Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GILF Wes Clark Touts Hillary

Wes Clark also ‘Ready for Hillary’ Clinton

By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 6/23/13 6:53 AM EDT

“Ready for Hillary” is rolling out another endorser of the not-yet presidential candidate, with a fundraising email from former Gen. Wes Clark set to go out later Sunday that heaps credit on Hillary Clinton for her tenure as secretary of state.

Clark, an ally of the Clintons whose own failed presidential campaign for the 2004 election was staged in part as an antidote to another candidate, Howard Dean, pitches in the email for a “grassroots” network for Clinton.

“Running for president of the United States isn’t easy,” he writes in the email. “I saw it firsthand in 2003. But what drives you. What pushes you. What makes you do more than you thought was possible are the supporters behind you.

“I know from personal experience that having a group of supporters ready to go before I even jumped into the race made a tough decision much easier. “

He goes on, “That’s exactly the message we need to send Hillary Clinton today. She needs to know that if she decides to run for president, then she’ll have an army of supporters behind her. I’m going to be Ready for Hillary. Will you be?"

Clark’s endorsement comes after Clinton received the surprise backing of Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill last week. McCaskill was a supporter of then-Sen. Barack Obama in the 2008 primaries, and “Ready for Hillary” rolled out her endorsement.

Clark continues in the email, “When Hillary Clinton took over as Secretary of State, America’s image around the globe was badly damaged. Since then, we’ve ended the war in Iraq. We’re winding down in Afghanistan. We decimated Al-Qaeda’s leadership, and helped democracy grow in the Middle East.”

“Supporting Hillary is an easy decision for me. I know she’ll steer us straight at home and represent us right abroad,” he says. “We all know that Hillary would make the best president for our country.”

In a Washington Post piece last week, longtime Clinton ally Harold Ickes signaled clearly that “Ready for Hillary” is the “real deal” in terms of an inevitable crush of super PACs that will crop up around the former first lady.

Clinton has yet to say whether she will run, taking time to give paid speeches and write another memoir.

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013

I respect Clark and think that like Howard Dean he would have made an excellent president. I think he would have taken his oath to defend and protect the Constitution a great deal more seriously than anyone who's run for the job since. But I'm done with Hillary and her current boss. I'm done with "slightly better than right wing lunatic." We need a real progressive.

by Anonymousreply 106/23/2013

[quote]I think he would have taken his oath to defend and protect the Constitution a great deal more seriously than anyone who's run for the job since.

That's why he wasn't allowed to be president.

by Anonymousreply 206/23/2013

It's all a puppet show anyway. The faces on the stage don't matter. Refocus your attention elsewhere. Look at Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 406/23/2013

Wes Clark, #1 GILF

by Anonymousreply 506/23/2013

Howard Dean, #1 GILF and a better American than these two war-mongers.

by Anonymousreply 606/23/2013

Now that a woman has a chance for the white house, we all of a sudden need a progressive. Interesting.

Dean is going to have a hard time. He threw Clinton under the bus for Obama (who in turn threw Dean under the bus). He's going to need a lot more than pent up enthusiasm this time.

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 806/23/2013

Clinton/Dean 2016!

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2013

We need to stop with these political dynasties, where families are able to trot out their lesser offerings, who win simply on name recognition.

No more Bushes. No more Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2013

R10 = Freeper troll.

You can't compare Bush to Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 1106/23/2013

R11: I absolutely am not a Freeper or a troll. Stop dismissing inconvenient opinions with such knee-jerk nonsense.

I just don't think it is good for the country to keep selecting our Presidents from a small pool of families.

And while I don't agree with his views, I would assert that Jeb Bush is actually better/smarter than his father or brother (although almost everyone is smarter than his brother W), but enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2013

Is the "G" for general or grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 1306/23/2013

GILF = Grandma I'd Like To Fuck

Stop trying to be down with the kids, elder-gays!

by Anonymousreply 1406/23/2013

"No more Bushes. No more Clintons"

Words of the simple-minded.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

Great, further corporate rule, wage slavery under "globalization", threats of "obliteration" plus hot flashes!

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

R11 is a Republican who thinks he's a Democrat.

Most Dems today wouldn't know a liberal if one fell on them.

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2013

The thought of Hillary as the Democratic nominee in 2016 horrifies me, but I do l agree Wes Clark is a GILF.

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2013

Well I guess I'm a "Freeper" as well, because I agree with R10, as well as R1.

I don't like Hillary - she's a neo con. I didn't know anything about Obama when he ran. I just expected to vote for her as I had when she ran for senator, but she turned me off big time with the Bush-like bilge spewing from her mouth. I'm tired of her. Let her go work on that vanity project of her husband's.

PUMAS won't let go because they think she's "owed" something. The presidency is not a throne.

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2013

[quote]Words of the simple-minded.

And yet so many think Hilary should be President "because it's her turn."

by Anonymousreply 2106/23/2013

It would be hot to see Wesley Clark and Howard Dean making out together.

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

Babs for Hillary

Last Updated: 12:42 AM, June 21, 2013

Barbra Streisand used her first-ever public performance in Israel to seemingly stump for Hillary Clinton. “From the stage, she spoke about her friendship with Golda Meir,” said one of Page Six’s Tel Aviv spies. “She said, ‘It’s about time we had a woman president’ and ‘hoped it would happen in 2016.’ It was an obvious early endorsement. The crowd went nuts.” The message came as hints keep dropping that Clinton’s gearing up to run. Babs got the sold-out 16,000-seat stadium verklempt by closing with “Hatikvah.” She’s playing a second show tomorrow night, with a 60-piece orchestra. This week in Jerusalem, Streisand received an honorary Ph.D. from Hebrew University and played Shimon Peres’ 90th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

R20 = another simpleminded idiot

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2013

People who drank the Hillary Kool-Aid scare me.

She is an awful menace and I hope she loses.

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

Watch this, Hill fans:

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

No, R24, not simple-minded...accurate.

Unlike you, I actually recall the '08 campaign. I recall her words. Her policies. Her bullshit.

Go take your estrogen pills, Harriet.

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

If she does run I hope she gets her face and neck Fraxelized. Cuz, you know, the public is superficial.

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

[quote]The thought of Hillary as the Democratic nominee in 2016 horrifies me, but I do l agree Wes Clark is a GILF.

He's not a Grandma.

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

[quote]PUMAS won't let go because they think she's "owed" something. The presidency is not a throne.

99% of the time, PUMAS exist only in the minds of delusional obamabots - and listen, the majority of Obama supporters are not bots, but the bots do exist, and they're a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

[quote]The thought of Hillary as the Democratic nominee in 2016 horrifies me

It should, Freeptard.

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

[quote]I don't like Hillary - she's a neo con.

Explain to us what a Neocon is, and how Hillary is one, because people like you who keep throwing that term around are like Republicans who scream "communist" and don't understand the true definition of the word. I will bet you money that whatever you try to stick to Clinton, it can be stuck right back onto Obama. Obama is a bigger hawk than Clinton could ever be. In fact, the reason why people said not to vote for Hillary is because she was too hawkish. Look how that turned out. Obama gets the Nobel Peace Prize, and escalates a war the very next day.

The Clinton haters really need to call it a day already. She's the only one that can beat Republicans in 2016. By all means, try to get the likes of a no-name, or a person like Joe Biden to run, and watch us get a Teapublican in the White House for 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

You know, I like Hilary and would have preferred her in the White House now, but the more I hear about these endorsements the more it all sounds like Status quo.

We will never get a true progressive in the Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

Hillary can get people to the voting booths. That will translate to more Dems in the House and Senate.

by Anonymousreply 3406/23/2013

Hillary is inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!