Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Question for Straight Women About Your Man.

I see by the poll there's a lot of you here and I was wondering something. It's not about me. I'm gay. It's about my brother who is straight. He laughs about it, but he says that every woman he's been with has given him the "Do You Have Any Gay Tendencies?" quiz. My brother is a goodlooking, masculine guy and has apparently convinced his wife he's straight ... after 15 years.

Sample questions. "Would you do it with Brad Pitt?" "You mean you NEVER had sex with another guy, EVER?" "You just looked at that guy's ass."

Do you grill your guy on the gay thing? And have your suspicions ever been confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 12106/24/2013

LOL R1. No. I'm really interested.

by Anonymousreply 206/23/2013

Mine told me the Kurt Cobain thing once, "I'd love you no matter what sex you were".

by Anonymousreply 306/23/2013

No and no, OP.

by Anonymousreply 506/23/2013

There are no straight men here, R6. Whose cock are you really sucking?

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2013

No, I don't. Though I know that no one's sexuality is completely black and white, most straight men would never man up and admit he finds another man attractive. We women are much more comfortable with such things.

So, no, I don't ask my men things like that, but if one of them were to say "I find so and so attractive" I wouldn't care.

by Anonymousreply 806/23/2013

There are too straight men here! Not many though.

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2013

I don't know about other women OP but I don't really care. I'm dating a guy right now and he, of course, asked me the obligatory "ever done it with another chick?" question. I told him that, no, I had not because I'm straight. I then asked him the same to which he quite honestly replied that, no, but he'd had the opportunity. He also said he's pretty certain that another guy would give a great blow job.

He certainly doesn't seem homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2013

EVERYBODY is a little bit bisexual. We just sway one way or another more than another, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1106/23/2013

Maybe it's because they know I'm gay, and I'm his brother and maybe they think it runs in families. But he actually has a sense of humor about it. Families are so different now. All the kids know they have gay uncles and aunts because everyone's out. It's a cool vibe.

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2013

At her insistence, I recently met the wife of a man I'm infatuated with. Since then, I think she's laid down the law to my friend about having anything to do with me.

by Anonymousreply 1406/23/2013

I don't think straight women are as freaked out about their boyfriends/husbands having sex with another guy as long as they don't kiss.

It is the Emo stuff which really freaks out the straight women.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

It sort of reeks of frau homophobia

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

I've only ever heard of women getting this quiz from straight men. I think the guys like to work out in their heads the possibility of a future threesome.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

Missy will never admit it.

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2013

R19, what are you doing on a gay board if you are so 100% heterosexual?

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

R19 is displaying the wishful thinking here... aka DENIAL.

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

In my lifetime I have either been married, in a long term relationship or serial dated men whose sexuality varied from one end of the gayness-hating spectrum to the other. There were men who didith protest too loudly which always was a yellow light for me. Whoopsie! Someone got a passive blowjob in the Bronco's locker room in the 90's! Then the other extreme was guys who were totally cool about gay men in their private, business and recreational lives. So from this straight woman, I never ever questioned my men nor put them to the test. If they stated that a certain athlete(Tom Brady) was very attractive, I did not reach for the "How to Tell if Your Man has Latency Issues" book. When I was with a bi-sexual man, I realized it immediately. He was as eager and able to perform his thing in bed as any other man, but I could JUST TELL he was "different".

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

R25, was it just your sixth sense or was there something in particular that you could pinpoint? And what would you think of your man if he spoke of the chemistry he shared with another man, a man who he'd go out with on self-proclaimed "man dates," and whom he would repeatedly mention his great looks?

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

R15, I'm not worried about emo stuff at all. Kiss all you want. But then, I'm secure in our emotional connection. What I AM worried about is promiscuity and diseases. If my partner needed another penis, I'd allow it so long as he told me, used a condom, and didn't rim (giardia no thanks!). I haven't given him any "tests", but I have asked about attraction, and wondered why he couldn't notice how attractive guys can be. Only rarely can he notice that a man is good looking.

R24, you're so wrong. Your behavior works when you don't have the guts to create a mature relationship (IOW, you live in fear of being close). If you want meaning and deep satisfaction, ignoring and being closed down leads to unhappy relationships.

My partner IS sensitive. He pays me a lot of attention and shares himself. Guess what? It makes me feel closer to him. It makes me jump him frequently. It allows me way better orgasms. BeCAUSE he opens to me emotionally, I'm impelled to give him head regularly. I deeply desire his cock in my mouth. With other guys, I couldn't bring myself to give head much. Maybe only for 60 seconds because it felt like a chore, and I also didn't feel loved enough beforehand to create the desire to slobber on a knob. With this guy, I just want to lick and suck and slide and taste. He says not only am I the best fuck, I'm also the best head he's ever had (in fairness, he's never been sucked off by a guy). So think again, R24. I think my bf has the better result with sensitivity and closeness.

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

R26, I'm not R25, but I'd get serious red flags in your scenario. Unless he was completely open with me about it, and I felt secure as his primary relationship (I am too demanding to play second fiddle). I'm unusual compared to most women who would not at all be okay with their man having male flings or male attractions.

The red flag for me would be that I might get cheated on, or he might be gay and using me to work that out. I'd be a great person to help a guy work that out, but I'd like to know what I was doing and not believing I was creating a life with a guy who'd eventually leave me suddenly to pursue his truth.

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

[quote] was it just your sixth sense or was there something in particular that you could pinpoint?

could it have been the big black dildo he always stuck in his ass before fucking her?

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

10% of the male population is 100% straight and 10% is gay. 80% falls somewhere in between.

I went on a straight social network app on the woman's side but clearly visible as a male offering blowjobs. I didn't contact anyone but just let everyone who wanted to, come to my profile. I am still amazed how many guys looking for woman contacted me either just to chat or share their experiences with guys or were actually looking to hook up. I sucked two of them off. Was not.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

yes and YES.

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

What site/app was that R30?

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

R26 Sweet Jeezus I have never talked to anyone IRL about this, and now I'm on a message board about to spill my guts to a complete stranger. When I was "performing oral sex" on him, he suddenly bellowed, "Watch your teeth!" Make fun of me all you like, but in my 15 years of oral sex experience, I had never had a single man previously complain or even critique my style of fellatio. Straight men are so fucking happy to be getting it, they would bite their OWN tongue before risking offending the "blower" (who was not using her teeth in any way)and thus ending the session. Seriously, maybe it was a different time, maybe it was because I was so hot that all men I chose to share my bed with were downright joyous...I don't know. But I jumped up and threw my robe on and declared the night OVAH and sent him on his way. Had I been a little older and less sensitive, I am sure I would have handled it differently.

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

Thanks for your candor, R25/33. In drawing this out of you, you make me feel like the Oprah of DL!

by Anonymousreply 3406/23/2013

Friends recoil from double-dating R24, who targets women who hate themselves. Word has gotten around that this arrogant, closed-off man and his succession of miserable bitch-faced companions do not make for a fun nights.

by Anonymousreply 3606/23/2013

My long-term man once told me how uncomfortable he was when men complimented him. He told me that he now understood how I felt when undesirable guys tried to pick me up. He is extremely good looking, like a better version of Rhett Butler. His whole life everyone has assumed that he was a pro model. He'd had enough of the business when his Mom tried to push him to be a child model and actor.

He also likes girls' firm, rounded behinds. The idea of gay sex to him is comparable to trying to understand a trans. "So they just like want to get it all cut off?"

by Anonymousreply 3706/23/2013

If he likes ass, R37, then he should understand gay men better than a straight man who only loves pussy and breasts.

by Anonymousreply 3806/23/2013

R38, Just because he likes rounded, firm female asses in tight, micro-miniskirts doesn't mean that he doesn't love tight pussies and breasts. Besides men's asses are very different; they look funny in short skirts too.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2013

Yes, but of the three things to like - pussy, breasts, and ass - the last one is the closest to the male equivalent. He should understand gay desires better than someone who focuses more exclusively on the other two.

by Anonymousreply 4006/23/2013

I have never asked these kinds of questions to a boyfriend and have never suspected any of them of being bi or gay.. if a gal is asking, she is sure he is bi(and/or gay) and is looking for confirmation..

by Anonymousreply 4106/23/2013

I had a hot poet friend. Nice guy. Straight. Lived with a stripper and was seeing another stripper on the side. We worked together. I'd invite him on camping trips, stuff like that and he'd be like "Is it gonna be all guys," and I'd say, "mostly," and he'd say "no thanks."

One day we were sitting at a café in North Beach and he came on to me. I was so confused I didn't know what to say, but I know what I wanted to say.

"Nikki and I went over our coke connection's house and had a three-way." I said, "Oh yeah? How'd that work out?" He said, "It was cool. He fucked me while I ate her out." He said it real casual like that. I asked him how he liked being fucked. "It was okay," he said.

I should've jumped him but we were friends. I don't know if he knows how much he surprised me/turned me on that day.

by Anonymousreply 4206/23/2013

Most people are straight that's just the way it is

What bugs me is that if a man confessed to his girl that he has same sex feelings or even fooled around with a guy, the woman usually freaks and it's "game over."

If a woman confesses to her man lesbian feelings or experimentation it's looked at as hot and trendy and the guy thinks he hit the jackpot.

This is one of the main reasons that gay/bi men will continue to remain in the closet and WON'T EVER BE AS ACCEPTED AS LESBIANS/BI FEMALES, LET ALONE STRAIGHT PEOPLE

Straight people are the majority and the majority is much more comfortable with lesbian /bi women and society even ENCOURAGES female experimentation. When it comes to 2 men, EVERYBODY freaks out

by Anonymousreply 4306/23/2013

[quote]Mine told me the Kurt Cobain thing once, "I'd love you no matter what sex you were".

That's cool. Kurt knew how to say it. Before that pig Courtney came along he was happily together with a guy named Marty. She said, "I can take you to the big tent."

by Anonymousreply 4406/23/2013

R38, Pardon me but some straight men like very soft skin, sweet smells, feet, legs, hair, eyes, etc, etc, etc. I also said that tight pussies and breasts are also very important to him.

Still the idea of being a model, which he still could easily be (6'1 165, long legs, classic looks without any plastic surgery) makes him feel very uncomfortable, so I can't see how he could accept being admired by another male naked.

by Anonymousreply 4506/23/2013

[quote]This is one of the main reasons that gay/bi men will continue to remain in the closet and WON'T EVER BE AS ACCEPTED AS LESBIANS/BI FEMALES, LET ALONE STRAIGHT PEOPLE

Ah yes, of course. It's all straight women's fault. You're insane.

by Anonymousreply 4606/23/2013

R42, I would have chocked on my coffee if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 4706/23/2013

R46 I didn't say it was all straight women's fault, I said the double standards make it much harder for men to be open with their homo or bisexuality.

Last year, I became really good friends with this straight guy I worked with and after we hung out a few times, I told him that I was gay, he was surprised and I told him that I'm out at work and I just assumed that he knew

We hung out a few more times and then he pulled me aside and told me that his fiance is uncomfortable with him hanging out with me and us getting drunk together

This is surprising since this dude is 100% straight and I would never make a move on him, what's fucked up is that he told me that when he first started dating his fiance they had a threesome with another woman.

Once again lesbian/bi girls= hot and trendy

Gay/bi men= gross and disgusting predators

by Anonymousreply 4806/23/2013

R24, I don't know you but how you describe your relationships to girls makes me believe that you have some very serious intimacy issues. You're the exact opposite of what I've always sought in a male. I

by Anonymousreply 4906/23/2013

R38 is making perfect sense to me. Why can't R45 just understand that he's making reference to the universality of ass?

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2013

Considering that so many gay men get married or have girlfriends to hide that they're gay, I can't really blame straight women for wanting to gauge if her man is really straight or not.

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2013

R50, Love of female asses by straight males, especially when girls are wearing tight, short skirts and high heels, is not at all the same as love of male asses by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2013

I find this thread so confusing

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

R51 because men aren't allowed to be open with their homo or bisexuality like women are.

If it wasn't looked down upon by society so much, more men would be honest about it to women and women wouldn't have to suffer by marrying a closet case.

It's all pretty simple

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

Did R52 just say that? Has she ever been to this website before, and seen the dozens and dozens of male ass threads we create?

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2013

R19 is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

R54 has it. Women can be very oppressive when it comes to male sexual interest. Including kinky stuff, whatever. They'll "tell". It's part of their locking down the hearth and home, eliminating variables and competition, creating a less-than-equal male partner to build a family. This does not include self-possessed, enlightened goddesses like the babe above who detailed her emotional fellatio process.

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

Oh come on, a lot of lesbians closet up with bfs/husbands as well, so it's hardly unique to gay men. And blaming women for it is ridiculous when a lot of it is actually men being extremely homophobic about anything gay, and bullying men who express homosexual tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

[quote]Death to [R24]. We don't allow the straight men who attacked us in P.E. to congregate here.

I never attacked anyone. Don't lump me in with a bunch of close-minded assholes.

r49, women don't like weak and they don't like clingy. Just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

R59, genuinely curious.. what makes you come here, as a straight man?

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

Puleeeze. It's all about AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

Fuck you, R59 - you don't get to dictate how we'll treat you. You'll feel what we've felt for decades at the hands of straight male turds.

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2013

Are you married, R59? Have you ever been married, or wanted to get married? Your kind treats us like trash, so we can do the same to you.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

"if a man confessed to his girl that he has same sex feelings"

Um, no. A MAN should never have a girl. A guy can have a girl, but a man must have a woman, you nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2013

Since we're being honest here - no. I haven't asked anyone if they've been with someone of the same gender. I don't really care.

HOWEVER - if I were going to get into a serious relationship with someone (male or female), you'd better believe I would be asking some hard-core questions.

I don't want to be emotionally and financially vulnerable to someone who will fuck anyone - because they will and then they will leave. Most men (gay or straight) are always looking for a BBD - bigger and better deal - when it comes to sex. They'll dump a partner of 20 years for a piece of ass.

Women, however, seem more able to respect your feelings and not whore around once they're in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2013

He's hoping he can get lucky with some desperate queen, r63.

But he's not going to get anything but scorn.

by Anonymousreply 6606/23/2013

R62 is the definition of a debased human - he looks to his perceived oppressors as role models.

by Anonymousreply 6706/23/2013

My roommate in college was gay and he used to post here. I stuck around because I liked reading the threads about the democratic primary in 2008 and some of the gossip discussions.

by Anonymousreply 6806/23/2013

R67 wants some of that straight cock. If he takes out his dentures and crouches, perhaps the straight man won't flee.

by Anonymousreply 6906/23/2013

I'm not married R63. I do plan to get married at some point, don't know when. And again, I'm sorry that some straight guys treated you like trash. It wasn't me. That's not my scene.

by Anonymousreply 7006/23/2013

R67 is straight cock. You'd like it, too - but you're the type that grosses me out from a glance across a street

by Anonymousreply 7106/23/2013

Here's a question that's kinda unrelated

Do you think that more masculine gay guys, such as myself are more discriminated against than obvious gay guys.

It sucks having to come out over and over again and sometimes loose friends over it, if I was obviously gay, they would know right away and probably wouldn't be my friend in the first place

I also hear straights talking shit all the time about faggots and when I tell them I'm gay the look on their faces is priceless

They either think I'm joking and fucking with them or their embarrassed

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2013

R72, I think you're lusted after and hated and mystifying (to many shit heads) in equal measure. Join the club

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2013

R70 will easily get married, and no one at that wedding will give a rat's ass about the gays who still can't. Straight men are happy when they have what they want - 'screw you, I've got mine' is their motto. They hold back all sexual orientations and genders but their own.

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2013

R74 wishes he could do the same if the roles were reversed

by Anonymousreply 7506/23/2013

R55, Did you not understand my post? I simply said that straight males love girls's asses, and not those of men. It's 2 completely different body types. It's also what's attached to those asses that's part of the attraction.

Of course gay men like men's asses and not girls; same thing.

by Anonymousreply 7606/23/2013

R75 is bi, so he enjoys straight privilege... Check his earlier posts.

by Anonymousreply 7706/23/2013

No. Why would I? He's straight.

by Anonymousreply 7806/23/2013

He may be, R77, but you're assuming he is against marriage equality. You don't know that

by Anonymousreply 7906/23/2013

Look at how vigorously the bi male defends the straight male. Very telling.

by Anonymousreply 8006/23/2013

I just want to say that men, women, children and even farm animals and birds LOVE my ass.

by Anonymousreply 8106/23/2013

He may be bi, r77, but if he's in love with a man he's in the same boat with you.

by Anonymousreply 8206/23/2013

R57, Not all women hold the same attitudes towards sex, just like men are very diverse. Yes I've met real fraus who are very anti-gay, because they married closeted gay men, and then got burned. They were also extremely cold and anti-sex from day one, making it easier for the gay men to pair up knowing he wouldn't be required to perform very often. I've also known women that accept an open marriage lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 8306/23/2013

R79 pretends like he doesn't know R75, but R75 and R79 are actually the same. Busted.

by Anonymousreply 8406/23/2013

Christ, you boys will NEVER get this shit right.

Do you think it's some kind of privilege for us lesbians that straight men think two women together is hot and that two men together is disgusting??

Think again, Bozos. The reason men think two women together is hot is because they believe that they're going to bring their dicks into the women's sexual encounter and SAVE THE DAY!! Because god knows two women together can't possibly be having fabulous and fulfilling sex without the MIGHTY PENIS.

To straight men, two women having sex is just an invitation for a REAL man to being his dick over and "finish the job." And THAT'S why they find two women together not just acceptable, but titillating. You put two typical lesbians together having sex who would NEVER touch a man if they were offered a million bucks, and straight men will hate them for being lesbians and kill them for being "man-haters."

So if you think that's something to be envied, there's nothing I can do to clear up that misconception. But if there's one thing I've learned from being here on DL so long, it's that gay men can't look at anything from anyone else's perspective but their own.

Still, perhaps this time, you'll try.

by Anonymousreply 8506/23/2013

[quote]I'm straight. Women have never asked me about gay tendencies. The key to keeping women is to ignore them and treat them like you can't be bothered. The more you withhold, the more they want you and the more they fuck you. The minute they sense any feelings or sensitivity, they lose respect.

The is a common ploy. Control in a relationship shifts back and forth. Sometimes you've got them by the balls, sometimes they've got you by yours.

by Anonymousreply 8606/23/2013

r4 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 8806/23/2013

R88, R4, Why are you generalizing about women? I sure don't generalize about men.

by Anonymousreply 8906/23/2013

I can imagine that all the pseudo-lesbian shit in our culture (read: straight women who are sexually submissive enough to perform lesbian sex acts for male approval) and its attendant baggage ("what you ladies actually need now that you've gotten all the bothersome detail work of foreplay done is a good dicking, and my dick is certainly big and powerful enough to satisfy the both of you!") must get beyond tedious for actual lesbians to deal with, R85. And you definitely have my sympathy on that front -- to play typical gay men and approach it from my own perspective -- I think it's probably like the funhouse mirror reflection of how we feel when we're treated like silly neutered lap dogs.

That being said, in our culture at least, I think it's fair to say that male homosexuality is still way more threatening to heterosexual men and therefore stigmatized (He's voluntarily doing all the objectively humiliating stuff women have to do in bed when we make them our bitches!! How dare he cede male privilege!! Punish him!!") than lesbianism, which you average knuckle-dragger views as hot (if not actual legitimate sex/love) when it's between two bleach-blond glassy-eyed incest survivors in porn or something ugly chicks do.

If it wasn't for us and how uncomfortable we make a significant portion of straight guys feel, you gals probably could have had gay marriage like 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9006/23/2013

If you want to know why straight women ask their men whether they're gay, you should start by asking the men in question:

"Have you ever asked your wife whether she'd do it with another girl? Would you do it with me and another girl? What if the girl was really hot? What if she was someone you already know, like your sister? Your sister's hot."

by Anonymousreply 9106/23/2013

[quote] But if there's one thing I've learned from being here on DL so long, it's that gay men can't look at anything from anyone else's perspective but their own.

That's the way it is with all men.

by Anonymousreply 9206/23/2013

Oh good lord, who cares? Such a thread for the iVillage or HuffPo crowd. For the gay men on here, who cares if fraus are insecure about their man's potential bisexuality/gay tendencies?

Goodness knows a lot of you have sucked off or at least come across LOADS (pun intended) of married "straight" men looking for man-sex on the side. I know I have. A lot of these women's insecurity may be justified after-all.

by Anonymousreply 9306/23/2013

Oh right R93 because all women are just such perfect, rational, understanding humans, too. What a load of crap.

by Anonymousreply 9406/23/2013

is it not the opposite thing that men ask women. Many women are bisexuals and will say yes because female homosexuality is much more accepted. To the bitch lesbian at post 85, shut the hell up because you have it much better with your lesbian ways. I mean that is the only stuff i hear lesbian bitching about how men want threesomes but with gay en they get way more shit thrown at them. I am a bi male but lean straight and i can never say i am bi because of the BS. Was a fully straight and decided to try other things and not limit myself.

by Anonymousreply 9506/23/2013

Your brother should stop dating 16-year olds.

by Anonymousreply 9606/23/2013

funny thing i seen comments of women who say they are straight but prefer to look at other women,WTF, and call gay men nasty and not natural. Many of these women accept women on women but hate gay male sex.

by Anonymousreply 9706/24/2013

Well then R97, maybe these straight women should be clamoring to go to lesbian bars, clubs and websites? Yet somehow, these straight women love to camp out in gay men's bars, clubs and websites, but these same women have no desire to EVER set foot in a lesbian bar.

You must hang out with very strange straight women, R97.

by Anonymousreply 9806/24/2013

reply 98. I VIEWED comments but have not heard of it of course. I don't know them of course.

besides, i am # 95 & 97.

by Anonymousreply 9906/24/2013

Gay Man= Emotional and Physical Attraction Towards The Same Sex (This Case Male on Male.

Bisexual= Sexually Attracted to Both, (Emotionally Attracted To Both? Possible)

Straight Male= Vagina All The Way!! Infactuated by the Female Being. Easily annoyed yet turned on by the emotional complexities of the female logic. They love the differences that also allow them to show case their Macho/Dominate traits and role of their gender. Gay Sex to A Straight Male? Two Answers. 1 Ew... Or 2. It exist, So? The difference between the answers? 1. Ignorance/That's Just The Way It Is. Number 2. Culturaly Exposed, Non Threatened

Sex Addict: They're just whores darling. Any hole will most likely do.

by Anonymousreply 10006/24/2013

How come all these straight guys didn't participate in the poll?

by Anonymousreply 10106/24/2013

well, only 1 person has admitted to being a straight guy as far as i can see.

by Anonymousreply 10206/24/2013

Women's insecurity about this issue doesn't pose the threat that men's insecurity does - who beats up gay? proposes laws to execute them in the Middle East - preaches that they're sinners? 99% of homophobes are straight men.

by Anonymousreply 10306/24/2013

ty

by Anonymousreply 10406/24/2013

Most anti-gay types are Religious.

Most Religions are male controlled and dominated.

by Anonymousreply 10506/24/2013

R97, Again too many people on this board make generalizations about everyone else. I barely look at other girls, except to check out their fashion sense. I'd feel that it would be very dishonest to go to a lesbian bar. Almost all of my friends are men. I'd go to a gay bar to hang out, if I thought that I'd be welcomed and it was understood that I was only seeking platonic associations and not a pick-up.

by Anonymousreply 10606/24/2013

R100, Why do some many posters on DL falsely assume that everyone thinks the way that they do? Your opinion of straight males is way off base.

Many straights look at gay/lesbian sex the same way they look at straights who have certain fetishes. Not for them but who's it hurting? If it doesn't involve kids or cost them money (tax dollars for medical care) then why should they care? People should really mind their own business and stop making decisions for others. Again that's why, like some posters on DL, it's very wrong to assume that everyone else thinks the way that you do.

by Anonymousreply 10706/24/2013

I've never asked any of my guys that question, although one of the guys I dated did have (as he described it) self-hating drunken session where someone topped him. He was a cutter earlier in his life, and he was obsessed with gay culture. So maybe he was bi or latent gay and was in denial? I didn't care, although I was horrified to learn he was a cutter.

I've been told that I have a masculine energy and have been asked if I've been with girls or have had men ask around if I'm lez. I've never had any lesbians make any passes at me, even in lez clubs (I like to go to gay/lez bars to go dancing)- only the ugliest tweaker tranny in existence, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

The guys I tend to date are good looking, but have been described as having a more feminine energy, so I guess we balance each other out.

I'm straight and can appreciate feminine beauty (I'm a makeup artist), but the idea of going down on a girl? Yech.

by Anonymousreply 10806/24/2013

R23, there's a reason there are over 7 billion people in the world and it isn't because all or 80% of population is bisexual as the OP and others suggest. Are there some married men who will hook up with another men? Sure, but they're not really straight and percentage wise it's pretty small. I know it must be frustrating to you that women have access to over 90% of the the adult male population but thinking you can compete and can snag straight men away from us is futile. I don't say this to be mean. It's just reality.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013

The fact that many men can and do 'experiment' with cows, sheep, watermelons, etc. means they are more likely to say yes when a random gay guy wants to go down on them.

Doesn't mean they are gay, necessarily, just that they are men. With ZERO ability to not try to have sex with almost anyone or anything.

Right?

by Anonymousreply 11006/24/2013

If a straight guy is going to experiment, it is in that 10-13 age range when that sort of thing occurs, according to studies. After that, it doesn't occur any more. All of the DLers saying that they're hooking up with 'straight' guys are either just pulling everyone's leg or they're hooking up with bi or confused closeted gay men.

by Anonymousreply 11106/24/2013

R108, Your post is really interesting. I'm the opposite, being a "girly-girl." I like men that are very, very visual, as I am not. They're much better at choosing my clothes than I am, and are appealingly very well groomed. Perhaps they do have some "feminine energy." I know that's very different from being bi.

by Anonymousreply 11306/24/2013

Threads like these always have posters talking in circles.

by Anonymousreply 11506/24/2013

The straight women on this thread are so delusional and so out of touch with male sexuality to think that MANY otherwise "straight" men have experimented with other guys or are not at least curious. Look at Craigslist M4M ads if you don't believe it; or if not that, why does every town in America have cruising areas and restrooms? Those are not out-and-proud gay men haunting those areas. I'm not saying ALL men have gay tendencies and experiences, but the reality is that it is a lot more than many women would be comfortable with.

And really, do you think any straight guy is going to honestly admit to his wife/GF that he is curious or has experimented with guys?

In general, this is why most straight women's presence on here and in gay areas bother me and many others. They claim to be supporters and allies of "gays", but really, many are just very subversive the only thing they contribute around here is to insist that every man is "straight."

by Anonymousreply 11606/24/2013

It's every woman's fear to be duped like Dana McGreevey and Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 11706/24/2013

R116, Please do not generalize about all straight females. I've already stated that I've known many women that are anti-gay because they're husbands left them for a man/men. I feel that these women were magnets from the very beginning for gay/bi men that followed society's expectations of marriage&family. These women were very, very conservative sexually in all aspects. Many regularly denied their men "stress release nights," just because they "didn't feel like it."

Other ladies (like me) project a very different image to men. While it's possible, I don't believe all men seek a bi or gay experience.

by Anonymousreply 11806/24/2013

Lol R41 is delusional

by Anonymousreply 11906/24/2013

Oops. Meant R114 . Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 12006/24/2013

With my man...I guess I never thought to ask! But from what you gals are referring...why that rat bastard! I'm bringing it up later, when we get to Walmart...

by Anonymousreply 12106/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.