Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Gigli the worst film of all time?

I've never seen a film that bombs in the box office as well as with critics. What do you think made it so bad. I didn't see it. But it's been voted as the worst movie of all time on yahoo.

by Anonymousreply 2106/22/2013

Battlefield Earth is the worst film of all time. Gigli was poorly written, acted and directed. Battlefield Earth is hard-to-believe-anyone-could-actually-make-this-movie bad.

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2013

I loved Battlefield Earth. But I was 10 when it came out, and I haven't seen it since then. Is it worth watching again for the LOL factor?

Worst movie I have ever seen is NORTH. My friend rented it last year, because he thought it couldn't be "as bad as everyone says." It was worse.

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2013

*Giggle*

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

Magnolia is the worst movie ever made.

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

There were many movies made from the 1930s to the 2000s that were far worse than Gigli.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

r4=philistine

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2013

R4 should be burned at the stake. Magnolia is a masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2013

No Gigi is.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2013

Not even close. To win an internet poll like this, a movie has to be relatively well known, publicized, and notorious...GIGLI isn't a good movie. It's a total creative misfire. But it's a misfire from an Oscar nominated director who did SCENT OF A WOMAN and BEVERLY HILLS COP. And it stars talents like Ben Affleck and Al Pacino. Up to you if you want to include Jennifer Lopez in "talented" list but she's charming at the very least.

You can't compare GIGLI to an atrocity like BATTLEFIELD EARTH that has literally no writing or directing craftsmanship (Travolta is still fun, just no script to back it up)...but even B.E. is still studio product. Today hundreds of independent films are made each year (check out the shit titles on netflix) that have no writing or directing skill.

So no, GIGLI is not the worst film ever, just a popular entry on the creative misfire list that was savaged by critics and lost a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2013

OP obviously hasn't watched Birdemic: Shock and Terror. Gigli looks like freakin Casablanca next to Birdemic.

by Anonymousreply 1006/21/2013

Or any movie Alan Ladd ever made, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1106/21/2013

Gummo is the worst movie ever filmed.

by Anonymousreply 1206/21/2013

Chesty Morgan's "Deadly Weapons" is the worst movie of all time, take it from someone who's seen bad movies back to "The Terror of Tiny Town". It's a perfect storm of sleaze, bad acting, and micro-budget trashiness, and makes "Gigli" and even "Battlefield Earth" look like competent filmmaking.

Picture not entirely safe for work.

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2013

Elizabeth Taylor in "A Little Night Music".

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

The Ralph Bakshi "Lord of the Rings" is the worst movie I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 1506/22/2013

I think Battlefield Earth is much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 1606/22/2013

I love Gummo. My family was in it :)

by Anonymousreply 1706/22/2013

My all time worst is "Bird on a Wire" with Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson.

When they took a ferry from Racine Wisconsin, through the fjords of lake Michigan to Kalamazoo I said that's it, I'm out.

Maybe it would fun to watch with a bunch of friends. And we would all have to be drunk or high. Or both.

by Anonymousreply 1806/22/2013

Nope, it's Batman and Robin. I had to stop watching it about 1/3 way in....and I LIKE genre films.

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2013

How quickly we forget Vadge and Swept Away.

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2013

[quote]How quickly we forget Vadge and Swept Away.

Sometimes, hard work does pay off.

by Anonymousreply 2106/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.