Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What makes fine dining restaurants worth the price? In honor of the request for Vegas restaurants. . .

Requesting opinions on what makes a restaurant worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! The roaches have linen napkings to nest instead of paper napkins at McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2013

R1 typically cunty. OP needs to type with both hands rather than with one in the Cheetos bag.

There are many different types of restaurants and as many reason to eat or not eat in them.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

The waiters PRIVATELY show you their hole only after you tip them 20% and not while standing on the bar with their cheeks splayed out while "Midnight At The Oasis" drones on in the background.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

R2, I would never eat garbage; I usually cook my own from scratch meals. You misunderstood my post.

What factors makes a high end restaurant worth the money?

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

The biggest factor is whether someone else is paying

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

Only HIV - waiters are allowed to spit into your soup.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

The opportunity to eat something really delicious, to eat something prepared by people who know what they are doing and do it extremely well. The chance to have something you would never make for yourself or easily find in other, less outstanding restaurants. If you cant indulge yourself once in a while, especially when on a vacation, well, that's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

I'm sorry OP, you type fat.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

R7, I loved your answer. However I'm now aware that I should have been more careful in how I phrased my post, to convey the desired result.

I really am curious what makes one fine dining restaurant better than another. Obviously they must all have excellent service, top quality food, top of the line cutlery, a beautiful view. Is it just the reputation of the chef/owner?

R2, I don't know what would make you think that "I type fat." Are you a very angry person?

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

[quote]I really am curious what makes one fine dining restaurant better than another.

That would come down to a matter of one's personal taste. The last trip I took we had a choice of two 4-star restaurants to chose from. One was a steak and chops and seafood place, the other does a Cuban/Latin fusion. Well, I can have a steak anywhere, hell I can make myself a pretty decent steak. But Cuban food is not something we encounter that much, so thats where we ended up. It was a great choice, one of the best meals I have ever had.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.