Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mob Activity on the Rise in Upstate NY, Innocent woman shot on terrace of the Metro Court

Poor Olivia!

by Anonymousreply 60007/13/2013

I fear the end of Shawn and Alexis.

P.S. thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

Poor Olivia? I'm waiting for the scene in which she thanks Sonny for letting her take the bullet. "As long as you weren't hurt, Sonny." And now Shawn is confessing to ensure Sonny is not blamed. FV and RC have regressed horribly after spending so much time dismantling the mob. In fact, the latest promo is All-Sonny-All-The-Time, taglined "The Summer of Sonny". We can look forward to endless scenes of Sonny raging against those who threaten his children and throwing things across his office. Bizarre show direction, FV. DISAPPOINTING show direction.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Rumours have it that John Reilly (ex-Sean Donely) is taping scenes in July that will air for August. Sean and Tiffany's daughter will be upsetting Anna and Duke's homelife, and Sean's appearence will be worked into that teenage character's story. He may also be around to attend Mac and Felicia's wedding.

Sharon Wyatt has quit show business due to her health situation.

Also rumoured: Kirsten Storms is leaving and Michelle Stafford may be coming. Both actresses have gone to Twitter to deny the rumours, but this means nothing. Rumours are Stafford will be playing Sabrina's older sister.

If this is true, let's hope GH is not going the direction of Maria Arena Bell's disastrous Y&R which relied way too much on stunt casting. They already have Maura West - use her to her full potential!!!

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

I think RC and FV backburned Sonny and the mob and brought back fan faves just to encourage interest in the 50th anniversary events. Now that that has died down, expect Sonny to reassume center stage. Someone at ABC thinks Maurice is an electric presence, and he recently inked a new contract, so they weren't going to let Sonny remain dormant for long.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

Another teenager? Oh Brother!

I would love Johnny to return in a gay prison romance. Maybe Rafe can be sent to prison for a misdemeanor and Johnny can show him the ropes. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

MB back front-and-centre is pushing me away from the show. All of Guza's characters are back dictating story, Tracy and Luke are together again ... it's getting quite boring again.

by Anonymousreply 606/23/2013

Stafford as Sabrina's sister ? Sabrina is a Latina from Puerto Rico. Plus, MS is far too old.

I think that drop is fake.

by Anonymousreply 706/23/2013

Sheesh, I'm FFing plenty here lately as it is. Very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 906/23/2013

When are Frank and Ron going to be bringing the Ford brothers to Port Charles? The older one can lecture at the hospital about dealing with gynecomastia patients, while the other two can play orderlies who don't have scrubs to wear because the hospital laundry has gone on strike.

by Anonymousreply 1006/23/2013

[quote]Stafford as Sabrina's sister ? Sabrina is a Latina from Puerto Rico. Plus, MS is far too old.

Stafford can play Sabrina's biological mother who gave her up for adoption to protect her from her bio daddy's criminal activities and gangster life.

Dun, dun, dun!

by Anonymousreply 1206/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1306/23/2013

Another fucking soap thread? You people are INSANE!

by Anonymousreply 1406/23/2013

This show is a horrible mess.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

Agreed. I have been FF a lot. Hope the Laura & Lucy "Bare Essence" story is watchable.

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

At least under JFP/Guza, the show had great production values and the stories had focus. Under Frank, the show just looks so cheap and shoddy, and Ron's stories are just all over the map and totally illogical.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

I can understand and even appreciate Uncle Frank's style of steely-eyed budget management. GH would be just a memory if not for that. Ron Carlivati though has to go down as one of the most clueless and uncreative head writers in the history of soaps. As a team they bring out the absolute worst in each other.

Everything is "paint by numbers" with them. I agree that they enjoyed nice, long ride with the 50th anniversary returns leading to the big gimmick of the Nurses Ball as well as snagging some displaced OLTL viewers with more stunt casting but all that is over now and it's time to put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 1806/24/2013

Ava was behind the shooting

by Anonymousreply 1906/24/2013

Good god. Did I actually have to see Bovina trying to cover up her ta tas? I have to laugh everytime her and that pasty twink Bambi try to mock some sort of sexy attraction. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2006/24/2013

Tracy and Luke are not back together. She is just there for support for his doctor's appointment. She already made it clear that she is not settling for anything less than real love and a real relationship, not a home base where Luke can recuperate from his disappearing acts.

Also, RC is not master storyteller that is for sure, but not all the returns qualify as stunt casting. A.J., Anna, Duke and soon Laura and Lucy, are actively involved with storyline. Maura West is turning out to be a showstopper and is getting favorable feedback. There are way too many characters and the cast needs to be cutback; but I fear none of RC's lackluster newbies will be among them. A return to Guza is not the answer either. I am willing to stick it out with Cartini because there is some good stuff going on.

by Anonymousreply 2106/24/2013

To be quite honest, Maura West is the only thing saving this show right now. If they haven't signed her to a long term contract, they're idiots.

by Anonymousreply 2206/24/2013

Maura West is waaaaay too good for this show. And especially way too good for Cartooni's awful writing. No real actress can flourish with his camp schtick. I shudder everytime I think of how he reduced some of OLTL's powerhouse actresses.

by Anonymousreply 2306/24/2013

She's making it work for me. I hate to admit it but I do like young dumb full of cum Morgan. He's charming and I am facisnated at how they're going to solve the cousin issue between Michael and Lauren. If they undo Michael's paternity, I will be majorly pissed. Any ideas on how they could solve the cousin issue? Personally I think Ron cares more about Roger and Kristen being father and daughter than the history of GH.

by Anonymousreply 2406/24/2013

Ron cannot write a complex character to save his life. Morgan as a generic Ford ripoff is so lazy. And two of them fighting over a walking troll doll? It's like some bad SNL skit.

by Anonymousreply 2506/24/2013

R23 I think the camp had been way toned down lately. I have a feeling FV might be concerned about falling ratings. The scenes between Maura and Ian Buchanan were great and not campy.

by Anonymousreply 2606/24/2013

I thought Maura's scenes with Roger on Friday were great.

Morgan needs to either wax his chest or let his chest hair grow. This in-between thing doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 2706/24/2013

I can't stand Sonny and mob related story-lines. Why can't GH do regular stories like they do on other soaps??

by Anonymousreply 2806/24/2013

Couldn't agree more about the chest thing, VoTN.

FV, are you listening?

by Anonymousreply 2906/24/2013

I'm on Team Chest Hair, BTW.

Chad Duell brings the twink. Let Morgan bring the otter.

by Anonymousreply 3006/24/2013

FYI, Olivia and Duke are Ava's parents.

by Anonymousreply 3106/24/2013

I know that soap parentage is a spongy thing, but I think I'd have a hard time buying Ian Buchanan and Tonja Walker as Maura West's parents.

by Anonymousreply 3206/24/2013

[quote]FYI, Olivia and Duke are Ava's parents.

Alright, how does that old saying go? "I just sprayed Diet Coke on my keyboard from laughter. You owe me a new one!"

by Anonymousreply 3306/24/2013

It looks like AJ is finally losing weight.

by Anonymousreply 3406/24/2013

Now if he would only learn to act.

by Anonymousreply 3506/24/2013

Last week Tracy made a crack about AJ being 30 pounds heavier.

by Anonymousreply 3606/24/2013

Too bad they can't figure out any other way besides shaming Sean Kanan into losing weight. I figure they must have tried everything else and now they've got his co-workers making cracks about his character being fat.

by Anonymousreply 3706/24/2013

There is actually alot to like about this show if they would just stop the mob shit once and for all. I'm wondering if ABC told the writers to put Sonny back in front and center. There must have been a rabid fan group out there missing his black shoe polish hair and bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 3806/24/2013

What are all of those non-mobular things to like?

by Anonymousreply 3906/24/2013

As a OLTL fan I tuned back into GH after years of ignoring it because I wanted to follow the characters brought over. But, soon after the Nurse's Ball I found I would fast forward most of the show and finally just gave up again. There wasn't one story I cared enough about to bother viewing at all.

by Anonymousreply 4006/24/2013

Chad Duell shirtless is like a prepubescent. The guy has absolutely no muscle tone whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 4106/24/2013

It's probably his bottome half that keeps KA happy and calling him "The love of my life" at the Emmys.

IA though he looks very mature from the waist up including his face, a little doofy too. Not RH doofy but just a little.

NuMorgan I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 4206/24/2013

KA got a set of plastic titties right before the Emmys, or at least I never noticed she had them before photos of that night.

She has been showing them off on GH, as if that's going to make her sexy.

Watching CD and her screwing would be like watching two slugs go at it.

by Anonymousreply 4306/25/2013

I really can't see them casting Michelle Stafford. They already have so many 40 and 50 something women. And so many characters, period.

I'd actually be happy if Spinelli and Maxie disappeared. Kirsten Storms hasn't done anything interesting since she returned. They really need to start cutting some of the fat, and focus on the characters that are working.

by Anonymousreply 4406/25/2013

They'd never do it, but I could see Michelle Stafford as a new character having a lesbian affair with Laura Wright's Carly. I wonder which of them would survive; you know one of them isn't going to make it out alive.

by Anonymousreply 4506/25/2013

Carly's snatch would eat all others alive.

by Anonymousreply 4606/25/2013

MS' character might give her a few well-placed dents and scratches but I think Carly would win. She's a mean damn sociopath and she's not going to let anyone take her down.

by Anonymousreply 4706/25/2013

Carly's hair is a fried split-ended mess. Same with Lizzy. They need some moisturizer treatments . Why did they get rid of the original Connie/Kate she was so much better than this blonde chick .

Why did Kristen Storms leave the first time ? Endometriosis my uterus !!! Gimme a break what is the real story ?

Luke is a solid bore now , he and Tracey have lost their charm.

Is Kim McCullough (robin) ever coming back?

Lante sucks and Dante he is a really boring character .

Todd/Franco is creepy and not attractive .

Does anyone remember Reese the FBI agent who fell in love with sonny? GH fired her for becoming pregnant

One of the best storylines for me was when Sam had her own tv show "everyday heroes" and the producer was the daughter of man that Sam had conned and killed she was gaslightling Sam it was pretty good . I kind of liked Claudia Zacccara played by ex Carly

by Anonymousreply 4806/25/2013

We were talking about Kari Wurther (Reese) and her lawsuit against ABC and GH a couple of weeks ago, R48. They must have paid her a pile of money to settle that suit because she had other actresses lined up to testify that they had been fired by ABC because they got pregnant.

FV fired GH's hairdressers and makeup people when he took over. Nobody's hair or makeup has looked good since then. They use really cheap synthetic extensions and they look like crap.

I liked Megan Ward as Kate, but all this one does is mug. She's awful.

All anyone seems to know about Kirsten Storms' long medical leave is that she got a job doing that Soap Dish reality show and she got her friend Kelly Monaco a job there too. Storms had either one or two DWI convictions, and Monaco is a known barfly. Everyone figured they were doing drugs and were probably screwing up badly enough someone raised hell about it. Storms got put on medical leave.

Or she had endometriosis.

by Anonymousreply 4906/25/2013

Is Stafford that Scientologist?

by Anonymousreply 5006/25/2013

[quote] Chad Duell shirtless is like a prepubescent. The guy has absolutely no muscle tone whatsoever.

Agree. It's his monster dick that is making Alderson go wee...wee!!

Morgan (wasn't he suppose to originally be around the same age as best selling author Molly Davis?) has nice hair placement on his legs. He's not a very good actor but he's got the body 'monster dick Duel' is missing.

by Anonymousreply 5106/25/2013

Thanks, R49. You are right they all look like shit lately... Alexis is just plain matronly-looking and so not Alexis...That soap reality show was sooo boring !

Everyone should catch Kari Wurther in Stephen King's "Thinner"

by Anonymousreply 5206/25/2013

Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 5306/25/2013

R50, yes Stafford is a scieno, there was a rumor that she bullied Murphy Chancellor (Michael fairman) after left Scientology and that is why he was never on Y&R anymore....the bully Michelle Stafford got her come comeuppance by being cut from Y&R

by Anonymousreply 5406/25/2013

Maurice would look so much better if he'd ditch the black shoe polish hair and just go grey.

by Anonymousreply 5506/25/2013

It's the smaller things that work on GH while the big stories reek. Lucy and Laura bringing back Deception. Duke and Ava.

The Howarth/West double act was great acting until you remember he's playing Franco the homicidal maniac who they tried to whitewash overnight. It does not work. The Franco and Kiki crud is execrable but Dr. Clay is even worse. And I'm sorry, mob queen Ava having to get dolled up as a hotel maid and shoot at Franco herself, with no hitman, is sheer camp and not in a good way.

Agreed Morgan needs to go against Uncle Frank and keep the fur. Over on OLTL Andrew Triscuit got laid today. Here's hoping they haven't made him trim too. (Fuck off troll, we discussed the Triscuit here long before you or your room temp IQ stalkee arrived and will continue to do so without a permission slip, cunt)

by Anonymousreply 5606/25/2013

The actor who plays Morgan is tapping the actress who plays Britt.

Guess he goes for the older chicks.

by Anonymousreply 5706/26/2013

Bovine? Oh Laura.

by Anonymousreply 5806/26/2013

Bovina is reserved for Starriki. I cannot believe they are actually having her try to show off her fake tits. How does anyone watch this and not burst out laughing? Between her and Bambi, it's like sex on Sesame Street.

by Anonymousreply 5906/26/2013

A couple of months ago the show was touting Anna, Duke, Felicia, Mac, AJ, Monica, Lucy, Laura, Scotty.... They gave you the indication that was where they were going with the stories. I thought they were moving toward integration of new and older characters. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 6006/26/2013

I understand all the complaints about how often the vets are on but the vets cost TONS of money! Thy can show someone like Sabrina 3-4 times a week for the cost of a vet like Laura, Anna etc

by Anonymousreply 6106/26/2013

If they would cut all those extraneous cast members (like Sabrina), they could afford to use their better cast members. I'm sure KA doesn't work cheap, and she's on way too much.

by Anonymousreply 6206/26/2013

Actually liking Howarth as Franco. This Silas shit has got to go.

by Anonymousreply 6306/26/2013

r61, get real. If you think those two dolts Howarth and Easton don't cost more than the vets, you're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 6406/26/2013

I would bet that most of these vets are not working for much these days. They need their jobs and the networks know that they don't have much else going for them.

by Anonymousreply 6506/26/2013

Not sure all of those out of work vets are demanding a lot of money. I believe the big bucks are going to the new older crowd. Sabrina, Morgan and Ellie probably are not making big bucks but you better believe ME, RH, KA and MW are not cheap. They messed up with Luke's illness, probably due to the demands of the biggest diva on the show, Tony Geary. Died in the wool alcoholic Luke, who keeps insisting he is not an alcoholic while drinking morning, noon and night, will not be sick due to anything real but because of yet another campy 80s ripoff - Helena C. slowly poisoning him to death. Everytime they have a chance to do a real storyline, RC bails for something ridiculous like this scifi junk I thought was over with.

by Anonymousreply 6606/26/2013

The vets are a little more expensive, but most are working for health benefits and some spending change. For instance the guy who plays Morgan is probably making $1000 per episode with a 2 day guarantee. On the other hand they are probably paying Finola between 4 and 5 thousand an episode for a one day guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 6706/26/2013

r67 The are making less than $1000 per day. Newbies make at most like $500 per episode.

by Anonymousreply 6806/26/2013

R68, stop being an idiot. Read the SAGAFTRA agreement for daytime actors. It specifies the minimum that actors can make. It's something like $978, but most round up to a $1000. God I hate morons.

by Anonymousreply 6906/26/2013

r69 Calm down. Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 7006/26/2013

How does that work, R64? Because PC, OLTL and GH are ABC, are RoH, ME and KA's years of service continued on now that they're with GH? That would make all of them expensive.

I've read that actors who worked on GH previously have that time tacked onto their seniority when they return. That means actors like those who were brought back from the 80s and SK aren't classified as newcomers when it comes to pay scale.

Of those who are on contract (which leaves out Rachel Ames, Jackie Zeman, Leslie Charleson and Stuart Damon), and actively working (leaving out Kristina Wagner and John J. York), TG has the most time at GH, with MB second.

I'm not sure anyone else could be classified as vets because the actors I've listed are the only ones with more than 20 years. Rachel Ames and Stuart Damon probably don't count because they only came back for the anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 7106/26/2013

R71, with all of the pay cuts that became the norm in the last decade, it seems that the network can pay whatever the actor agrees to take. I guess the only bottom is the minimum that the union specifies?

by Anonymousreply 7206/26/2013

I'm surprised that no one has commented on Sean's weightless. Frank more or less threatened him.

As for salaries, the top five earners on GH are, 1) Maurice, 2) Tony, 3) Roger, 4) Laura, 5) *tie Kelly and Michael

by Anonymousreply 7306/26/2013

I don't have it in me to feel sorry for any ABC actor who gets a good talking to for gaining weight. The network has been notorious for their attitude toward their actresses' weight; that's why there are so many anorexics at ABC.

by Anonymousreply 7406/26/2013

Maurice makes more than Tony ? How does that work ?

by Anonymousreply 7506/26/2013

Tony has outs that Maurice doesn't have.

by Anonymousreply 7606/26/2013

Tony only works part of the year. He takes long vacations.

by Anonymousreply 7706/26/2013

Ron's gotta be seething. Oprah just picked up OLTL and AMC.

They're both firing on all cylinders right now.

by Anonymousreply 7806/26/2013

Lets relax and have BLTs.

by Anonymousreply 7906/26/2013

Thx for the heads up R78. Finally, something worth watching on OWN.

by Anonymousreply 8006/26/2013

Last year Oprah said she wouldn't air the soaps because nobody watches them anymore. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 8106/26/2013

OLTL back on TV!!

I hope it does well along with AMC!

by Anonymousreply 8206/26/2013

She probably saw the interest for PP and realized she was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 8306/26/2013

I thought Oprah didn't even control programming anymore?

by Anonymousreply 8406/26/2013

R81: What happened? Some other saps picked up the production costs, and now Oprah can distribute them for a pretty low fee, and on a limited run (meaning she can them loose if they bomb). It's an excellent deal for her.

by Anonymousreply 8506/26/2013

How does anyone know if FV threatened Sean Kanan? He is hardly obese. Is that why we never see Epiphany?

by Anonymousreply 8606/26/2013

Epiphany's not a first-string character involved in romance plots, R86. Big difference.

by Anonymousreply 8706/26/2013

The OWN network news is hilarious when O herself told AMC and OLTL fans there was no market for the cancelled shows when they lobbied her to produce them.

I don't think she was entirely wrong in terms of the usual year round 5 hours per week soap format but there's obviously still a big market for running scripted drama shows as opposed to nothing but cheap reality fare.

by Anonymousreply 8806/26/2013

Am I missing something regarding SK because I don't recall him being brought back to play a ripped underwear boy. He's back like every other vet for the face and character recognition. These people aren't 20 something hotties anymore- NONE of them. If that's what Cartini were looking for then that's what they should have hired.

by Anonymousreply 8906/26/2013

SK wasn't fat when they hired him. His looks are part of his job. He's not a guy who can pull off the extra weight and still look good.

by Anonymousreply 9006/26/2013

I like his character whether he's fat or thin. I'm really enjoying AJ.

by Anonymousreply 9106/26/2013

I'll rubs his pudgy belly while he consoles himself with a pint of Cherries Garcia. Sean, call me!

by Anonymousreply 9206/26/2013

First it was the second Bo Brady (Robert Kelker-Kelly), and now it may be the first. Rumours are strong that Peter Reckell has tested with Finola Hughes in scenes that depict the arrival of a new Jerome in town. Could Reckell be the Alejandro Jerome that RC tweeted about some weeks ago? Rumours are that Alejandro will not only be Alexis' teenage passion, but also Sam's bio daddy.

by Anonymousreply 9306/26/2013

The poster who said the little things are what makes GH interesting is right on - these little scenes with Duke and Anna or Mac and Felicia or Laura and Lucy are what makes GH entertaining to watch. The main stories are less entertaining.

I liked how it looked like Luke was going to Laura but in actuality sought out Anna for help. They are really determined to get the point across that Luke and Laura are ka-put. It is kind of sad that Luke isn't turning to Laura during this crisis and she's the one who is hunting down answers instead of Tracy, but time has moved on and so must we.

My Goodness, Felix has a nice jiggly bubble butt.

by Anonymousreply 9406/26/2013

He met with Sean about the fat jokes that started showing up in scripts. Frank and Sean are the same age, so Frank was frank with him and said that he needed to get back to the gym or they were going to increase the fat jokes and make it part of his storyline.

FYI, this fall all 4 Carly's will be on screen for a fun weeklong story they're calling this is your life Sonny Corinthos.

by Anonymousreply 9506/26/2013

Oprah is running Tyler Perry's soap with some success. I am sure this helped her to change her mind. Well that and what R85 wrote.

by Anonymousreply 9606/26/2013

R92 LOL VOTN! Me too! Love him.

by Anonymousreply 9706/26/2013

All 4 Carlys?!

Who gives a fuck about all 4 Carly's? Or Sonny Bore-inthos' life for that matter? Is FV and RC aware of how hated this character is?

by Anonymousreply 9806/26/2013

All 4 Carlys? Is this another one of RC's friggin camp stories? I swear the show has been on a good dramatic upturn, even with Franco due to RH and MW's great performances. If we have Danny start talking to the audience about what his illness really is, I will puke. GH is on its last legs and they need to keep it on track.

by Anonymousreply 9906/26/2013

R95 How do you know? Are you connected to the show in some way?

by Anonymousreply 10006/26/2013

SK has that hotness factor in that you just know he's really really porny in bed no matter how fit-fat or pudgy he may be. He looks like he would be game for anything. And he kisses like a hellish fuckbeast.

Roid head TC, on the other hand, looks like he'd be an absolute bore - in and out of bed. Electrifying he is not.

by Anonymousreply 10106/26/2013

Today's episode is what everyone wants more than the Sonny mob crap. And just for the record I'll take SK fat or skinny.

by Anonymousreply 10206/26/2013

Pretty sure Kanan was plump when they hired him back. We've been discussing his hot daddy status on here since last winter. Isn't he close to 50? Most men fill out like that with age.

by Anonymousreply 10306/26/2013

Meant to add though that it is not unheard of for FV to do that. Melissa Archer got a stern talking to about her weight many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10406/26/2013

Sean may have a few lbs. to lose, but he is so freaking hot.

A stud like him should have a little muscle behind him when he's wrestling you into bed.

by Anonymousreply 10506/26/2013

He made her cry r104. People felt really bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 10606/26/2013

Eye of the beholder I guess. He looks like a nebbish to me, and definitely not like he'd be good in bed.

by Anonymousreply 10706/26/2013

I am LOVING the scenes between Felix and Britt. Funny when she called Ellie that fish woman.

by Anonymousreply 10906/26/2013

"Fish girl" is the new "Starrfish" and I really like it. I'm only watching the Britt/Felix scenes at this point, because I don't give a damn about the rest of the show. Way to go, Ron!

by Anonymousreply 11006/27/2013

Playboy now wants Kristen Alderson to do a spread for the magazine showing off her hot new endowment. Frank plans to work it into Kiki's story.

by Anonymousreply 11106/27/2013

KS out as Connie/ Kate

by Anonymousreply 11206/27/2013

R111 Seems as if FV is determined to get this show axed. I know a lot of people who are bailing due to Kiki and Fake Franco; they see it as akin to another type of "Sonny takeover" with different characters and everyone else being backburnered ala Guza years. Seriously, the Alderson chick is just plain, generic and lacking any screen charisma. I have no idea why Cartini are so enamored of this clunker.

by Anonymousreply 11306/27/2013

Ron is probably salivating at thought of writing his annual rape story for Kiki.

by Anonymousreply 11406/27/2013

Alderson isn't plain. She's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11506/27/2013

Connie has run her course. Looks like it's Sonny and Olivia. I'll fast forward as long as Sonny's in it.

by Anonymousreply 11606/27/2013

They should have kept Connie batshit crazy. Sanity is not nearly as entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 11706/27/2013

I could not agree more, R117.

by Anonymousreply 11806/27/2013

Thanks to those of you up thread who confirmed my point that SK's drawing power is that people either like the character of AJ or the actor himself. A little extra weight particularly in a middle aged vet doesn't really matter. Their bod is not the reason they were brought back in the first place. The on air weight barbs are just rude and mean spirited and I wish they'd knock it the hell off.

by Anonymousreply 11906/27/2013

Would Tracy have made cracks like that about Alan's weight back in the day, even if FV/RC were there? I somehow doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 12006/27/2013

I think when they do something like that, it's their way of saying "Yeah, yeah, we all know what the fans are saying about us. We're in on the joke." The one I found much more shocking than the AJ weight comment was the one Franco made about Monica's face. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I'm not the only one who read some inference about LC's plastic surgery into it. That one I felt kind of bad about.

by Anonymousreply 12106/27/2013

Kelly Sullivan leaving saddens me yet doesn't surprise me. She had a great run with Connie but if they are integrated there's not much else to tell. Sonny and Olivia don't do much for me though.

by Anonymousreply 12206/27/2013

Sooo ... Franco will save little Danny's life, right?

Lulu and Dante will engage in custody battle with Maxie for "their baby" and at the last minute, they will discover Britt actually has their bio-baby, right?

by Anonymousreply 12306/28/2013

R123, I'm predicting a twist; Franco's being shoved down our throats but having him save a kid's life?

Well, ironically, that's something more Y&R would do to make us like that new guy -- Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 12406/28/2013

R123, oh! I did not know that Britt has Dante and Lulu's bio baby! I missed that somehow.

by Anonymousreply 12506/28/2013

Tracy made cracks about Anna's weight. Why is no one up in arms about that one?

by Anonymousreply 12606/28/2013

r123, Cartooni's tired plots are evident miles away.

by Anonymousreply 12706/28/2013

I don't recall Tracy and Anna even having share a scene so maybe that's why r126. The jabs about SK's weight have been on going are coming across to me as some major off screen bitchiness that I really don't want to see dragged on screen.

I'm not crazy about the forced "fish girl" jokes either. The writers created and named the character Ellie TROUT. If they only did it in order to hammer a lame joke into the ground then that's their problem. I don't think they have any clue why "fish girl" is actually a more likable and relatable character than their fairy tale princess/Ugly Betty ripoff is.

Behind the scenes shit needs to stay there. Some of the nastiness creeping on screen lately is looking very unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 12806/28/2013

Morgan is fug.

by Anonymousreply 12906/28/2013

What a mess this show is. I will never, ever understand what in the holy hell is the obsession with Michael Easton. I despised him and his character on OLTL, but on GH, he looks even more old, haggard, bored, etc, etc. Why they bent over backwards to keep him is an unsolved mystery for the ages. Between him and Maurice 'shoe polish' Benard, it's a fright fest.

Howarth looks like an odd breed from a bird sanctuary. What a mistake. And this is coming from someone who thinks he actually puts forth some effort on the new OLTL.

Kissing cousins triangle is laughable at best. A twink, a troll, and a moron. And the three of them combied have the sex appeal of a slug.

And I still see that Ron has the same paper-thin commitment to vets as he did on OLTL. Reduced to caricatures trapped in bad plot after bad plot.

by Anonymousreply 13006/28/2013

I hate to admit it, but I have been losing interest slowly but surely in this show. I've missed three episodes this week, and really don't care. I used to make an effort to catch up on YT, but I couldn't be bothered. The new Sonny emphasis has turned me off; the reworked OLTLers has been a hot mess; there are so many characters and stories that nothing is being truly developed and things are being told at light speed, and there is something overall trashy about the show that's hard to articulate.

FV should stay, RC should go or at least get a vet co-head writer who can reign him in.

by Anonymousreply 13106/28/2013

I also missed three so far this week. Prob wont bother with today.

by Anonymousreply 13206/28/2013

Dominic Zampragno may be the next to exit the show after his contract runs out in the Fall.

Britt and Nikolas will be paired off.

Kathleen Gati (Dr Obrecht) is back on set now taping scenes.

Rumours are Lindze Letherman will be making a ghostly drop-in as the late Georgie Jones in the next couple of weeks.

Robin Mattson will be popping up throughout the summer.

Vanessa Marcil will no doubt be back late summer for another story arc.

Two new male actors in their 40s are beginning taping after the holidays, probably Jeromes. Meanwhile, it will be revealed that Silas Clay will have a Jerome connection - through Ava and Sam's bio father.

September will see the return of familiar faces (possibly to resume the Robin story).

by Anonymousreply 13306/28/2013

I wish they could bring back Sarah Brown/Claudia Z. She was fire!

by Anonymousreply 13406/28/2013

DZ being pushed out wouldn't surprise me at all. All the same signs are there just like Kelly Sullivan, Brandon Barash, Brad Anderson etc. They all got pushed so far into the background that you could easily forget they're even there.

Cartini really need to watch it. The show's becoming unrecognizable and their new characters aren't clicking with viewers. There's also the perception that they're trying to turn the show into OLTL 2.0 which even I as a displaced OLTL fan am not enjoying.

They seem to be screwing up on every level here.

by Anonymousreply 13506/28/2013

Kelly Sullivan was on the show non-stop for months with that ridiculous DID storyline. Good riddance if they are taking a break from her. However, the rest of the show is really tanking. Two days this week was full of vets for their monthly appearance and it was the best days of the week. Of course we will now see them again next month. RC actually tweeted a copy of the scene with Duke/Mac where they discussed Robert and his condition and how he is doing but it apparently got cut in the editing room: that is on FV, not RC so he apparently has no use for Robert Scorpio or a mention of him. The Franco and Kiki takeover is too much for me. RH with that horrible blond hair is vomit-inducing to look at. After today the groundwork is now laid for a Franco/Carly hookup.

by Anonymousreply 13606/28/2013

Watched an episode last night after about 3 weeks. It was pitiful. Britt rolling all over Port Charles in a wheelchair....Felix's lousy actress sister announcing she had sex..oh and not for the first time and ...the set up for Geary's vacation as he goes off to find his "cure". I ended up hit FF through most of it.

by Anonymousreply 13706/28/2013

Did they film the scene ala the deleted scenes from the Nurse's ball?

by Anonymousreply 13806/28/2013

I'm enjoying Felix's sister and would love to see her and Britt scheme together.

by Anonymousreply 13906/28/2013

Peter Reckel cast as Sams father.

by Anonymousreply 14006/28/2013

r139, I like the actress playing Felix's sister too but this character is just being shoved down our throats as a token troublemaker of a custom-made triangle. The Molly-TJ-Taylor triangle is ready-made packaged without any foundation. TJ and Taylor met and had sex within days, Molly and Taylor are - BANG! - rivals, Molly runs into Rafe's arms ... it's all going too fast.

If Molly and Taylor became rivals at school and then TJ was thrown into the mix so we could have an organically grown circle of relationships, it would be much more engaging to watch. But as it is, it's forced, intrusive, superficial and boring.

by Anonymousreply 14106/28/2013

Because all soaps writers do today is stupid plot driven writing. Character writing is long dead on soaps. The Internet OLTL is no better. It was character writing that drew people to soaps for decades and stupid plot driven writing that has made so many stop watching.

Scenes were once long and gut wrenching. We knew what made the characters tick like we knew our own family. Today they are all cartoons.

Very sad the only way to see really good soap is to go to Youtube and look for old clips from before the late 90s, not just GH, but from all the soaps. OLTL like GH was at it's very best in the early to mid 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 14206/28/2013

I know Roger Howarth has been around forever, but I've only seen his recent work on GH. Has he always been this over the top. I can't stand watching him. Maura West plays subtle so well and Howarth does not. Is it the GH writing or is this just his style?

On a different note, I liked how they wrote Morgan's real-life injury into the show. As himbos go, I kind of like him. Rafe, however, is a snooze.

by Anonymousreply 14306/29/2013

R142, the problem is that younger viewers complain about character-driven stories and say they're boring. They have the attention span of gnats and they're used to getting information via sound bites. They have no interest in watching slow-paced dramas based on human interactions.

Some marketing genius came up with the idea that the target demographic should be the 18-49 group (sometimes even 18-24), because anyone older than that is too set in their ways to try new products. With few exceptions shows are written for that group who are generally too young to enjoy traditional soaps.

Y&R has ignored that and done very well by appealing to an older audience. GH is being written for five year olds.

by Anonymousreply 14406/29/2013

Howarth used to be a far better actor than he is now. He's probably bored and he thinks the jokey stuff is more fun. He's doing himself no favors.

by Anonymousreply 14506/29/2013

Eh, I'm not sure Roger Howarth was ever that great but like most soap actors who never moved on he managed to luck into a far better written and much more compelling character than what we see now.

That says a lot about both his talents and the current GH creative team.

But all have made a truckload of money so screw the annoying viewers.

by Anonymousreply 14606/29/2013

Greg Rikaart has officially come out .

by Anonymousreply 14706/29/2013

I disagree with r142: NuOLTL has a lot of character writing today to the point that people are beginning to complain the stories like the Todd/Victor mystery are moving at a snail's pace. I think Trevor Saint John's availability has made it difficult for them, but I have enjoyed all the quiet face time with Natalie, Bo Nora and Matt, Tea and Danielle, Todd and Blair and their children- even Rama and Vimal. It's old school.

GH is too plot driven and campy and OLTL has been smarter but too easygoing. Hopefully the new writers will snap it up. The conspiracy storyline is finally moving again.

by Anonymousreply 14906/29/2013

I am not sure. RC tweeted a copy of the script. He said it was important to him too and he was disappointed it was left out. He could be lying too. He may have written it and decided not to film it himself. Who knows? From here on in, Franco has replaced Sonny as the resident bad guy who is really good guy. The fact that KA won an Emmy will no doubt raise her even higher in Cartini's estimation so she will also be sharing the limelight, to the overall detriment to the show. Expect ratings to keep falling.

by Anonymousreply 15006/29/2013

R149 I think the reason OLTL is better is the half hour format makes for a tighter, well-paced show that does not have time for useless filler. Soaps may have made a mistake by expanding in the first place because 5 hours a week, 52 weeks a year requires a lot of creativity in order to keep it interesting and not repeating stories over and over.

Y&R was smart enough to know they were never going to bring in a teenage audience and kept writing for the loyal audience they did have. As a result, they still retain the number 1 slot, even though, like all of daytime, they have lost viewers to other choices. GH grows more dreadful by the day and is still doing the Cassadine scifi schtick with Luke vs Helena - totally boring and ridiculous. So far, most of RC's writing is recycling GH 80s storylines.

by Anonymousreply 15106/29/2013

Carlivati just cannot serve as a headwriter. Plain and simple. He may have SOME good ideas here and there, but he's awful at long-term story arcs and even worse at character development. The biggest offense is how camp overtakes the entire show, which essentially causes the viewer to be removed from the "reality" of the drama. It is exactly what happened on OLTL.

It's quite telling when a show like DAYS is more grounded and character-driven than GH.

by Anonymousreply 15206/29/2013

What is R150 talking about? How about use a quote or indicate who you're replying to, dude.

by Anonymousreply 15306/29/2013

See R136, R153.

by Anonymousreply 15406/29/2013

FYI, Lulu is pregnant with the next Cassadine heir.

by Anonymousreply 15506/29/2013

STFU r155! If Stavros raped Lulu that is beyond disgusting. I hope RC doesn't go there.

by Anonymousreply 15606/29/2013

There was no rape. Lulu consented to fucking Stavros and who could blame her.

by Anonymousreply 15706/29/2013

RC loves his rape stories. I could see him writing another rape because he's obviously run out of ideas.

He loves to write insta-dramas, and he thinks rape is drama. Too bad he can't write emotions or a coherent story and he's too ADD to finish anything he starts.

by Anonymousreply 15806/29/2013

r150, I don't think headwriters have control over what is cut and what isn't. They may have input, but producers have that veto. If RC wrote a scene, he more than likely wanted it to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 15906/29/2013

There is a weird rumour that Britt is carrying Lulu and Stavros' child.

by Anonymousreply 16006/29/2013

Infecting the Spencer bloodline with Cassidine DNA has been a long-held obsession of Helena's. It hardly started with Ron.

by Anonymousreply 16106/29/2013

Britt is pregnant with Lulu and Dante's kid. Maxie is pregnant with Maxie and Spinelli's kid. Lulu is pregnant with Lulu and Stavros' kid.

by Anonymousreply 16206/29/2013

[quote]There is a weird rumour that Britt is carrying Lulu and Stavros' child.

I haven't heard that one yet, but I suppose it could make some sense from the standpoint of Lulu having that condition that makes her unable to carry a full-term pregnancy. So, if Helena wanted an heir for Stavros, that bun would have to be baked in someone else's oven. Unless she had her super-duper crack medical team fix Lulu while she was still unconscious...

by Anonymousreply 16306/29/2013

if Britt is pregnant with Lulu and Dante's baby, Why did Ellie lie?

by Anonymousreply 16406/29/2013

She didn't. Britt's mom fixed everything.

by Anonymousreply 16506/29/2013

Great analysis R166. You are spot on with every point.

by Anonymousreply 16706/29/2013

I loved the Paris,TX storyline

by Anonymousreply 16806/29/2013

Maura West is one actress who rocks this show! She's great.

by Anonymousreply 16906/29/2013

I wish GiGi would pop into PC

by Anonymousreply 17006/29/2013

I love looking at Tyler Christopher! (wait, is that his name? The actor who was married in real life for two years to the Desperate Housewife Mexican actress)

I'm so glad they brought him back to General Hospital.

His husky body really turns me on with the husky chest, broad shoulders, large biceps, slender waist. He is muscular. He has lost quite a bit of weight over the past several months.

He is so low key in his acting. But I love viewing him.

by Anonymousreply 17106/29/2013

Lulu is pregnant now? I missed that.

Does anyone know why the longtime Lulu quite recently? To have a baby in real life maybe? Or to try for other acting jobs? Or pushed out for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 17206/29/2013

There's low key, r171, and then there is just flat-out flatlining.

The man's a bore.

by Anonymousreply 17306/29/2013

The only thing that I don't get about Tyler Christopher is his hair. I know he's losing it, but it looks weird, the way they fix it.

by Anonymousreply 17406/30/2013

R172, I understand it was a combination of factors. JMB had not been happy with the writing for her character for some time. She felt she was stuck playing a wife and once her character was given a child she would be even more stuck. Tony Geary is probably not going to be around much longer, which means she would have even less chance for good storylines. She's a very limited actress, but I doubt she knows that.

She had some successful cosmetic surgery to improve her looks, and afterward she had gotten some interest. It was time for her to make a change if she wanted her career to move forward.

by Anonymousreply 17506/30/2013

[quote]I wish GiGi would pop into PC

Good lord no unless she and Kristen Alderson could both put each other in comas by way of pouty chin jutting. And don't forget to clench those jaws before you swing ladies.

by Anonymousreply 17606/30/2013

I thought the actress playing Taylor looked familiar. She was on that flop ABC series 666 PARK AVENUE. The network is burning off the final episodes on saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 17706/30/2013

If 'trout mouth' Fath comes on GH, I'm outta there.

by Anonymousreply 17806/30/2013

What have lower class homely Fath and her half-wit real life boyfriend who also acted on General Hospital been doing all of this time since they left GH?

Fath and her half-wit boyfriend were on Dirty Soap for a while which was actually an interesting reality show on E!. (I think it was E!)

by Anonymousreply 17906/30/2013

Fath and Gay Rex broke up!

by Anonymousreply 18006/30/2013

Can't stand Tyler's tats... but he does have nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 18106/30/2013

Where did you find out they broke up R180?

I wonder how they are making a living.

In Dirty Soap, Fath and boyfriend were looking for a house to buy together in Los Angeles and talking possible marriage, but boyfriend (his name is Rex?) was reluctant on both.

by Anonymousreply 18206/30/2013

I can't believe how much weight Tyler Christopher and the gray-haired handsome man on Bold and Beautiful have lost in the past 3 or 4 months!

by Anonymousreply 18306/30/2013

It was interesting that the only person JMB thanked upon accepting her Emmy was Tony Geary.

by Anonymousreply 18406/30/2013

Farah and Jon Paul broke up months ago(maybe almost a year ago)

by Anonymousreply 18506/30/2013

Was that announced at the soap opera websites or something, R185.

What are their names....Farah what and Rex what?

I want to see if I can find info on how they are currently making a living.

They both seem like candidates for being a waitress and waiter.

by Anonymousreply 18606/30/2013

Is her name Farah Fath?

by Anonymousreply 18706/30/2013

JPL has a big dick, in case that has never been discussed on here. He could do porn with that cock.

by Anonymousreply 18806/30/2013

John Paul Lavoisier's (Rex) FB page.

Seems like they could still be together.

by Anonymousreply 18906/30/2013

I find Farah Fath icky. I wonder what horrors she has done to her hair in recent months and year(s)

by Anonymousreply 19006/30/2013

Surprised they would still be together. I think it was her idea to head to LA after the show was cancelled and I recall reading somewhere JPL saying how much he hated the West coast months later.

by Anonymousreply 19106/30/2013

Everything about Tyler looks so artificial now.

Spray on tan

Glue on hair

Sterioded up muscles

He doesn't look well, despite all these cosmetic enhancements which are supposed to make us think he looks fantastic. His skin looks really bad.

Frankly, I think Sean Kanan looks much healthier than Tyler, even if Sean is packing on some extra pounds.

by Anonymousreply 19207/01/2013

I still like looking at Tyler Christopher, especially when he wears a short sleeved polo shirt.

by Anonymousreply 19307/01/2013

Is that a piece that TC is wearing? Or plugs?

by Anonymousreply 19407/01/2013

Love Genie Francis, but she's got to light up on the facial expressions. That "dying-calf-in-a-hailstorm" look she gives as overly concerned parent is a bit insincere after a while.

by Anonymousreply 19507/01/2013

I really thought that JPL and FF would have broken up after giving a very good performance of being a real-life couple on that very scripted "Dirty Soap" shit.

Didn't Kirsten Storms come out and say how scripted the show was?

by Anonymousreply 19607/01/2013

Yes, R196. As I recall, she wasn't happy about her mean girl writing.

by Anonymousreply 19707/01/2013

R195, that overly concerned expression (like Anne on The Today Show) has also given Genie Francis way premature deep permanent furrows between her eyes and other wrinkles.

Interesting that you mention that, R195, as I have been thinking the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 19807/01/2013

It might not be GF who's doing that. FV micromanages the taping of GH and he often stops taping and tells actors how he wants them to look and act.

by Anonymousreply 19907/01/2013

The idea that Bambi actually needs to ask for "help" staying away from sexual situations with his own cousin is ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous is that anyone would consider Bovina sexually desirable. And you know they think they are creating gold in the writing room of hacks.

by Anonymousreply 20007/01/2013

Catching some of today's show and it's just downright awful. And WHAT is that thing on Tyler C's head?

by Anonymousreply 20107/01/2013

Maura West wiped the floor with Laura Wright today! If it wasn't for her, the Franco story wouldn't be worth watching.

Shawn has Alexis' number - her hyprocrisy regarding Sonny is nauseating and one of this character's most frustrating flaws.

by Anonymousreply 20207/01/2013

R202, you are hilarious. You're acting as if Shawn and Alexis are real people in real lives rather than just fictional characters whose lives can be formulated in any way the writer wants and it doesn't matter who has flaws and who behaves in a way you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 20307/01/2013

Alexis has been hypocritical about plenty of other things besides Sonny. She and Carly are GH's resident hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 20407/01/2013

R203 doesn't understand how to talk about TV.

Genie Francis is such a hambone...I don't buy FV telling her to make her crazy faces because she did the same thing all the time on Y&R, though she managed to be entertaining in the at role occasionally.

GH sucks. Fire Carlivati.

by Anonymousreply 20507/01/2013

Is Epiphany sick? They hired a new fat nurse.

And for what it's worth, Maura West is the best thing to happen to GH since Gloria Monty.

by Anonymousreply 20607/01/2013

There was another fat AJ joke on today's show.

by Anonymousreply 20707/01/2013

Really, R207? RC and FV are such nasty queens. RC especially lives in a glass house, appearance-wise. He's no Sean Kanan.

by Anonymousreply 20807/01/2013

R205, I didn't watch GF on Y&R so I didn't know she made silly faces there. I was going by how FV coached Kelly Sullivan to get her to mug all the time.

by Anonymousreply 20907/01/2013

FV is the director also? That's weird. Genie has never been much of an actress to begin with. She is almost sleepwalking sometimes in her scenes and those clothes they have her wearing are so matronly and dowdy. Luke finally took off today after letting Tracy think she could go with him. Somehow, I can't imagine Tracy and Luke in that time of storyline together. She is way too corporate overall and basically good to provide the money. Tyler Christopher looked like a day glo crayola crayon today. He needs to stop hitting the tanning salon and it is obvious he got a wig or those extensions. He looked ridiculous. Yeah, Michael's line to A.J. about not going to the gym was a cheap shot.

by Anonymousreply 21007/01/2013

FV often takes over for the directors. He's gone from micromanaging the directors to actually directing. No wonder he doesn't have time to edit (and it's obvious).

He didn't like some shows they taped a few months ago, so he directed their retaping.

by Anonymousreply 21107/01/2013

I have to admit that even though AJ shot and kidnapped people and was just a bad person, it was sweet when he told Mikey that Mikey was his only friend.

by Anonymousreply 21207/01/2013

I think Tyler Christopher does NOT look ridiculous at all.

I'm glad GH brought him back and I enjoy him immensely.

His body is sexy, as is his face.

by Anonymousreply 21307/01/2013

I really find the TC bashing based on looks is bizarre. The man is not that bad looking. His personality, however, leaves alot to be desired.

r203 - why do you come to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 21407/01/2013

I don't know why, but Tracy Q reminds me of Meg Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 21507/01/2013

r214, I think people just remember what he looked like when he first appeared on the scene. He's aged and the lack of hair really fucked him.

by Anonymousreply 21607/01/2013

Word is John Reilly will be sticking around longer than intended, possiby on another recurring basis that all the other vets are enjoying. Sean Donely may be pivotal to the new action story planned for September, which will see other returning faces (Robin, Robert, Holly, Faison and Jerry Jax - and a returning Luke).

by Anonymousreply 21707/01/2013

R213 - you are obviously one of those crazy females from SON or whatever that board is. Hello, anyone whose skin looks shiny orange looks ridiculous. Please return to your bucket of chicken!

by Anonymousreply 21807/01/2013

More rumours: RH's Franco is not James Franco's Franco. Down the road, we'll find out that RH's Franco is actually Heather Webber's son.

A strange rumour is going around that Tracy has a child (daughter) that no one knows about.

Yet to be announced: Peter Reckell has been cast to play Sam's father and Anna's new lover.

by Anonymousreply 21907/01/2013

R216, Soapnet channel plays old episodes of General Hospital very late at night at 3:00am onward.

I watch them sometimes and Tyler Christopher looks almost exactly the same as he does right now.

The episodes Soapnet is playing at 3:00am and onward are often from 6 or 8 or 9 years ago.

People are being exaggerative in their criticism of his physicality.

by Anonymousreply 22007/01/2013

Is jasper Jacks coming back ?

by Anonymousreply 22107/01/2013

Not a word, but I kind of like it.

by Anonymousreply 22207/01/2013

arrogant ignorant asshole, R222

from (Random House Dictionary 2003)·a·tive [ig-zaj-uh-rey-tiv, -er-uh-tiv] S

adjective tending to exaggerate; involving or characterized by exaggeration.

Also, ex·ag·ger·a·to·ry [ig-zaj-er-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee]

Origin: 1790–1800; exaggerate + -ive

Related forms ex·ag·ger·a·tive·ly, adverb

non·ex·ag·ger·a·tive, adjective

non·ex·ag·ger·a·to·ry, adjective

un·ex·ag·ger·a·tive, adjective

un·ex·ag·ger·a·to·ry, adjective Unabridged Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2013. Cite This Source

World English Dictionary

Exaggerative is always a great word to know.

So is bezoar. Does it mean:

a calculus or concretion found in the stomach or intestines of certain animals, esp. ruminants, formerly reputed to be an effective remedy for poison.

a gadget; dingus; thingumbob.

Quote Of The Day

"Every farewell combines loss and new freedom."

-Mason Cooley MORE

by Anonymousreply 22307/01/2013

My R223 post ended at Random House 2013 Cite this source.

I don't know how someone else's post got hooked onto mine starting at "00:10 Exaggerative is always a great word to know."

Some technology glitch that put two posts together.

by Anonymousreply 22407/01/2013

R222, the tone of your response is horrid and makes me picture a piece of shit with shitfingers, busily typing away and overreacting to the slights of the Internet.

Still, I DO apologize for my error. I was sincere when I said I liked the word, and even typed it to check it in the browser spell check, where it got a squiggly red line. That'll teach me to be more thorough.

by Anonymousreply 22507/01/2013

Yes, r221 - Jerry Jax has always been slated to come back, as has Faison and Robert. All three will play into the Robin story. They are just taking their damn sweet time in getting back to that story.

They should have learned their lesson with their failure to wrap the Victor Lord Jr story up.

by Anonymousreply 22607/01/2013

R226, I thought a large part of the problem is that Kim McCullough has not wanted to come back to GH now that she's getting her directing career on track.

by Anonymousreply 22707/01/2013

Jax was recently on Dancing with the Stars and he lasted many weeks.

He lives in Hawaii with his wife and two young kids.

He participates in paddleboard races sort of as a profession.

(surfboards that you stand upright on and use a long paddle to move forward)

I can't stand Kim McCullough. Her being and voice and acting. I was glad they eliminated her character.

by Anonymousreply 22807/01/2013

[quote]I can't stand Kim McCullough. Her being and voice and acting. I was glad they eliminated her character.

Thank you, R228. Sometimes I think I'm the only one.

I've always disliked Robin, but I don't like Kimberly McCullough either. Major superior attitude going on there, with both of them.

by Anonymousreply 22907/01/2013

I agree r226. I'm neither here nor there on Robin. I just wish they'd wrap up one story before piling on more newbies or vet stunt returns that go nowhere. The show is really dragging with all the clutter that goes nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 23007/01/2013

Oh my freakin' lord, just watching today's episode (7-1-2013) of General Hospital on Soapnet channel, and Tyler Christopher is SMILING!

(during his chat with Lulu and Genie Francis)

I cannot believe it. I have never seen him SMILE before and certainly not recently!

Wow, he looks great today and the smiling....swoon.

Do you suppose he reads Datalounge and saw myself and others agreeing that he is a bit low key and a bit flatline and a bit too unanimated lately? Sure seems so.

I'm certain Alec Baldwin reads Datalounge because I was talking about how he needs to let his hair go gray and stop dying it a harsh unnatural orange-brown color (and others agreed; it was a whole thread) and soon after, he let his hair go all gray and natural.

by Anonymousreply 23107/01/2013

Why have they bleached the hair of the guy currently playing Franco on GH a very very harsh fake gold color with dark roots that looks HORRID and HORRENDOUS?

I have never seen such a HORROR of a bleach job on TV.

They cannot think it looks nice, can they?

(the actor who was on OLTL as father to Kristen on OLTL who currently plays Kiki on GH)

by Anonymousreply 23207/01/2013

Roger something

by Anonymousreply 23307/01/2013

Is it true that Kristen Alderson is going to pose for Playboy?!!

by Anonymousreply 23407/01/2013

Tyler Christopher's hair looks fabulous today - whatever it entails!

And I love his tan.

The person complaining about his tan should adjust the color on your TV. Individual TV color often distorts without you realizing it. Tyler's tan is just right and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 23507/01/2013

Roger Howarth

by Anonymousreply 23607/01/2013

So in a year, Roger will have played Todd, Franco, and whoever "Franco" is revealed to be at November sweeps?

by Anonymousreply 23707/01/2013

Steven Lars used to be the person on the canvas with the orangy hued spray one tan.

But with Scott Reeves gone (no doubt to Chick-fil-A), they brought in Tyler to fill the role of the character with the spray-on tan.

As an added bonus, Tyler brings his toupee with him too.

by Anonymousreply 23807/02/2013

RHs roots have been touched up. Did anyone notice Avas hair was parted on different sides whilst filming in the Q Mans?

by Anonymousreply 23907/02/2013

Bovina is SO HOT that twinks have to leave the country to resist her.

by Anonymousreply 24007/02/2013

So when Roger goes back to the East coast to tape the next batch of OLTL, will he wear a wig?

by Anonymousreply 24107/02/2013

The Bovina triangle is certainly a first. Two brothers who are both chubby chasers fighting over the same heifer!

by Anonymousreply 24207/02/2013

Is Alderson fat? She just looks...square.. to me. And she has a short torso. And stumpy legs. And that mouth and nose.

I think I could tolerate her (and be less brutal about her appearance) if she weren't constantly irresistible to all of her co-stars. If she were the friend of the ingenue, she would work so much better. But she's a terrible romantic lead, and doesn't have the acting talent to make up for her appearance's shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 24307/02/2013

And somehow Chad fell for K.A's charms, dumped his wife of two months and now pleasures her with his monster dick.

And she won the Emmy.. and the monster dick!

by Anonymousreply 24407/02/2013

I think KA's fuckable charms are lost on most gay men. I see hot guys with piggy women like that all the time and wonder what the hell the attraction is. KA is a little more "real-life" than the media ideal.

by Anonymousreply 24507/02/2013

R243, isn't she very very short?

She does appear squat and a bit chunky on camera during GH.

But at the recent Daytime Emmy Awards I thought she looked fantastic in her sparkling sequined evening dress - stunning, in fact.

What surprised me is how fantastic and stunning almost all of the actors/actresses looked at the Daytime Emmy Awards. Miles better looking there than in their daily soap opera roles.

And Lulu looked incredibly stunning in the see-through red lace dress at the Daytime Emmy's with her hair pulled back and upward into a top knot. I was shocked by how great and sexy and pretty she looked.

by Anonymousreply 24607/02/2013

I think it's funny that both GH and Young and Restless currently have an incest theme.

Kiki passionately kissing her cousin (who could resist that very cute boy) and Summer unknowingly dating her brother (and about to sleep with him) on Young and Restless.

Cousins sometimes do marry though even in the upper class. For example, Eleanor Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt who married were cousins.

by Anonymousreply 24707/02/2013

Kiki (Kristen) on GH does have a very short torso and stumpy legs.

And I think she's quite short which doesn't help her on camera.

I need to look up her age. She seemed to go from 12 or 13 on OLTL to lots of sex scenes on GH very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 24807/02/2013

I'm pretty sure at some point it's going to turn put that Kiki and Michael are not cousins.

If Peter Reckell is Anna's new interest, what is going to happen to Duke?

by Anonymousreply 24907/02/2013

I think the cousin angle is pretty lame. It's a catastrophe if you find out the guy/girl you are attracted to is your sibling, but a cousin? Is it really that big of a deal? Arranged marriages between cousins happens in the best of families. To separate them even more, their fathers' are half-brothers, for God's sakes.

by Anonymousreply 25007/02/2013

r245, what an ironic statement considering two gay men have been pushing her as some hot sexpot for years.

by Anonymousreply 25107/02/2013

R247 Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt were 6th cousins, not close at all. Theodore Roosevelt was her uncle though, and he walked her down the aisle. First cousin marriages are only legal in 20 states.

by Anonymousreply 25207/02/2013

To satisfy mainstream taste, the only solutions I can see out of this cousin thing are as follows:

1. Franco is not Franco - he is either a triplet, the real Jason Q, or Heather Webber's son ... which leads to the question is Kiki still his daughter (perhaps James Franco's Franco pretended RH's Franco's life was - the real Franco had a wife and daughter).

2. Michael is not a Q. Silly - the only man who could be his father (Tony Jones) is dead and that family has been wiped out; Tony's adopted son Lucas is slated to return, but he is, in fact, a Jerome by birth.

3. AJ is not a Q. Doesn't make sense to go back to his parentage since both Alan Sr and Rick Webber are dead and buried. And then AJ and Liz would be cousins, which seems to freak alot of veiwers out.

The only real option is to go by the first - RH's Franco is not James Franco's Franco. If he is the real Jason Q or a triplet, Kiki and Michael are still cousins. So it looks like the rumour that has been circulating that it will be revealed Heather is RH-Franco's mother could very well be true.

by Anonymousreply 25307/02/2013

New drinking game, drink every time there is a fat joke about AJ. Rob must be vicious. Talking about Monica's face and AJ's weight.

by Anonymousreply 25407/02/2013

[quote] Franco is not Franco - he is either a triplet[quote]

Which would still make him a Quartermaine and Michael & Kiki cousins.

by Anonymousreply 25507/02/2013

I realized that near the end of my post, r255 - you will see that I acknowledge that.

by Anonymousreply 25607/02/2013

[quote] Rob must be vicious

Ron, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 25707/02/2013

Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were first cousins. But their kids didn't come out too swell.

by Anonymousreply 25807/02/2013

I lost respect for Ron Carlivati when he forced Richard Simmons on us. I watched GH back then and Simmons was never an important part of the show. Just a colorful bit of freakiness that was better left forgotten.

I'll never understand why Ron C. likes the negative stereotypical gay characters. It took a shitstorm in the gay press to get him to clean up the Felix character and don't forget he hired Jean Passante, the woman who wrote the "Well of Loneliness"-esque ending for "As the World Turns."

It's time for a shake-up behind the scenes at GH or I predict cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 25907/02/2013

I stopped watching years ago. What was Steven Lars' exit story?

by Anonymousreply 26007/02/2013

How about Michelle Stafford when's she coming aboard ?

She could be Luke and Bobbie's long list list sibling.

by Anonymousreply 26107/02/2013

Stafford is going to be playing Audrey's older half-sister, the product of an adulterous relationship.

by Anonymousreply 26207/02/2013

There was a "shitstorm" about Felix BEFORE HE FUCKING AIRED, so I don't know how much stock to put in that. I think the shitstorm itself was deep self-loathing and homophobia. I do wish Felix would get a boyfriend (paging Lucas).

If Michelle Stafford comes aboard that could be interesting, but they'd need to axe a few people. Ava really needs to stay and be on contract, and the canvas is too crowded right now.

by Anonymousreply 26307/02/2013

Michelle Stafford is not coming to GH according to spoilers on Soap Opera Network. Just a fan rumor. As for Jean Passanante, I remember her saying in an interview during her tenure on ATWT that she did not think mainstream America was ready for a full out gay storyline which was probably the reason for no full out love scenes for either of Luke's pairings. I remember LMAO when Noah/Luke emerged in jeans from their 'first time' (offscreen of course) and eating ice cream with Lucinda!

by Anonymousreply 26407/02/2013

Luke and Noah jumping on the bed together the first time they had a chance to be alone--they literally jumped on the bed like five-year-olds--will always and forever be the topper of that silly saga.

by Anonymousreply 26507/02/2013

Was the Richard Simmons fiasco all on RC, or was FV involved too? That's usually an EP responsibility, not HW.

by Anonymousreply 26607/02/2013

Maura shone again today in her scenes with RH. If it weren't for her, nothing about that story would be interesting. RH comes off looking good when he's paired with West, but she makes anyone look good. One of those rare performers who has chemistry with anyone you put her in a scene with.

Laura and Tracy finally have a scene together - is it me, or can you just feel JE doesn't like GF? The tension makes it work for the characters.

Kind of ironic that Milo is the one who wants to get out of the mob and have a real life. I guess it's more about parading Milo around in shirtless scenes as a personal trainer at a spa than it is about political commentary on mob life.

Meanwhile, Sonny continues to make me laugh and puke at the same time with his worthless scenes. Man, I detest this character with a passion!

by Anonymousreply 26707/02/2013

R265 I forgot about that embarrassing and insulting scene with Luke and Noah. I am surprised the actors were not mortified.

I don't know why JE would not like GF. Do they even know each other that well? JE is so butch looking I can't take her as any straight guy's romantic interest. That is why Tracy and Luke, IMO, always came across as two friends hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 26807/02/2013

You know GH is bad when Daytime Confidential starts trashing it. Did Ron stop giving Jamey exclusive scoops or something?

by Anonymousreply 26907/02/2013

r266 RC and FV claim Richard Simmons called and begged to be part of the Nurses Ball. That doesn't mean they couldn't have written something better than a screaming queen gag for him though.

R259 his main gay couple on OLTL actually weren't negative stereotypical gay characters but Ron put people off from the start by leading with an idiotic big gay wedding where one vet character schemes to win election by ridiculously pretending come out as a lesbian and all the prop characters who objected to the wedding were over the top religious right type cartoons.

I agree about Felix. Nursing is a sensitive profession and I cringed too when he made his entrance squealing and whipping out a lipstick. That was poor judgment on Ron's part. I don't think the same unprofessional behavior would have gone over any better for any nurse of either sex, gay or straight. I like Felix better now that they've gotten away from that element.

by Anonymousreply 27007/02/2013

Even better, R270, they could have said no when Simmons asked.

by Anonymousreply 27107/02/2013

R269 if you're talking about the Five Fast Ways To Fix Franco column I agree with every word. I'm not sure even that would save this bomb but it's a start.

by Anonymousreply 27207/02/2013

Any chance GH could be renamed Ava Hospital. Maura is incredible. I am sure Laura Wright is having a fit behind the scenes. She can leave now. Love that Liz picked A.J.;for a badboy he is so vunerable and sexy. Cannot wait for Ava vs. Anna.

by Anonymousreply 27407/02/2013

R73 Daily episodes of "The Young And The Restless" are being shown on the TV Guide Network. That's probably why SoapNet is no longer running them. I wonder if Disney's realizing they should have stuck by SoapNet, it was originally planned to by Disney Junior by this point, but they seem to be leaving it alone. Too bad "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" belong to Prospect Park for another nine years, ABC will regret that decision.

by Anonymousreply 27507/02/2013

Maura West aka 'Michelle Pfeiffer clone' is the reason to watch this show now. She is great. Howarth has chemistry with her.

by Anonymousreply 27607/02/2013

I see her as more of a Kim Basinger clone.

by Anonymousreply 27707/02/2013

Agree with R277. Pfeiffer has never been interesting to me, unlike both Basinger and West.

by Anonymousreply 27807/02/2013

Did anyone notice the size of the condom TJ tore into with his teeth? It was huge! Bigger than a magnum. And supposedly Taylor brought the condom so I guess she has huge dick radar.

by Anonymousreply 27907/02/2013

When they were both on ATWT as Carly and Paul I always thought they should get RH and MW in scenes that they'd have great chemistry. Boy they sure do. I liked Carly with Todd and would have been okay with Carly and Franco but man Franco and Ava are the best! RH actually acts a little and doesn't pull the clown shit in scenes with her. Maybe he's too embarrassed not to actually do a little acting with MW or maybe she doesn't put up with the clown shit.

by Anonymousreply 28007/02/2013

I think it's time the show retire Carly. There's nothing more for this character to do.

Ditto Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 28107/02/2013

Maura has had chemistry with everyone she's shared scenes with so far.

My only quibble is that they tied her to that God awful KiKi.

Maura is playing Ava as the duplicitous yet wounded femme fatale. So many layers. Carly plays her role as a rabid dog.

by Anonymousreply 28207/03/2013

That's the reason LW's Carly is known online as Cujo. No subtlety, no layers, no subtext, always pedal to the metal. She plays Carly like she's on meth.

by Anonymousreply 28307/03/2013

I love how Franco insinuated that there is much more to Ava than she lets on. I think she's a powerful mafia princess.

The way she climbed the iconic Q staircase was worthy of a Tennessee Williams femme fatale.

Who would have thunk that Maura West would be the greatest thing that ever happened to GH?

Btw, where the hell is Monica? Does she know these scavangers have moved into her house?!!

by Anonymousreply 28407/03/2013

I'm not surprised Maura is the best thing on GH. Toward the end of ATWT, I was tuning in just to watch her. An occasional glimpse of a Hughes was nice too, but mostly it was Maura.

by Anonymousreply 28507/03/2013

Did you watch and like Maura on Young and Restless too? She had a primary role for quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 28607/03/2013

I watched her on Y&R. Their headwriter Hogan Sheffer had a hard on for her about something that happened when he was writing ATWT. I can't remember all the ins and outs, but supposedly that's what led to his being fired by Goutman at ATWT.

Anyway, in a shoot himself in the foot payback, Sheffer gave West the worst possible writing. Her story was so nasty I quit watching Y&R and didn't go back until MAB and HS were both fired.

by Anonymousreply 28707/03/2013

It's best not to talk about the incredible MW's time on "Y&R." Her character's stories were intensely degrading.

by Anonymousreply 28807/03/2013

Maura was one of several vets from other shows that Y&R didn't use properly.

Genie Francis and Eden Riegel area also on the list. All three could have been great on the show but were badly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 28907/03/2013

That queen sized loon on DC was shrieking on their last broadcast about how OLTL sucks without Cartini and how OLTL doesn't need Todd, all but blaming PP for Franco and the other lame new characters. It's never Ron's fault and those freaks never bothered with One Life before Cartini. They think Ron is owed OLTL's key characters- puhleeze!

by Anonymousreply 29007/03/2013

I just heard that Maura West is not on contract. Those two idiots running GH are crazy if they don't tie her down.

by Anonymousreply 29107/03/2013

r290, is it that big old Jamie? He worships Carlivati like a gay writing icon.

by Anonymousreply 29207/03/2013

Monica is MIA because LC has had to have surgery.

It's times like these when I wish GH would hire a temporary replacement.

Monica needs to be seen arguing with Franco/Kiki/Ava/Morgan. They have taken over her home and we know how possessive she is of her home.

by Anonymousreply 29307/03/2013

I'd love to see Carly and Sonny ride off into the sunset and let Ava take front and center. Yes, please.

Maura West has many more layers than Laura Wright. How Wright ever won an Emmy is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 29407/03/2013

R294, that took some hard lobbying. That was the reason Laura Wright thanked Jill Farren Phelps in her acceptance speech. She didn't really win the Emmy; JFP obtained it for her and LW knew it.

by Anonymousreply 29507/03/2013

OMG, please tell me that LC is not having more cosmetic surgery done?!

Is it possible to start a twitter campaign to get MB and LW off the show? That saga is long done.

Can't wait to hear the reaction to Kiki and Morgan's Fifty Shades of Grey today.

by Anonymousreply 29607/03/2013

I am not queen sized! I'm big boned!

by Anonymousreply 29707/03/2013

Giddens is sad.

by Anonymousreply 29807/03/2013

Oprah is going to be airing AMC and OLTL on O. Mid-July. Too bad she didn't grab them when they were cancelled. She would kill for those ratings.

by Anonymousreply 29907/03/2013

Do you really thing Giddens or anyone at Daytime Confidential gets scoops? It doesn't seem like any of the soap blogs ever "break" any news. They seem so unprofessional, but maybe that's just my opinion. I don't understand how Nelson Branco is taken seriously either, to me he just comes off as perverted and desperate.

R287 I'd really be interested in hearing more about what happened to behind the scenes at "As the World Turns." When Hogan Sheffer took 17 weeks off (I think that was the original length of his "sabbatical") I assumed it was because he was going to have gastric bypass. But, he is no thinner-so I guess I was wrong about that! HaHa

by Anonymousreply 30007/03/2013

R299- it's a 10 week trial period and the shows that will be aired are the ones that have or or currently on PP. If it goes well, maybe Oxygen will pick up future episodes.

by Anonymousreply 30107/03/2013

Hausfrau be gone! Like Branco or not but calling an out man 'perverted' will not be tolerated here.

by Anonymousreply 30207/03/2013

You must be joking R302 I AM an out gay man and I find Branco a disgusting, unprofessional, yes perverted, sorry excuse for a journalist. Actually he's pretty much an embarrassment to all of us. Slobbering over his own fantasies about soap opera actors is pretty perverted. That man has no self-control and no sense of appropriate behavior. Perhaps you lack class, too?

by Anonymousreply 30307/03/2013

I'm with R303. Nelson Branco is the Carolyn Hinsey of gay men. He wants to fuck these stars so much, he makes up shit about them or covers up for them. He's a creepy little weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 30407/03/2013

Giddens has broken a few stories. Branco was with the Canadian TV Guide so he was legit. The issue with Branco is his personality. The issue with Giddens is that he used to post on soap boards and turned it into something bigger and isn't really all that humble.

by Anonymousreply 30507/03/2013

Branco may have been legit in the past, before he got fired by TV Guide Canada for getting involved in a nasty twitter war after he bashed Kristian Alfonso.

That certainly doesn't mean Branco is legit now.

by Anonymousreply 30607/03/2013

I will fault Branco for bashing Alfonso. That woman is a nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 30707/03/2013

Hi, Jamey at R305. Your work is awful and you don't know how to write.

by Anonymousreply 30807/03/2013

I don't blame him for bashing Alfonso and I totally agree she is a nasty piece of work.

The problem is that he was the soap writer for TV Guide Canada and bashing any soap actor on twitter was at least inappropriate if not downright stupid.

If Crystal Chappell hadn't gotten her followers to pile on, it probably wouldn't have become such an issue.

by Anonymousreply 30907/03/2013

I hate Branco's asskissing ways, but nobody out hogs and out vulgars Carolyn Hinsey.

by Anonymousreply 31007/03/2013

{quote] The issue with Giddens is that he used to post on soap boards and turned it into something bigger and isn't really all that humble.

And has made a career of saying "So and so is on FIYA!"

by Anonymousreply 31107/03/2013

Peter Reckell joins GH as Evan Jerome.Brother of Julian, Olivia ,and Ava the oldest son of the powerful Jerome family, went into the witness relocation program after giving states evidence against a rival mob many years ago. Evan Raines to PC to save a dying relative

by Anonymousreply 31207/04/2013

Silas will turn out to be Kiki's dad. Ava and Silas had an affair while she was involved with Franco.

by Anonymousreply 31307/04/2013

Btw, the dying relative Evan returns to help is his grandson Danny Morgan. Evan is Sam's father.

I can't picture Reckell in this role at all.

by Anonymousreply 31407/05/2013

It makes me sad to think of Reckell's sperm being wasted on Sam.

by Anonymousreply 31507/05/2013

FV fave Lisa LoCicero has signed a new contract.

Lesley Webber is still hanging around - she will have scenes coming up regarding Luke's health crisis.

KM is expected to be back by September.

Rumours are still flying about that Tonja Walker will be on her way back to GH.

by Anonymousreply 31607/05/2013

Speculation is that Tonja Walker is returning because she is Ava's mother, and guess who's the daddy.

Also speculation is that when Michael checks his bone marrow for Danny he discovers that he's not AJ's son.

by Anonymousreply 31707/05/2013

Jamey Giddens' casting ideas are always good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 31807/05/2013

That means if Michael is not A.J.'s son, he would have to be Tony Jones'. The only other candidate was Jason so Micheal would still be a Q.

by Anonymousreply 31907/05/2013

Olivia Jerome may be revealed to be behind the whole Robin story; Faison was working with/for her.

by Anonymousreply 32007/05/2013

Ava should be Olivia's sister not daughter. Tonja Walker is only ten years older than Maura West and its not like MW looks young for her age.

by Anonymousreply 32107/05/2013

I thought Jason wasn't an actual candidate because he and Carly were not together around the time Michael was conceived. Carly only threw his hat in the ring because it was convenient for her.

by Anonymousreply 32207/05/2013

You guys are so funny, since when has history stopped Cartini?

BTW, tune into Days today. Hot boys galore. Oooo, check out JJ.

by Anonymousreply 32307/05/2013

Not a big soap fan, but I've got a question:

I saw Carolyn Hinsey mentioned on the last page. I remember her hilariously documented downfall from a few years ago -- does she have any power in the industry these days? I notice she has a blog connection to a production company and that she still writes a column for [italic]Soap Opera Digest.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 32407/05/2013

Rewriting Michael's parentage doesn't make any sense at this stage. It would mean he is really Tony Jones', who is dead and buried. If they ever bring Lucas Jones back on the show, it would give Michael a new brother, but Lucas is, in fact, a Jerome by birth.

It also means Sonny wins out because Corinthos is the only real name Michael has really had.

by Anonymousreply 32507/05/2013

Shawn is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32607/05/2013

Carolyn who??

by Anonymousreply 32707/05/2013

R324, I thought Hinsey was through but she has landed a couple of major interviews recently. I guess she still has some kind of pull.

by Anonymousreply 32807/05/2013

Britt roasting the baby doll was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 32907/05/2013

EMMA: She's melted! You ruined her!

BRITT: Now Emma, it's ok. It's now like your mommy. That's what your mommy looked like when she was melted in that explosion at the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 33007/05/2013

And story for Milo and Sean is just wasted air time. Ridiculous. So many good characters to write for besides that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 33107/05/2013

Michael and AJs relationship is one if the few bright spots on the show right now. It would be a shame if they change that.

by Anonymousreply 33207/05/2013

You don't do something so drastic as to change a character's backstory and parentage to serve a temporary plot device ie. Michael and Kiki boinking. They're only half cousins at best who cares if they fuck but leave Michael a Q.

by Anonymousreply 33307/05/2013

Shh, don't say that out loud, R332. Now they're bound to do it.

by Anonymousreply 33407/05/2013

I like Milo; sort of a sweet, naive, cute guy, fun to watch. Of course, no one really just "quits" the mob, but GH is pretty cartoonish, nowadays.

Britt paired with Nicholas should be interesting. The girl who plays Emma is quite a talented child actress; those "younger actress" daytime Emmys should be for kids and teens-not the people like Bryton James who win year after year. Maura West, Nancy Lee Grahn, Finola Hughes, Jane Elliot, Genie Francis and Kelly Sullivan make the show worth watching for me-they really "overcome" the writing. I wish Denise Alexander and Leslie Charleston would be on more. I have ZERO interest in Michelle Stafford, Peter Reckell, Tonja Walker or seeing Faison again.

Does anyone have the link to the Carolyn Hinsey email thread? I'd like to read that.

by Anonymousreply 33507/05/2013

Emma and her doll and her giving Britt the evil eye and implying she did not have a soul - were the best (in fact only good) part of today's piece of filler. BTW FV tweeted that there was a OMG moment on today's show. That had to be the Joan of Arc moment for Emma's doll; everything else was lame. This show gets worse by the day. I can't see how the ratings are ever going to get better. Michael's reaction to Kiki being tied up was so stupid it was embarrassing to see the actor forced to behave like a retard without a clue. His over the top attraction to his kissing cousin is not only strange it is really puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 33607/05/2013

Half cousins?

What does that even mean? You have half siblings, not half cousins.

by Anonymousreply 33707/05/2013

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 4 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 33807/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 33907/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 34007/05/2013

Spencer called AJ, uncle AJ today, is there a relation I'm missing? Also has Spencer ever met Uncle(family is everything to me) Sonny?

by Anonymousreply 34107/05/2013

Spencer's mother is Chelsea, who was Sonny's half-sister. Since Jason and Sonny were best friends that makes AJ...nothing to Spencer. Ron Carlivati fucking sucks and should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 34207/05/2013

r342 Chelsea? Chelsea? I don't remember any Chelsea character on GH.

by Anonymousreply 34307/05/2013

Sonny's sister was Courtney. Spencer doesn't even know A.J. as far as I know. That was stupid. I assume the show no longer researches who is related to who. I think Ron and Frank have lost all sense of continuity in an effort to make Roger Howarth the new star of the show. I have even heard rumors of more vampire shit with this new Silas guy. Why does anyone think Carlivati is any good?

by Anonymousreply 34407/05/2013

Courtney was Sonny's half sister.

by Anonymousreply 34507/05/2013

Sorry, I meant "Courtney" not "Chelsea." (Both insipid names. Courtney was on 2001-2006. Google "Courtney Matthews."

by Anonymousreply 34607/05/2013

Courtney was once married to AJ, so, I guess there is sort of a convoluted, semi, non-blood relationship. More like a degree of separation thing.

by Anonymousreply 34707/05/2013

What I wouldn't give to be the meat in a Sean Kanan/Tyler Christopher sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 34807/05/2013

Carlivati and Valentini probably assume Spencer is Emily's son. She raised him as her own, but he would have been too young to know about AJ.

by Anonymousreply 34907/05/2013

I like Maura West and Tonja Walker(it would be nice to see her again) but this whole story is going nowhere fast. Also the new/old One Lifers who came back are boring me to death. Bring back Stephen Nichols and Thaao Penghlis and stir up some Cassadine shit once again.Scorpio needs to come back as well. Enough of the Jeromes and the Kiki/Michael who's your daddy crap.

by Anonymousreply 35007/05/2013

I tuned in to the show today. How did this show fall apart so quickly. While Days and BB and are on fire, this show is a mess. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 35107/05/2013

Courtney. What a forgettable character.

The Uncle AJ phrase could have been intended as Spencer merely acknowledging that AJ is close to Elizabeth. Lots of kids refer to their parents' close friends as aunt or uncle even though there is not blood relationship.

Or it could have a lazy oversight on the part of the writer.

by Anonymousreply 35207/05/2013

Rumour going atound the days set is that catooni is wooing alfonso to gh to get the bo and hope super couple chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 35307/05/2013

That's not going to happen because Reckell would have a stroke, R353. He loathes her.

by Anonymousreply 35407/05/2013

[quote]Courtney. What a forgettable character.

Brian Frons was so sure Alicia Leigh Willis was going to be a breakout star, he was determined to make her happen.

by Anonymousreply 35507/05/2013

Could not stand Courtney. The paired her with Jason, Jax and Nik. What a lucky bitch. A.J. looked hot in his shorts today. Ditto Nik. Love seeing Mac and Felicia. Hope they are part of the rumored big fall story with Robin, Luke.and Faison. If Peter Reckell is joing GH when is it going to be officially announced. Are they going to make Milo gay or what?

by Anonymousreply 35607/05/2013

I think Emily adopted Spencer so AJ is technically his uncle.

by Anonymousreply 35707/05/2013

YES! to the poster who is baffled by Michael's near-obsessive attraction to Kiki. Nothing has been built to justify such a attraction, other than the fact that RC and FV want to just throw KA immediately back into the story that they started building between Michael and Starr (Ditto for RH and ME in their respective stories). Like the ready-to-made packaged triangle between Molly-TJ-Taylor, the Michael-Kiki story is being shoved down our throats right off the assembly line.

Michael is coming off very creepy. This guy has killed his stepmother, been raped in prison, dated a hooker and woke up in his adopted father's life-love's bed. Yet, he acts like he can't understand hatred can mask alot of lust when he learns his mother and AJ had hot angry sex, and he rails against the degradation of kinky sex when he finds his brother and Kiki are engaging in some light bondage. Michael should be quite a jaded cynical asshole, yet he comes across as an John Boy Walton. Morgan, on the other hand, is his mother's son through and through - loud, rude, sarcastic, and all about himself (if you look closely, Wright and Craig even look somewhat alike in bone structure); however, Morgan should be the repressed naive farm boy since he has been sequestered all his life from the real world by his overprotective mother.

There's something quite not right about any of this doesn't feel right. It's all being written to convenience a plot that seems stuck in the writer's head.

by Anonymousreply 35807/05/2013

Is there an OLTL thread going now? I'm horny to discuss Triscuit's feets.

by Anonymousreply 35907/06/2013

[quote]Carlivati and Valentini probably assume Spencer is Emily's son. She raised him as her own, but he would have been too young to know about AJ

Emily died about a year after Courtney so its not like she raised Spencer much either. And he was still a baby then he wouldn't remember any of these people.

by Anonymousreply 36007/06/2013

Michael = Jason

Morgan = AJ

Cartooni strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 36107/06/2013

Did they run out of spray tan? You could see the distinct line running down Morgan's side. Only his front was tanned, the back white as rice.

by Anonymousreply 36207/06/2013

Bambi and Bovina have to be the most laughable "couple" in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 36307/06/2013

Im hungry

by Anonymousreply 36407/06/2013

Me too. You wanna go out for something to eat?

by Anonymousreply 36507/06/2013

Nik and Liz have passion out the wazoo yet RC/FV give us KiKi tied to a bed?

Nik and Liz would have been hot as hell in a bondage scene but we get Bovina's snarling face. Who's guiding this ship because it's going off the rails?

by Anonymousreply 36607/06/2013

In case anyone is interested, the SoapNet repeats of OLTL are up to mid May 2011. Roger Howarth just returned as Todd.

SoapNet shows three episodes a day: Monday-Friday at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. That means they cover three weeks worth of shows every week.

So, in the next 11 weeks, they'll air the final 8 months of the show.

by Anonymousreply 36707/06/2013

Yeah. I was wondering if they'll start another batch of reruns hopefully from an even earlier point or if they'll just replace it with something else.

by Anonymousreply 36807/06/2013

R351 Days has Eileen Davidson camping it up to the nth degree. The gay storyline is also fabulous.Bald and Boring is getting hype but it's just a bunch of pretty young things strung together with nary a plot.

GH is just such a mess now. I wonder how much this chaos is affecting the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 36907/06/2013

I need some heather webber campy fun. No one cares about danny, molly, tj, sabrina et al. Ill take todd over the tweens any day.

by Anonymousreply 37007/06/2013

R369 The ratings have been falling week after week and are now once again in Guza territory when he got the axe. Yet the egotistical Cartini keep on going with the same garbage.

by Anonymousreply 37107/06/2013

GH had a strong February sweeps and a lot of hype going into the 50th anniversary but the ratings have been on a steady slide since then. I would imagine its a combination of things. You had some displaced AMC/OLTL viewers who have returned to their shows, viewership typically drops this time of year, and yes the writing has been lacking some for sure. I never get why the soaps still insist on shoving the teens down our throats in the summer it just drives viewers away. I want to see Heather, Anna, Mac and Felicia, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37207/06/2013

Scorpio and Victor Cassadine need to spice things up. They had a chance to do a story for Blackie and TPTB dropped the ball.It's funny that with much less hype Days is really doing well. Bringing back Eileen Davidson was the catalyst BTW. One fucking actress whereas GH has brought back a legion of old favorites for what? So we can see the hot spawn of Faison fool Dr Drake? Or a new Jerome plot?

by Anonymousreply 37307/06/2013

Here is the difference r373, Days brought Kristen back and put her in a position where she's driving new story based on the show's history.

Here are the problems with GH and this is a not a bash RC post.

1)RC clearly doesn't do big picture storytelling. It is one plot into the next plot into the next plot, which is fine when it's all leading somewhere, but it never goes anywhere. Someone needs to write a storyline with a beginning, middle and an end that folds into a new storyline. You can't just write plot point after plot point without any direction.

2) If you want to bring back 80s stars, then bring them back, but bring them back with a purpose. And I understand that you can't have a bunch of 60 year olds in front burner stories, but make a choice. Don't bring back these people with nothing to do. Why are Scotty, Laura, Lucy, Anna and Duke back in Port Charles? It's great that they're there, but where are they there?

3) Howarth, Easton and Alderson. Soap Opera 101 states that soap opera is about character, not about plot or individual actors. Good soap writing means that the character consumes the actor and not the other way around. This is why when your grandmother saw Eileen Fulton on the street, she saw Lisa and not Eileen Fulton. This is why Irna Phillips referred to all of the actors by their character's names.

You don't twist and turn your show into a pretzel for 3 people. Bringing Franco back onto the canvas was stupid and that is going to bite them in the ass. The jury is still out on Easton. Alderson's character seems to be working, but I don't get why she has two hot guys fighting over her.

3) The shows' 20-40 something group all lacks chemistry and cohesiveness. AJ and Liz are a snore fest. Nicholas and Liz are a snore fest. Liz is a snorefest. No one cares about Brit and Sabrina and Patrick. Felix is a stereotype. Dante and Lulu suck. Maxie is annoying.

4) The teen story sucks. Make Rafe interesting. Recast Molly.

by Anonymousreply 37407/06/2013

Do any of you watch All My Children on Hulu?

I tried watching when they first started a couple of months ago, but Hulu interrupts constantly with way too many commercials, so it's a frustrating experience and I gave up.

I may start trying again.

I always enjoyed All My Children and like the reruns on Soapnet.

I keep hoping All My Children will start appearing on some other channel or format rather than the frustrating Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 37507/06/2013

r374, I couldn't have said it better.

The one story that appeared to have potential in being an epic umbrella story - the Robin story that was to draw in everybody past and present with a purpose for each direction - went absolutely nowhere after relying on one sesnational plot point after another. Other stories started to adopt the same pattern. RC needs to reign in and slow things down.

by Anonymousreply 37607/06/2013

When Prospect Park said that GH could use those 3 characters, Ron and Frank should have just let them go and figured out another way to bring them, organically, to the show.

by Anonymousreply 37707/06/2013

It will, R375, on OWN starting a week from Monday. I'm glad I held off watching it until now.

by Anonymousreply 37807/06/2013

Wow, R378, thanks for the news!

I'm flabbergasted and stunned because remember when Oprah said a couple of years ago or 18 months ago that she was NOT interested in having soap operas on OWN.

by Anonymousreply 37907/06/2013

She wasn't interested in paying to produce soap operas on OWN. That's a whole lot more expensive than running them on your network...Her issue wasn't with the soaps themselves; it was with the dying soap industry.

by Anonymousreply 38007/06/2013

Oh, the All My Children deal with Oprah's OWN network is only for 10 weeks and then OWN will evaluate to see if they should keep it.

I sure hope enough viewers tune in to OWN to see it!

It will take a lot of publicity for viewers to know that All My Children is available on OWN.

See article about it below.

by Anonymousreply 38107/06/2013

The new AMC is very, very good. The new OLTL is good, better than Ron's in the last few years, but has had a harder time with the new schedule. They promoted their breakdown and dialogue people to HWs to speed it up. They also have some non-soap writers from cable, which has really helped the dialogue and pacing. The girl playing Tea's daughter Dani is a star, and RH is actually acting as Todd Manning as opposed to the Franco mess on GH.

OWN's threshold for numbers is not very high - I think AMC and OLTL will clear it and have a permanent home. They resume taping early next month, first AMC and then OLTL in September.

by Anonymousreply 38207/06/2013

Actually RC does do big picture stories. The problem is that they are all he focuses on.

Good couples are only parts of plot driven triangles and quartets, and bad couples are forced on us 24-7. Everything from big moment to big moment, whether it is a couple or another storyline, or a smaller story meant to lead back to the big one, is just filler for his big big umbrella stories and big "moments" in sweeps. Luke's illness, the crap with Sabrina and Patrick and Britt-it is all going to eventually lead back to Robin. But it has gone on for so long and transformed into so many smaller, terrible storylines like those that are now dominating all the airtime instead that no one really cares anymore.

He will inevitably pull out a very big sweeps stunt when Robin is found which will get some viewers and it will probably be executed in an exciting way. But RC decided long ago that the journey was not important, only the destination. Unfortunately the journey is what the daily soap opera is built on.

He thinks people will enjoy Sabrina vs. Britt and the teens long enough to hang in for Robin's return someday. He's wrong.

BTW he is giving Franco a brain tumor to explain away his evil.

by Anonymousreply 38307/06/2013

Laura is only there to stand around and look worried about Luke and unavailable for months until maybe November sweeps, when she will divorce Scotty and reunite with Luke.

They are giving Genie Francis fuck all to do. I hope the Deception story pays off.

Michael Easton's character is almost as bad as Franco.

by Anonymousreply 38407/06/2013

I don't think Nik and Liz are a snorefest. I find them hotter than Georgia asphalt. They can do some fantastic sex scenes and have history as well as angst.

by Anonymousreply 38507/06/2013

Continuity was way off this week. Morgan ties Kiki to the bed and leaves. Shot zooms in & her blouse is buttoned. Opening scene next day and she is still tied up but, her blouse is unbuttoned exposing her bra & bare belly. She must be really flexible and been able to unbutton her blouse with her toes.

by Anonymousreply 38607/06/2013

The only heat AJ is generated since his return is with Carly. Sean and Laura are very hot and have a natural chemistry. The way to fix Liz is take her back to her roots. I would rape her again, and have her realize that the victim bullshit is for the birds and just be old Liz. Mean, bitchy and vindictive and just have her start taking people out. I would then have her set her sites on Patrick. Take down Britt and Sabrina, send them out of town, and Robin returns and have Liz scheme against Robin.

Pair AJ with Carly and turn them into a new Alan and Monica. Have Carly move into the Q Mansion where she can spar with Monica and Tracey.

Keep Ava, marry her off to Sonny. Then have her start fucking Morgan.

Age Taylor to legal age and pair her with Michael and bring back Dylan for a triangle.

I'm fine with Sam and Silas.

Get rid of Lulu, Dante, Maxie, Spinelli, Rafe, TJ, Molly, Sean, Britt, Sabrina, Kiki, and Franco.

by Anonymousreply 38707/06/2013

[quote]BTW he is giving Franco a brain tumor to explain away his evil.

First, thanks for the scoop.

I thought all was going to be forgiven with Franco when he gives Danny bone marrow. Well, I guess that wouldn't really explain away his evil.

The problem is RH is not playing evil; he's just playing Todd lite again so who will really care about forgiveness for such a character?

BTW, RH is somewhat better on nuOLTL than on GH but he still sucks compared to the actor he once was. It really pisses me off that he gets paid so much for doing such a shitty job when people work so hard for peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 38807/06/2013

NuAMC is awesome. A great show and well written. NuOLTL sucks donkey balls. Everyone I know has stopped watching it.

by Anonymousreply 38907/06/2013

r389 = Queen Giddens, still angry that Ron's OLTL characters were not bequeathed to him on GH by holy right since he is the one true savior

by Anonymousreply 39007/06/2013

Who is Queen Giddens? Is that a person or a character?

by Anonymousreply 39107/06/2013

R382, they lost their studio space in Connecticut and there's still a large labor issue to work out with the crew. Don'r be too optimistic that the shows will resume taping anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 39207/06/2013

I don't anything about losing their studio space - but did hear they aren't looking for a new location.

And the whole union issue was resolved a few weeks ago. They are ready to start taping again.

by Anonymousreply 39307/06/2013

They resolved the labor issue weeks ago and still have the CT studio, r392. It was all over the mainstream press.

by Anonymousreply 39407/06/2013

R391, "Queen Giddens" is soap blogger Jamey Giddens, who runs fangurling soap web site Daytime Confidential and can be heard on the most unintentionally hilarious podcasts ever.

All Hail the Qu-eeeen! (and hurry, someone get that ho a cookie before she gets real mad!)

by Anonymousreply 39507/07/2013

[quote]Get rid of Lulu, Dante, Maxie, Spinelli, Rafe, TJ, Molly, Sean, Britt, Sabrina, Kiki, and Franco

Molly Davis, teen author looking wide eyed with mouth open.

by Anonymousreply 39607/07/2013

Giddens discussed his hemmornoid problems on twitter last week and got blasted by his bosses. Looks as if own will be airing a couple of the soap episodes. Where is my blt goddess?

by Anonymousreply 39707/07/2013

[quote]Actually RC does do big picture stories. The problem is that they are all he focuses on.

I don't know if I'd call them big picture stories as much as just plain sprawling. Yes, Patrick/Sabrina/Britt does supposedly lead thru a long, twisted maze of Jerry Jax, Anna, Duke, Robert, Albricht, Faison and eventually to Robin but the "story" has been going on nearly a year, 2/3 of the players aren't even on screen and nothing has really happened beyond an occasional glance at Robin being held prisoner. That's not a big picture story.

The battle for ELQ should be a big picture story but it's degenerated into antics over relish and now the real Q's are reduced to bit players in their own story while the newbie insta heirs not only demand a share of the company but take over the Q's home as well.

What little focus Ron has always seems to be in the wrong place which makes him very weak in writing more compelling and complex stories. He's way more suitable for camp writing anything wit any real depth.

by Anonymousreply 39807/07/2013

Anyone remember the Daytime Emmys where Jamey Giddens, Nelson Branco and Steaphanie Sloan did the commentary for the TV broadcast?

All had that deer in the headlights look on their face, but Nelson was the worst.

I think it was the 2009 Emmys. The year they did it at the Orpehium Theater in downtown LA.

by Anonymousreply 39907/07/2013

You can't do an umbrella storyline when half the players are off screen. Think of some of the best umbrella stories ever on soaps, where any of the main players of camera?

by Anonymousreply 40007/07/2013

I'm enjoying the Patrick-Britt-Sabrina storyline mainly because of Felix. It's a predictable plot, but Felix adds good quips and sass.

The Franco plotline might be tolerable if the Qs were actually in it, as r398 says. How many days have Franco and Ava been camped out in the Q living room now. I feel like we're in a hostage situation, waiting for Anna to negotiate the ransom. "We'll give you three shows a week if you just leave the Q living room set to the real Qs."

But I want to see Laura, not Franco. They give her one show a week and Franco four? Why aren't they making Laura the centerpiece of the show, like she should be?

The teen storyline is a snoozefest. But most teen storylines are. Every show tries to do them t various points, but few really work. The ones that do are magic -- Greg and Jenny on AMC, the Four Musketeers on GL, the Tracy-Lauren-Dannny triangle on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 40107/07/2013

Laura is 60, no one wants to see Laura as the centerpiece of anything. Make Lulu the centerpiece with Laura supporting her. But first make Lulu interesting.

by Anonymousreply 40207/07/2013

Genie Francis is 50 not 60 and neither is Laura. I forgot about the Robin storyline months ago. Ron seems to jump into these things without all his ducks in a row (such as availability of actors) and then it just flops around. I find the show to be disjointed with no real connection. His efforts to make Franco/Kiki relevant have ruined the show in my opinion. The upcoming brain tumor bailout is laughable and dated. I like Felix but dislike the stereotype. Also, the only other gay character on the show is an unattractive slimeball who is going to blackmail Michael into having sex with him. Thanks for the positive image of gays Ron C. I would expect better from you.

by Anonymousreply 40307/07/2013

RC writes like he has ADHD. Lots of jumping around, no cohesive stories, and many stories without a beginning, middle and end.

I don't blame him for everything that's wrong with GH because FV also has a hand in everything that goes on.

by Anonymousreply 40407/07/2013

The song that played during the ending of Fridays show, "love like its ours to keep" was once Jason and Liz's love theme song. Now they are paying it as Sonny and O make out. I guess they still own the song...

by Anonymousreply 40507/08/2013

Genie is only 51. However, Lady Geary is 66 - and yet still the center of GH. Interesting how that works.

by Anonymousreply 40607/08/2013

Brad is going to blackmail Michael into having sex with him? Considering it has been pretty well established Brad is a TOP that is seriously hot. Loving Britt and Ava. I wish Sonny would go on a LONG vacation. Maybe when he returns I could stomach him.

by Anonymousreply 40707/08/2013

I think that Felix is fabulous, stereotype or no stereotype. He's such a queen and he's damn good at being one.

Much like Days bringing back Eileen Davidson, they need to bring a great big bad on this show again. Like I've said before if it's Thaao Penghlis as Victor or Tonja Walker as Ava RC and FV should do it. Even if Thaao plays an over-hyped version of Tony DiMera and Tonja plays Ava more like Alex from OLTL I really don't give a shit.The current cast of people are not gelling. A lot of that has to do with RC and FV to be sure. However Days brought back Eileen Davidson and used her very wisely.GH should do the same with another GH villain.

by Anonymousreply 40807/08/2013

R408, Maura West is already Ava.

Tonja Walker played Olivia Jerome, a character they'd be unlikely to bring back from the dead as another character already uses that name/

by Anonymousreply 40907/08/2013

Why would anyone expect any of the vets to be anything but filler? You saw how Cartooni treated the vets on OLTL - what he did to Dorian Lord was an utter travesty.

by Anonymousreply 41007/08/2013

what did RC do to Dorian?

by Anonymousreply 41107/08/2013

Sorry r409, but rumours are very strong that Tonja Walker is coming back as Olivia Jerome for the big "umbrella" September action story.

by Anonymousreply 41207/08/2013

And don't forget viewers were smart enough to differentiate between John McBain and Johnny Zaccahara.

by Anonymousreply 41307/08/2013

Or they can call Christina, Tina

by Anonymousreply 41407/08/2013

Does anyone else think that Michael and Morgan are being wasted on Kiki?

by Anonymousreply 41507/08/2013

Genie's acting has been subpar this time around. She's not connecting with anybody. And Geary is pretty bad when around her too.

Their final breakup - she was good. But that's it.

by Anonymousreply 41607/08/2013

Genie was pretty good when she went off on Luke for injecting adrenaline into Nicholas

by Anonymousreply 41707/08/2013

r397, was Giddens really chastised for tweeting ad nauseum about his hemmhorhoids?? He has regular meltdowns and TMI overshare in public- like his endless Benny Hill lewd jokes- but the roids saga was what put me over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 41807/08/2013

Genie has never been good. She's had moments, but she's no great thespian. Geary sort of carried her. She is like Lucci.

by Anonymousreply 41907/08/2013

Genie is not the problem, the writing is. She was great when they let her zap Stavros.

She is good and can be great with the right material. I'd rather watch her than Tony at this point, because she still gives a shit. She's never received enough credit, which is part of what I feel has led her to try too hard sometimes.

Michael is one of those sweet faced, sad eyed boys who looks like he'll forever be lost without a dick in his mouth or up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 42007/08/2013

When Cartooni gives any actor something of substance, then we'll talk. Until then, they are all victims of god awful material.

by Anonymousreply 42107/08/2013

GH is a cartoon compared to the other three soaps and even the online ones. Even DOOL, which is known for OTT camp, has more realistic writing and better performances than GH. Much like OLTL did, GH has become a Passions-like farce.

I am not the biggest fan of B&B, but on GH, you would never find a chilling, tour de force performance like Heather Tom gave last week. The writing would NEVER be there under Carlivati. And from another angle, on GH, you would never find a complex, nuanced villainess like Kristen on DOOL.

The depth of writing is paper thin.

by Anonymousreply 42207/08/2013

If Cartini is such a ratings killer and has such a bad rep, why do they keep getting hired? And Giddens is not the only soap press that fawns all over them. I don't think GH is very good right now, but I have not heard anything about it getting axed or them getting axed. Their ratings are not good either.

by Anonymousreply 42307/08/2013

R423, so many soap writers and EPs who bring terrible ratings--and sometimes cancellation, as in the case of JFP of Y&R and formerly of GH--get hired again and again. It would be odd if FV/RC DIDN'T get hired again after OLTL. It's one of the "industry's" biggest problems. Interestingly, the online soaps are using writers who've worked on primetime soaps.

by Anonymousreply 42407/08/2013

I started watching GH again when they brought back the vets. They need a story. The stories suck right now. I see Silas eventually melding with Sam but Kiki and Franco are a failure. And don't get me started on Sonny. He should be nothing more than a minor character. Ava is a bright spot.

I'll be losing my patience soon and will stop watching again. I hope they can get it together before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 42507/08/2013

Morgonzo just called Bovina "smoking hot".

I think I have heard it all now.

by Anonymousreply 42607/08/2013

r423 saying Cartini "keep getting hired" is kind of a misrepresentation. They worked at OLTL for their entire careers until the show was cancelled. Then ABC shifted Frank to GH for his budget slashing skills to address cost issues there. Frank brought RC along as he knows how to write for Frank's penny pinching style.

I don't think GH is good right now either but Cartini are bringing in a show a price that's acceptable enough to ABC to keep it from being cancelled at least for now. That along with ABC's failure to develop a successful replacement show so far.

It's also worth noting that most of the bloggers who sing Cartini's praises are gay themselves so it's not surprising that Cartini's 80's style high camp might be more appealing to them than to the audience as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 42707/08/2013

I doubt Giddens was chastised for going on and on about his hemmeroids R418, playing the fool is his annoying schtick. Jillian Bowe is almost as bad.

I was wondering if anyone actually pays to download Nelson Branco's "magazine" and if it has any news in it. Somehow I can't imagine anyone taking him seriously or giving him any "scoops." I think he must have Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder; the craziness or the Twitter meltdowns really makes me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 42807/08/2013

I thought Genie was horrible in the killing of Stavros scenes. Way overacted and incredible face mugging. TG was bad in those too. Worst acting I've ever seen from either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 42907/08/2013

I have never thought as Genie as a good actress. She's a very lucky lady to have had the career that she has had.

by Anonymousreply 43007/08/2013

Awful show today. Is there anyway we can get our point across to the PTB that we don't care about Sonny Corinthos?

by Anonymousreply 43107/08/2013

R409 I meant Olivia actually. The Ava thing was a mental slip though I got Alex right.Alex was more camp to me and I don't care if she plays her more like Alex,just bring her back. And Thaao as Victor Cassadine. If Days can bring back Kristen when ED played Ashley(the soap opera zombie) for so many years Tonja and Thaao can come back. Preferably as a couple! Now that would be high camp indeed....

by Anonymousreply 43207/08/2013

I can't imagine less-than-spectacular Peter Reckell being able to carry himself with the likes of spitfires Nancy Lee Grahn and Finola Hughes. Why couldn't they have hired Robert Kelker Kelly? That could have added a weird subtext to the Alexis-Evan Jerome relationship.

by Anonymousreply 43307/08/2013

[quote]I have never thought as Genie as a good actress. She's a very lucky lady to have had the career that she has had.

What Genie has always had going for her is that viewers like her. She works in a medium that has very few genuinely good actors; she certainly is not an anomaly. You can count the talented actors on GH on one hand and have two or three fingers left over.

by Anonymousreply 43407/08/2013

R433 Kelker Kelly already has a job AND he played Stavros. Yes, people play multiple roles on soaps but GH is the exception rather than the rule. Days is more of a place where that sort of thing happens.

by Anonymousreply 43507/08/2013

Genie Francis DID win a Daytime Emmy for Best Supporting Actress.

I actually think that the skill of the actors on soap operas is what holds these dinosaurs together. I watched the last 4 or 5 years of "As the World Turns" and loved it-but it was the actresses (the "seven divas") who made me fall in love with the show-certainly not Jean Passante's dreadful writing.

by Anonymousreply 43607/08/2013

Excuse me, r435?

by Anonymousreply 43707/08/2013

I don't even watch the show but I have such a visceral reaction to the name "Kiki", it's like nails on a chalkboard to me just to read it on this thread.... And then to know that it's played by Bovina, that she is considered worthy of having a show jump through hoops to keep her on it, and that she is playing a sex symbol... Barf.

by Anonymousreply 43807/08/2013

Why did Rob write a gay character as a predator. Did y'all see that scene between Michael and the lab tech?

by Anonymousreply 43907/08/2013

R437 Those actors were under contract,Kelker Kelly isn't. ABC was paying them and the characters were disputed and after that mess they all came back. RKK has a real job and did a short stint. He was deliciously campy BUT that only worked in a small context.

GH did have the alien(Casey Rogers) play another character called Shep after the alien story was done.Literally the same episode that the alien episode was done BTW!

by Anonymousreply 44007/08/2013

I meant that it was literally the same episode that the alien story was done in.

by Anonymousreply 44107/08/2013

Does Michael Easton ever wake the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 44207/08/2013

But he makes stoner Kelli Monaco look alive.

by Anonymousreply 44307/09/2013

I'm willing to pay the Thaao Penghlis/Tony Cassadine troll to shut up.

Every thread it's the same dumb pitch: Bring back Thaao! Make RH play his son! NO ONE gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 44407/09/2013

I do not understand how Kelly Monaco has lasted all these many years on General Hospital without being let go or fired.

by Anonymousreply 44507/09/2013

Can all u complaining bitches just change the channel? Watch something the fuck else. Jesus christ. Whining little Queens.

by Anonymousreply 44607/09/2013

I will gladly chip in and pay the Thaao Penghlis/Tony Cassadine troll to shut up, also. Thank you R444 for reading my mind.

by Anonymousreply 44707/09/2013

Penny. Penny. Penny.

by Anonymousreply 44807/09/2013

I'm like that with a lot of soap trolls. Just because you enjoyed someone who was on GH more than 30 years ago, that doesn't mean the rest of us remember them or care to see them again.

There are women at GH who wouldn't enjoy being forced to work with RKK again. It took a lot to get rid of him and his hands when he was there before. Who cares if he claims to be reformed, that just means he's a reformed perv, subject to change without notice.

by Anonymousreply 44907/09/2013

Look....another new character!

by Anonymousreply 45007/09/2013

Is it possible GH actually cast someone HOT who can act? DeVry is a great choice, especially in comparison to GH's abysmal male population.

by Anonymousreply 45107/09/2013

DeVry is playing Kate's boss Derek Wells, but I have a suspicion that Derek will turn out to be Evan Jerome, Sam's father.

Those Peter Reckell rumours are just too weird. There is no way they would hire Reckell to play opposite Grahn, Hughes and West.

by Anonymousreply 45207/09/2013

William DeVry is smoking hot. LOVED him as Michael Cambius on AMC. Now this will get me watching again!

by Anonymousreply 45307/09/2013

I agree that deVry is hot but no way should he play Sam's father. He looks more like a lover than a father.

Plus, can anyone believe him and Alexis ? She looks 10 years older than him.

by Anonymousreply 45407/09/2013

DeVry is 45. They're playing Alexis as mid to late 40s. During the whole Natasha storyline it was revealed that Alexis was born in 1967.

by Anonymousreply 45507/09/2013

There was a casting call months ago for two actors - one in his 40s and one in his 50s - to play brothers from an established family from GH's past.

So perhaps 50ish Reckell will be Evan Jerome and 40ish Devry will be another Jerome.

by Anonymousreply 45607/09/2013

R447, Just so you know he played Victor! People do give a shit and it's more than one person BTW.And the critique comes from queens who fawn and slobber over Cartooni and Valentino's(sic) work?! He's brought back so many fucking icons and for what? To see Kiki take center fucking stage? And the rest of the OLTL crew stink up the place? No thanks I say.

Tony died during the original Ice Princess affair.I wouldn't be surprised if RC brought him back anyway!I would like to see more Stavros in flashback and I wouldn't be surprised if Cartooni and FV brought him back either.

I would much rather see Stefan come back than see Sonny and the rest of that mob BS as well.

R452 I don't get Reckell as Jerome. To be honest I like Reckell but I don't see him as Evan. Who is Michelle Stafford going to play?

by Anonymousreply 45707/09/2013

R456 Julian Jerome? Another mob family? Give me a fucking break it's like the Guza era BUT even more mob centric! Oh when is Frank Smith coming back?!;)

by Anonymousreply 45807/09/2013

I like Devry a lot but I don't see him as Sam's dad. And since when does Connie have a boss?

by Anonymousreply 45907/09/2013

Stafford's not coming aboard. Just a rumor, she said. Of course, that could change.

by Anonymousreply 46007/09/2013

The Victor Cassadine/Thaao queen needs to give it a rest. No one cares. Stavros and Helena are more than enough.

Devry is probably part of the Connie/Kate exit storyline.

by Anonymousreply 46107/09/2013

R461 Stavros and Helena were enough?HAHAHAHAHA. You're insane.You thought that Guza pumped out the mob all the time now Cartooni and Valentino are bringing back the entire Jerome clan?! Who in their right mind wants to see a Guza redux at this point? You should be called a "watch GH sink before your eyes"troll.Or worse yet "bring back the Guza days" troll!

And if anyone cares about the Jeromes,it's about Ava. No one give a shit about the Jeromes at all except for you and Cartooni.Oh and Kiki is one of the most hated characters in GH history BTW.Not only is she fugly they are pushing her off as some gorgeous goddess.

by Anonymousreply 46207/09/2013

It would be hysterical to have Sam's father played by someone who looks her age while her love interest is played by someone who looks like he's in his 60s.

by Anonymousreply 46307/09/2013

Yes, Stafford denied the GH rumours on Twitter.

And was then photogaphed with FV at a recent soap gig.

GH has GOT to slow the hell down. There is much too much going on. Does RC do drugs?

by Anonymousreply 46407/09/2013

Yikes! I just did a head count. Out of the original contract characters Cartini inherited only THIRTEEN remain. Of those 13 several like Mac, Shawn and Tracy might as well be recurring for the amount of airtime they get. As far as I know this is the most drastic hatchet job any EP has done in the history of soaps.

In the meantime they've added 11 new contract characters (I count the Jeromes and sorased Morgan as new) as well as a passel of recurring characters who take up space while vets sit idle.

There are also the 5 80s/90s fan fav contact returns plus several more of them on recurring. I'm fine with them. They're the GH I used to know and love but outside of perhaps AJ and Nik they're all mostly just window dressing in an already overstocked 50+ jumble. None of the are the heart of the show or drive stories like the matriarch and patriarch vet leads of the past.

What a mess Cartini has made of...well, I hesitate to even call it GH any more.

by Anonymousreply 46507/09/2013

R465 One of the problems I have with the Jeromes and adding on is that RC and FV are not handling the characters in a correct way as it is.Why the heck should you broaden the canvas when the painting looks like shit! Too many characters and not one great villain. Once again Days refocused with adding Eileen Davidson as Kristen again. GH needs to do something similar.

R464 If I remember correctly Stafford was at the Daytime Emmys with FV. Stafford can deny it all she wants FV like to keep secrets. Remember Kelker Kelly's return? Who knew about that one?

by Anonymousreply 46607/09/2013

I thought Lucy's daughter was supposed to show up this summer? And when is Sean and Tiffany's daughter supposed to show up?

by Anonymousreply 46707/09/2013

The Peter Reckell rumor may have been started by some of his people. Perhaps hoping DAYS would counter offer and make a play to get him back.

by Anonymousreply 46807/09/2013

Wasn't their orginal goal to somehow do a hybrid of GH/AMC/OLTL on GH? But then Prospect Park made good on their plans and RC had to rethink the entire hybrid thing.

by Anonymousreply 46907/09/2013

r467, they've hired the actress (Rachel Fox) who will play Christina Collins. She's got to be arriving on the scene in the coming weeks because spoilers have it that Christina will like Laura more than her own mother which will cause problems between the new co-owners of Deception.

Sean and Tiffany's daughter is supposed to be showing up the last part of July; John Reilly's appearences are scheduled for August.

by Anonymousreply 47007/09/2013

Yeah a lot of the plots currently playing on OLTL were actually set up on GH last year. GH was casting the role of Jack Manning last winter, Blair and Tea were supposed to return during Feb. sweeps and there were plans to bring Natalie and Clint on for an arc. But then PP announced they were back on track and well you know the rest. There were rumors of a possible AMC arc but I never heard anything real firm with that.

by Anonymousreply 47107/09/2013

What are the Peter Reckell rumors?

Is there any way to see who are the current contract actors and who are on recurring on GH?

I think everyone calling for a villainess is right, that would be fun. I'd love to see a Pheobe Tyler type in Port Charles, but they don't make 'em like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 47207/09/2013

That Reckell will be playing Evan Jerome or maybe even Julian.

SoapG0y, Phoebe ain't happening and Helena is "dead" so Tonja Walker might fight the bill no?

Michelle Stafford could be that bitch that everyone has been waiting for. On GH, she can be more fun and let lose a little.

Personally I have no problems with any of the Cssadines coming back including Victor ,Tony or Stefan. The current crop of baddies on this show is sad. Even Franco's evil is being explained away.

by Anonymousreply 47307/09/2013

I just read GH Happening site and they are going there. Patrick will discover a brain tumor in Franco. Even less surprising, it looks like Kiki's dad will not be Franco leading to (ugh) a Michael and Kiki couplesome.

by Anonymousreply 47407/09/2013

I despise Michelle Stafford and only R473 both remembers and cares about Tonja Walker.

by Anonymousreply 47507/09/2013

Franco and Kiki: the father-daughter combo that ate Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 47607/09/2013

Kiki's dyed brown hair (and repeated brown dye jobs) is so poorly done and harsh.

And Roger Howarth's current blonde dye job is ridiculous looking.

Surprising that GH uses such poor quality hair colorists.

by Anonymousreply 47707/09/2013

I'm hearing that people are upset that they made the Asian gay doctor a major predator. I haven't seen the scenes yet, is that true?

by Anonymousreply 47807/09/2013

For several weeks since her arrival, Maura West has managed to set the screen on fire with everyone she was paired up against. Then they apired her up with Michael Easton and we heard her first big clunker. Easton acted like he would rather be tinkering in the garage back home rather than be in those scenes. Zilch chemistry. There was more going on between West, Buchanan and Hughes in those few minutes than the entire scope of Ava and Silas' tense reunion.

Bright spot: Anna and Duke.

Dark spot: Watching a grinning Scummy Corinthos sit back while his personal Django goes all Mafia upside Franco's Jean Harlow-haired head. I hate Franco, I hate Sonny and I hate any glorification of mob life.

Note: How appropriate that Shawn's last name is Butler. Rochester on steroids.

Brad's blackmail attempt could have been interesting, but it was just written as crass and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 47907/09/2013

Did anyone catch today's show with yet another negative gay stereotype? The gay lab tech Brad, who is a total slimeball, blackmailed Michael by propositioning him to have sex. Michael is a rape victim so once again RC looks like a total asshole for having a gay man be so skeevy. Is he self-loathing or something? He did much better with Fish and Kyle but so far on GH he is total fail with gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 48007/09/2013

I'm actually digging the blonde on Roger Howarth. KA's dye job doesn't match her skin tone.

So now the rumor is Reckell may play Julian Jerome? ROFL! Whatever became of the original Julian? From what I remember he was pretty hot but hey that was 20 years ago. So if ever there was a perfect time to bring Lucas Jones on it would be now!

Brad, the gay lab tech has been played as skeevy from day one. So I don't much have a problem with it. I actually know a few guys like that and yes I'm gay and I work in a hospital!

by Anonymousreply 48107/09/2013

Ron shouldn't do gay characters. He has no idea how to write for them. This is why we need more gay headwriters, in order to write these characters with more realism. I think the writers at Days are gay, which is probably why that storyline has been so well received.

by Anonymousreply 48207/09/2013

Ron can't write for women either, R482.

by Anonymousreply 48307/09/2013

[quote]KA's dye job doesn't match her skin tone.

I liked her natural fawn ash toned hair color that she hasn't had in years. She should match it back to that and be done with dyeing and frying her hair (no stupid streaks or highlighting either).

by Anonymousreply 48407/09/2013

I don't understand why people would be upset with the character of Brad. It is such a drama staple to have a med tech/doctor blackmail someone into not revealing some info.

by Anonymousreply 48507/09/2013

R485, I don't think it's the character of Brad that bothers people, it's that he's one of very few gay actors on GH.

by Anonymousreply 48607/09/2013

[quote]Ron shouldn't do gay characters. He has no idea how to write for them. This is why we need more gay headwriters, in order to write these characters with more realism.[quote]

You do know RC is gay, right?

by Anonymousreply 48707/09/2013

Today show was just really low

by Anonymousreply 48807/09/2013

Is there currently an "OLTL" thread going?

by Anonymousreply 48907/09/2013

Don't think so, R489. We have on-going problems with a certain troll who wants to destroy every OLTL thread. We've tried but he always finds us.

by Anonymousreply 49007/09/2013

The problem is that the troll is allowed to do this and I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 49107/09/2013

[quote]I'm actually digging the blonde on Roger Howarth. KA's dye job doesn't match her skin tone.

LOL. That's so not "blond." It's day glo yellow and a hair color that does not exist in nature. RH looks like a clown. But then he is so I guess it appropriate.

The dark brown hair is probably closer to KA's natural color than the white blond was but neither are flattering to KA and neither is FV's obsession with overly long hair and extensions.

Brad is obviously supposed to be a comic character but I just don't find his sexual harassment funny nor can I take him seriously as a genuine threat in some dramatic story. He's just a gnat that's barely worth the effort to brush away. They did a much better job with Kyle on OLTL. He started out as a hospital blackmailer too before they "redeemed" him for a gay romance but the difference was he was actually in a position to blow some real secrets out of the water as opposed to yet another clown with the absurd premise that Brad could blackmail a rape victim into having sex with him because he caught him kissing his cousin. WTF would care? Really stupid writing there.

by Anonymousreply 49207/10/2013

Sonny is and always has been a thug. But that scene was disturbing. Ron seems to be willing to write anything that hurts a GH vet, in order to gain some sympathy for Franco. And I despise Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 49307/10/2013

On GH in the past month, Roger Howarth has gone from horrid bleached orange hair with 2 or 3 inches of black/brown roots showing to horrid day glo yellow hair without black roots.

Both horrendous colors make him look like a buffoon and as R493 said the two hair colors do not exist in nature.

by Anonymousreply 49407/10/2013

Wait, Rob C. is gay? And still wrote that horrible offensive scene with the Asian lab guy?

by Anonymousreply 49507/10/2013

Yes, R495. That's what the uproar is about.

Not only did RC write it, FV (also gay) allowed it to be taped and aired.

by Anonymousreply 49607/10/2013

Kiki(Kristen A.) seems to have some genetic material of dwarfism.

She has very short legs and a very short torso - and an oversized head.

If not an outright dwarf, she has some genetic material/DNA of one.

by Anonymousreply 49707/10/2013

I could see it, R497. She has a very oddly proportioned body.

by Anonymousreply 49807/10/2013

I don't know which is more embarrassing - Kristen A.'s singing on One Life To Live when she was playing the role of a singer or Robin Meade of CNN's HLN channel singing, putting out an album, and singing on the Daytime Emmy Awards thruout the entire show recently.

Both are horribly mediocre singers.

by Anonymousreply 49907/10/2013

Kristen Alderson's Jailbait video was supposed to be some sort of breakout to show viewers how sexy she is. All it proved was how many tiny splices a video editor can make, given enough time.

The video itself seems to have been removed from YT, but since it was shown on OLTL it can still be seen in that context.

by Anonymousreply 50007/10/2013

KikiStarr with Mikey is a snooze. NuMorgan should hook up with Brad for some gambling cash. I luves me some Toddco. Where is my Heather? Im really enjoying Ava. Silas McBain, whatever, does he run the hospital yet?

by Anonymousreply 50107/10/2013

Starr does Pat Benatar!

by Anonymousreply 50207/10/2013

Hopefully the donor match for Danny will be a surprise and turn out to be Heather. They are related.

by Anonymousreply 50307/10/2013

I cant believe i just watched that video mess. KikkiStarr should go back to blonde. I do mis hot as fuck christian vega.

by Anonymousreply 50407/10/2013

I wish Sonny would go on a long extended vacation like Luke.

by Anonymousreply 50507/10/2013

It bothers me that "Alexis" stayed with "Shawn," or at least she was as of last week. I'm glad Nancy Lee Gran has a storyline and a love interest, but I can't see her character having a hitman under her roof.

I want to like Ron Carlivati's writing, but he is so plot-driven with no depth or even awareness of who the characters are. I haven't watched yesterday's or today's, but I know I'll be disgusted with how he wrote the "Brad" character. For an openly gay men his writing is really homophobic and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 50607/10/2013

Nowhere else to put this. New interview with OLTL's EP. Some interesting teases.

"We do have two stories but I am not at liberty to talk about the stuff we are writing now. We do have one story that was just written, a long-term story document, but you’ll have to call me back in a couple of weeks because I would love to tell you about it. It’s a story that involves one of our core characters who has been on the show for a long time and it is something that in soap history has never been done. It’s a story that has never been told. ... We are in talks to bring back a very popular classic character and I’m not at liberty to say yet who it is. But the fans will be very excited by it. Because we are a half-hour show I want to make sure all of the characters on the canvas have story."

by Anonymousreply 50707/10/2013

[quote]Ron seems to be willing to write anything that hurts a GH vet, in order to gain some sympathy for Franco.

Not going to work GH fans hated Franco the first time and no one is going to like him any better under Roger The Clown. I'm not a big Sonny fan either but I do have to say I liked him a lot better giving Franco the well-deserved beat down. Not one iota of sympathy from me. And BTW, I'm a displaced OLTL fan. If they can't win me over good luck gaining sympathy from GH's core audience.

by Anonymousreply 50807/10/2013

Brad can blackmail my ass anytime. I find him to be very hot. I loved him checking out both Michael and Nik's asses. I realize it is a bad sterotype but he turns me on.

by Anonymousreply 50907/10/2013

R496 Get a grip on yourself nobody gives a fuck. Ron and Frank are gay BUT they have shown straight people in a shitty light why not gay people while they are at it! It's liberating to not be so PC and show gays(no matter how sleazy) interact with the entire cast doing shitty and wicked things like anybody else on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 51107/10/2013

R10. You do realize we are talking about a fictional character, right? I am glad we have a bad boy gay character on GH. To be honest I was thinking more with my ass than my dick.

by Anonymousreply 51207/10/2013

I think Brad's a sexy villain too.

by Anonymousreply 51307/10/2013

[quote]It’s a story that involves one of our core characters who has been on the show for a long time and it is something that in soap history has never been done. It’s a story that has never been told....

David Vickers finally comes out?

by Anonymousreply 51407/10/2013

David Vickers is a core character?

by Anonymousreply 51507/10/2013

Victoria Lord is a transsexual? As far as Sonny's scene being disturbing, anyone who has watched this show for a long time would consider that scene nothing. So he had his most recent enforcer beat the crap out of a character that is universally despised? Not making Sonny look bad; him saving the life of his latest piece of ass over his young son Michael a few years back was way more disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 51607/10/2013

You guys should check out this week's More episode for OLTL.

Tuc Watkins is interviewed at his home with his twins. He discusses coming out and becoming a dad.

by Anonymousreply 51707/10/2013

r503, Heather is approached about being a possible donor. But the one who will match Danny is Sam's father. But apparently, Franco will take the credit because Sam's father wants to reamin unidentified.

by Anonymousreply 51807/10/2013

So who is the classic character they want to bring back to OLTL?

And how come no one has talked about sexy Paolo Seganti joining OLTL?

Now HE would have made a great new addition to GH as Sam's father.

by Anonymousreply 51907/10/2013

This is not a OLTL thread.

by Anonymousreply 52007/10/2013

This was a good thread while it lasted.

Too bad shit for brains has shown up.

by Anonymousreply 52207/10/2013

Relax, R522. It was all a mirage. He doesn't really exist, except in his own mind.

by Anonymousreply 52307/10/2013

You're probably right.

by Anonymousreply 52407/10/2013

It's not a question of politically correct or whitewashing. The gays on GH are not layered heroes or antagonists, they're caricatures. Felix is a minstrel who only wants str8 dudes and lives for his girlfriends, and the pervy doc spouts dogma from freeper nightmares and targets rape victims. They're crass cartoons. We can do better for gay characters who could be villains and RC should know better.

by Anonymousreply 52707/11/2013

I think the best thing to do is just ignore MASTER CASSIDINE TROLL. As I understand it, using the F&F button just gets the whole thread shut down and that's exactly what he/she/it wants. I just use troll-dar to easily ignore those posts. MCT isn't worth the time it takes to hit F&F. Just a worthless much hated piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 52907/11/2013

Sorry, but tolerating its presence is not an option and allows it to feel accepted as opposed to the demented cow befouling our nest that it is. It must be weeded out every time. There will be no home for the troll on DL- ever.

by Anonymousreply 53007/11/2013

But R530 doesn't using the F&F just cause the whole thread to be deleted? If doing that only got the Troll banned, I'd be all for it. Whatever it is it should be permanently banned, but I hate to lose another thread because of that piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 53207/11/2013

Nah. F&F it.

by Anonymousreply 53307/11/2013

r530, why are you letting this bother you so much? You're actually coming off as off-kilter as the crazy loon you want to condemn - and playing right into his hands. Waging a campaign against him will only hurt those of us who want to enjoy these threads, which will be deleted if you start F&Fing every loon that bothers you, which is what censored these threads for so long the first time. Please just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 53407/11/2013

Guys, this is the Lunatic Troll, formerly known as P P S M (I've discovered if you put the letters together the post doesn't go through). He was banned from DL months ago because he's insane.

He obviously hates soap threads and has targeted them for deletion, but he also appears on other threads that get deleted. He wants to show the Webmaster he's omnipotent and can do whatever he wants.

You can F&F his posts, but the threads will get deleted. WM is probably unwilling to spend the time to pick out individual posts to delete.

by Anonymousreply 53507/11/2013

My curse on you, Master Cassadine Troll!

by Anonymousreply 53707/11/2013

Cant we all just get along?

by Anonymousreply 53807/11/2013

You would think someone who was indestructible would have better things to be doing. I guess that is what happens when severe mental illness goes along with that indestructability...

by Anonymousreply 53907/11/2013

Please, don't engage the troll. The only "power" he has is what people give him by responding to him. Just talk about something else. To that end...

[quote]David Vickers finally comes out?

This was my first thought as well especially given how publicly TW had come out these days.

Granted, coming out stories have been done to death but not one like this. For me, and I think for a lot of people, there's always been that vibe to the whole David/Dorian relationship. To have it finally acknowledged truly would be groundbreaking.

Yeah, I know, not an OLTL board but it is a gay board and how often do we get a gay soap story that's NOT strictly "paint by numbers" to talk about?

by Anonymousreply 54007/11/2013

[quote]Please, don't engage the troll. The only "power" he has is what people give him by responding to him. Just talk about something else.

Wise words.

by Anonymousreply 54107/11/2013

[quote]perhaps its time to allow all sorts of interpretations of gay men instead of a politically correct AfterSchool special version, which puts too much unfair demand on one character to represent an entire community.

I couldn't agree more r525. The thing is I don't have a problem with the fact that Brad is a slime bag as much I do with the fact that instead of a genuine gay villain we get another gay clown. Brad was totally and childishly deflated when Mikey threatened to tell Gramma Monica on him for hitting on poor Mikey. That pretty much just reduced Brad to nothing more than another Cartooni bad joke.

They should have just left him to sliming around with Britt and other bad deeds of that nature rather than over reaching for the spectacularly unfunny sexual harassment jokes.

I'm not sure what Ron is trying to say with that or with Felix's stretch of inappropriately hitting on straight men but there's something very off there.

by Anonymousreply 54207/11/2013

Heather is on today. I am watching with a blt and some champ sweeties.

by Anonymousreply 54307/11/2013

R525 I like Maura West alot BUT she's not the major femme fatale or villain that will carry GH.Not even close. It has to be somebody else and it seems like Cartooni might draft Michelle Stafford for that job.She carries bagged as people knowing her as Phyllis BUT then again people knew Eileen Davidson as Ashley back when she first did Days and now she had played Ashley for so many years, she was sleep walking in the role!

When Eileen Davidson went back to Days she wasn't on in 14 years. According to some ignorant people, no one would give a fuck about her since she hadn't been on in a decade and a half. Guess what people did give a shit and she is the main villain(and the main reason to watch) the show. GH has to go outside the show and recruit someone that can be the big bad because right now there isn't a good one per se.

R542 GH has many clowns so to speak.It's the campiest thing that's on daytime right now. However it's cool to see a gay character twirl his mustache.

As for Felix, what gay man hasn't wanted straight guys. Yeah it's Felix's fetish but it happens. Look at all the gay guys who post about their "straight" fuck buddies on here!

by Anonymousreply 54407/11/2013

What straight guy has Felix hit on besides Milo? And, let's face it, in Milo's case that mistake was more than understandable. We here at DL used to razz about Milo's apparent gayness long before it was in a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 54507/11/2013

Felix flirted with Todd while Todd was being carried into the ER in a stretcher, very badly beaten. You're telling me that a nurse who gets flirty with a patient is a positive image?

by Anonymousreply 54607/11/2013

ToddCo. ToddCo. ToddCo KikiStar. KikiStar. KikiStar. When do u think kikistar will burst into song?

by Anonymousreply 54707/11/2013

I wish they would do away with the singing. That's one of the worst symptoms of the "One Life to Live-ing" of "General Hospital."

by Anonymousreply 54807/11/2013

Okay, here is the problem with Brad. I know a lot of you don't want to hear this, but most soap viewers are older and in red states, there is also a large black demographic for soaps.

In a perfect world we could have an entire cast of "Brads", but it is not a perfect world and we need to consider the representations and the repercussions of those representations.

A lot of these viewers already think that gay men are predators who only want to turn straight men. Why reinforce those beliefs?

If Brad wants to blackmail Felix into sex, that's fine. Mikey was over the top and sent the wrong message. But also, why does Brad have to blackmail anyone into sex, in the first place?

Also did anyone notice that AJ fat joke from yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 54907/11/2013

holy shit, I almost cried at the end of today's ep!

by Anonymousreply 55007/11/2013

Was there some surprise return at the end of today's GH, or one coming tomorrow?

People were hinting about this online but I didn't put together who it was.

by Anonymousreply 55107/11/2013

Maxie's dead sister, Georgie was sitting in Connie's chair. She is a figment of Maxie's imagination but it's awesome to see her(and it was a surprise!)Thy should have never killed her off/ Guza and JFP never could figure out how to write someone off unless they were killed

by Anonymousreply 55207/11/2013

"Good girls are boring." Jill Farren Phelps

She never seemed to get that there has to be a balance between the Georgies and the Maxies, the good girls and the cunts.

by Anonymousreply 55307/12/2013

New interview with Erika Slezak and Kassie DePaiva for OLTL.

Remember to watch AMC and OLTL on OWN starting Monday! They are starting from the beginning and need the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 55407/12/2013

R552 Characters have been reborn before including Duke among others so there's a chance that Georgie is not a phantom. Then again knowing RC and FV she might be another character wearing a mask instead! Faison in drag I say......

by Anonymousreply 55507/12/2013

Big gala on AMC next month. They showed a clip on CNN. Brooke and Dixie looked fab. Sounds like JR has roid rage.

by Anonymousreply 55607/12/2013

GH needs a big who dunnit murder storyline. I Am So Bored watching this show

by Anonymousreply 55707/12/2013

I agree, R556. Kill off Sonny and then decide who did it. Maybe everyone who ever knew him is a suspect, like Robert Urich's character in the old Soap series.

I wish I thought Ron Carlivati could write it, but I know he can't.

by Anonymousreply 55807/12/2013

Carlivati is such a douchebag. Apparently, he has been blocking anyone on twitter who doesn't rave about the show and dares to not like Franco or something else. I imagine he is such a dick in real life. FV seems cool though.

by Anonymousreply 55907/12/2013

I can't believe (going back to page 1) that Sean and Tiffany's daughter is being introduced.

So there's Taylor, Kiki, Sean's daughter and potentially Christina Baldwin.

How the hell many new characters do they fucking need?

by Anonymousreply 56007/12/2013

R559, if they keep adding characters, they don't have to write for those they already have.

It's beginning to feel like they're downright desperate.

by Anonymousreply 56107/12/2013

Ron really doesn't have a sense of humour. He also throws tantrums, when people don't "get" his vision.

by Anonymousreply 56207/12/2013

I asked FV about Robert Scorpio and he blocked me!

by Anonymousreply 56307/12/2013

Don't forget Serena Baldwin, r560. She's supposed to be causing trouble between Dante and Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 56407/12/2013

Sam will not only gain a father soon, but also a new cousin. The plan is to bring Lucas Jones on board in September, coinciding with Luke's return and another visit by Bobbi. Lucas will be joining the staff at GH as a doctor and catching the eye of both Felix and Brad.

Lucas (the biological son of Tiffany's sister Cheryl and dead mobster Julian Jerome) will also catch the attention of Ava and her brother Evan, who both feel Lucas was stolen from their family and will try and bring him into the Jerome family business.

by Anonymousreply 56507/12/2013

r563, what happens when you tell him we all hate Sonny?

Sonny drove me away from the show, and he could very well do it again.

Somebody must be forcing FV to put Bernard up on center stage again. The show was getting so good with the diminishing MB shoved to the periphery, and now he's back hogging the limelight with his harem of dimwitted morons. Watching the brilliant Kelli Sullivan have to go through this wretched material of Connie begging Sonny to take her back is heartbreaking. And love-sick Olivia is an idiot. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 56607/12/2013

I know you don't like to hear this but research shows that Sonny is a very popular character.

by Anonymousreply 56707/12/2013

Not just Christina. Also Serena from Port Charles.

And Anna Donely.

Kelly Sullivan is great onstage and dreadful on GH. Ready for her exit.

by Anonymousreply 56807/12/2013

R566 is right, disgusting as it may be. Most of GH's popularity is in the NE U.S., where Sonny and the mob are beloved.

by Anonymousreply 56907/12/2013

Oh dear God!

As a result of his beating, Franco has a seizure and awakens as...JASON.

RC actually says "the stage is set for a Jason/Franco confrontation"

by Anonymousreply 57007/12/2013

r570, that is very silly. Riduculous.

And it looks like Kiki is Silas'.

by Anonymousreply 57207/13/2013

Todd will be the new jason. Black t shirt et al.

by Anonymousreply 57307/13/2013

R567 - I know he is supposed to be popular yet the show's ratings kept eroding when the mob and Jason/Sonny became almost the sole focus of the show. So apparently he is not popular with everyone. RC/FV's initial rise in the ratings was when Sonny became part of the show, not the whole show. The recent continued fall in the ratings is, IMO, because the return of popular vets, most notably Robert Scorpio and Laura, has been royally screwed up in favor of RC favorites Howarth and the dreadful Alderson who eat up most of the airtime in every episode they are on, which is averaging 4 days out of 5.

by Anonymousreply 57407/13/2013

Franco becoming Jason sounds pretty awesome actually. DID!

by Anonymousreply 57507/13/2013

Frodd(Franco and Todd) is now Jason?! WTF? With shit like this people will bail on the show in droves now.

Someone got blocked from twitter because they mentioned Scorpio? Oh no one gives a shit about him right?;)If you listened to some idiots they'd have you believe that people would like to see a Guza redux on this show with not one major family involved with the mob BUT two.

R567 I like MB BUT the show began to falter ratings wise big time when he was the mainstay of the show. RC and FV spread the wealth and the ratings went up.

by Anonymousreply 57607/13/2013

RC is watching way too much NYC Millionaire Listing. He is stealing from there. And that's not necessarily what the soap viewer wants to see.

by Anonymousreply 57707/13/2013

What people complained about Frons and Guza doing with Sonny and Jason is the exact same thing that FV and RC are doing with Franco.

They are going to turn GH upside down in order to make this character work. Brain tumors, dual roles, saving babies, helping little old ladies cross the street. They are going to block you on twitter, call you stupid, and everything. They are not going to listen to fans on this one, they are just going to plow through it in the same way that Frank plowed through David Gregory and Andrew Trischetta.

by Anonymousreply 57907/13/2013

Best not to say that last name you mentioned, R579...

by Anonymousreply 58007/13/2013

R579 So is Brad based on Frank V then, LMAO! A sexual predator?

by Anonymousreply 58107/13/2013

[quote] Frank plowed through David Gregory and Andrew Trischetta.

Yeah, and those guys loved it when I stretched 'em open, too.

by Anonymousreply 58207/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 58307/13/2013

I find it very hard to believe that Sonny is so popular. I have never come across anything but predominant anti-Sonny sentiment on the majority of message boards. I would tend to believe that any feeling that MB is popular is about as reliable and valid as JFP's focus group results on how little popular Maureen B Bauer was with GL viewers

This is the only info the ABC brass needs:

Jason and Sonny kicked to the curb: ratings go up.

Sonny is given a major storyline: ratings go down.

by Anonymousreply 58407/13/2013

r579, the stories of FV and David Gregory's fuckfest are well-known, but minor Andrew Trischetta? That's a very major statement to make.

by Anonymousreply 58507/13/2013

R584, internet message boards are only a small percentage of the fans. Many soap fans are not on internet message boards. And most people's issue with Sonny and Jason were that they were on 5 days a week.

by Anonymousreply 58607/13/2013

People need to start thinking of a new thread title.

by Anonymousreply 58707/13/2013

New thread title should be:

"Upstate NY Hospital Being Investigated for Questionable Lab Procedures"

by Anonymousreply 58807/13/2013

Franco will have a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 58907/13/2013

Sam's father......Helena, who is revealed as a hermaphrodite.

by Anonymousreply 59007/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59107/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59207/13/2013

Patrick discovers francos brain tumor this week. Morgan over hears silas asking ava if kikistarr could be his child. Lesley returns and has scenes with lady monica.

by Anonymousreply 59307/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59407/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59507/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59607/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59707/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59807/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 59907/13/2013

And. I love todd

by Anonymousreply 60007/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!