Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Apple IDs and Passwords

Why can't Apple get it right? My ID and password work on my desktop, but they're not recognized on my iPhone or iPad. If you do an internet search on this topic you'll find that it is a huge problem.

Some Apple techs say your ID needs to be an email address, not the ID you set up, but others will say the opposite.

WTF?? Anyone else having these kinds of problems?

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1907/13/2013

Change your ID to your email address.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 106/23/2013

I've had such a bad time with their ID system constantly making me change passwords, I'm switching to Android. Security reminder questions like "what was the brand of your first car?" which don't apply to, I would guess, half their audience.

Just last night iTunes gave me the helpful error message "connection manager:invoke:failed to find service connection url" when I tried to log in. It's apparently a common problem. Apple wanted me to call them to resolve it.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 206/23/2013

I'm more pissed off that if you want to create a new Yahoo email, you now have to give your phone number - like Google.

Way to go taking the bad ideas from your former employer, Marissa.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 306/23/2013

I use my Apple ID very infrequently, so I can never remember my password. It refuses to accept my answers to my security questions. It's a big, fat stupidhead.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 406/23/2013

Never had a problem.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 506/23/2013

Getting updates is a chore - then iTunes requires a new credit card when I'm not even buying anything.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 606/23/2013

Hate apple and their crappy shit.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 706/23/2013

It's simple, OP. They make things difficult so you have to buy Apple Care support. Sorta like companies who make crappy products so you have to buy an extended warrantee.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 806/23/2013

I think you guys must be doing something wrong? I've had an iphone and iPad for years and I've never had trouble with my ID and I certainly don't need a new credit card for updates. In fact, as of like last year, I don't even have to enter my password when I update an app, just when installing a new one.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 906/23/2013

you idiots who dont answer the question just offer some worthless banter please stop. if you dont have the answer to the question why are you responding? connection error::invoke can anybody explain it?

I restarted and got the same error on any app I try to download.

I found that it is an error with your credit card needs updating.

you say stupid shit when your full of it_anymousE

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1007/10/2013

I'll fix them for you, OP. Just post your ID and PW and include your SSN and a bank account number for verification. Or a credit card.

Glad to help!

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1107/10/2013

I agree OP. Apple is one big headache in so many ways. The User ID for itunes is different than the user ID and password for Apple. Keeping them straight is a pain. And iPods are a pain when you buy a new computer and reinstall itunes. I had a Creative Labs mp3 player that I loved and it allowed my computer to treat it as a hard drive so I could click and drag songs and videos into it no problem, and it also mirrored my music collection so if my computer died I could extract all my music back out of my MP3 player and onto my new computer. Apple makes everything so difficult with its syncing bullshit.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1207/10/2013

I've never had a problem. Have owned at least 2 iMac, 2 iPods, 3 iPhones and 2 Macbooks since the Apple ID was introduced and I've never had an issue.

I still can log into an old Apple ID I used for a while when they first started.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1307/10/2013

IMHO, Apple is trying to avoid a viral scourge.

Windows users have endured the threat of viruses for years, while Apple users have been singing a sweet little song.

The reason Microsoft was more prone to viruses was because it was the more prevalent platform. If you are going to devote your energies to attacking a target, why not attack the biggest target to ensure success?

Many new users have chosen the Apple platform because it is *cool* but also because of its solid reputation as being safe from hackers.

Well, now there are millions of *hip* Apple adherents, who share a false sense of security.

Is the annoyance of having to login over, and over, and over again preferable to the annoyance of having all of your data hacked?

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1407/10/2013

i had this problem. I wanted to download an app. Instead of doing it right from my iphone, I just downloaded it to my laptop and then moved it to my iphone which was plugged in.

It eventually started recognizing my password again but it was annoying.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1507/11/2013

Had the same problem recently. I'd just downloaded an app on my iPhone and it was fine, then I tried to buy an album on my desktop and it kept refusing my password. I eventually just bought the damn thing on my iPod.

Thinking back on it, it's happened to me before. Apple refused to take my password so I just changed it and thought it was me having a brain fart and forgetting the password I'd used for the last few years. I was so confused and didn't realise this was a widespread problem.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1607/11/2013

We just sent a service tech off to an Apple software certification program. One of the topics was handling Apple IDs. Apparently it is one of their chronic customer complaints.

As far as Apple IDs and securities - not all they are cracked up to be.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1707/13/2013

OP here. R1 is absolutely correct. I logged out of my iTunes and then created a new iTunes ID with my email address as my ID, and I haven't had a single problem with Apple passwords (on my iPad or iPod) since.

Apparently when you're logged into iTunes with a user ID that is not an email address, the Apple password system has a fit an won't accept any passwords on mobile devices.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1807/13/2013

[quote]The User ID for itunes is different than the user ID and password for Apple. Keeping them straight is a pain.

Yes. Not infrequently, I get a password prompt when purchasing something on iTunes. All right, ITunes has either "forgotten" my password or is protecting me from myself. Fine. But the prompt simply refuses to accept the CORRECT password. The remedy is to close iTunes and reopen it, though I have had to do this two and three times in succession when purchasing multiple things one after the other.

by Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow....reply 1907/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.