Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Judy Holliday

What a pleasant surprise, coming across this Time article today. Wonderful actor.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

I was watching "Born Yesterday" this morning for something like the hundreth time. Still funny after all these years. Judy is perfection as Billie Dawn. William Holden is such a stud and such a fine actor. Gorgeous. Broderick Crawford is scary and funny.

Looking for some clips on youtube, I ran into a promo for a remake starring Melanie Griffith, Don Johnson and John Goodman. Needless to say, Melanie was no Judy, Don was no William and John was no Broderick. I guess it was a good idea at one time, but it doesn't look like it turned out very well.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

R1, it bombed.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Born Yesterday even bombed when it was revived in the 80s on Broadway with the very talented Madeleine Kahn and Ed Asner.

And, of course it bombed a couple of years ago when it was revived with non-stars Nina Arianda and Jim Belushi.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

She was my father's favorite, so I watched her movies with him when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

I recall my mother, now dead but around 80 if she lived, LOVED her and spoke so adoringly about her.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!