Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Menthol Cigarettes Could Be Banned By European Union

The proposal originally aimed at stopping young women from being attracted to smoking so-called alluring 'slim' designs, and to stop young people becoming hooked on menthol cigarettes when the tobacco taste is disguised.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

Menthol cigs will never be banned in the US, because they generate too much tax revenue. Menthols aren't nearly as popular in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

Aw, I loved menthols when I smoked. Having said that, yeah, I know, it is true that they made smoking more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

I couldn't stand menthols when I smoked. They were like smoking toothpaste.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

Yuck, menthol ciggys are disgusting. My roommate in college smoked Newports, gagful.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

I don't know how anyone can smoke menthol, but especially Newports. Those things are like sucking on a fucking blowtorch.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

You ain't smokin' lessen you're smokin' Camel Shorts, unfiltered.

Every other kind of butts are for what I like to call "poser smokers."

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

Great. Just what we need: another law criminalizing a personal choice that previously has been up to individuals to make for themselves.

Following such a law being put in place, there will, of course, be the inevitably resulting black market in menthol cigarettes which will then inevitably result in yet more people doing time behind bars. This is just more Create-a-Crime bullshit that ultimately does much more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!