Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Serious Drug Testing At Wimbledon?

There must be some serious dope testing happening at Wimbledon. Two of the biggest cheaters in tennis history, Miss Rafael Nadal-Armstrong and Mr. Sara Errani-Armstrong were both tanked easily in the 1R.

This can't be a coincidence!

by I Told You So!reply 1609/04/2013

Doping in tennis is one the big, still-to-be uncovered scandals in professional sports.

by I Told You So!reply 106/24/2013

So if the truth about Rafa is revealed, can those who lodt major titles to him sue either him or the ATP?

by I Told You So!reply 206/24/2013

R1 and R2, very valid points.

by I Told You So!reply 306/24/2013

I agree.

by I Told You So!reply 406/24/2013

Why the mainstream media doesn't pick up on this, I'll never know.

by I Told You So!reply 506/24/2013

[quote]Why the mainstream media doesn't pick up on this, I'll never know.

Because the only thing more boring than tennis is pondering whether tennis players use drugs.

Actually, golf is more boring. Maybe you could start a thread called "Do golfers use steroids?"

by I Told You So!reply 606/24/2013

R6. Right about that: #1 bore is tennis and #2 is golf, which at least has pretty and changing scenery, unlike Tennis which is such a snooze.

by I Told You So!reply 706/24/2013

Media just wants to protect their cashcows. If they start outing players, it'll be a gigantic mess and they'll ostracise players and people who will work with them now.

As far as I remember, it was mostly only independents who would only persist with the Lance Armstrong story. The proper journalists didn't care or were to afraid to touch it.

It's not real journalism. It's puff pieces based around celebrity and giving the public what they want. Most people are very offended at the idea that tennis players would dope.

by I Told You So!reply 906/25/2013

I'm just saying.

by I Told You So!reply 1006/25/2013

A few years ago, AOL had very active Tennis message boards - and there was a moderator there, GrandstandScooby, who was quite a controversial figure. He was also the most knowledgeable tennis expert around. His forum, was read, and challenged, by the likes of Martina Navratilova, John McEnroe, Bud Collins - and Steffi Graff's mom!

This was one of his pet topics - and boy did he get people riled up over it (that and his intense dislike for Pete Sampras).

Ahead of his time, I'd say! professional tennis STILL has its head in the sand when it comes to doping.

by I Told You So!reply 1106/25/2013

Everybody on AOL knew that GrandstandScooby was a kaftan-wearing, cane-carrying insatiable bottom. True story.

by I Told You So!reply 1206/26/2013

But what points did the moderator make? What evidence did he have? I follow sports where cheats (mostly) get caught, and it amazes me how slack other professional sorts are re testing.

by I Told You So!reply 1306/26/2013

[quote] his intense dislike for Pete Sampras

Love that. Wonder if SamprASS is still the smug little prick he always was. And what a huge drama queen he was too.

by I Told You So!reply 1406/26/2013

Nice try, but Rafa is injured. Also, he's not doping.

by I Told You So!reply 1506/26/2013

Rafa's injury is BS big time. It only happens at convenient times and it allows him to use procedures and chemical intervention that would otherwise not be allowed. His blood doping is an open secret and he's a total fraud.

by I Told You So!reply 1609/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.