Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco: ‘Personally, I’m not sure why Henry Cavill wanted to be Superman’

From his "review" of Man of Steel in Vice magazine.

Man of Steel‘s red carpet sucked & Cavill doesn’t like him: “I was also at Leicester Square earlier this year for the premiere of my film Oz, when the red carpet was a yellow brick road, but the night I saw the new Superman, I arrived incognito: 1) because it wasn’t my film, and 2) because I don’t think Henry Cavill would have wanted to see me there. Not that we’re enemies. Years ago we worked on a film together called Tristan and Isolde. My hunch is that he didn’t like me very much. I don’t know this for certain, but I know that I wouldn’t have liked myself back then because I was a difficult young actor who took himself too seriously.”

Henry’s obsession: “What Henry took seriously back then was Superman. He wanted to be Superman more than anything in the world. Personally, I’m not sure why. I missed the whole Superman-film phenomenon. I was more a fan of director Richard Donner’s Goonies and Lethal Weapon. I can understand the appeal the original Superman comics had for the WWII generation and its need for a hero to rid the world of evil, but in my days as a young man, this appeal was long outstripped by the cheesiness of the character’s suit and his douchey invincibility.”

Henry’s life won’t get better than this: “The night of the premiere I saw Henry from afar on the red carpet and knew this was the moment his whole life had been building toward.”

Then Franco remembers he’s writing a review: “So, what did we watch? A great film. But what makes me say this? Is it the nerd revolution that has brought our public taste to the point where comic-book characters and video games are now cool? Are these huge comic-book films the way for the world at large to embrace the subjects of these forms that are traditionally relegated to the nerd niche? Yes, in a way. But in another way, we are just wowed by the money that brings them to fruition.”

by Anonymousreply 17608/05/2013

In other words: "Blah Blah Blah Me Me Me Yadda Yadda Yadda."

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

I'm so glad Yale Graduate English accepted him. There's a brilliant young man with writing and interpretive talent.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

[quote]I can understand the appeal the original Superman comics had for the WWII generation and its need for a hero to rid the world of evil, but in my days as a young man, this appeal was long outstripped by the cheesiness of the character’s suit and his douchey invincibility.”

What a fucking pretentious twat. I'm actually younger than Franco and I LOVED the Chris Reeve Superman films when I was growing up. They were fun escapist fantasy. Superman I and II were always on tv back then and my friends and I watched them regularly.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

[quote]I mention the director because this distinction is now necessary in the wake of the new Spider-Man series that arose even before there was time to bury the corpse of the old one and enshroud it in the haze of nostalgia.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

[quote]My hunch is that he didn’t like me very much. I don’t know this for certain, but I know that I wouldn’t have liked myself back then because I was a difficult young actor who took himself too seriously.

My hunch is that Franco remains as much a self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual as he ever was.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

[quote] I was a difficult young actor who took himself too seriously.

And what, other than you being older, has changed since then?

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

"...and his douchey invincibility."

Franco is generally insane and annoying, but he hit the mark here. Superman is too far removed from the human sphere to be truly relatable. That's why I prefer Batman, Spider-Man, and other less puissant superheroes.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

Franco is the newer Kevin Spacey - increasingly apt to produce a pang of nausea when one stumbles into him because of the way hubris, smugness, and a secretly unhealthy life combine into a human stink bomb.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

Always so badly in need of an editor.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

[quote] Superman is too far removed from the human sphere to be truly relatable.

So true, such a lost opportunity. Can you imagine how successful the Superman cosmos could have been with your and James Franco's input.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

"I was a difficult young actor who took himself too seriously.”

WAS???

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

R10's flippant response doesn't take away from the fact that R7 is basically correct. Superman is inherently boring, especially in 2013 - the only reason it did well in this iteration is because Cavill is so attractive. It's obvious that Franco is incredibly jealous of Cavill, but that particular criticism of Superman? Totally spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

What a pretentious, underhanded, passive aggressive (and YES, insanely jealous) windbag. It's hilarious. He's only slightly saner than Amanda Bynes. The paps should be dogging HIM for more NPD quotes.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

I wonder if James is so jealous and hurt because Henry rejected him on the set of "Tristan and Isolde"? James talks about him the way that a spurned, would-be lover does - Henry is gay, but I doubt that James is his type.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2013

Now, how can you not empathize with those people who were his college professors? Imagine having to grade an essay which is basically self absorbed twaddle in order to get to the last paragraph which talks about the assigned subject.

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2013

Exactly r3. Boy is old as fuck (or looks it). Anyone born up to the early 80s would be au fait with Superman and the 2 films that started the blockbuster trend; Star Wars and Jaws.

Superman was repeated ad infinitum on TV and that was while the first franchise kept going.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2013

[quote]the night I saw the new Superman, I arrived incognito

Drag?

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2013

Why is he putting old irrelevant shit about an ex co-star out there? What a cunt.

I think he exaggerates anyway, Henry did try out for the Brandon Routh Superman but he was only 20 then. Very different now.

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2013

Wow, some pretty bitchy comments James made about Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2013

Franco was terrible in OZ, he was high as shit through the entire movie.

by Anonymousreply 2106/23/2013

Go brush yer teeth Franco

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

loser

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

If James Franco and Gwyneth Paltrow both dropped dead today, the world would be a much nicer place to live. Those two blowhards are the most annoying jerks on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2013

If time travel is ever perfect, you can BET that little Jimmy will way-back himself to the early 60's so that he can glom on to Warhol and the "scene" back them. Hopefully Warhol will call him out to his face as a phony opportunistic try-hard dilletante and send him back to the present with his tail between his legs.

I also do wonder, like some on here, if Cavill wisely saw through his act back then and decided to keep his distance. If so, props to him. He realized years ago what many are just seeing now.

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

Girls, girls. Please just kiss (passionately) and make up.

Please. For us.

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

But it sure as hell wouldn't be as fun, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

James Franco really needs a big fat cock in his mouth more often. With that distraction he'll be unable to say or write so much shit

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

Cavill isn't very bright - the understatement of the year - so I don't think it's that he perceived Franco's phoniness. I still think that Cavill spurned Franco somehow, and Franco holds a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

[quote]Cavill isn't very bright

He's pretty, so he doesn't have to be.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

Franco's a jealous cunt.He wishes he would get one of those superheroes films so he could pick and choose his own projects instead of slumming around on General Hospital!

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

"Goonies"? No creditability after he wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

I thought James Frano and Jake Gylenhaal used Henry for sex and them dumped him?

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

Well Franco had a superhero movie; he was in the McGuire Spiderman movies.

I don't think he said anything terrible about Henry. His comments mostly just reflect on himself.

There are some Behind the Scenes pics of Henry from Tristan and Isolde. First off, HC was gorgeous in that movie, and his acting was fine, even if the film was crap.

Secondly, you can see HC goofing around with his co-stars, making bunny ears behind their heads, cracking stupid grins; basically acting like a typical 20 year old kid of camera. It seems like he and his co-stars got along fine. Franco, was not in any of these pictures.

I think most of the cast was British. They are tightknit group/ Perhaps Franco was the only Yank in the group and maybe he just felt out of place. Plus I think JF may be bright, but I don't think he has a lick of common sense or much likability. So I have no trouble believing that A) He was a dick on the set, B) that he didn't hang out much with Henry and C) that Henry was probably more well liked on that set which might have added to James Franco's insecurity.

It seems that before Henry got settled into the Tudors, that he didn't quite have the stick up his ass that he does now, and he was more fun and spontaneous. The evolution to the current Stiff and Formal Henry seems to have occurred over the past 3-4 years.

You can even see the change in the interviews from Season 1 of Tudors through season 4 of the Tudors. He got stiffer and less spontaneous throughout. I think some PR group got a hold of him, and said This is your new personality. IF you want these kinds of parts ( Bond, Superman, etc) then you can't be a goofy kid living with gays and acting your age. Instead you need to project this very proper English Gentleman persona.

I think it is a shame because younger, relaxed Henry was adorable.

BTW, on the web there are several Red Carpet interviews of HC from when the MOS premiered in his home town. You can tell from those interviews that when he is home, that he is more relaxed. Even his accent is different. I read a post about this on IMDb and checked it out and they were right.

by Anonymousreply 3406/23/2013

That's some fanfiction you got going there, R33.

Not that all the parties involved aren't gay, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013

R34, when's the last time you saw sunlight?

by Anonymousreply 3606/23/2013

Oh please, like anyone would ever dump Henry. He's a God among men. Why he hasn't gotten sexiest man alive yet, I can't guess.

by Anonymousreply 3706/23/2013

R37, do you really need a lesson in how publicity works? Up until Superman, no one knew who the fuck he was. It's not about who is actually "sexy" or "most beautiful." It's about who has the best pr people.

by Anonymousreply 3806/23/2013

Henry is on a short and tightly controlled leash by DC Comics and MOS producers. He told the same story on Leno and Graham Norton about his nephew dressing up as Superman. Boring. He seems stiff and uncomfortable. And R33 sounds more like Austin Nichols.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2013

[quote]I was also at Leicester Square earlier this year for the premiere of my film Oz

Anyone who had anything to do with that film, much less was -- by far -- the worst actor in it, has no business talking about any other movie or actor. Oz was the most amateurish rubbish I have seen outside of community theater.

by Anonymousreply 4006/23/2013

R28 wins.

by Anonymousreply 4106/23/2013

R34 I meant starring. Like Douchebagman starring James Franco.I remember the Raimi films. He did GH in spite of doing Spiderman!

by Anonymousreply 4206/23/2013

Franco, who seems himself as Brando, on having a bad time making Tristan:

by Anonymousreply 4306/23/2013

MAN OF STEEL sucked. What a turd.

If they unleash a sequel, get other people please. What a painful experience.

by Anonymousreply 4406/23/2013

"goofy kid living with gays" = "goofy gay living with fellow gays"

There, I fixed the Henry Cavill story for you.

by Anonymousreply 4506/23/2013

R37, how can you say no one knew who the fuck he was before Superman, when even here on DL there have been threads about him for years.

He had a pretty good following from Tudors. True, he didn't have the name recognition of a Tom Cruise, but many knew of him.

R40, I have to agree, OZ was painful to watch. Franco is almost repellant on the screen. Though kind of cute when he was much younger, he looks terrible now, and I really do find him repulsive. His brother is better looking, but seems to have an even stronger douche vibe, though maybe not as flat out cray cray as James is

by Anonymousreply 4606/23/2013

R44 James Franco as Bor-el now that would be a start no?

by Anonymousreply 4706/23/2013

[quote]how can you say no one knew who the fuck he was before Superman, when even here on DL there have been threads about him for years.

Do you understand the difference between knowing and KNOWING? Of course many people knew who he was, but MOST of the public didn't until now. Hell, I've been here for years and up until Superman, I only saw his name on here, but couldn't tell you he was or what he looked like.

Do you think most of America knew about "The Tudors" (both the show and the fact that they actually existed)?

People magazine nonsense has nothing to do with who is actually the sexiest or best looking, it's about who has the best publicist - Gwyneth should've taught you that.

by Anonymousreply 4806/23/2013

Because personaity/charisma is part of sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 4906/23/2013

I figured that one out before Gwyneth, R48.

If vulpine Bradley Cooper can win, anybody can win.

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2013

If Troy Donahue can be a movie star, I can be a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2013

Yea, I Don't think anyone thinks that People's MotY covers are a result of some sort of statistically sound survey.

It has always been about the PR.

But I do disagree that people had no idea who HC was before MOS.

The Tudors was pretty popular in it's day, and HC was always the most talked about from that show.

I agree, he wasn't a household name, and he still isn't but it wasn't like he was truly a complete unknown. He had been featured on Just Jared several times, He was featured on this site, on ONTD, even Perez Hilton. So he was at least well enough known to get on those sites, which, means at least d-c list.

I really don't think he will have a huge career. He may get one or two other films outside of the Superman Franchise, but after that he will fade away, possibly popping up again in another Cable Series.

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2013

Oh hell yeah, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

His review reads like someone who's infatuated with Henry Cavill and is frustrated at the same time.

Putting imaginary barriers between them. Oh he's the star and I'm nothing:

" I don’t think Henry Cavill would have wanted to see me there."

"My hunch is that he didn’t like me very much."

"The night of the premiere I saw Henry from afar on the red carpet."

lol I'm pretty sure James is just projecting.

" this was the moment his whole life had been building toward.His dream had come true..."

"and I was happy for him"

However he does give good insight on Cavill's infatuation with the Superman role. He's right "this was his(Cavill)moment."

I wonder if James feels like he hasn't experience that moment, yet, in his career.His review almost sounds melancholic!

I'm beginning to think James' problem is not so much his ego but his inferiority complex. Why is there a need to feel like an outcast?

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

He does sound jealous, and like he has an inferiority complex.

He probably sees Cavill on the cover of magazines and it drives him crazy.

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2013

Also, as time has gone by, the talk about how good looking Franco is . . .

^^^^^^crickets^^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

I wonder if he'll every be satisified with a movie he's been it. He's slagged off "Tristan & Isolde", he's slagged off "Spiderman", "Your Highness"(for good reason). I'm waiting for him to slam "Oz".

[quote]I'm beginning to think James' problem is not so much his ego but his inferiority complex. Why is there a need to feel like an outcast?

He gave a joint interview w/ Sam Raimi for Oz and James talked about how he didn't feel like he got enough attention when shooting Spiderman. That Raimi was more focused on Tobey and Kristen. And adding to the fact that at the time James says he had feelings for Kristen but she was dating Tobey so he felt left out.

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

[quote]And adding to the fact that at the time James says he had feelings for Kristen but she was dating Tobey so he felt left out.

The crap celebrities say to the press is such a house of mirrors.

Kristen was dating Tobey IN THE MOVIE, as Franco well knows.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

I should clarify: Maguire and Dunst were dating off-screen as well. That's what Franco was supposedly jealous of as well as the fact that as an actor Maguire got all the attention from Raimi.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

I hope Henry responds, I love when grown men start throwing shade. James is a little bitch!

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

I don't think Cavill has it in him to respond.

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

This compulsive need to feel inferior is really off putting. Actually I think it finally explains his fascination with the gay culture. It's that need to feel different/ an outcast that is manifesting itself.

Self-esteem issues 101

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2013

James should blackmail Henry into gay sex!

"Put up or I'll out you!"

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

R59: Tobey was the lead; James was supporting. So, of course, Tobey got more attention.

And Tobey was not dating any woman off-screen.

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2013

[quote]Superman is too far removed from the human sphere to be truly relatable.

And that's what this movie could have been about. The world has every right to fear him and he needs to prove why he gives a fuck and cares.

This film missed the mark on this point. Instead we get a Superman that doesn't seem to care he's killing the last living Kryptonians and innumerable earthlings in the process of doing so.

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2013

dude is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 6606/27/2013

[quote]Henry is on a short and tightly controlled leash by DC Comics and MOS producers. He told the same story on Leno and Graham Norton about his nephew dressing up as Superman. Boring. He seems stiff and uncomfortable.

It's all VERY obvious just how controlled he is by TBTB and his PR. Like you said, he says the same boring shit in every interview. Notice how he sticks to talking about the film and the filmmaking process and barely tells any personal stories about himself like most celebs do in interview. His only personal "stories" are the nephew story and the "Fat Cavill" story that he's been telling since a magazine interview he did in 2009.

He's not going to last long in this business with no personality in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 6706/27/2013

I agree with you, R67. I haven't seen a ton of interviews with him, but the ones I have seen are complete snoozefests. I don't want to say he's a himbo, because it's not that he comes off as dumb, just boring. He doesn't have much to say even on that very rare occasion when an interesting, original question is posed.

When you're that hot, you can coast on your looks - no personality needed. See: Brad Pitt

by Anonymousreply 6806/27/2013

James Franco has no right to speak for Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 6906/27/2013

[quote]I thought James Frano and Jake Gylenhaal used Henry for sex and them dumped him?

According to Keram on here Cavill romanced Jake and Jake thought it was the real deal, only to find Cavill boning some other dude in Canada. A used condom in the bin was the proof!

Honestly, I don't know why I come here. Jake is either the straightest straight that ever straighted or he's a deeply closeted miss priss (who has incidentally dumped one model, for the next current one).

by Anonymousreply 7006/27/2013

[quote]James Franco has no right to speak for Cavill.

He didn't speak for him, he gave his opinion about him.

[quote]When you're that hot, you can coast on your looks - no personality needed. See: Brad Pitt.

Lord knows I'm not a Brad Pitt fan, but I disagree about him not having any personality. I've enjoyed his interviews where he talks about not believing in God or religion and he's been very vocal about gay rights. How many other celebs have the guts to say they think "god" is a bunch of bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 7106/27/2013

I think Brad Pitt has a personality of sorts, just not a profound intellect. (To be fair, most actors don't. And yes, Brad is right about agnosticism/atheism... So good for him there.) Unfortunately, Cavill has neither personality nor intellect - unlucky break.

by Anonymousreply 7206/27/2013

Maybe Cavill should get high

by Anonymousreply 7306/27/2013

Megan fox is proof you can't always count on your look's, so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7406/27/2013

Loathe Pitt, but he obviously has star quality and charisma, also intelligent in comparison to some stars. One of Hollywood's legends at the moment in terms of status, so way ahead of some newcomer.

Henry is just pretty... vacant. You don't fuck a personality though, so I wouldn't give a damn if I was his bf.

by Anonymousreply 7506/27/2013

[quote]Megan fox is proof you can't always count on your look's, so wrong.

No, she's proof that if you're not willing to fuck every snake in the business, there's another hot girl just waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 7606/27/2013

james douche franco

by Anonymousreply 7706/27/2013

Franco's new movie "The Garden of Last Days" is filming in Winston-Salem. They put out a casting call today. Thinking about going.

by Anonymousreply 7806/27/2013

Go, r78!

by Anonymousreply 7906/27/2013

I thought Franco was pretty funny when Howard Stern interviewed him - he certainly wasn't a bore.

by Anonymousreply 8006/27/2013

[quote]Megan fox is proof you can't always count on your look's, so wrong.

Colin Farrell too - and even he was fun in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 8106/27/2013

[quote]I don't think Cavill has it in him to respond.

Of course not. He's a total wimp who's too scared to be himself or have an opinion.

I remember watching footage of him at Comic Con last year and some guy in the audience dissed him about something and everyone in the audience said "Ooooooh!" and Cavill didn't say one fucking thing. Total wimp.

by Anonymousreply 8206/27/2013

r82 you can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 8306/27/2013

The nuts at Comic Con are rude and immature to begin with. If someone dissed Cavill, I think he took the high road by not responding back. Why should he? He's famous, rich, and handsome. The person who dissed him probably lives in his mom's attic!

by Anonymousreply 8406/27/2013

Uh-oh...Henbot is back!

Face it - Cavill has NO personality and looks/acts constipated in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 8506/27/2013

What was the diss? How did Henry react? His reaction will tell us whether he is a wimp or not.

by Anonymousreply 8906/27/2013

[quote]Years ago we worked on a film together called Tristan and Isolde. My hunch is that he didn’t like me very much. I don’t know this for certain, but I know that I wouldn’t have liked myself back then because I was a difficult young actor who took himself too seriously.

I'm starting to wonder if "difficult young actor" James Franco fucked innocent young actor Henry Cavill while they co-starred on Tristan and Isolde, only to dump him promptly thereafter.

Maybe James is regretting having dumped that incredibly hot pieces of ass.

by Anonymousreply 9006/27/2013

[quote]Franco's new movie "The Garden of Last Days" is filming in Winston-Salem. They put out a casting call today. Thinking about going.

Franco has abruptly bailed on the movie.

[quote]Slated to start shooting in just a couple of weeks, Deadline reports that Franco has walked from the movie, effectively shutting it down, and leaving the $3 million dollar indie on ice. So what's the beef? Well, apparently, the crew Franco wanted to work with couldn't get insured/bonded and when backers Millenium Films wouldn't approve his team, the artiste said sayonara. So far $500,000 had been spent on the movie but now it's effectively dead, as Franco was both helmer and star. Emilia Clarke from "Game Of Thrones" had also been slotted for a role.

by Anonymousreply 9106/27/2013

[quote]MAN OF STEEL sucked. What a turd. If they unleash a sequel, get other people please. What a painful experience.

I agree. Henry Cavill can't act worth shit. Between that and his boring as hell personality in interviews, he will NOT have a long career.

by Anonymousreply 9206/27/2013

According to DL fave Perez Hilton, Franco is hiding out from a team of lawyers. Apparently he said some not very nice things about his college prof, who gave him a poor grade, and the prof wants to see him in court.

by Anonymousreply 9306/27/2013

I forgot that he was responsible for some professor getting fired.

What a dick!

by Anonymousreply 9406/27/2013

Can you imagine actually losing your job - any job - due to the opinion and character attacks of... James Franco?

by Anonymousreply 9506/27/2013

R92 = Brandon Routh

by Anonymousreply 9606/27/2013

R96 = Fat Cavill

by Anonymousreply 9706/27/2013

And yet another thread devolves into a fight among the fat friendless comic book fucking freaks.

by Anonymousreply 9906/27/2013

You gotta admit though, it's pretty fucking hilarious seeing them go at it.

by Anonymousreply 10106/27/2013

Those are fat boy thighs, no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 10206/27/2013

That's husky, R100.

by Anonymousreply 10306/27/2013

Henry is losing his looks. He should really reconsider his career and get back to prostituting himself out to the higher ups. He can easily be replaced by Matt Bomer.

Henry is turning into an alligator. His limited charm is coming to an end and really needs to stuff himself with some cock for more jobs.

James has a steady career and will stay relevant for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 10406/27/2013

Franco so desperately wants Cavill's arse... it's kind of sad actually, since he'll never get it.

by Anonymousreply 10506/27/2013

^Franco

by Anonymousreply 10606/27/2013

I agree with everything R104 said. BTW, you had me LMAO with this:

[quote]Henry is turning into an alligator.

He does kind of look like an alligator lately! His face looks really long and pointy.

by Anonymousreply 10706/27/2013

[quote]And even moreso if he *were* actually gay, which I'm now ambivalent about.

Ambivalent? He IS gay, you pathetic frau.

by Anonymousreply 10806/27/2013

[quote]Franco so desperately wants Cavill's arse... it's kind of sad actually, since he'll never get it.

Please. JF could have ANY guy he wanted, and HC isn't even all that. There are plenty of hotter guys out there than that borderline fatso.

by Anonymousreply 10906/27/2013

At least he has a career, Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 11006/27/2013

R109 is obviously trolling.

Whatever you may think of his shit acting, Cavill is drop dead gorgeous. The man's painfully hot.

That's not up for debate.

by Anonymousreply 11106/27/2013

Has the Paula Deen scandal blown over yet?

by Anonymousreply 11206/27/2013

r112 You need help or something? There are plenty of threads on that racist. Please don't bring her into this one as well.

by Anonymousreply 11306/27/2013

[quote]And yet another thread devolves into a fight among the fat friendless comic book fucking freaks.

Every thread is starting to seem like this to me.

by Anonymousreply 11406/27/2013

I might have to challenge the "comic book" part because I don't see any of that in the argument.

by Anonymousreply 11506/27/2013

James probably popped Henry's boycherry and now regrets letting it go.

He definitively fucked Aaron Tveit. Didn't he?

He certainly likes fresh talent.

by Anonymousreply 11606/27/2013

[quote]Whatever you may think of his shit acting, Cavill is drop dead gorgeous. The man's painfully hot. That's not up for debate.

First of all, you sound like a fanatic and a freak who gets upset if someone doesn't like your favorite celeb.

Second, in YOUR opinion he's "drop dead gorgeous" and "painfully hot" (BTW those descriptions make you sound like a pathetic gushing schoolgirl). Did you ever stop to think that not everyone is into guys with receding hairlines, look a decade older than they are, have fucked up teeth, look white as a wall, and have hippo thighs?

by Anonymousreply 11706/27/2013

^Give it a rest already, Brandon!

by Anonymousreply 11806/27/2013

Yeah, R117 and even with all that, you'd spread your ass cheeks for him without a moment's hesitation. Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 11906/28/2013

I would like some of whatever r117 is smoking. I'm not into Cavill, but I can still admit he's a hot guy. Ken Doll-perfect types like Cavill and Bomer freak my shit out and make me feel asexual for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 12006/28/2013

Perhaps the animosity between the two stems from the fact that they are both very different types of gays (milquetoast fitness freak vs. studiedly outrageous hipster).

by Anonymousreply 12106/28/2013

I just had to come back to respond to you, R117, because you made me laugh incredibly hard.

Not that it matters or you'd believe me, but I have never, repeat never seen a movie or television program with Henry Cavill. Ever. I've seen a couple of youtube clips on here of interviews and I've seen pictures. I referred to his "shit acting" because other posts mentioned it.

The man is gorgeous and I highly doubt even you believe the nonsense you're spewing about his looks. It's one thing to say he's not your type, but you come off so silly, but still amusing. I'd probably watch you in something before him. You're far more entertaining.

I don't have a favorite celebrity because I'm an adult, but if I sound like a "fanatic and a freak" for my "favorite celeb," then you sound like a freak he rejected or some jilted lay.

by Anonymousreply 12206/28/2013

Well as douchey and dim as Franco can be, he has a point. I don't think he is jealous of the role, but maybe of the discipline required to get into the tights and sustain the hype.

Man of Steel is two bad films in one. A murder of iconography for no good artistic or psychological reason. Senseless exposition and then catastrophic out of character violence and a little pep talk from Lois. Christ figure turned vigilante. No reason but to put together a block buster. Pretty shabby for Nolan. Character assassination, but the character is fucking Superman.

Cavill is the beefiest of the beefs, and will get another two films out of it, but it is a terrible movie, and he is not exactly talented. The movie is too crap to even be called cynical or exploitation. Just murder.

Why Cavill wanted to be Superman is clear and cynical and easier to understand. Who else is he gonna be? Gerard Butler? Bout right. Even you fangirly boys fail to acknowledge how fast and fickle your tastes are. Cavill would have a much longer career in porn than he will on the big screen.

Franco can have both.

by Anonymousreply 12306/28/2013

[quote]Wow, some pretty bitchy comments James made about Cavill.

It's certainly interesting to speculate whether this has something to do with them working together on "Tristan & Isolde" and whether or not James wants Henry.

by Anonymousreply 12406/28/2013

For what is worth I think Brandon Routh is stunningly beautiful. It's really sad Partners wasn't the opportunity he was looking for, and that he was partnered with that troll Michael Urie. UGh!

Franco should do hire Routh for one of those Palo Alto films :)

by Anonymousreply 12506/28/2013

R125 = Brandon Routh

by Anonymousreply 12606/28/2013

Cavil wasn't a milque toast fitness freak before beefing up for Superman. He seemed fun as has been stated here.

He is stunningly good lookign and Franco is the classic homo with self image problems who is good looking but doesn't think so so he throws shade at other good looking men.

by Anonymousreply 12706/28/2013

I listened to Franco's interview on Howard Stern and he sounded like a cool and funny guy.

by Anonymousreply 12806/28/2013

Franco tried out for the role of Spider-Man, he just didn't get the part. So I don't understand why he's ragging on Henry doing Superman. I'm sure James would have jumped at the chance to be Spider-Man instead of the dopey sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 12906/28/2013

So everyone here basically takes it for granted that James is gay?

by Anonymousreply 13006/28/2013

Your point, R131?

by Anonymousreply 13106/28/2013

r125, I wish Partners would have been better. I like Brandon Routh and Michael Urie, and I think they could have been good in a decent show.

by Anonymousreply 13206/28/2013

Cavill is shiny and new, so he wins.

by Anonymousreply 13306/28/2013

Henry needs to respond. DL would talk about the feud for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 13406/28/2013

Why in the fuck would James be jealous of that no-talent HC? James has been nominated for an Oscar - something that will NEVER happen with HC. A plank of wood can act better than Cavill.

by Anonymousreply 13506/28/2013

r136 = James

by Anonymousreply 13606/28/2013

[quote]Henry is turning into an alligator. His limited charm is coming to an end and really needs to stuff himself with some cock for more jobs.

HA HA HA HA!!!

by Anonymousreply 13706/28/2013

R123 , why so bitter? You're curiously bitter. Are you one of Henry's exes?

by Anonymousreply 13806/28/2013

[quote] A plank of wood can act better than Cavill.

I'd like to see his wood.

by Anonymousreply 13906/28/2013

Franco's going to be jealous if these two hook up:

[quote]Armie Hammer excited to work with Henry Cavill

by Anonymousreply 14006/28/2013

Cavill's doing a Guy Ritchie movie???

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 14106/28/2013

Mmmmmm, R141. Henry and Armie would make very beautiful babies.

by Anonymousreply 14206/28/2013

James needs to find his own pocket gay so that he doesn't feel the need to hate on other gays.

I nominate Chandler Massey!!

by Anonymousreply 14306/28/2013

They announced today that Franco's new movie (see r78) is on hold so it is basically dead.

by Anonymousreply 14406/28/2013

There they go again, trying to shove the untalented Armie Hammer down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 14506/28/2013

R142, I know right? The Man From Uncle with Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes style punning and headache inducing swooshy swoosh cuts and edits - yawn.

Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer - that's a whole lotta rich pretty white boy blandness.

By the way, ta R108, that's the first time I've ever been branded a frau on DL. Honoured!

by Anonymousreply 14606/28/2013

Hammer isn't an amazing actor, but he's got a lot more charisma than Cavill does. I would rather watch them make out than act in a move together, though.

by Anonymousreply 14706/28/2013

I get the feeling Henry used to be a fussy diva and James had to savagely roughen him up in bed to shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 14806/28/2013

Does he want a lollipop? I'll give it to him!

by Anonymousreply 14906/29/2013

Cavill is the new, hot thing. Whether he has staying power, no clue, but he's now financially set for life and famous for the foreseeable future.

He's certainly nice to look at, but so help me if I see/hear one more female say "my ovaries just exploded" or any variation on that line, I'm going in with an ice cream scoop to take them out.

by Anonymousreply 15006/29/2013

R151, same for any talk about mussies.

by Anonymousreply 15106/29/2013

Henry's IMDB page is filled with slutty girls with no self-respect. I wonder how he feels with the girls acting that way because of his looks and not his talent.

by Anonymousreply 15206/29/2013

2011:[quote]"Henry Cavill is very fond of the boys and I think most in the industry here know that he prefers that team. Nonetheless, he hopes to develop his career much more broadly in the good old USA and he will not, as you say, come out any time soon. The pressures are enormous to hide his homosexuality. Agents, studios and all will see to it that this hunk has a babe by his side when in public and his private life will be closely monitored‚ same way as it has been forever in Hollywood for leading men who are gay; $$$$rules and the studios don't think the public will accept openly gay leading men. Only Henry can put a stop to it and the pressures are great to see that he doesn't if he wants to be a leading man in the movies. Same sad old story.

So sweet:

by Anonymousreply 15306/29/2013

^Fiona Fangurl

by Anonymousreply 15506/29/2013

[quote]Henry's IMDB page is filled with slutty girls with no self-respect. I wonder how he feels with the girls acting that way because of his looks and not his talent.

Honey, he's got no talent and his looks are all he's got going for him. Once those go, good luck to him getting roles.

[quote]Whether he has staying power, no clue, but he's now financially set for life and famous for the foreseeable future.

Financially set for life? You do realize he was probably paid no more than a few million since he was basically an unknown before. Plus, look at all the famous actors/actresses who have several hits and still end up broke somehow. Sure, he's got more money now than he had before, but to say he's "set for life" is a bit of stretch.

by Anonymousreply 15606/29/2013

James Franco is one of those trolls that came onto the scene a few years back and is now totally irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 15706/29/2013

He just had a hit with THIS IS THE END, so that's not really true, r158.

by Anonymousreply 15806/29/2013

Don't forget OZ and SPRING BREAKERS were also huge hits too.

Whether you like James or not, most of his films are hits, unlike Cavill (Cold Light of Day and Blood Creek anyone?).

by Anonymousreply 15906/29/2013

Even Woody Allen couldn't get a good performance out of Henry.

by Anonymousreply 16006/29/2013

R116 If I were James, I definitely wouldn't have let these chances go.

by Anonymousreply 16107/01/2013

If James and Henry did hook up, who was the top?

by Anonymousreply 16207/01/2013

Probably James, R163, since Henry is a total bottom from what I hear.

But they may have just done some intensive oral. Not everyone goes all the way with every guy.

by Anonymousreply 16307/01/2013

No sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 16407/08/2013

No way they fucked. Cavill clearly turned Franco down. He sounds extremely bitter.

by Anonymousreply 16507/08/2013

Bitter or not, he's right:

[quote]Henry’s obsession: “What Henry took seriously back then was Superman. He wanted to be Superman more than anything in the world. Personally, I’m not sure why. I missed the whole Superman-film phenomenon. I was more a fan of director Richard Donner’s Goonies and Lethal Weapon. I can understand the appeal the original Superman comics had for the WWII generation and its need for a hero to rid the world of evil, but in my days as a young man, this appeal was long outstripped by the cheesiness of the character’s suit and his douchey invincibility.”

[quote]Henry’s life won’t get better than this: “The night of the premiere I saw Henry from afar on the red carpet and knew this was the moment his whole life had been building toward.”

JF has never been shy when it comes to being honest.

by Anonymousreply 16607/08/2013

He really burned Cavill there.

James needs to come clean and tell us what really went down there. Was it only oral? Did he make Cavill get on all fours?

by Anonymousreply 16707/08/2013

The LA Times just called Franco "unsexy" in today's Sunday paper.

by Anonymousreply 16807/08/2013

R169 Uh oh...

Missy is going to throw a mean bitchfest. Isn't She?

by Anonymousreply 16907/08/2013

So what gay in the industry has James pissed off? He sure isnt getting any love as of late, its almost like he's been black listed. He will just continue to get more bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 17007/08/2013

Franco's jealous snark has raised eyebrows, but I do think this unsolicited commentary stems from jealousy. I have no idea of they had something or not, but it's clear that Franco is envious of Henry right now.

If Henry remains silent towards Franco's comments, all the better. So what he's wanted to be Superman forever, there's nothing wrong with that, especially since he is now the best Superman with a film that is approaching $600 million worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 17107/08/2013

Is it true? Cavill had group sex before he became famous? Someone talked about that. Is he gay or bi? I think he is bi!

by Anonymousreply 17208/02/2013

What group sex?

by Anonymousreply 17308/02/2013

I can't think of anybody who is more self-absorbed and annoying than Franco. OK maybe Gosling too.

Why would you even comment on something that obvious.

by Anonymousreply 17408/02/2013

"Thread closed"

by Anonymousreply 17508/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!