Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Judy Holliday

What a pleasant surprise, coming across this Time article today. Wonderful actor.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

I was watching "Born Yesterday" this morning for something like the hundreth time. Still funny after all these years. Judy is perfection as Billie Dawn. William Holden is such a stud and such a fine actor. Gorgeous. Broderick Crawford is scary and funny.

Looking for some clips on youtube, I ran into a promo for a remake starring Melanie Griffith, Don Johnson and John Goodman. Needless to say, Melanie was no Judy, Don was no William and John was no Broderick. I guess it was a good idea at one time, but it doesn't look like it turned out very well.

by Anonymousreply 106/22/2013

R1, it bombed.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Born Yesterday even bombed when it was revived in the 80s on Broadway with the very talented Madeleine Kahn and Ed Asner.

And, of course it bombed a couple of years ago when it was revived with non-stars Nina Arianda and Jim Belushi.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

She was my father's favorite, so I watched her movies with him when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

I recall my mother, now dead but around 80 if she lived, LOVED her and spoke so adoringly about her.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.