26/2013

Madonna won't ever officially retire. It isn't in her to do that. She'll go until she'll break a hip and then go into reclusion a'la Dietrich to carry on the mystique of the legend.

by Anonymousreply 5806/26/2013

Why doesn't Vadge take a few years off and focus on her 4 kids instead? Is she THAT addicted to the spotlight?

by Anonymousreply 5906/26/2013

Her debut single from her last album got to #10 because Live Nation bought the airplay, and gave the song away free with pre-orders. The industry has to keep changing rules because of rule-breakers like Madonna, in fact, her album didn't deserve to be #1. Lionel Ritchie did.

Her getting #1 albums with this horrible material is actually bad for her as it reinforces to her to keep producing the same shit over and over again because it gets her the top spot she wants.

"MDNA" had the biggest second week sales drop in history. This is what happens when you cheat.

She gave her album away with tour tickets and perfume bottles.

Her job is to tour. Her albums are merely promotion. On of the Live Nation execs said exactly that in 2011.

Tours give her public adoration night after night. She's buying a crowd to cheer her for two hours night after night, just as she buys her boyfriends. She's created a bubble for herself. Even her Kabbalah Center owners form their religion around her needs. She is your text book narcassit.

I'll never forget her brother bringing up that incident in "Truth or Dare" where she's rolling around on her mother's grave. He said that she took him to the site and didn't tell him cameras would be there. He said she started rolling around on the grave in a cemetery they hardly ever visited as children (she stated differently) and when they said 'cut,' she told him it was his turn to do the same for the documentary. He told her to go fuck herself and walked off. He said that it was at that moment he saw her for what she was, that she would even use their dead mother for publicity.

She really has serious issues, and now she's hacking away at her face. She's almost in Michael Jackson territory with her life, sans the molestation, although her boyfriends keep getting younger and younger. She's really a sad sight these days. There had to be another way for her to continue her career without doing what she's doing now.

I still don't understand how she didn't have a pre-nup. That's just insane. She's not as business savvy as people wanted to believe.

by Anonymousreply 6006/26/2013

[quote]What's on her maxi pad?

Regret and FDS.

by Anonymousreply 6106/26/2013

R60 Everything you say is absolutely correct. She's falling into MJ territory, where she's created her own little world filled with yes-men who only tell her what she wants to hear instead of the truth. She's become really deluded. She even said in her recent interview with GMA that she would consider getting married a third time! How fucking stupid can someone get? It was bad enough to be stupid enough to marry someone without a prenup (a $75 - $100 million mistake), but then to be delusional enough to think that some guy in his mid-20's isn't with you because he loves you and not your fame and money? She's completely out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 6206/26/2013

[quote]Was it DESPERATE when Santana made his big comeback in 1999 and 2 of his big hits were collabos?

That's a completely different thing though and bad comparison. Sultana was not a chart act or even a singer really so Clive Davis arranged for the legendary guitarist to get some hits by hooking him up with contemporary artists.

You are right that nowadays most music is with "you scratch my back" features and has been since the early 00s with all the hip hop stuff which crossed over by sweetening it with collabs. One of the good things about Madonna is she never partook in the duet thing before, she is not Mariah Carey.

Rihanna is really Madonna's successor as Queen of Pop, but Madonna shouldn't go down that road else risk looking desperate. Same as Katy Perry (very similar to Madonna - tits, average face, sounds horrible live). She already did a Katy-esque song, that should be enough. The time she did the Britney kiss was the beginning of the end, her desperation became really apparent.

by Anonymousreply 6306/27/2013

[quote]like the Jackie O and Princess Di traveling exhibits

is ridiculous.

Look, Insane Madge Troll, pretending that a vulgar pop music slut is the equal of Jackie O. and Princess Di - in *any* way - just proves how totally and completely you have lost your fucking mind.

Your Madge worship is delusional. Your endless obsessed-fan-trivia posts are insane. You must talk to someone about this. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 6406/27/2013

with combined sales of over 320 records sold she's the Guinness Book of Records winner for World's Biggest Selling Female Artist of All Time.

r37, jigga what bitch?

by Anonymousreply 6506/27/2013

Madonna is an old crusty cunt who was never that talented to begin with, and she really needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 6606/27/2013

You faggots are crazy! She is beautiful, talented. The one who is ridiculous is Elton John. He can't even get a tour going.

by Anonymousreply 6706/27/2013

Madonna MUST be relevant, talented, beautiful and monied. Why ELSE would these haters keep coming up with threads against her? Over and over and over again----and they call everyone ELSE delusional.

With every post they make, they merely reinforce the accolades given Madonna, including Queen of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 6806/27/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6906/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7006/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7106/27/2013

Oh I don't know, she did a duet with Britney a few years back, and Britney can't sing worth a shit either.

by Anonymousreply 7206/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7306/27/2013

[quote]Because she dares not to, because she can't fucking sing! Everyone would have sounded better than her. If she did a duet with Jennifer Lopez...

Well yes there's that. And people from George Michael to Mary J. Blige wanted to work with her, so it goes way beyond Britney.

I don't think the Madonna fans need be so apologetic about her voice and keep pre-empting "even though she doesn't have the best voice..". It's kind of irrelevant and never was the point.

Having a good voice has nothing to do with making great records, Madonna is the ultimate proof of this. Controversial videos aside, the bulk of her old stuff were great pop singles that the radio also loved, so stood on their own.

Dylan/The Beatles/Mick Jagger etc don't get the flack she gets cause girls in music are decorative and must sing like an angel, not like men in rock who can get away with sounding like shit.

Why point out the obvious? Her voice may be in the below average category but was enough to sustain a career and was fine for what she did: dance pop. No need for Aretha vocals in that.

Madonna was the first star of her type in the video age and stuck out in the 80s cause most others around were strong singers. The people who followed Madonna though (in the autotune era especially) were actually worse like you say.

Nonetheless I also like good voices as well and have my limits. No way am I listening to no JLo. Has JLo ever done any ballads? I don't think I could take it.

Madonna's main problem as a singer is pitch: even her fans admit she can't sing live and has only ever done a handful of good performances. She cares more about the visuals. The fact she can't sing well live means she gets the rep for not being able to sing. Difficult to argue with.

by Anonymousreply 7406/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7506/27/2013

Gaga's attention whoring ways annoy the shit out of me, but she is more talented than Madonna ever was. She has a beautiful voice, and I love her on the piano.

by Anonymousreply 7606/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7706/27/2013

[quote]What's on her maxi pad?[/quote]

This use to be my playground

by Anonymousreply 7806/28/2013

Apparently 2.2 million people who went to see Madonna in sold out concerts disagree with R72's gay assessment of the situation. (R72, maybe it is time to throttle back on using over-the-top words like "desperate", you only weaken your thread-bare argument.

I saw Madonna's MDNA concert on Cable TV today, and there is nothing around to compare to her, nothing at all. Brittney, GaGa, they both got fat. Brittney in her TV "Femme Fatale" movie dances as if her last Ambien hasn't worn off. GaGa can't sell out auditoriums anymore, as witnessed by her south American and north American tour this year. And Janice Jackson---who the fuck even remembers what she looks like?

Madonna is a terrific showman. Lithe, muscular, graceful, daring, sexy, blasphemous, loving, sexy, sexy, sexy and enough gold records to challenge any assertion she cannot sing. The world has been good to Madonna, and she has been good to the world.

Fuck off, bitches. Go back to painting ties for sale in your mother's basement and turn off your 2nd hand Acer laptop because no one wants to hear from you anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7906/28/2013

So because she has gold records that proves she can sing?

Milli Vanilli had gold records too and we all know they weren't singing on them!

All gold records prove is that a lot of people were tricked into buying her crap. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 8006/29/2013

I hear she is working on some new music!!! Let's pray she gets a mid-charter this time around!!!

by Anonymousreply 8106/29/2013

[quote]I hear she is working on some new music!!!

Unless she's begged Stephen Bray and/or Patrick Leonard to work with her again, she shouldn't waste her time.

by Anonymousreply 8206/29/2013

R82 Two old farts that were irrelevant 20 years ago, nice job! I'll pass on those queeny, the next thing you know she'll be calling up Jelly Bean Benitez.

by Anonymousreply 8306/29/2013

All I need to do is bury her voice in background vocals!

by Anonymousreply 8406/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!