Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What happened to the comments over on Dlisted?

I can't see them anymore and I don't even see a place to sign in or anything.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

They are at the top of the post now, to the right of the title, and Dlisted is now using Disqus.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

They're at the bottom of the post, for me -- same place they've always been. If you're on the home page, the comments don't show. You need to click on an individual post, and then the comments will show below.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

I cannot get Disqus to work with my Safari browser.

So when I run into a site that uses Disqus, I just go someplace else that is more Apple-friendly.

Fuck Disqus!

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

When they redid the site, they didn't provide a link from the old one to the new one. Shame on them. So Lazy.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

R3, I'm using Safari 6.0.5 on OS X 10.8, and Dlisted (and all Discus sites) work just fine for me. What version are you using?

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

^Oops. I know it's spelled Disqus.

Dlisted also loads fine in Chrome and Opera on Mac.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

Why did someone say dlisted and Michael K wasn't liked here? It's basically the slightly less libellous and in depth version of here.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

r7 - Because it's the internet?

Where did someone say that, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

The other thread about dlisted.. where he was asking why was it down - which it was 2 weeks ago. OP suggested it wasn't liked here.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

r9 - Ah. Well I'm sure some don't like him, but mostly I've seen positive stuff about him here.

I kinda love him. He's regularly hilarious, has incredible blogging stamina and hasn't sold out and become a fame whore. He could quite easily have transitioned to a microceleb himself by now, like Perez. I like that he maintains outsider status.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

Ditto r10. He was actually inspired by Hilton who later would rip his style. The difference being MK has natural wit. MK said that Perez's goal was fame.

You gotta love the intense Gwyneth hatred.. it's worth reading for those posts alone. The commenters are also good and funny, but cliquey as with other forums.

I've been reading it for years.. the old site is less polished and it gradually evolved but it was still funny/interesting then. Like this one about Wenty Miller.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

r11 - Yeah, when he was starting out, he was more free and easy about the shit he'd drop. I imagine he had a few legal threats when his site got more popular.

He also used to post personal stuff about his friends & sister, but hasn't done that in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

I am running the same browser and OS as you. Any ideas?

All it says is "Disqus seems to be taking longer than usual. Reload?"

I of course click "reload" and the same thing, ad infinitum.

Cookies on or off?

This same thing occurs on ALL sites using Disqus. It has NEVER worked for me.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

It seems that in the move to the new software the comments section from archived posts didn't carry over. Disappointing as they were more witty and fun sometimes than the main posts. I hope he can get these back somehow.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

I love his Prince Harry obsession. Enjoyed the pics of the fancy wedding he attended on today's post and the silly comments.

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!