Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angela Davis ***SLAMS*** Paula Deen For Making Money Off Black History! 'Her Fried Chicken Has Come Home To Roost'

How do you feel about chef, Paula Deen's racist remarks? Hear what a REAL BLACK WOMAN, Angela Davis, has to say about it!

by Anonymousreply 9206/26/2013

R1 she is not allowed to have an opinion?

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Oh. Not that Angela Davis.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

Not true R1.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

THIS Angela Davis was articulate and concise.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

An all-white jury acquitted The Angela Davis you are referring to.

And she's a wonderful writer.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

I have not seen the video, but I really have a problem with the notion that anyone "owns" history. The notion that history is some how the intellectual property of Black History, LLC or Holocaust, Inc. is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

Dumbass, white people own history because the extra money they have in wealth is based on it. The video has Angela Davis criticizing Paula Deen for profiting from southern soul food without acknowledging the African roots of it.

Anyway, to try to defend Paula Deen is silly. She's a high school educated cracker who doesn't know any better. Until now.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

We also know from the genealogy show that Paula's ancestors were Confederate politicians and slave owners.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

I'm biracial, so excuse my language. I either have a right to say what I want or no right to say anything, depending on whether or not ulterior motives are involved.

I loathe Paula Deen, but not because she used the word "nigger."

I loathe these panel people, racist blacks and professional victims who lurk waiting for a chance to cash in on a gotcha. It's very - as we say in my neighborhood - niggery. Because the race issues in this country are not going to be addressed by taking down a second-rate big-haired phony white woman who at least had the honesty to admit she used the word when provoked by a black man committing a crime against her. SO FUCKING WHAT?

Meanwhile, give our black leaders a free pass for systematically bleeding the community while feathering their nests, and making a joke of our community by making it look like everyone except Julian Bond and Barbara Jordan were crooks.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

Her argument is silly. Because worse things have happened, empathy can't be paid for all various types of sadness and/or pain?

There is not a finite amount that a person can feel.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

And I loathe you for buying into that GOP propaganda. How are these people "cashing in"? They aren't. It's not like t.v. is going to call this lady up and ask her for her opinion on Georgia-USSR relations. You are the one making it into a big deal and putting an inappropriate political spin on it. You are the professional victim here.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

[quote]The video has Angela Davis criticizing Paula Deen for profiting from southern soul food without acknowledging the African roots of it.

The African roots, the French roots, the Acadian roots...

It is like not acknowledging that tap dancing has as much to do with the enormous influx during the 1830s and 40s of Northern European immigrants that had a clogging tradition.

As is the case of many thing American soul food is a blend of many cultures, and is probably more representative of a common economic heritage than a common ethnic one.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

How many of you in here have never used that word in a joke or in any form? Should you be fired?

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2013

R14, what is distinctive in southern cooking comes from the Africans, not from any of the other influences which also operated on the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2013

This Angela Davis was born in Germany and is named after Michelangelo.

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2013

This Angela Davis' expertise is FASHION.

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2013

R9, you really want anyone to respect YOUR post when you just called Ms. Deen a CRACKER? Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2013

R16, Absolutely, untrue. And, southern cooking and soul food are not interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2013

Dear God, it is irritating to see so many ill-informed, idiotic arguments made on here.

1) The Food Network had every right to fire Paula Deen. She was not just an average employee. She wasn't a PA or a dishwasher or a janitor. She was hired by them for her image and her brand. In their contract, they have a stipulation that if her off-camera behavior causes controversy, they can fire her. It did. As others have pointed out, this was Deen's second controversy under them and they clearly had enough.

2) Isaiah Washington was a black man who was fired for saying the F-word at work. I don't want to read another ridiculous claim that it would never happen. It HAS happened, idiots! As it should.

3) The complaint against Paula was about her behavior as a boss and owner. The employee complained that Paula was using the N-word at work where there were black employees. As a black man, if I found out my boss was calling me a "N-word" behind my back, you can bet your ass I would sue. Paula's story about how she can only remember using that word when a black man robbed her is so fucking ridiculous, it should be laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 2206/22/2013

Oh poor, r23. Such hardship for you having to be inconvenienced when a minority group doesn't want to be called derogatory names. How small of you.

The good news here is that when people are prejudiced in professional settings, the majority are speaking out against it. This Paula Deen story will cause some boss somewhere to reconsider being a bold racist and that's not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2013

Paula Deens punishment should be a life time prohibition from fried chicken and watermelon. that would pain her daily.

by Anonymousreply 2506/22/2013

Put her on a margarine diet, r25. No more butter for her, ever.

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2013

Who even knew Angela Davis was still alive !

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2013

[quote]3) The complaint against Paula was about her behavior as a boss and owner. The employee complained that Paula was using the N-word at work where there were black employees. As a black man, if I found out my boss was calling me a "N-word" behind my back, you can bet your ass I would sue. Paula's story about how she can only remember using that word when a black man robbed her is so fucking ridiculous, it should be laughed at

How do you know this is what the complaint alleged? Have you seen it? How do you know it wasn't perhaps others who worked with or for Paula Deen who used the N word? She employs an awful lot of people and yet SHE is the one who gets sued, of course, who is left holding the proverbial bag. You have already tried and convicted her. Have YOU ever heard her use the word? Why is everyone so quick to jump on the "she is a racist" bandwagon?

There have been some black people she has had close affiliations with who have been interviewed on television who said there is no way in hell she is a racist.

Seems like a perfect storm to me.

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2013

Ugh, the "biracial" guy is back.

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2013

I can't believe I got sucked into this thread. Really OP - Angela Davis??

Now we all know it wasn't Angela Davis - it was Michaela Angela Davis - an image consultant.

The piece was terrible.

I can't really work up any interest in defending or attacking Deen.

But at least Deen has actually done something - made some food.

I'm not at all sure what this image consultant has done. Except for probably confusing soul food with Southern cooking.

by Anonymousreply 3006/22/2013

Southern cooking was often prepared by slaves. Many elements of soul food can be traced back to Africa. They are entwined.

by Anonymousreply 3106/22/2013

Southern cooking was often prepared by cooks imported from France, as well. The slaves picked up techniques while working in the kitchen. The flow of information went two ways. The problem is that you fail to make a distinction between Southern cooking and soul food. Soul food was the diet of the lower economic levels. Most of it would never have found its way on a plantation diner table under any circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 3206/22/2013

Lower economic levels, were the majority of white southerners.

by Anonymousreply 3306/22/2013

R31 - are you sure? I'm going to guess you are speculating with little to no information - just like Davis.

But heck if you have a source for tracing the roots of Paula Deen's recipes not back to Southern culture in general - but Southern African-American culture let's see it.

Of all the things to be critical of Paula Deen for - not going far enough in attributing her brand to African-American cooks seems silly.

by Anonymousreply 3406/22/2013

LOL my family watched a clip of Ms Davis saying that...we cracked up

by Anonymousreply 3506/22/2013

This really boils down to a stubborn culture of bigotry that continues to appeal to the more ignorant feeble minded members of our society. R23 is a prime example. He/She has not read the deposition and has no factual knowledge of the case. However the case is merely another opportunity for bigots to justify their hate. They are the equivalent of modern day cave people. Only capable of a very low level of thought. White man good. Black man bad. Me white man. Me good. Dissatisfied and insecure about their own lack of talent, ability and achievement; they must have a scapegoat. They have to have someone to blame for their failures. Someone to feel superior to. Thank you R22 for reminding us all about Isaiah Washington. White gays demanded Washington's termination. There is indeed a huge double standard. The difference for them is they believe black/ minorities are inferior and disrespecting an inferior population is appropriate. So Paula Deen's behavior is acceptable. Its understandable. Isaiah Washington's is not. He is an inferior being and he may not disparage his superior white male co-workers. Basically Washington didn't know his place. It is amazing that the fall out from a civil suit brought by a white female is now being presented as the product of the maliciousness of black people. Black people who seduced Deen into using the word or gave her the impression that it was acceptable to use the word. We terrible black people have hurt the good and righteous upstanding southern white woman. Once again black people don't know their place. We don't know that we are inferior and disparagement of minorities is perfectly acceptable. Despite the fact that it was Paula Deen's decision to run her business poorly and allow the circumstances that created a potentially hostile work environment. Despite the fact that the racial slurs are only a small part of the central issue of the civil suit. It is all our fault. We black people are to blame. Shame on us. The hypocrisy of some members of the white gay community is often astounding. They will march and petition for equal rights and respect everyday of the week; yet at the same time do everything that they can to disrespect and deny minorities equal rights. It very sad and very frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 3706/22/2013

Bitch look nothin' like me.

by Anonymousreply 3906/22/2013

Ok now I see why quite a few AA's still love PD, and were on her page saying that she cooked food the way their grannies cooked.

History of southern food at the link.

First it was the NA's that helped, then the A's that came & brought many things and techniques.

by Anonymousreply 4006/22/2013

R37 - you'll get no argument from me on two issues: 1) Hypocritical racism/classism seen in many whsite gay men. In shor -"yes please help us pass our local gay civil rights ordinance. Oh and BTW don't think for a minute we will help you build a homeless shelter close to our recently re-habed house.

2) Homophobia among religious African-Americans. A great example of this is that urban myth about African-American men being on the down low. Or the exit polling after the Prop 8 vote.

My own casual observation is that neither community is very anxious to deal with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 4106/22/2013

R37, your long screed has all been said before. You are making sweeping judgments and generalizations.

And your post is racist.

by Anonymousreply 4206/22/2013

I was going to say that this is not the same Angela Davis. Although AD is light skinned, when I met her in SF a few times she had a freckled face and was gorgeous in the past decade or so.

by Anonymousreply 4306/22/2013

Here's Angela today, she's got to be about 70 or heading towards it.

Can someone tell me if lightskinned blacks crack? I mean naomi, etc doesn't, but what about lighter ones/biracial blacks? She looks AMAZING for getting up towards 70!

by Anonymousreply 4406/22/2013

[R11] if I could give you a 'like' or a thumbs up for your post, I would. So I'll just say that I agree 100% with what you said.

by Anonymousreply 4506/22/2013

Thanks R42 for joining the discussion actually we didn't really need to hear from you today though. You probably could have taken the day off. I covered your position fairly well in my post. Your belief is that I'm black so its all my fault. I'm the racist. We black folks are always causing trouble for the good and righteous white man. Shame on us for our racism, holding the white man down. Shame on us for preventing you and R23 from enjoying your lives.I sincerely apologize for inconveniencing you. Please forgive me sir. I and a group of my friends will make it up to you by dressing as slaves and serving at your wedding. I really want to thank you for helping to prove my point. You attack my post and call it racist; while people like R23 can post bullshit all day long and you would never say a word. Again I know its my fault. Please excuse me for not knowing my place. Since you are so familiar with my thoughts (having been all said before); next time you encounter them feel free to opt out of the discussion. Particularly if the only response you can come up with is that my post is racist. We are all well aware and familiar with your position on these matters. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 4606/23/2013

Fried cooking and breading were brought over to America by Scottish and Irish immigrants. The bulk of them settled in the South.

Chickens, pigs, and dairy cows did not exist in Sub-Sahara Africa before Europeans introduced those animals. West Africans lived on a tropical diet.

by Anonymousreply 4706/23/2013

Well that's a complete lie. Most Bantu societies were herding societies where wealth was measured in cows. And they had pigs and chickens too. You're just not very bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 4806/23/2013

Cattle were first domesticated in Africa (chickens in E or SE Asia, Pigs in W. Asia). But they had been in Africa long before the Euros and Americans got there.

by Anonymousreply 4906/23/2013

Wheat has always been a staple in Egypt.

Face it: Africans taught the South how to eat rice, barley, bananas, plantains, okra, sorghum, lentils, millet, coconut, and tapioca.

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2013

I looked it up again and chickens were introduced in West Africa around 600AD, before European exploration.

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2013

Wow, R47. You just spout ignorant shit like it's dead-solid fact.

Ever hear of guineafowl? Where, pray tell, is Guinea? In fact, this area of Africa was prime ground for white slave hunters. Many varieties of African guineafowl (domesticated by native tribespeople) were developed and used in cookery for many centuries before we were grabbed up and transported to the Americas.

That's just one example.

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2013

Damn those blacks for teaching Paula Deen how to make Velveeta fudge and fruit cocktail dump cake. Have you ever looked at her recipes? It's all convenience food crap. Her heritage is Women's Day and Family Circle from the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

Just ask that Black actor that used to be on Grey's Anatomy r21.

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

Chicken fried steak was created by the German immigrants who settled in the south. It was originally called Wiener Schnitzel only not much port so they adapted the recipe to chicken.

Paula makes a mean chicken fried steak, its not soul food so deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2013

Here's a Paula Deen confection made with Cool Whip and canned chocolate sauce. Before you argue about where she got her recipes from, force yourself to read them.

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

R46 = Angry Black Man

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

The white plantation families would toss ham hocks to the slaves because ham hocks were considered bottom of the barrel part of the pig.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

I agree with you R57, wow! good grief!

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

R57 Thank you for categorizing me with the most convenient stereotype available to your limited intellect. I'm going to do you a favor and refrain from doing you that same disservice. I'm not going to mention caftans or earrings. I promise. As I said before I'm so happy your brain was able to find the angry black man stereotype We certainly don't want to make these things too complicated. White man good. Black man bad. Me white man me good He black man he bad. You did well. You get a gold star for today.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

I thought r53 was joking...

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

We'll know when Angela dies, stupid poster, because she'll be lying in state in the capital rotunda.

Angela, they put you in prison Angela, they shot down your man Angela, you`re one of the millions of political prisoners in the world.

Sister, there's wind that never dies Sister, we're breathing together Sister, our loves and hopes forever keep on moving oh so slowly in the world.

Angela, can you hear the earth is turning? Angela, the world watches you.

Angela, you soon will be returning to your sisters and brothers of the world.

Sister, you`re still a people teacher Sister, your word reaches far Sister, there`s a million different races but we all share the same future in the world.

They gave you sunshine They gave you sea They gave you everything but the jailhouse key. They gave you coffee They gave you tea They gave you everything but equality

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2013

Until Dr. Cornell West states his opinion on Paula Dean/Paula Done, I'm holding my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

R60, not only are you an angry black man, you seem like a real asshole, too. All your rantings do not evidence anything about race relations or further any positive or peaceful or loving or uplifting solutions. A bridge of peace and respect has to be built in BOTH directions. All that anger you have? How's that workin' out for ya? You need to go read some Maya Angelou, stat!

And all your vitriol does nothing more than indicate YOUR unique psychopathology.

You might want to take that chip off your shoulder and get off the cross. We need the wood.

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2013

Imagine this country looking like Sweden if there was never slavery. Lincoln would never have been killed. No civil war. No civil rights acts.

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2013

Lincoln wants the blacks shipped back to Africa. He also stated that he never wanted them holding any position of authority. There's Obama over their touting him as a saint, doing that train ride, and holding that Bible. Why are people so goddamn stupid when it comes to America's history?

by Anonymousreply 6606/23/2013

I believe he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 6706/23/2013

My Irish-Catholic uncle had an affair with Angela Davis back in the 60's. He was a wild guy involved in law enforcement and had quite a life back then. Wish I could say more, but it doesn't seem right to go into details here.

by Anonymousreply 6806/23/2013

R57 and R42 you are both morons.

Why would you even go there? These posters are responding with thought-provoking analysis of actual, nasty behavior in 2013 by successful, rich people (Paula Deen) and ignorant posters on this thread and yet you can only resort to have to resort to one-note dismissals every bit as objectionable as the "n" word?

by Anonymousreply 6906/23/2013

R69, and calling someone a moron ISN'T a "one word dismissal?"

by Anonymousreply 7006/23/2013

R70 needs to learn how to walk away.

by Anonymousreply 7106/23/2013

R64 Thanks again for the stereotype. I'm only here to make your world convenient. Thanks for your all of your positive and peaceful solutions that you have offered. Although I'm not sure you actually told me what those solutions are; other than giving the actual hate mongering bigots a free pass. You would never think of addressing the real bigots. They come here all day long everyday and spread hate and ignorance. However I'm the asshole for actually speaking out against it. While you sit back and give your silent consent. Then come here to stereotype me and call me names under the guise of bridge building respect. Is that how you build a bridge of respect by calling me a psychopathic asshole. You seem to have somewhere in that post have gotten in touch with your own anger/vitriol/chip on your shoulder. Perhaps that is why you are so quick to identify it in others. It holds a very prominent place inside of you. For the record I don't enjoy making this type of post. However I'm not going to sit in silence and tolerate the bigotry either. You may feel free to continue to personally attack me now while on your bridge building tour of respect. To answer your last request; no I'm not coming down from my cross. I will not come down, just to give you wood to build another cross to burn on someones front lawn. I'm sorry that probably not fair. You were probably going to build one of your peaceful loving bridges of stereotypes and disrespect. No mam. You get no wood from me. None

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2013

At first, I disagreed with her. But then realized food really is an intrinsic part of culture and ethnicity. She has a point. Deen has rippped off another culture for her own profit. But it's no different from what Julia Childs did. Except Julia acknowledged French culture and Paula has never acknowledged Southen black culture.

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2013

R72 don't bother with the resident DL racists.

They are really not worth a second thought.

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2013

R72, I am sorry if I offended you. And I wish you peace. Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 7506/23/2013

Her name is Michaela Angela Davis.

by Anonymousreply 7606/23/2013

I can't believe all of the arguments that I have found myself in in Facebook over this. Many of my Caucasian friends think that the use of the n word is acceptable because black people use the word themselves, and they believe that black people are hypocrites for getting angry when a white person uses the word. Apparently, they are also stupid enough to think that rappers represent all black people. Seriously, 80% of the Caucasian 'friends' and 'friends of friends' from Colorado think that Deen is a victim, and should not have lost her job. Maybe she can find a KKK network to pass off her shitty recipes to.

by Anonymousreply 7706/23/2013

One correction OP. Paula Deen IS NOT, NEVER HAS BEEN and MOST LIKELY NEVER WILL BE a chef. She's a celebrity cook, and that's it (and not that great a cook). She holds no culinary degree or certificate whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 7806/23/2013

Lincoln wants the blacks shipped back to Africa.

I always thought that Lincoln might have thought that since the blacks were brought here by slavery ,which means against their will and kidnapped, maybe he thought they wanted to go back to their homeland? We don't know what Lincoln was thinking entirely.

He also stated that he never wanted them holding any position of authority.

That statement about the authority I never heard before. I know that a very short time in the Reconstruction Period, there were some blacks who held congressional positions. Also, Lincoln had a meeting with Fredrick Douglas and they discussed the issue about the slaves that they needed to be free.

Another thing, Obama isn't stupid R66, and I'm sure he did his part in doing research on Lincoln before Obama embraced him and his ideology.

by Anonymousreply 7906/23/2013

R78, big deal! Robert Irvine never went to school for his culinary skills. He just learned as he went along and he eventually cooked for the White House, Buckingham Palace, etc. When it comes to baking and cooking, you don't need a drgree. It's a plus ,but it isn't a must! sometimes people who didn't earn a degree in the culinary field can be much more talented than those who have gone to school for it. Also, if the public likes what the chef, cook, baker, etc. produces, that is what matter's the most.

by Anonymousreply 8006/23/2013

Oops! by accident, I typed, drgree instead of degree, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 8106/23/2013

"Paula Deen will survive but she will never be whole again," says Howard Bragman, vice chairman of "She will never make as much money, she will never have the respect that she once had, there are people that will never be in business with her again."

While some fans have remained loyal, including those standing in line this weekend outside her Savannah restaurant, The Lady and Sons, and others posting their support on social media sites and demanding she stay on television, the damage is done.

"Her brand is now tainted beyond recourse," says Mark Pasetsky, CEO of public relations and marketing content firm Mark Allen & Co.

Deen will have to contend with the lasting effects for the rest of her life, says Bragman. "When her obituary is written, this will be a significant part of it," he predicts.

But life, and business, will go on.

"She will have a viable business, she will have a lot of fans and make a lot of money," he says, adding that "it's never going to be the same." Because when you're a chef who's also a TV personality, "the Food Network is where you want to be. It's where she started and where you belong as a private chef."

However, Bragman predicts that "when enough time passes, she will (have another show)."

Pasetsky isn't so sure. "I'm not optimistic," he says. "Her comments are highly offensive, and I don't see another network getting behind her and supporting her and giving her a new show."

Deen probably had no idea that what she was saying at the deposition was so offensive, Pasetsky says, attributing the public relations disaster to "someone who's so famous and who cannot tell the difference between right and wrong."

Going forward, Deen must make sure to take the necessary and appropriate steps to repair the damage done to her image. "She needs to make this lawsuit go away. Whatever it costs, she needs to make it go away. That's No. 1," says Bragman.

"No. 2, she quietly needs to be sitting with her advisers, coming up with a business strategy. I would be taking the Paula Deen empire and making it the Deen family empire. A smart way to salvage as much as you could out of the business."

She also must acknowledge the mistake, says Bragman. And what of the apologies Deen has issued in recent days? "They've been horrible," says Bragman. "They're textbook bad. Too many of them, none of them were complete."

Although Deen's publicist cited exhaustion, the decision to skip a pre-arranged Today show interview with Matt Lauer Friday morning was "a terrible move," says Pasetsky.

Evangelia Souris, president of Boston-based Optimum International Center for Image Management, agrees. "It only suggests that she was afraid to get into more trouble and doubted her ability to provide an authentic apology."

And even though she bailed on Lauer, Bragman suggests she still needs to sit down for a big interview. "I think the public likes that. Were I advising her, I would either go to Oprah or Robin Roberts. I think she would be well advised to sit down with a respected African-American journalist. I think that it creates the perception of courage and going into the lion's den, and that would serve her well."

Souris explains: "She needs to do the public appearance apology and then lie low and out of the public eye for a while. Then when some time has gone by, she should start building her image strategically: Align herself with goodwill events, causes, etc. This would allow her to be seen in a positive way."

QVC, which sells Paula Deen's line of cookware, said in a statement to TMZ: "We are closely monitoring these events and we are reviewing our business relationship with Ms. Deen. In the meantime, we have no immediate plans to have her appear on QVC

by Anonymousreply 8206/24/2013

Smithfeild dropped Paula. I posted this on the other thread on Paula. Wendy Williams was extremely nasty about Paula Deen, wow! She said she never liked her etc. Then Wendy Williams said Paula needs to retire, really Wendy? Why? because YOU say so? Also, Wendy said they need to Get Al Sharpton on Paula Deen, right! Al is a good example, he hates Jews and he calls Jews diamond dealers, bastard! What a bitch! She acts like the queen bee and I can't stand her. I watched a couple of Wendy's shows ,but I'm ditching the bitch's show completely.

by Anonymousreply 8306/24/2013

Doesn't Angela Davis have anything better to do? Attacking Paula Deen is like shooting fish in a barrel. As an intellectual, Davis should know better than to be taking cheap shots at someone who is already badly wounded. It makes her come off like a bully.

by Anonymousreply 8406/24/2013

R84, Two different women.

Angela Y. Davis.

by Anonymousreply 8506/24/2013

Angela Y. Davis, today.

by Anonymousreply 8606/24/2013

Michaela Angela Davis.

by Anonymousreply 8706/24/2013

Pic of Michaela A. Davis

by Anonymousreply 8806/24/2013

So who's who?

by Anonymousreply 8906/26/2013

So Davis is bitching that Deen's fried chicken, etc. is African American food and how dare she! Well in that case why has this lady been quiet until now ,and she hasn't gone after and complained about Kentucky Fried Chicken and other chains!There is a British man who opened American fried chicken places in England, so are you are going after him as well? idiot!

by Anonymousreply 9006/26/2013

Angela Y. Davis is awesome and I will beat to death any "straight acting" Log Cabin types who say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 9106/26/2013

Enough about black professors. I want to talk about Paula Deen's terrifying veneers.

by Anonymousreply 9206/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!