Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's pronounced World War Z(ee), not World War Zed, you limeys...

Don't you get it that it's a play on words of the term "World War Three"?

Geezus.

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2013

It's Liza with a Zed, not Lisa with a schnort, cause Lisa with a schnort goes blap not flurb!

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

We pronounce Z as Zed, my dear. We do not need Americanisation, thanyou.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Zed is the traditional term for zombie, dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

R3, go choke on your pussy "football," and have a "beer" while you're at it, lame ass.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

While you're at crafting the worst thread ever? Beating your wife? Sodomizing your prat? Whatever the hell idiot Americans do when they're not shooting up their schools and victimizing their mates.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

[quote] and have a "beer" while you're at it

Girls! Girls! You BOTH have terrible beer.

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

Yes, OP, that's why the book the film is based on refers to Zombies as 'Zees' - just like in the Romero films, and all those zombie-themed games...

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

R9 made me do a spit take laugh! I love you! WW to you sir.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

OP, please stop posting. You're embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

The anti-Brit troll is scary.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

Keep it up and you'll end up in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

What is it with the sad, stupid, unfunny anti-Britishtroll ? Jst tiresome, and such a bad advertisement for Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2013

[quote]What is it with the sad, stupid, unfunny anti-Britishtroll ? Jst tiresome, and such a bad advertisement for Americans.

I don't know...you do the maths.

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2013

Oh, R7, with miles, ohhh sorry, kilometres of butthurt, tell me again love, of our woes? Recent history may be to your benefit but terrorizing, maiming and desecrating other cultures for 400+ years in the name of imperialistic providence doesn't help your cause. In more simplistic terms for your, "I didn't go to Eton coz I grew up in a council house" gaping anus: you a bitch and so is your aunt.

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2013

I am going to take a cue from the toothless, I mean the British. Since tomato is pronounced tomahto, from this day on I will pronounce potato as potahto. Schedule, is shedule therefore school will be shool. TALLY HO!

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2013

Don't say the zed-word!

by Anonymousreply 1906/23/2013

Let's ask the Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 2006/23/2013

Zed?

by Anonymousreply 2106/23/2013

I love you, r9.

by Anonymousreply 2206/23/2013

R17, did a king rape your mother in front of you or something?

by Anonymousreply 2306/23/2013

We may win the battle yet, though, by indoctrinating British, Australian, and Canadian kids when they're young. The plan was, take a catchy tune by some pop composer like, oh, say Mozart, and attach the alphabet to it. The previously mentioned 'analogy' with other letters enables you to rhyme the last line of the song, and even a four year old can tell that the line following "q r s, t u v" is not supposed to be "w x, y and ZED".

This so-called "Sesame Street Phenomenon" is noted in almost all other English-speaking countries, and was addressed by J.K. Chambers in a study of kids in Ontario, in which he noted a lessening of the taboo on "zee" in the Canadian schools. Even in England itself, elementary teachers are complaining that they have to re-teach the pronunciation of the letter when 5 and 6 year olds come to school, and when they sing the song, they typically do so with the

American pronunciation. In my opinion, all we have to do to win the whole language war is to popularize some rhyme with some lines like "Cookies, elevator, french fries, truck; don't say 'petrol' or you suck."

Now you know about zed and zee. Next time won't you sing with me?

by Anonymousreply 2406/23/2013

The story of Z (Zed) from a Canadian's point of view.

by Anonymousreply 2506/23/2013

Nothing says "cool" like an internet fight, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 2606/23/2013

[quote]We do not need Americanisation, thanyou.

No, you just need good grammar.

by Anonymousreply 2706/23/2013

It's World War Zit

by Anonymousreply 2806/23/2013

OP may be a dick, but he is correct.

by Anonymousreply 2906/23/2013

And it's Herb not erb.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

R30, my theory is a really stupid American (it's not hard, obviously) heard a snitty Frenchman saying 'erb' one time and trotted back to gun-toters paradise thinking little pleasantly-smelling plantettes were, henceforth, 'erbs'.

So ridiculous and pretentious. I used to want to smack Ruby Wax upside the head when she used to say it, and I love Ruby Wax.

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

Why is "schedule" pronounced as "sh," but "school" isn't?

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

Because pronouncing "school" as "shool" sounds terribly Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

I adore you, R33

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013

So, r34, care to explain why zombies are called 'zeds' in the book and its follow-up?

by Anonymousreply 3606/23/2013

R18 I'm sure you don't care but we don't pronounce schedule the way you think we do. Maybe in some dialects but not all of them. You see Britain has a variety of different accents which includes Nothern Irish and Scottish which I'm sure also vary in pronounciations. Additionally some of us do say zee, not that it matters to any sane person but I got told by a maths teacher to say 'zed' not 'zee'. I still say zee. We say maths because again that -s doesn't really matter and because the English language originated here so we can say whatever the fuck we like. Really it makes about as much sense as cutting out vowels left right and centre just to make the language seem different but eliminating evidence of the french origins of those words. If some people do say school and schedule pronouncing those things differently it may be due to their etymology: school comes from Old English and schedule from Old French. But that is just a guess. People going on about empires almost every european power had an empire, there wouldn't be a United States for you to pearl clutch over if there had been no empires. You'd be here in the cold and rain as a fellow countryman saying World War Zed. I won't make some lame joke about Americans because fortunately I'm not burdened by pointless xenophobia based on the pronunciation of movie titles.

by Anonymousreply 3706/23/2013

You don't know why you say 'maths', R37?

by Anonymousreply 3806/23/2013

You do realise that the book of the movie has been altered for the international market and the so-called Zee reads Zed in the U.K, Australia & Canada.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2013

R38 I probably do, I just don't think it's important. I'd assume it has something to do with the 's' at the end of mathematics, referring to the subject it's singular but the subject concerns a group of things (algebra, geometry etc). Just an educated guess but I think that might be why we say maths and not math.

by Anonymousreply 4006/24/2013

My dad says Jay Zed.

by Anonymousreply 4106/27/2013

KNEEL before Zed!

by Anonymousreply 4206/27/2013

Whatever way you pronounce it, the movie is World War Zzzzzz.

I saw it today (in 3D - pointless). It's a bunch of hokey nonsense with a plot that ONLY consisted of holes.

Zero tension. How do you make a horror thriller simply mundane?

by Anonymousreply 4306/28/2013

OP is most certainly retarded.

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.