Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Food Network Facebook Page Inundated With Angry Paula Deen Fans

Food Network's Facebook page has become inundated with angry Paula Deen fans upset that she has been dropped from the network.

The most recent post by the Food Network, a photo with a recipe link for zucchini casserole, has over 800 comments as of 6:30 p.m. on Friday. While there are comments on both sides, a large majority of the comments skew to the angry and racist side. One thing's for sure: there are a lot of die-hard Paula Deen fans out there.

by Anonymousreply 3906/27/2013

here is one of the comments

conscrewed...oh dear

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2013

[quote] a large majority of the comments skew to the angry and racist side.

Haha, her stupid fans think they're coming to her defense, but instead just prove she appeals to racist rednecks, which makes her look even worse.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

This whole thing is ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

Damn, those angry food cows are stampeding.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

Paula has never been more entertaining than she is right now.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

R3 is right. They're "outraged" but Deen brought this on herself. She should've had the sense enough to know that word and slavery are minefields. People who scream about political correctness just think they should be able to say offensive things with zero consequences. Well it doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 706/22/2013

[quote] People who scream about political correctness just think they should be able to say offensive things with zero consequences.

BINGO! That pretty much sums it up. I used to post on Raw Story. I remember when Dr Laura got the can, and time after time, some asshole was there going on and on about how her 1st Amendment rights were being violated. No matter how much one tired, no one could convince them that the 1st Amendment doesn't work that way. Regressives and racists seem to think the 1st Amendment means no one can be held accountable for what they say. If you criticize a regressive, you are violating their civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 806/22/2013

"conscrewed" repeated for its awful truth

by Anonymousreply 906/22/2013

That Carl Barker must be related to the Duggar family. His family is 537 strong.

by Anonymousreply 1006/22/2013

The funny thin is that these jackasses think Paula's first amendment rights are being violated since she was fired for saying stupid crap.

The irony is that nothing could be more Constitutional than a free market enterprise firing one of their employees out of their own free will.

It's not like she has to answer to the Supreme Court!

by Anonymousreply 1106/22/2013

WOW r12! I made a hilarious typo! I bet you think it's funny when someone gets a pie in the face or trips on a banana peel too!

Are you done acting like an 11 year old? Can we continue the discussion? Go play in your room while the adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 1306/22/2013

If R12 were Paula Dean, R13, you could fire him.

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2013

"But it's always hilarious when someone with a stick up their ass loses their shit over something trivial."

You mean like you did when you nearly hunched over in histrionics laughing over a typo?

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2013

Actually, the connection to Ricky Ricardo was more than your garden variety typo snipe. I chuckled. Get some thicker skin, R13, it gets a lot rougher around here than that.

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2013

Alright, R16, we allowed you one indignant utterance in R13. Now it's time to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2013

Unclench, people, unclench. Let's back to the topic on hand. Now, what was the topic again?

by Anonymousreply 2206/22/2013

We can't have pretty threads and it's all BECAUSE OF YOUR BICKERING!

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2013

If you overreact like this to everything, R21 R16 R13 R11, I don't know how you get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 2506/22/2013

Their "We Support Paula Deen" page is a scream!

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2013

[quote] The reason you've taken so much heat is not because of what you did or didn't say. It's because you're a powerful woman. Keep your chin up!

I just love right wing dissembling.

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2013

Can't we get back to celebrating Kanye's new album "Yeezus"!

He decided to defend Paula Deen by using the "N" word thousands of times! I guess he's angling for a job on the Food Network?? Foodies like to be called "bitches", and "hoes"!

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2013

Really, right-wing bigots? But I thought women should "shut up. Know your role." So why the support for Paula Deen? Castrating bitch works outside the home!

by Anonymousreply 2906/22/2013

Long before he was governor, Lester Maddox ran a cafeteria style restaurant called The Pickrick. All the waiters were black and wore white jackets and black pants. When desegregation finally made it to Atlanta, Lester closed Pickrick rather than serve black people.

If I had a dollar for each time my dad and his mom used the N-word, I'd be living on Park Avenue. When Sonny Perdue, the first republican governor elected since Reconstruction, removed the confederate flag from our state flag, dad and his mom turned over in their graves. I'm hoping they turned back over when our current president was elected.

by Anonymousreply 3006/22/2013

Where are Paula Deen's fans? Lots of outrage but no action.

by Anonymousreply 3106/22/2013

[quote] Where are Paula Deen's fans?

It's kind of hard to do anything when you're confined to a scooter.

by Anonymousreply 3206/22/2013

I have a hard time watching obese people prepare food. I keep waiting for them to sit on it

by Anonymousreply 3306/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 3406/22/2013

Paula Deen = misshelenbedd

by Anonymousreply 3606/22/2013

But never forget: the best banana pudding ever!

by Anonymousreply 3706/22/2013

R30 is from Columbia, SC.

I about shit when I saw the rebel flag on the courthouse. My only thought was they had to be filming a movie.

Talk about progress - they removed the flag from the courthouse less than 2 decades ago and now it is proudly displayed in a public downtown park paid for and maintained with tax dollars.

by Anonymousreply 3806/27/2013

Do these wingnuts not realize she's a Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 3906/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!