Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Enquirer: Julia Roberts hates Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia worries Goop will overtake her

I never think of Julia Roberts as a “girl’s girl”. I’m not saying that in the cloying goddess-circle way of Jennifer Aniston, nor in the unhinged, hypocritical way of Chelsea Handler. I’m just saying that Julia Roberts always needs to be the biggest, the most important, the one getting the most attention, and having those qualities doesn’t lend oneself to being a “girl’s girl”. Julia is always the Alpha, and everyone else is always the beta. So even though this story comes from the Enquirer, I have no problem believing that this is probably close to the truth. Apparently, Julia is pissed off that Gwyneth Paltrow is getting some attention. Huh.

Look out, GWYNIE! JULIA ROBERTS has declared war on YOU!

A source says Julia, 45, exploded when “People” magazine named Gwyneth, 40, its “Most Beautiful Woman” – and the “Pretty Woman” is plotting to kick the “Iron Man” babe to the curb.

“Julia’s won the magazine’s ‘Most Beautiful Woman’ title four times,” a source told The ENQUIRER.

“The last time was in 2010, and even though it was highly unlikely she’d be chosen again so soon, Julia got the shock of her life when Gwyneth got the nod. She thought a twenty-something actress like Jennifer Lawrence, not someone in her age group, would get it.”

Julia reportedly turned down the role in 1998’s “Shakespeare in Love” that won Gwyneth an Oscar, but went on to earn an Academy Award for the 2000 drama “Erin Brockovich.”

Julia has been focusing on the big screen and raising her three children out of the Hollywood limelight. On the other hand, Gwyneth not only built an empire with her Goop website and best-selling cookbooks, she wowed on the red carpet while promoting the “Iron Man” franchise.

“Julia’s not going to sit back and watch Gwyneth become the most in-demand A-list actress in her 40s,” said the source. “That’s Julia’s territory, thank you very much!

“Julia knows there are limited parts for actresses in their 40s, and she wants to make sure that she’s every director’s first choice for those roles.”

[From The Enquirer]

In a battle between Julia and Goop, my money’s on Julia. Gwyneth’s got osteoporosis, for the love of God. She won’t be able to kick anyone’s butt. That being said, neither Julia nor Gwyneth should really worry about anything. Hollywood isn’t breaking down their doors to hire one over the other – Julia barely works these days, but she’s carved out enough of a niche for herself that when she does work, it’s a big deal (like August: Osage County coming out this fall). Gwyneth hasn’t managed her career the same way, which is why Gwyneth has to do so much extra stuff with Goop and Tracy Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 5206/30/2013

Don't worry, Julia, you'll always be the biggest bitch.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

wish they'd both go away

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Battle of the senior bitches. Snore.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

The People magazine most beautiful cover is a gimmick engineered by publicists. Gwyneth had Iron Man 3 coming out so voila ... she got the cover. Julia is a bitch but at 45 she knows that her best days are behind her. She is mounting a comeback but there are actresses older or younger than her who are more popular. Mirror Mirror anyone?

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

Anyone else check the original posting date to make sure this thread wasn't from 2001?

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

My thoughts exactly r5. If this were 1997 we might care but neither is in demand except as the supporting player.

Kinda hilarious that goop feels she's made some kinda comeback via iron man as if one single person bought a ticket to see her in it. Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

The top 3 actresses with the highest Q rating are Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, and Meryl Streep. Gwyneth got some mileage out of Pepper Potts, but it's not like she has become popular outside of Iron Man.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

They aren't making any more IM movies with the original cast. RDJ will be in the next two Avengers, but that's it. Hope they shed some goop along the way

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

The Goop website constitutes an empire? Who knew?

When Gwyneth was on Graham Norton she made a comment like, "Oh, I don't make any money off of that," in reference to her books, as I sales barely offset the cost of production.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

Was People's list based on who looks the most like a horse?

And what is this shit about most in demand actress in her 40s? Julie has barely DONE anything and has semi-retired. What she did do was bullshit like Charlie Wilson's War and the vile Eat, Pray, Shit. Even Javier Bardem didn't make an effort in that one.

lol @ Gwen being put in Ghoulia's age group though.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

More likely that Julia would like to have Sandra Bullock's career right now.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

Sandra's the tortoise, Julia's the hare. Gweyneth asked her parents to buy her the win.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

Sandy is America's sweetheart and (seemingly) one of the rare nice A listers.. very funny, humble and great personality, insanely likeable.. whereas Roberts was always a fake diva cunt from hell. She did break the pay barrier for women and the first female movie star of that type, but I don't think she's done much to warrant it.

Is Julia really a better actress than Sandra? Good in comedy maybe, but I can't see Roberts pulling off what Sandra did in Infamous (better than the overrated Catherine Keener in Capote). And I liked her in The Blind Side (a guilty pleasure) more than Julia in Brockovich.. Sandra just lacked an emotional scene like she had in that Extremely Close garbage to make a home run.

As for Gwyneth, Julia once made a backhanded compliment/shade about her horsey English looks so maybe always hated her. One reason perhaps to like her.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

Suddenly there are all these odd negative stories about Gwynneth in the media, which makes me think she's pissed off someone she shouldn't have pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

Is this "feud" sponsored by Metamucil?

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

It's becoming too much of a production to make Julia not look equine. Her face has slowly been morphing into that of a Preakness Champion and all of the visual trades in Hollywood have been openly rebelling. The consensus is that all of the makeup, hair styling and lighting in the world can no longer offer a substitute or soften the broodmare she has become. Her talent as an actress peaked with Erin Brokovich and she's quickly on her way to character actor town, i.e. lesbian district attorney. She should take the hint and let Aaron Sorkin write her an hour long drama for TBS

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

I've maligned Gwennie as some totally reprehensible cunt. Well Julia has surpassed her in the no talent cuntdom department. She's a home wrecking, hayseed johnny one note actress.Eric Roberts had the real talent in that family.BTW Julia stopped talking to Eric at one time because he didn't like her blonde haircut. Julia's Q rating might be high BUT her IQ rating is extremely low!

Sandra's got that German background that kind of grounds her a bit.Even though her Teutonic mother was an opera singer she's very down to earth. it's always hot when she busts out German as well. She speaks pretty well. Wheres Goop the Queen of Poop speaks Spanish badly if at all. Julia comes across as mono lingual hillbilly form the sticks.

As annoying as Goops's faux snobbism is , Julia's down home Paula Deen rube act is even more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2013

A lot of people call Mom a bitch, and we constantly have to correct them, and explain our Mom is NOT a bitch.

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2013

Isn't it a good thing to be hated by JR?

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2013

Whereas Goop the Queen of Poop

by Anonymousreply 2106/23/2013

Girls, girls. You're BOTH has-beens.

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

I don't really believe this.

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

Is this an archival version of Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2013

[quote]Sandra's the tortoise, Julia's the hare. Gweyneth asked her parents to buy her the win.

Don't you mean Harvey?

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

the best was backstage when Ellen had Gwyneth on to talk about that magazine cover. She went off to EVERYONE about 'how the fuck is SHE the most beautiful woman?' (And this is true)

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

Battle of the Battleaxes who think they're all beautiful but ARE NOT.

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

Sandra took The Proposal and The Blind Side for herself after Julia passed. Julia will likely score a hit with August: Osage County, but we know who will get the credit for that film's success (top billed Meryl Streep). And isn't Jennifer Lawrence America's sweetheart? Sandra is like America's mom.

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

Girls, girls, you BOTH built your careers on nepotism and screwing the right men!

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

Is it true that Julia Roberts demanded that Taylor Kitsch have sex with her during filming of The Normal Heart? She is like the great white shark of vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

R7, In March 2013, Sandra Bullock had the highest Q score of both actresses and actors; she and Tom Hanks tied for the top spot. Julia Roberts and Meryl Street had the next highest Q scores for actresses.

R14, Sandra Bullock is much better than Julia Roberts in comedic roles.

by Anonymousreply 3206/24/2013

When I think about J Roberts I remember the most disgusting movie I have ever seen in my life and she played the most unlikeable character in it. The movie was called Eat, Pray, Love! Don't think Goop ever was that low brow.

by Anonymousreply 3306/24/2013

Sadly, this is to drum up publicity for poor Julia's once vibrant movie career. Audiences dumped her and Nicole Kidman years ago, although if you tried to tell them that they would deny it and look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 3406/24/2013

Those bastards are fabricating lies! They don't know anything! Not ONE fucking thing!

by Anonymousreply 3506/24/2013

Julia is a friend of Brad Pitt's. Not sure how close they are and I doubt that Brad ever confided in her but everyone in the industry knew that Gwyneth cheated on Brad. That did not make her a popular person in the industry cause everyone likes Brad. Could have something to do with her dislike. Just saying.

Not ruling out the other bitchy, jealousy crap I'm sure Julia is capable of.

by Anonymousreply 3606/24/2013

Next we'll hear about how the lovely and ravishing Demi Moore hates them both!

by Anonymousreply 3706/24/2013

Julia Roberts can go fuck herself

by Anonymousreply 3806/24/2013

Battle of the women in their 40's is kind of funny. Sandra Bullock comes out on top in that fight. Nicole Kidman is a joke. Filthy rich but loses movie studios money every year. Gwyneth is also a joke. No one takes her seriously except her team. Julia Roberts wants her crown back. Good luck bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3906/24/2013

I wish Bette Davis was still around. She'd slap the shit out of both of them.

by Anonymousreply 4006/25/2013

[Quote]And isn't Jennifer Lawrence America's sweetheart? Sandra is like America's mom.

Yeah but don't tell anyone here that. For her age group, Sandra is the one the public still loves. She has had amazing longevity and actually older than Roberts. I'm not surprised she's good in comedy as she's actually funny in person.

We do now have a new sweetheart/it girl which we haven't for a while with JLaw. I don't think, say, Natalie Portman counts. ScarJo 10 years ago, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 4106/26/2013

Sandra Bullock is like America's best friend, not its sweetheart or mom. It's a great position for her to be in, because age won't affect her appeal as much as a "sweetheart".

And the current "America's sweetheart" is Lawrence, at least until America meets somebody new.

Kidman and Paltrow are more like America's scary ex-girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 4206/26/2013

I don't think Paltrow is nearly as nuts as Kidman. People seem to forget Kidman actually was married to or was a beard for uber-creep Tom Cruise for almost 10 years. Paltrow at least to my knowledge never did anything that low brow.

by Anonymousreply 4306/26/2013

America's sweetheart? It girl? The one the audience loves?

Bitches, please, everyone you've listed so far are wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 4406/26/2013

Kidman is a fucking psycho. While unlike Witherspoon etc she never hid her ambition and did the things she said she would, everything seems so forced. A movie star trying desperately to be taken seriously as an actress as one critic said of her.

I hope her next Oscar campaign flops, but she's already cosying up to Weinstein, ugh. Her facial mutilation was extremely distracting in Rabbit Hole.

by Anonymousreply 4506/26/2013

Poor Julia. She's yesterday's vile cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4606/26/2013

Witherspoon and Kidman are both professional beards.

by Anonymousreply 4706/26/2013

Neither of Nicole's two 2013 movies have put together a preview (Grace of Monaco or The Railway Man). Maybe she looks so terrifying on screen now that they are afraid to promote her?

Gwyneth has that awful looking Thank You for Sharing with Pink. She likes to take her top off now because what else can someone in their 40's do to get attention? See Jennifer Anniston.

Julia ... I have heard that she is okay to good in August: Osage County.

The Heat looks like an absolute piece of crap made for fat mall people.

by Anonymousreply 4806/27/2013

R28

Most people don't even know who Jennifer Lawrence is?

Hell, I couldn't pick her out of a line up.

by Anonymousreply 4906/27/2013

Sandra is 48. Middle aged. Popular, yes, but not a sweetheart unless you are her secret lesbian lover.

by Anonymousreply 5006/27/2013

[quote]Sandra took The Proposal and The Blind Side for herself after Julia passed. Julia will likely score a hit with August: Osage County, but we know who will get the credit for that film's success (top billed Meryl Streep). And isn't Jennifer Lawrence America's sweetheart? Sandra is like America's mom.

Rumour has it that Julia Roberts will win her second Oscar for Osage County.

by Anonymousreply 5106/27/2013

Meryl and Julia winning Oscars is plausible because Meryl is 64. She really did take the baton from Katharine Hepburn and has run with it for 35 years. Oprah is big but like Spielberg there are limits to the love.

by Anonymousreply 5206/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.