Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I guess gays really ARE like everyone else

We are apparently just as intolerant and bigoted as the rest of the world. It's disheartening to see how many of us hate trans people, and call bisexuals liars, and openly (on DL, at least) denigrate Jews and African Americans.

You'd think we'd have learned something from being discriminated against and spat at and killed. You'd think we'd have more solidarity with other "outsiders."

But you'd be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013

Tiresome finger-pointing, just like everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

Feel better now, OP?

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

Speak for yourself, op, your sweeping generalizations about gays is completely unfounded.

If you are basing your opinion on this idiot site, where shills, faux gays, and other degenerates spew venom, your not looking at the real world.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

We all need someone to feel superior to.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

"We are apparently just as intolerant and bigoted as the rest of the world."

Well, yes. That's pretty much the argument for gay rights. We're just like everybody else. Not worse. But also, realistically, not better.

Maybe you're confused because both fairies and angels have wings. But a fairy is no angel. I think this was covered in a True Blood episode last season. I'm not sure. I just watch it for the beefcake and occasional gay content.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

Don't forget cunts, OP. We hate cunts, too!

And Asians. And Arabs. And (yuck) East Indians. And non-macho Latinos.

And most of all smarmy, inauthentic race baiters such as you. At least when I posted a similar thread last week I was being sincere about it.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

It's really true, OP. And women are just as sexist as men, visible minorities just as racist as whites, etc. We're all equal in our hating.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

OP is correct. S/he evidently pushed a lot of buttons on DL. "Soapbox"? Please. You people constantly do the same re the subjects that matter to you.

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

Except history doesn't show that to be true, does it, R10? If only sexism and racism were about hurt feelings. Of course the OP is correct. Except I'd go a bit further and say all of the isms are much worse in the LGBT "community." Remember that a large portion of said community finds black-face entertaining and humorous.

by Anonymousreply 1206/22/2013

Once again, every single comment appearing on Data Lounge is being attributed to gay people, even though half of the posters here are straight. You'll also notice that none of these "allies" whose presence we're supposed to be so thankful for are stepping up to correct this inaccuracy, as usual.

It's seriously past time for DL to follow in AfterElton's footsteps and drop the gay identity. We have enough of our own failings to deal with; we don't need to have every anonymous straight person's failings dumped on our shoulders as well.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

There's no doubt, OP, that EVERYONE at DL thinks alike. So glad you finally noticed.

by Anonymousreply 1406/22/2013

Gay people are a minority on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2013

Sadly, gays are shallow and racist and mean and selfish.

Being gay does not make you a better person.

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2013

Feels like it, doesn't it, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2013

OP, Datalounge has morphed into a safe place for self loathers, racists, women hating, sex phobic bigots. Don't confuse it with most gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2013

OP, Show me the gay people voting to deprive other minorities of civil rights. Show me the gay people meeting every Sunday to label others as sinful. Show me the gay people who gather in gangs with baseball bats to bash minorities...

...Show me all that, and then we'll talk about how "intolerant" gays are. Til then: shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2013

Take a look at this, R19. And J Edgar Hoover sure did a lot of irreversible damage to a minority group. I can keep going.

by Anonymousreply 2106/22/2013

No one ever said there was NO racism in the gay community, r21.

I'd like to see a similar page on "Racism among heterosexuals" though of course there is none. When a het does something racist, it doesn't count as "heterosexual racism." Still, it would be interesting to read about all the violent hate crimes committed by heterosexual people in that context.

And J. Edgar doesn't really count as being in the gay community since he wasn't openly gay. Closeted gays are a breed apart and technically still bat for the straight team.

by Anonymousreply 2206/22/2013

I'm sorry but your last sentence implied that gays aren't all that intolerant. But then you say no one said there wasn't racism in the gay community.J Edgar Hoover most definitely counts.

by Anonymousreply 2306/22/2013

Gays aren't intolerant when compared with the violence, racism, human rights violations segregation, and homophobia that are rampant in the heterosexual population, dear.

Doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist among gay people.

It's not a terribly difficult or complicated paradigm, but I see it's well beyond your capacity.

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2013

r21/23= freeper troll btw

by Anonymousreply 2506/22/2013

people don't like people who aren't the same:

race religion gender socio-economic level sexual orientation

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2013

Yet we're talking about gay racism and you continue to bring up heterosexuals in a lame attempt to divert from the issue. Somehow heterosexuals don't sell out shows featuring black-face all across the country. Somehow heterosexuals appear to know that black-face is wrong, gays don't. My black friend once told me that you'll find more gay black people in any random black church than you would in Castro or similar places. I think that speaks to the extreme racism and segregation in the gay community that most of you dismiss as not that bad or not as bad as heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2013

Once we get marriage equality and full civil rights, there will be a mass exodus of gay men from the democratic party to the republican party. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2013

[quote]My black friend

Oh lord, R27. *Cringe*

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2013

Yeah, J. Edgar Hoover counts as gay. He's in his own special category and hopefully in his own special room in hell.

Still waiting for the proof that gays are more racists than straights, that gays are spending their time denying others their rights, gathering on Sunday to denigrate others not like them (while the music is being played and performed by a majority of straight people)

by Anonymousreply 3106/23/2013

Good read, though I'm sure most of you won't read it.

Gays at receiving end of bias claim / Investigation at Castro bar opens dialogue about prejudice

Wyatt Buchanan, Chronicle Staff Writer

Published 4:00 am, Sunday, June 26, 2005

They are among the most maligned groups in society, but when it comes to discrimination, many say, gays can give as good as they get.

A city investigation of S.F. Badlands, one of the largest and most popular bars in the heart of the Castro neighborhood, has added evidence to that argument. In April, the San Francisco Human Rights Commission found that the bar discriminated against African American customers and job applicants.

That finding, which is vigorously disputed by the bar's owner, is elevating the murmurs of racism in the gay community to a national discussion. National gay media have followed the controversy, and comedian Margaret Cho blogged about the bar -- and racism -- after a tour stop in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 3206/23/2013

"not as bad as heterosexuals."

Because it's not.

And r29 is right. We cringe at your racist paradigms. Want to heal racism? Start with the troll in the mirror, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3306/23/2013

[quote]Closeted gays are a breed apart and technically still bat for the straight team.

Agree. Closeted homos who pursue straight interests are doing just that - acting on behalf of straights.

J. Edgar Hoover is a pathetic example. Besides being dead and from another era, he didn't even acknowledge his homosexuality. Straights never had a better ally.

A much better example would be Log Cabin Republicans - at least these freaks are alive.

I think R19's other two questions have yet to be answered.

1. Gay people voting to deprive other minorities of civil rights: Log Cabin Republicans

2. Show me the gay people meeting every Sunday to label others as sinful: ?????

3. Show me the gay people who gather in gangs with baseball bats to bash minorities: ?????

by Anonymousreply 3406/23/2013

It's a statistical fact that gay men are more likely to lived in more integrated neighborhoods and be in interracial relationships than heterosexuals.

Are there racist white gay men? Sure, of course. And they are assholes.

But sometimes it seems like when some guys talk about "gay racism" what they are actually really are talking about are "white guys, who I pursue to the exclusion of men of my own race (or other visible minorities), don't give me enough sexual attention".

by Anonymousreply 3506/23/2013

R34. What civil rights are lcr's voting against? Be specific. Name the rights and the specific proposition/initiative which sought to withdraw them. I may not agree with lcr's but at least I can see that they're not voting to deprive others of civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 3606/23/2013

[quote]My black friend once told me that you'll find more gay black people in any random black church than you would in Castro or similar places.

He forgot to add that they're all in the closet as they listen to their homophobic preacher speaking out against gay equality.

by Anonymousreply 3906/23/2013

Poor R34, you can't except that Hoover was a homo( who hated blacks and other POC as most of you do) and he did a lot of damage to a minority group, irreversible damage.

by Anonymousreply 4006/23/2013

Right, R39 as if a gay white man would know anything about black gay people.

by Anonymousreply 4106/23/2013

R35 nails it, troll, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 4206/23/2013

[quote]What civil rights are lcr's voting against? Be specific.

Log cabinettes don't vote for legislation. They vote for senators and representatives who vote on legislation.

by Anonymousreply 4306/23/2013

"It seems to me that all the black gays flock to Atlanta or DC."

Spoken like a true racist: generalizing about "all black gays" do such and such.

by Anonymousreply 4406/23/2013

[quote]you can't except that Hoover

Did you mean 'accept?'

Hoover never accepted he was a homo. Not sure why it's incumbent on us to do so.

by Anonymousreply 4606/23/2013

Fail, r43. Name a politician endorsed by lcr's that has voted against civil rights for other minorities.

by Anonymousreply 4706/23/2013

Right R44, since I have eyes I can see that Atlanta and DC are full of gay black men while Castro and the like aren't. And it's obviously for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 4806/23/2013

Well, then, r48, since you have eyes maybe you can see that Pacific Heights, Georgetown, the Upper West Side, and Buckhead aren't exactly full of heterosexual blacks and whites joining hands and singing kumbaya. The Castro is a model of integration and cooperation compared to most middle and upper class white neighborhoods, where black and white seldom meet or interact.

by Anonymousreply 5006/23/2013

[quote]Yet everyday you claim some movie star is gay and they don't seem to accept that they are homo but somehow you do.

I've never claimed any straight celebrity was gay. I am interested in the lives of out gay celebrities, though. Closet cases hold no fascination for me.

What's your deal with Hoover, anyway? How is he relevant to the amount of racism one might encounter in today's gay life?

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2013

Look at how yellow this thread gets when you trolldar r21. Who is also r23, r27, r30, r32, r37, r38, r40, r41, r45, r48, and r49.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

...and r51 and r54...

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

" Your Castro comment did make me giggle, though."

Well, good. Giggle more often and maybe you won't seem like such a humorless loser pathetically trying to denigrate all gay men as racists,

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

Wow. Trolldar r58 and the thread lights up like a Christmas tree.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

Latinos stage Castro rally against racism

Charges of racism against Latinos within the LGBT community will be addressed during an "Evening of Protest and Education" scheduled to be held at 6:30 p.m. Friday, April 21 at Harvey Milk Plaza at Market and Castro streets in San Francisco.

Individuals in the LGBT community, according to Miguel Bustos, a protest organizer, scheduled the event following reports of verbal attacks on gay Latinos.

"After the immigrant community started voicing their opposition to the proposed immigration reform, many LGBTQ women and men of color are now being attacked by many within our own community," said Bustos.

Bustos said some gay Latino community members have been called "wetbacks" and have been told, "to go back where we came from."

"This racist sentiment is not new, but has actually been around for a long time," he said. "Racism, sexism, ageism, and elitism in our LGBTQ community are alive and well."

Eric Arguello, another protest organizer, said he knew of at least two recent verbal confrontations against Latinos made by known members of the LGBT community.

"I do not think any police reports were made about these, though," he said.

John Mendoza, one of the individuals who said he was a target of a recent verbal attack, said he plans on being at the rally on Friday.

"It is sad to me, as a born U.S. citizen and gay Latino man, that because of my skin color and size I am a target of hate and racism," said Mendoza. "In a community that right now is fighting for equal rights and gay marriage, this type of hate and outright racism is alive and well. For people to stand by and say nothing is more of a crime in itself."

Mendoza said the incident occurred the night of March 25 when he was in front of a Castro restaurant waiting to order some food.

"A young white gay male around 25 years old stepped in front of me and insisted he was going in first. When I disagreed, he stood in front of me anyway. I told him he was not going to get in before me," according to Mendoza.

He said the man turned to him and told him "go back to Mexico, you fucking wetback, where you belong."

Mendoza said he was so shocked by the remark that he actually took a swing at the man.

He said police were in the area, arrived on the scene, and interviewed each party but no arrests where made.

"I hope the message of unity and tolerance and understanding gets out to the public. It is important for people to know we will not put up with this hate in the Castro or San Francisco," said Mendoza. "Gays coming into San Francisco are looking for a better life and leaving their family and friends in search of this better life."

Mendoza added that he thought the attitude expressed by the man was evident by many in the Castro area, especially "young kids" who "have this type of attitude and want to assimilate to what they think the Castro should be."

The city's Human Rights Commission, according to Larry Brinkin, senior contract compliance officer, has received no reports of recent incidents of verbal harassment.

"We know this kind of thing is going on and take this very seriously," Brinkin said.

Brinkin said the LGBT Advisory Committee to the HRC plans on addressing the issue as part of its upcoming project on immigration. The commission recently welcomed 12 new members with diverse cultural backgrounds to the advisory committee.Â

Bustos said he felt the evidence of racism in the gay community could also be found in the lack of support to many minority agencies.

"It [racism] is evident in the recent struggle against our black sisters and brothers in the Castro. It can be seen in the lack of support ... like AGUILAS gets from the mainstream LGBTQ community," Bustos said.

Bustos was referring to the racial discrimination charges against Badlands bar that were upheld in an HRC staff report. Badlands bar owner Les Natali and the complainants reached a mediation settlement in January following the 19-month dispute. Terms of the settlement have not been publicly disclosed. Natali has consistently denied the racism alle

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

You guys just need to end this because you'll go back and forth all night and nothing will be solved. As an AA I'm very well aware of the racism that exists in the gay community. But I don't think we will solve the problem on a gay gossip board.

This board should be fun. Sure we can exchange ideas about race, gender, religion, ethnicity in a calm, mature manner. But it never works out like that. It always ends bad. That's why we should avoid these topics. Just keep DL fun and lighthearted. Threads like this aren't helpful. You guys are hostile and at each other's throats. It's not solving anything. Just let it go.

Forgive typos and mistakes, I'm on my phone again.

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

OP Your are correct. Actually based upon the ignorant bigots here on data lounge I would say gays are even more prejudice and intolerant. Unfortunately, the bigots here will not allow you to have a productive discussion because you're stepping on too many toes. These people are worse that Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church. I want to congratulate R35 & R42 for their profound and unfathomable level of ignorance, narcissism and ethnocentrism. Thank you to all of the data lounge bigots you will always hold a special place in my black man heart. Love u

by Anonymousreply 6406/23/2013

R35 nailed it. If you read the other post linking gay people to racism on Wiki, way down the middle of the page it talks about how Asian gays feel they are suffering from "sexual racism"

Really? We have had that discussion before on the DL. If Asian gays would stop chasing white gays as some sort of prize or status symbol they would realizes they are just as racist looking down upon other gays who happen to be black, Hispanic or even Asian.

by Anonymousreply 6506/23/2013

R66, please go back to free republic where you belong.

You are insane. You hate gay people. You don't belong here. We don't want you here.

by Anonymousreply 6706/23/2013

Boy if you look at that Wiki page you'll probably see some things you didn't know about. "No Blacks, Femmes, Faggots" signs outside gay bars is pretty interesting. You know, during the Harlem Renaissance, black gays allowed white gays into their clubs with no problem, you know because they really had no where else to go. It's funny how there were no "No Whites, Femmes, Faggots" signs anywhere. It's crazy to think that there is just one common denominator in all of that hatred.

by Anonymousreply 6806/23/2013

r69, please have an aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 7006/23/2013

Provide proof r71, otherwise you're a dumb cunt trolling a gay website. I hope you're big fat momma comes down to your basement and shoots you cos she thinks yer one of dem dar queers.

by Anonymousreply 7206/23/2013

Be sure to read it thoroughly, Chester.

Duke U. Official Caught in Alleged Child Sex Sting

By JACK DATE (@JackDate)

June 26, 2009

A Duke University official has been charged in federal court with offering his 5-year-old adopted son up for sex. Frank Lombard, associate director of the Center for Health Policy, was arrested Wednesday in Raleigh, the FBI said.

An unidentified informant who already faces child porn charges in a different child sex case pointed investigators to Lombard, according to court documents. The informant told investigators he had met Lombard on the Internet four years ago. The informant described in graphic detail how he allegedly observed Lombard molesting an African-American child on four occasions over an Internet video chat service called ICUii.

by Anonymousreply 7306/23/2013

ONE case? Sorry, but I could find hundreds of links of heterosexuals murdering their children, and you find ONE case? Is it safe to say all heterosexuals murder their kids?

You're a special brand of idiot, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 7406/23/2013

R63 I assure you that I don't come to data lounge to solve the problems created by bigotry and prejudice. I come for entertainment. However every other thread serves up a healthy dose of bigotry; sometimes subtly and sometimes overtly. It does not matter what the topic is; the bigots show up and ruin all the fun. It is not just this thread or threads that actually address prejudice. It is I repeat most of the threads. It gets really tedious and tiresome. We show up for good gay gossip and entertainment. Unfortunately we get verbally smacked in the face and told how inferior blacks/minorities are to white men. Ignoring it or not having the discussion does not help. It just allows the board to be over run with bigotry. Too many people just go along with whatever and are too lazy to speak up.

by Anonymousreply 7506/23/2013

'They took turns raping me': New claims of child sex abuse revealed as gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go to trial

by Anonymousreply 7606/23/2013

R75, I assure you that I'm on your side. Trust me, I know how things work here. You come here to relax, read gossip, laugh at funny posts, but that always gets ruined by a bigoted posts. If you're a person of color, Jewish, a woman, Muslim, transgender... Datalounge can be a hurtful and disturbing experience. I have extreme empathy so I'm always concerned about offending other people. So I never use the c-word or any other word or phrase that may offend another group. I hate to see other people be offended or mistreated so I have a tendency of speaking up or addressing an offensive situation even when it doesn't involve my "race" or gender or if it involves Jews, Muslims, and even whites. I've been bashed and called names for doing that, though.

I don't want to ramble too much I have a tendency to do that. I get what you're saying, nobody wants to come to a site hoping to read good gossip only to read racial slurs and bigoted words. And when you try to talk about racism in the gay community, gay white men reduce gay racism to minorities just want to sleep with them and can't, that's what they reduce it to. And this is because of white supremacy. Their culture has been white supremacist for centuries now. They see themselves as the ideal as better than people of color so naturally your just mad because you can't sleep with them.

Therefore, gays aren't racist, minorities are just angry because they can't sleep with whites. Never-mind the fact that most of us (especially blacks) have no interest in sleeping with them. This is why I said it can't be solved. Racism in the gay community will never be solved. We are going to have to just stay separated. White gays should have their own communities like they have now and POC should have our own(Blacks and Latinos already do) communities. You can't reason with a white supremacist ideology and a people who reduce racial issues to sex. All the racial issues around the world involving white gays is just about sex. I said in another thread that since I only date POC, I would try to be open to white guys, but after this thread and several others, I'm going to rethink that. My days are numbered on this site and I suggest that if you are a POC, a woman, Jewish, Muslim or any other minority, that you consider finding a less hostile gossip site. One that doesn't hate you. I held back my feeling on the first post but this is how I really feel. I won't be on this site much longer so I don't cary anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7706/23/2013

And I agree that we will see serious white gay flight from the Democratic party once they get Federal gay marriage. As someone pointed out earlier, a large percentage already vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 7806/23/2013

Have we forgotten? They simply can't empathize with us brown folk. This is why they, as someone said, reduce racism to ugly, angry, brown folk who desperately want to sleep with whitey the ultimate prize ( and you wonder why they say we're over-sexed when we make everything about sex). You can't expect to reason with them because your brown and they can never care about you or you concerns (why isn't this obvious by now?).

I'm brown and foreign born and from a part of the world they really hate so they for sure can't empathize with me. Obama was too brown for them to vote for yet they expect the world from that brown man they can't empathize with. So stop trying guys. After looking over that Wiki link I posted, I have to agree, gay people of color have to be segregated from white gays, otherwise there will be serious discrimination and racism. Stop applying for jobs in white gay areas and white gay establishments. Don't go to clubs that are for white gays even if the next club with people of color is miles away. Read the link and stop trying to reason with people who can't even empathize with you because of your skin color.

Brain Research: White People Lack Empathy for Brown People

By Austin Cline, GuideJuly 12, 2010

There have been a lot of studies revealing unconscious and latent racism in whites but not so many studies about what might be happening physically in the brains of people expressing such unconscious attitudes. It's important for us to understand more about this because these people also typically express anti-racist sentiments and there's no reason to think that they are lying. How can a person say they support equality and sincerely believe that they support equality but then exhibit racism?

by Anonymousreply 7906/23/2013

"I won't be on this site much longer."

Slow clap. Please take your racist gay-hating stereotyping manipulative bullshit elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 8106/23/2013

Op is fine with all of the misogyny though.

by Anonymousreply 8206/23/2013

And of course the OP's point is proven.

Don't try to offer constructive criticism, OP. Generally, cubts don't like to be called out for their cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 8306/23/2013

^^or their sexist epithets.

by Anonymousreply 8406/23/2013

R75 This is R64. Don't let the bigots and their hate mongering run you away. I'm glad that you and R77 are here. Please stay and continue to confront the bigotry. The really intelligent entertaining and sophisticated people here are being drowned out by the ignorant bigoted trash. The expression "an empty barrel makes the most noise" definitely applies here. There are too many empty barrels here with nothing to offer but hate and ignorance. R82 It appears that you threw misogyny out there as a distraction but I'm going to briefly address it anyway. I personally have spoken out against the misogyny here too. It is no more acceptable than any other form of prejudice. However it is acceptable to address them separately. They are both forms of bigotry but they are not the same. R75 and R77 I look forward to hearing more from you.

by Anonymousreply 8506/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 8606/23/2013

A social pattern I have noticed over the years is this and obviously one size doesn't fit all, but anyway:

White folks hate black folks....

Black folks pass their hate onto gay folks....

Gay folks pass their hate onto bisexual and transgender folks.

It's a horrible downwards pecking-order of some group making another feel inferior, because they've been made to feel inferior by someone else.

It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 8706/23/2013

Why has no one answered my questions at R66?

by Anonymousreply 8806/23/2013

That is a pathetic analysis, R87

by Anonymousreply 8906/23/2013

"Gay folks" don't hate "transgender folks," R87. We don't understand why they want to hang around with us, since "gay folks" are what they DON'T want to be.

by Anonymousreply 9006/23/2013

Everybody please just read the study I linked to at R79. You can't reason with people who can't empathize with you because of your skin color. As I said, when you look over that wiki page, you realize that this community is required to be segregated. And for the most part, it already is. White gays need their own space and POC need their own space in order to avoid racism and discrimination.

I do notice that gay POC tend to be more accepting of lesbians, bisexuals, and transgender men and women. in Fact, in some scenes transgender women are idolized and revered. Transgender women are the stars of the ballroom scene. But before I get too off topic, just read my linked study at R79. One more thing. I think it's pretty interesting how R81 accuses R77 of being 'gay-hating.' It's funny how when you speak out about white gay racism, you're gay-hating ( or just an ugly, brown person desperate for sex with whites because naturally everyone wants to sleep with whites). Because only white people are gay is their line of thinking ( this racism explains why gay POC are increasingly calling themselves something other than gay) . Which proves R77's post and my linked study correct.

by Anonymousreply 9106/23/2013

Three more posts and still no answer to my questions at R66. Liberal extremists have done a good job on blacks. Apparently, only Conservatives are racists. Everything Conservatives do or say is racist.Nevertheless, gay white males can rape and PIMP out adopted black babies at will without a peep out of blacks. I see people in this comment section talking about racism in the gay community but those same people say nothing about this issue. I guess it would only be bad if Conservatives did it. Brainwashed zombies I tell you. Liberals are the real racists and they hate children. Anybody who thinks a male child is safe in a gay male household hates children.

by Anonymousreply 9206/23/2013

I'll consider it, R85, thanks for your thoughtful post. I kind of feel bad for writing what I wrote because I know I offended a lot of people. I usually keep my composure but I guess I just had a breakdown after seeing people reduce the racial issues in this community to nothing more than disgruntled POC who couldn't get laid by some white guy. As if we're all attracted to white men. POC go clubs and bars in gayborhoods because often those are the only gay clubs around. And they often go on "urban night" but still have to deal with rude staff and people treating them like they don't belong in the neighborhood.

DC and Atlanta have the largest gay black populations in the country ( somehow black people are so homophobic that gay black people are much more likely to live around them than they are to live around gay white people). And many black gays move to these areas each year specifically because of that reason, neither of these facts exactly scream a bunch of snow queens to me.

I was also bothered by something that another poster brought up in another thread in response to one of my posts, which was why do POC always tell other POC not to say offensive things but the whites here don't do the same to other whites? I began to think it's because they agree with each other, so I got tired of being nice. As you can see I'm still a little upset but I didn't want to add to the hostility but in the end I did and I regret that. But at the same time some things just need to be said. Anyway, it's probably time to move on from this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9306/23/2013

[quote] It's funny how when you speak out about white gay racism, you're gay-hating

There's a difference between confronting racism in the gay community and saying "All white gays are racist" or "White gays are pimping out black kids." One is reasonable, the others are sick, twisted, racist bullshit that does enormous damage by cruelly stereotyping gay people, already a beleagured minority, in a transparent power-grab and attempt to manipulate white liberal guilt imho.

Here's the question that the "White gays are intractable racists" trolls can never answer. I don't agree, but let's presume this is true: The white gay community is hopelessly and incurably racist. If you really believed this, what would be the point of repeating it over and over? To me it seems you don't actually believe this, but say it in order to get a "mea culpa" cry-of-mercy response from white gays, who you know are left-progressive and who don't want to be perceived as racist.

If black gays and white gays are segregated by neighborhood, it's far less than straight blacks and whites are. Gay neighborhoods are in urban areas, and are typically far more integrated than most white neighborhoods. Str8 whites just never get called out on it.

[quote]DC and Atlanta have the largest gay black populations

Not Salt Lake City or Des Moines? Not Portland, Maine? If the problem of racism is solved in the straight community and is only aberrant among gay whites, why aren't blacks--straight and gay--moving en masse to these places? They're relatively free of the gay white devil.

by Anonymousreply 9406/23/2013

R94, not only are you confusing points you are confusing posters. I said that DC and Atlanta have the largest black gay populations in response to those who reduce gay racism to POC being upset that white gays won't sleep with them ( and I think it's interesting that non of you challenge that position or any racist position on this board). Obviously, that doesn't apply to the aforementioned populations. Although the serious racial segregation in this "community" does speak to the very extreme racism within the gay community.

And as far as pimping black babies you need to direct your posts to the troll who keeps bringing up child molestation in various threads for months now.

by Anonymousreply 9506/23/2013

Considering that gays comprise of ALL of your subgroups... meaning, that we are of all religious, race and ethnicity, abilities, looks appearances, genders.

Gay people are not uniformly one of those categories. We are the most diverse group of people...which makes your comments laughable.

Yeah. There are jerks are in every group, but don't discount the group as a whole because of it. I guess your "worldview," which puts us down, doesn't account for that fact you are committing the very same act you are chastising us for... :D

by Anonymousreply 9606/23/2013

Oh, bisexuality as a phenomenon has always been considered either:

a. a factor of attempting to meet societal expectations.(gay men who want some form of acceptance) b. a factor of sexual experimentation (straights who are curious) c. not uniform in repression(you can be left alone in heterosexual relationships--the assumption being you are straight)

Studies of homophobia demonstrated some of the most homophobic men were the ones with same sex attractions--they very well could be bisexual.

Scientific studies have demonstrated this phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 9706/23/2013

[quote]POC being upset that white gays won't sleep with them

Well, while there are many claims of gay white racism that are no doubt legitimate, that characterization above actually has the ring of truth to me and is at least occasionally the case, no?

The accusation "white gays are such racists" is often preceded by a description of how a POC went to some stand-and-model bar in the gay community and didn't get hit on or is discouraged by what's on Grindr or some such.

by Anonymousreply 9806/23/2013

Of course it would have a ring of truth to you, R98. One sentence you claim that it is occasionally the case then in the next you say it is often the case ( your true feelings). You're not a real minority so you will never understand what it means to be a minority, so there is no use in even discussing this with you. You can't relate to other minorities because you aren't a true minority, you are a white male. You keep believing that it's all about sex and POC being devastated because the white Gods that everyone should be attracted to won't sleep with them. You keep believing that white gays can't possibly be racist as they sell-out black-face shows all across the country. Move on, you will never understand because it is impossible for you to empathize. As someone said, gay communities need to remain racially segregated. And the Wiki page and R79's link confirms this reality. I'm completely over it.

by Anonymousreply 9906/23/2013

And R98, I guess all of the discrimination lawsuits are about sex and angry POC who couldn't get laid by some white God. Again, move on. You can't empathize with real minorities, especially if they're brown. So this discussion is pointless. It will go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 10006/23/2013

It has nothing to do with white guys not wanting to fuck POC. It's about those POC rules that some gay bars put up. It's about POC being made to show 2 and 3 different forms of IDs to get into a club. It's about the lack of diversity in gay organizations and at pride parades.

by Anonymousreply 10106/23/2013

Don't forget that not only do those bars require POC to show 2 and 3 forms of IDs, they don't hire POC. Therefore, employment discrimination. But for them it's all about sex and POC being angry because we can't sleep with them, because again we're all supposed to be attracted to white Gods. This is making me lose my cool again. It's pointless trying to get people who don't have the ability to empathize with a brown person to understand racism. Again, it's pointless. This is why we are segregated and will remain that way.

by Anonymousreply 10206/23/2013

[quote]You're not a real minority

Really? gays aren't a minority? That's news to me.

r99/r100, you've gone from sounding like someone with a chip on their shoulder about race issues to someone really just totally off their rocker.

by Anonymousreply 10306/23/2013

Can you read, R103? Or are you one of the many ( if not all) white gay men who think only white people are gay? I said that you are a white gay man. White gay men oppress and discriminate against people within their own community ( gays,lesbians, bisexuals of color and not to mention, transgender persons of any color).These victims of discrimination look like members of other minority groups. Therefore, you don't relate to other minority groups and they don't relate to you, that's my point.

I'm sorry but I couldn't care less about what some racist thinks about me. The whole chip on the shoulder and calling me crazy is just your attempt to trivialize racism in the gay community. It doesn't work and it never will. Go back to your POC are angry about sex diatribe. So move on. I don't even know why you replied. I hope you read R79's link. You've certainly proven that the study is accurate. I saw an article about gay racism and how POC are treated in the gay community on a mainstream AA news website just the other day. I'm happy the word is finally getting out. Anyway, move on, R103, you're only making things worse.

And trust me, I HATE saying these things and I normally never would. I hate saying things like this because I know it will offend a lot of people and I'll probably regret it tomorrow. But your attempts to trivialize this issue has pissed me off beyond belief. And I know that isn't a valid excuse, so I won't be reading any more posts in this thread after this post.

by Anonymousreply 10406/24/2013

[quote], I HATE saying these things

Uh-huh. You almost had me til that.

[quote] I won't be reading any more posts in this thread

you keep saying things like this. And it's not convincing. "I'm leaving!!" should be followed by, you know, actually leaving.

From the hip: you're trying to manipulate white liberal guilt. You know that gay people are left-progressive and don't want to appear as racist. There's a bit of power to be gained from claiming that all gays are irredeemable racists, because there's always someone who will beg for your forgiveness and understanding. You have no real interest in parsing out actual racism. That takes real work, intelligence, and heart.

by Anonymousreply 10506/24/2013

Minorities (gays and ethnic/racial minorities) shouldn't be expected to act any more morally superior (or less hateful) than straight white folks.

by Anonymousreply 10606/24/2013

Obviously I have to post this shit again since people keep trying to reason with people WHO CAN'T EMPATHIZE WITH PEOPLE WITH BROWN SKIN! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? STOP TRYING TO REASON WITH THEM ABOUT RACISM! Read the study, comprehend it, stop typing multiple paragraphs trying to get someone to understand who simply can't. END IT! Let the thread die.

Brain Research: White People Lack Empathy for Brown People

By Austin Cline, GuideJuly 12, 2010

There have been a lot of studies revealing unconscious and latent racism in whites but not so many studies about what might be happening physically in the brains of people expressing such unconscious attitudes. It's important for us to understand more about this because these people also typically express anti-racist sentiments and there's no reason to think that they are lying. How can a person say they support equality and sincerely believe that they support equality but then exhibit racism

by Anonymousreply 10706/24/2013

We get it R107, you hate white gays. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 10806/24/2013

Please, OP.

Have you not noticed the 25 threads with loony PC queens calling for, literally, the death of Paula Deen?

In any case, you should never mistake DL for the actual gay community.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!