Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hot Mouth

How many DLers have "hot mouth" -- a preference for spicy foods and condiments? Let's see a show of posts.

I find that as I've aged (mid-50s), my diet has started tasting blander to me and I have started reaching for the hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and fresh chilies more and more.

Now I use hot sauce, or some form of heat enhancement, with most every meal. I love it!

Soups, salads, eggs, cheese dishes, frozen dinners, pizza, meats, even some vegetables to are enhanced with a little ZIP.

Not fiery hot so I cannot taste my food for the heat, just a little background "body."

I have noticed many more brands of hot sauces are now for sale in my local grocery store and the selection of fresh chili peppers has grown in the past few years as well.

I have even read that there are some health benefits from having chilies in one's diet, so I don't think I am harming myself.

Anyone else have a "hot mouth."

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

Me too, OP. I put Sriracha and Tabasco on everything nowadays and love love love Thai curry.

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2013

Same here, but be careful or you will get what I coined a "Sriracha Smile" .. The corners of your mouth get red and crack. It happened to me, and I looked like the fucking Joker for a few days.

I really pile it on though. I was going through a bottle a week.

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2013

I used to love it but since my mother died her preference for bland food keeps trying to settle on me.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!