Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Phi Phi O'Hara

It must really pluck her that Sharon Needles and Willam Belli have ended up more popular and with fairly legitimate careers (for drag queens).

And she's still primarily collecting dollars at the bars.

We know it wasn't all editing, Phi Phi.

by Anonymousreply 1406/25/2013

Willam creeps me out - such a homely drag queen over that skinny-boy body - but at least she gets it. Phi Phi seems destined to always receive the rejoinder, "You're too short for that gesture."

Most damning is the sense that Phi Phi truly doesn't see the value and skill of Sharon's thing. That kind of low-end-old-school-pretty-pretty mentality will keep any girl in an old-girl's place.

But I'd still prefer a night with Latrice Royale. If I want old-school I'll take wisdom and canny skill. That one LSFYL number she did with the subtle Indian moves and in-herself intensity was the best part of the season, outside of Sharon's wonderful performance.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

Lace curtain Irish trash.

by Anonymousreply 206/24/2013

Just finished rewatching season 4. The loser in me can relate to hapless Phi Phi, but Phi Phi needs the saving grace of intelligence and he just doesn't have it, at least not yet. It's like it all came down to intelligence, Sharon won because she was the smartest. Chad Michaels is smart, but not as smart as Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 306/25/2013

Go back to Party City were you belong OP.

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2013

Shaddap, busted showgirl R4

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2013

I thought the Party City dig was brilliant until I found out Sharon worked there and it wasn't a slam at her style. And what drugs are Sharon and Alaska on? I'm going to be generous and say methadone and xanax.

by Anonymousreply 606/25/2013

R3, I agree.

Phi Phi's best moment, to me, was when she and Sharon were doing their riff on Willam's vomiting and exile. Funny and seemingly spontaneous (although with these shows it's likely that such "spontaneity" is suggested, rehearsed and accomplished at the director's call - even if such things are more cleverly hidden on this show than others).

The change in quality in the contestants seemed clear in Season 4, and carried through Season 5. I thought Raja was weak, as were the earlier winners. But Sharon Needles and Jinks Monsoon were a step above and beyond, and others also showed more focus, skill and variety.

And going with smarts (of different types) in the last two seasons - expressed through versatility, personal style and an outsider mystique all brought a lot of fun to the show.

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2013

Phi Phi scratched and clawed her way to the middle, and was lucky to finish 3rd, no chance at all of winning. Latrice should've been in the final three, you know what screwed that up for her? One of the Judds was a guest judge so the girls were forced to lipsyched one of her horrible country songs. As Latrice said she'd never lipsynched a country song before. If the song hadn't sucked so much, and been so painfully white, I'm sure Latrice could've beaten Phi Phi.

by Anonymousreply 806/25/2013

R8 - agreed.

Especially when Miss Latrice lip-synched 'Natural Woman' so beautifully the previous week.

Kenya didn't stand a chance:

by Anonymousreply 906/25/2013

Forgot to post Miss Latrice vs. Kenya:

by Anonymousreply 1006/25/2013

Yup, Mia. And I enjoyed Latrice's lip synch here even more. That Indian pow-wow swimming move did me in - so present in the moment, which is the key to the best drag (or any performance).

Of all the more conventional drag performers on the show over the years, Latrice was my favorite. She had grace without being prissy, a wise spirit but a wicked sense of getting down to it. And she could be funny, proud, sexy and ready for it. I agree she was knocked out because of a bad song for her - it was a terrible number. But I also wondered if there was a consideration that Chad Michaels had earned a spot because of longevity and success.

And they really wanted Phi Phi there as the "bad queen" foil to Sharon - with Chad and Sharon and Latrice, it would have been a bit sappy, since they all were likable.

by Anonymousreply 1106/25/2013

Latrice would make the perfect drag mom, a very lovable and loving person. At least that's the way he came off on the show.

by Anonymousreply 1206/25/2013

I did it too.

Here's Latrice and Dida.

by Anonymousreply 1306/25/2013

Bitches, this thread is supposed to be about ME. What The Fuck

by Anonymousreply 1406/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!