Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Snowden leaves Hong Kong for Moscow

But Moscow is not believed to be his final destination.

by Anonymousreply 14706/27/2013

I seriously doubt he'll be able to leave Moscow without handing over any and all information he has.

by Anonymousreply 306/23/2013

Next stop: Iran

by Anonymousreply 506/23/2013

What can I say...I just love freedom and democracy.

by Anonymousreply 606/23/2013

Yes, heading to Moscow will send the message that I'm all about freedom. Russia is so much freer than America could ever be. Wonder if I'm going to like living there, closely watched, until Putin croaks.

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2013

Something seems wrong with him and his story. I suspect he's not a whistle blower, but an actor playing a role. I think he is a phony and part of yet another republican manufactured scandal. His claim of reading all the documents he released can't be true, given the number and his service time it's not even mathematically possible.

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2013

Why haven't we just assassinated the little bastard?

Okay so seriously. He runs to our former Cold War enemy. Next he goes to China I would assume. He is no hero.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2013

God, there's a lot of freepers on this thread.

You can track his flight live via the link. Not far from Moscow now. Next stop Havanna apparantly.

by Anonymousreply 1106/23/2013

I think he's on his way to asylum in Iceland.

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2013

LOVE his reply to a question from Kimberly Dozier, AP Intelligence & Counterterrorism writer

[quote]US officials say terrorists already altering TTPs because of your leaks, & calling you traitor. Respond?

[quote] US officials say this every time there's a public discussion that could limit their authority. US officials also provide misleading or directly false assertions about the value of these programs, as they did just recently with the Zazi case, which court documents clearly show was not unveiled by PRISM.

Journalists should ask a specific question: since these programs began operation shortly after September 11th, how many terrorist attacks were prevented SOLELY by information derived from this suspicionless surveillance that could not be gained via any other source? Then ask how many individual communications were ingested to acheive that, and ask yourself if it was worth it. Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it.

Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school.

by Anonymousreply 1306/23/2013

If he gets there. He must be giving Russia something though, if they are helping him fly out.

by Anonymousreply 1406/23/2013

He's right in the "Journalists should ask question..." paragraph

The journalists have not been doing their job. That is a big part of it.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

Wow. He (not wrongly) critiques (not exposes) the NSA spying program and only goes to countries with horrible human rights violations? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

R9 wow.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

R16 - as a rule of thumb, the more sensitive someone is about civil rights violations by Western nations, the more relaxed they tend to be about non-Western ones, even if the latter are much worse (see also Assange, Greenwald, Chomsky, Stone...the list goes on).

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2013

He's a Rand Paul following, libertarian freak. A bad guy who now thinks he's a great hero. Hope he spends the rest of his life in a Russian prison.

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2013

Lots of neocon hysteria on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2013

Moscow? This story just keeps getting better. He's an arrogant naif.

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

Yeah, Russia is an odd choice for someone who claims to be fighting for freedom. Or is he going there to take on Putin? Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

Where would you go, R22/23 sweethearts?

Do tell. The U.S.?

Because it SO (cough) upholds international law, including never starting wars based on lies.

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2013

Moscow --> Havana --> Caracas

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

Iceland was available, no?

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

It's interesting to note the crap toeing-the-line job mainstream media is doing on the story with the exception of The Guardian which broke it. The story is being solely told from the govts point of view. It shows the huge hole in America media because it doesn't have a single prominent leftist media voice for balance.

The German Justice Minister has called the latest leaks "a Hollywood nightmare." But there seems little concern in America about the outrageous breaches going on that have truly created the Orwellian surveillance society.

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

He is about to get a wake up call in Russia. They will not let him out the door without giving them a boatload of information. If they abuse him he will get no sympathy from the US.

Also if he goes to cuba he is a moron. The current cuban government is not as isolated and would likely gladly turn him over to the us for a price.

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

He's already landed. A car with Ecuadoran diplomatic plates has been seen at the airport. He was accompanied by a Wikileaks legal adviser who is supposed to watch over him (and supposedly keep him safe). I wonder if Moscow will even let him deplane into the Ecuadoran car.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

I don't think Snowden is going to like the way this turns out for him.

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

Not liking what the US government does is understandable, but just blowing the lid off it to the public may not be the best way to deal with it. People understand the government has secrets and spies on its citizens and foreign governments. That's why Wikileaks kinda fizzled out. No one cared.

Venezuela is a shithole and a dangerous one. Snowden will get over Venezuela fast. Wonder how Julian A feels holed up in the Ecuadoran embassy for the next four years. Wonder if he'd do it again.

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

Venezuelans involved. Guardian has a live blog.

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

Countdown to his "suicide" . . .

by Anonymousreply 3406/23/2013

No, R34, he's safe until they wave the next bit of Kardashian/Hilton/Lohan/Sheen sparkly in front of us.

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013

The Guardian is treating this trip like a travelogue. Very, very silly:

"Quito is a stunning city in the mountains with great food, decent internet, reasonable prices and easy access to Pacific beaches and Amazon forest."

by Anonymousreply 3606/23/2013

I didn't see anything about any place in Ecuador to be "stunning." I'd take Peru, Chile, or Colombia over Ecuador.

by Anonymousreply 3706/23/2013

CIA agents in Venezuela waiting for the fun to begin........

by Anonymousreply 3806/23/2013

Actually, Ecuador is considered one of the top places for Americans to retire - inexpensive, good weather, good health care system, beaches, etc. There's plenty of American expats there.

Venezuela, on the other hand, is showing signs of hyperinflation.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2013

It amazes me how many of you don't grasp the fact that he isn't going to Russia because he wants to live there.

He is going there because he wants to live.

by Anonymousreply 4006/23/2013

Ecuador it is.

The US media and political clowns are sputtering like the last dregs of the lube in a crusty post-Folsom bottle of Astroglide.

by Anonymousreply 4106/23/2013

r26, Iceland or South America, which one would you pick?

by Anonymousreply 4206/23/2013

I'd choose Iceland, personally.

by Anonymousreply 4306/23/2013

Iceland was ruled out because he'd have to touch down where NSA could nab him, R43.

by Anonymousreply 4406/23/2013

I would love nothing more then seeing Duane Chapman snatch Snowden when he arrives in equador. He did nap the max factor rapist in Mexico did he not?

by Anonymousreply 4506/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 4606/23/2013

I guess I'd be a bit leery of Ecuador -- too unstable. A coup, or a change of government, and Snowden is on a plane to the USA.

But he was too hot even for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 4706/23/2013

Rafael Correa is a hottie. I'd claim asylum for a chance to be interrogated by him.

by Anonymousreply 4806/23/2013

Venezuela is a crime ridden shit hole, he would have been kidnapped at arrival and then murdered in some remote road, not by the CIA but by local criminals.

by Anonymousreply 4906/23/2013

Having lived in various countries in South America as a child, I can say that Ecuador is one of the least developed and least enjoyable countries on the continent. It's barely better than Bolivia, Paraguay, and Venezuela (the three worst).

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2013

Aren't there any really nice places in the world that don't have extradition treaties with the USA? I mean, places with pleasant governments and good restaurants.

It would be good to have a list, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2013

R51, Andorra, Madagascar and Morocco. The rest are pretty much horrid.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

You know, R52, the whole point of mockingly calling people "tinhats" is that such people are supposedly paranoid that the government is snooping and prying into their privacy and trying to profile them based on their thoughts.

And it turns out that the government is doing exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

Land in Moscow? Talk about playing into the "traitorous spy" stereotype!

He must have Paula Deen's PR team.

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

Here's the bottom line for me: none of this surveillance will go away. There are too many corporate fingers in the government pie. So what was the point?

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

R57, waiting for his RIFD chip. On his knees.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

[quote]There are too many corporate fingers in the government pie.

Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

It really is terrific how he has turned the attention away from the NSA's domestic activities to its foreign operations.

He is not pro-American.

He is anti-secret.

Huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

[quote]Having lived in various countries in South America as a child, I can say that Ecuador is one of the least developed and least enjoyable countries on the continent.

I agree with your view of Ecuador. What would be your top three choices, R50?

My top three would be 3. Peru, 2. Uruguay, 1. Chile.

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

Well, what do you think will happen, R58? Do you think all this outrage can be coalesced into something that will force the US government to dismantle this spying architecture? Call me a cynic but I don't.

Please note, by the way, that I didn't say I agreed with the surveillance, only that I think it is not going away.

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2013

I can just see Snowden in Moscow now, bitching about all the smokers, no Wi-Fi access, and the impossibility of finding a soy latte or a Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

I'd say 1. Uruguay, 2. Chile, and 3. Argentina, R61.

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2013

So why didn't they hunt down the Valerie Plame leaker like this?

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2013

Why doesn't the NSA use its powers to protect us from illegal money-laundering by the Too-Big-To-Fail banks?

by Anonymousreply 6606/23/2013

Thanks R50 - R64. I worked in South America for awhile but didn't get to Argentina. Montevideo is one of my favorite cities. I spent a lot of time in Chile from Vina del Mar and all down the coast to Punta Arenas, so I got to see a lot of that country and interact with the people.

by Anonymousreply 6706/23/2013

Has no one else figured out that this is part of a larger ploy to get Assange out of the Ecuadorian embassy and out of the UK?

Snowden will be a piece of the puzzle.

It may be part of the plan.

Get Assange out of the UK.

Snowden comes back to the US and gets the bully pulpit and martyrdom.

Everybody's happy!

by Anonymousreply 6806/23/2013

OP, where did Snowden go??

by Anonymousreply 6906/23/2013

This young man is a hero. Unfortunately, what he has done has destroyed his life and will have absolutely zero impact on the actions of the NSA or this or future administrations. Americans have become lazy and distracted and we've let the plutocrats spirit our democracy away in the night. And in broad daylight.

It's just going to get worse.

Have a nice day!

by Anonymousreply 7006/23/2013

I can understand that if he were truly concerned about transparency and spying on U.S. citizens, that he would have come forward with information limited to domestic espionage or spying on American citizens overseas. His actions suggest that his motives are far more complex and center around the glorification of Edward Snowden.

These disclosures about:

• Extensive hacking into private phone text messages in China.

• Attacks on the main servers at China's prestigious Tsinghua University.

• Hacking computers at the Hong Kong offices of Pacnet, a company which operates the region's biggest network of undersea fibre optic cables.

suggest otherwise. Of course, the U.S. spies on China and they on us. Seriously, duh!

The disclosures also suggest that he sold China information to keep his globe-hopping, self-aggrandizing tour running. I think he expects to be treated like a king by the Chinese, the Russians, the Cubans, the Venezuelans, and the Ecuadorans. Why? Because he has a vaunted view of himself that now includes "persecuted hero" on the run.

It's pretty fucking comical.

by Anonymousreply 7106/23/2013

His passport was revoked, so apparently he was able to go to Russia without a valid passport. That is unheard of.

America is being made to look helpless. Regardless of my opinion of Snowden, that makes me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2013

He's checked into one of those "pod" hotel rooms at the airport and can't leave b/c he doesn't have a Russian visa.

HK is claiming they didn't get word from the U.S. in time to stop him from leaving, which I highly doubt. They probably wanted to get them out of their hair ASAP. I'm sure mainland China has been putting huge pressure on the HK authorities.

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2013

The Russians will probably give him a Russian passport. His ultimate destination btw is Ecuador, I think, same place as Assange. At least I think it's Ecuador.

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2013

And I think once in Quito he'll be fine, he'll work for some IT outfit there I'm sure. And his gf will probably come live with him since she has no job skills whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 7506/23/2013

Hardly a business center or a tourist attraction, Quito is rather provincial and not very exciting. It is very poor and as a foreigner you need to take precautions. The girlfriend will not stay long once she checks Quito out.

by Anonymousreply 7606/23/2013

He could live in Guayaquil. Lower altitude, more cosmopolitan, and close to beaches.

by Anonymousreply 7706/23/2013

In Quito he will just have to wear a straw hat, fake moustache and a poncho and no one will recognize him

by Anonymousreply 7806/23/2013

R64 if someone is determined to get you the lack of an extradition treaty is no protection.

by Anonymousreply 7906/23/2013

Sucre is probably the best place in Ecuador for him. It has a large expat population and is relatively European in feel with a lower crime rate. The climate is also conducive for nurturing moles.

by Anonymousreply 8006/23/2013

[quote]And his gf will probably come live with him since she has no job skills whatsoever.

What makes you say this?

by Anonymousreply 8106/23/2013

He will get bored of being stuck in Ecuador quite fast. It is a small, unimportant, not very developed nation with not a lot going on. Some expats but not many and not very sophisticated ones at that -- aging backpacker types.

by Anonymousreply 8206/23/2013

Too bad Sucre is in Bolivia, Miss Utah at R80.

Please, Americans, stop posting. Your idiocy is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 8306/23/2013

Sorry, I meant Cuenca, R83. One too many this evening.

by Anonymousreply 8406/23/2013

R83 = Guardianista and well-known drag.

by Anonymousreply 8506/23/2013

[quote]And I think once in Quito he'll be fine, he'll work for some IT outfit there I'm sure. And his gf will probably come live with him since she has no job skills whatsoever.

I hadn't heard anything about his GF. She's an acrobat/performance artist/pole dancer, suggesting she has few job skill.

by Anonymousreply 8606/23/2013

First Snowden's neck mole, now his girlfriend's blowfish-lipped pole dancing. Why are straight people such freaks?

by Anonymousreply 8706/23/2013

He should have asylum in russia

by Anonymousreply 8806/23/2013

She moved to Hawaii to be with him and is said to be very upset about the entire situation. She went into hiding herself. I doubt she's going to globe hop to be by his side.

by Anonymousreply 8906/23/2013

Hey, idiot moron at r83, I think you're confusing Utah with South Carolina. you tedious idiot.

Another moron is r11 who doesn't realise that Snowden is a freeper Ron Paul fan and the only people who fall for his conspiracy shit are the morons who think government is the enemy because it wants to take their guns away.

by Anonymousreply 9006/23/2013

For you, R90.

by Anonymousreply 9106/23/2013

[quote]America is being made to look helpless.

Thank God! Americans are enamored with their own supposed goodness. It's not goodness: it's gross niavity!

Does the average American know how warmongering America really is? Nicaragua, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, the invasion of Panama: America is fucking scary! That's why it doesn't have many friends these days.

by Anonymousreply 9206/23/2013

R90 is headed for a Fema coffin

by Anonymousreply 9306/23/2013

He's not exactly a freeper. He said how much he liked Obama in the past.

by Anonymousreply 9406/23/2013

[quotw] niavity

Is this like a hybrid of a skin cream and a creche?

by Anonymousreply 9506/23/2013

The business about Ron Paul always gets overlooked on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 9606/23/2013

[quote]Is this like a hybrid of a skin cream and a creche?

May we quotw you on that, R95?

by Anonymousreply 9706/23/2013

"The freedom trail is not exactly China-Russia-Cuba-Venezuela, so I hope we'll chase him to the ends of the earth, bring him to justice and let the Russians know there'll be consequences if they harbor this guy," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-Closet, said in his butchest voice.

by Anonymousreply 9806/23/2013

Reading something sinister into the routing being taken by Mr.Snowden is moronic. If he tried to connect through Europe (apparently excluding Russia)or the UK heading for Latin America, he would have been detained immediately.He's trying to avoid arrest, remember?

by Anonymousreply 9906/23/2013

God, his girlfriend looks like a total dumb whore.

by Anonymousreply 10006/23/2013

[quote]Reading something sinister into the routing being taken by Mr.Snowden is moronic.

It's moronic to think that his flight to China and Russia is a mere way of escape from prosecution in the United States. You can be certain that both nations copied every bit of information that Snowden has on his four laptops.

by Anonymousreply 10106/24/2013

Why would someone put himself through all of this for information we've been aware of since the early 2000s?

by Anonymousreply 10206/24/2013

Sorry, r91, like you I'm not American but you obviously follow US beauty contests a lot more than I do. All Russian and Chinese women and the women in whatever country you're from have a great knowledge of world geography.

Of course it's deliberately overlooked, r96, they like to forget that Snowden is not coming from the "freedom of expression" school of thought but from the "I don't like big government taking my guns away" school of "thought".

Many of the posters screaming on US news threads in favour of Snowden are all quite aware of what he's about - they are all right-wing freeper Obama-haters who have an ideological hatred of government.

And, let's not forget all these stories are hyped up just for the Guardian to make its big online "break" in the US. I'm still waiting for them to team up with a Chinese, Russian or Ecuadorian whistleblower, for some Guardian coverage on how the Chinese government uses the internet and mobile phone data to monitor the activities of its citizens, some story on Russian police abuse or an analysis of the latest Ecuadorian law to quash an independent media. Or maybe it's only the US and UK governments who indulge in espionage and suppression of freedom of expression. Russia, China, Ecuador are shining examples of transparency and freedom for all.

by Anonymousreply 10306/24/2013

For fame and glory, r102!

by Anonymousreply 10406/24/2013

So he wasn't on the plane bound for Havana. Could it have something to do with the fact that it was packed with journalists? Or is he being questioned somewhere. The Eduadoran foreign minister claims not to know his whereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 10506/24/2013

Well, in fairness, R103, Ecuador is hardly a player on the world stage. China and Russia, though, are fair game. Wikileaks is not really anti-authoritarian, it is anti-US.

by Anonymousreply 10606/24/2013

Wikileaks is nothing. All Assange ever gave up was gossip.

He threatened Fox News, claiming if they said bad things about him, he'd get them in trouble. Really? if someone loves truth and freedom, they would get Fox News in trouble for that reason alone. They would not hold onto information which could bring down Murdoch. They'd gladly give it up.

Assange is no hero. If he actually had decent information worth giving, he'd have given it. He's got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10706/24/2013

To those who think he's some sort of genius with a master plan...

The guy is fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10806/24/2013

He does seem like an ass.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013

I called him an arrogant naif on this thread or a related one. He sure sounds like it per his lawyer. It throws doubt on his stories about past espionage work:

Mr. Snowden, who has just turned 30, comes across as intelligent, analytical and quick-witted, Mr. Ho said. But he also came to Hong Kong from Honolulu without a well thought-out plan, while overestimating how free he would be to move around Hong Kong after his disclosures and underestimating the public attention he would receive, Mr. Ho added.

“He’s a kid, I really think he’s a kid, I think he never anticipated this would be such a big matter in Hong Kong,” Mr. Ho said, adding that, “He enjoys Pepsi, he prefers Pepsi to wine, that’s why I say he’s a kid.”

Mr. Ho presented an image of Mr. Snowden that differed in some respects from the public image that he presented in a video released by the Guardian newspaper of Britain when Mr. Snowden first stepped forward to take responsibility for leaks of classified information about American surveillance programs.

In the video, assembled over a period of days from various remarks made by Mr. Snowden, he appeared to have devised a clear plan of action together with a willingness to defy the United States.

But Mr. Ho described his client as someone with a vague sense of his legal options and a limited understanding, at least until the dinner over pizza last Tuesday, of his legal rights in Hong Kong. During the dinner, Mr. Ho said, “he came to a full grasp of the situation and better understanding of the reality.”

Mr. Snowden strongly disliked the possibility that he might be held without bail in prison without access to a computer for long periods of time punctuated by numerous court appearances, Mr. Ho said, adding that, “he was a loner, he didn’t have much support until people like us” started giving legal advice.

by Anonymousreply 11006/24/2013

[quote]He does seem like an ass.

And, so darn hot!

by Anonymousreply 11106/24/2013

He exposed the way the U.S. government spies on its citizens. Then he takes all his information to two nations with a long history of government that has no regard for the rights of their citizens - China and Russia.

He may be a computer whiz kid but he's a moron in regard to world history and human rights. He'll have a very lonely life in Ecuador.

by Anonymousreply 11206/24/2013

I don't find dumb, rat-faced, famewhoring, Ron Paul freaks to be attractive.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 11306/24/2013

So Greenwald admits to working with Snowden since February and Snowden admits specifically taking the Booz job to gather evidence. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 11406/24/2013

Snowden sought Booz Allen job to gather evidence on NSA surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 11506/24/2013

Russia will extradite him to the US once they finish debriefing. There are more important things at stake and Putin doesn't want to have a problem over this.

by Anonymousreply 11606/24/2013

He's not in Russia he?

by Anonymousreply 11706/24/2013

is he still missing?

by Anonymousreply 11806/24/2013

His seat on the plane to Cuba was empty. A lot of reporters on the plane are very unhappy. He hasn't been seen today.

by Anonymousreply 11906/24/2013

The Russians and the Chinese have all the data from his computers already so they know everything there is to get anyway. The Russians will turn him over the Americans.

by Anonymousreply 12006/24/2013

So this was his plan all along? He's somebody's puppet. On his own, he's a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 12106/24/2013

[quote]He's somebody's puppet. On his own, he's a nobody.

You could say the same about Barack Obama. Like W. Bush he is another puppet who was made President by the Wall Street War Party. On their own, both Obama and Bush would have been nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 12206/24/2013

Heavy in this thread the loons are.

by Anonymousreply 12306/24/2013

Thank you, Yoda at R123.

by Anonymousreply 12406/24/2013

Exactly R121. Yet all these fucking idiots couldn't wait to call him a hero. We still don't even know who this douche is working for. It's one thing to expose something to your own country,(that most of us already knew anyway), but when you go outside the country and start telling our secrets you're a traitor. If your goal is to help and better America then how come you're running from one enemy country to another, flapping your lips? Yeah, that will help America alright.

by Anonymousreply 12506/24/2013

R122, you're a fucking idiot.

Snowden, as I have maintained all along, is nobody's hero. Well, perhaps he's an extremely stupid person's hero but he's not a hero to anyone with a decent ethical standard.

The latest news on Mr. Snowden's International Circus of Self-absorption:

[quote] Edward Snowden secured a job with a US government contractor for one reason alone – to obtain evidence on Washington’s cyberspying networks, the South China Morning Post can reveal.

[quote]For the first time, Snowden has admitted he sought a position at Booz Allen Hamilton so he could collect proof about the US National Security Agency’s secret surveillance programmes ahead of planned leaks to the media.

[quote]“My position with Booz Allen Hamilton granted me access to lists of machines all over the world the NSA hacked,” he told the Post on June 12. “That is why I accepted that position about three months ago.”

He's a whore, darlin' (and a liar and a thief).

by Anonymousreply 12606/24/2013

Keep fuckin' that chicken, R126.

Seriously, it's amazing to see the US administration, both parties, and the media reduced to Armando Iannucci comedy. It's all so obvious and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 12706/24/2013

It's kind of funny that a bunch of reporters were on the plane to Havana hoping Snowden would be on board and he wasn't. Are they going to do this for every flight to Havana? The airline must be loving this.

by Anonymousreply 12806/24/2013

He has that nasty neck mole and looks rat faced. He's not adorable like my cutie James Holmes. Now he's worth betraying one's country for. Squee!

by Anonymousreply 12906/24/2013

I don't know what to think of him but if he exposes Bush, same as Obama, I'll be fine. I'd like to see our whole government exposed for what it really is...a government that is run by our military and their friends.

by Anonymousreply 13006/24/2013

[quote]a government that is run by our military and their friends.

Their friends at the Fed and on Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 13106/24/2013

He is such a coward! He's all for American rights but flies to china, then anti gay russia? What a pompous S.O.B.

by Anonymousreply 13206/24/2013

[quote]...a bunch of reporters were on the plane to Havana hoping Snowden would be on board...

And Aeroflot bans alcohol on that flight (probably because Russians can't stay out of their duty-free on long-haul.). So you're fucked, flying to Havana, and can't even get drunk in either direction. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 13306/24/2013

If I have to hear one more stupid motherfucker compare Snowden to MLK or Rosa Parks, I'm gonna kick them in the nuts!

by Anonymousreply 13406/24/2013

R132. I'm sure, with him being straight, Russia's stance on the gay platform was a pivotal decision making point.

by Anonymousreply 13506/24/2013

[quote]He is such a coward! He's all for American rights but flies to china, then anti gay russia?

How dense are you? He fell on his own sword. He knew he was embarking on a suicide mission but he did it anyway.

He is not trying to find a better life for himself in another country. He sacrificed his personal security for the presumed long-term benefit of all other Americans.

He is trying to find a safe harbor for the short term but he knows he's toast. He is not endorsing any other nation's ways by going there. He is simply trying to extend what little period of freedom he has left.

by Anonymousreply 13606/24/2013

MLK and Rosa Parks didnt flee the country. They stood up for what they believed in even tho they went to jail. Snowden is a cowardly S.O.B.

by Anonymousreply 13706/24/2013

R136 you're a tool.

by Anonymousreply 13806/24/2013

R136 believe that if you will.

by Anonymousreply 13906/24/2013

The next flight he takes will be in a box.

by Anonymousreply 14006/24/2013

[quote] Edward Snowden’s whereabouts are currently unknown after he failed to get on an Aeroflot flight the Russian airline said he was booked on from Moscow to Havana. It has been assumed that he was heading via Cuba for Ecuador; Quito’s foreign minister Ricardo Patiño Aroca ‏said yesterday the country had received an asylum application from him. But amid farcical scenes the plane full of journalists – and presumably representatives of various governments – took off for Cuba without him. One reporter tweeted a plaintive picture of Snowden’s empty chair.

[quote]Patino said Snowden – the former NSA contractor whose leaks to the Guardian about US intelligence programmes have caused controversy around the world – had arrived in Russia and said his government was currently considering his asylum request. But he said Quito did not know where Snowden was at this moment – or where he was going next. Patino hinted that if Ecuador accepted Snowden’s request it would be on the grounds of privacy, freedom of speech, and human rights. The country already shelters Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at its embassy in London. Wikileaks was today forced to defend Ecuador’s questionable record on press freedom.

by Anonymousreply 14106/24/2013

[quote]He fell on his own sword. He knew he was embarking on a suicide mission but he did it anyway

If you understand what his Hong Kong lawyer, Mr. Ho, said, it suggests that he was quite far out of his depth in understanding how restricted he would be (e.g. that he might be jailed and his laptops taken away), what his legal rights in HK were, and the type of public attention that would be receiving. All this and he tried to pass himself off as someone who was part of the U.S. espionage community before the Booz Allen job? Uh, huh. I hope other U.S. operatives aren't quite this dumb or over-estimate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14206/24/2013

"Wikileaks was today forced to defend Ecuador’s questionable record on press freedom."

Actually, it should be the hypocritical Guardian itself that is forced to defend Ecuador’s questionable record on press freedom because it is what has spawned both Assange and Snowden and the circus around them. The Guardian only goes for stories on the US and UK. It wants to be seen as an investigative newspaper - well, let it investigate something hard and something that actually has a serious impact, such as the countries Assange and Snowden stupidly believe are "free".

by Anonymousreply 14306/24/2013

Sure, r142, because, for some reason, Snowden actually believed that bullshit that he was spouting, that HK is the land of the free and the US is the devil.

Hope he's enjoying his freedom in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 14406/24/2013

Copy his hard drives, kick him off to the next country.

But who's he really working for? Does he even know? Maybe he's unwittingly infecting the intelligence stream of every one of his hosts' networks with some plausible misinformation or a virus that will make their security systems transparent.

This is a story with potentially many layers.

by Anonymousreply 14506/24/2013

Apparently he's still in the airport in Moscow. Does anyone think our CIA has people there watching for him and ready to grab him and stuff him on a private plane headed for DC?

by Anonymousreply 14606/27/2013

Sounds like the movie "Terminal"

by Anonymousreply 14706/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!