Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How would "The Sopranos" have been different if Tony Soprano was played by LUCILLE BALL?

Go!

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2013

away

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2013

You jest, but Lucy was Frank Sinatra's first choice to play the Angela Lansbury role in The Manchurian Candidate. He knew she could pull off the cold, calculating and evil character that really is a female counterpoint to Tony Soprano. Lucy would have been brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2013

The theme song would start, "Woke up this mornin', got myself a perm..."

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

Not even remotely clever.

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

Gale Gordon would play Don Corleone.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

It would have been dropped after the first show.

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2013

Waaaaaaaah....Sil, I heard dey' have a new show over at da' Bing... let's say you and me try to be in it.

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2013

Lucy trivia: Did you know that before Desi appeared on the scene, Lucy was engaged to ...Broderick Crawford?

Now HE could have been a great Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2013

They'd both be dead.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2013

Well, that's true r9. And can you imagine the costs of saran wrap, spackle and a freezer just to keep them looking life like?

But I guess you'd make it up not having to hire writers to create sparkling dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 1006/21/2013

Well, OP, the show probably wouldn't have made much sense as there would have been quite a bit of empty air during the show. You see, Lucy was DEAD when The Sopranos was filmed. She is still dead, and will be dead next year and for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 1106/21/2013

LOL @ R3

by Anonymousreply 1206/21/2013

"Babalu" at the Bada Bing.

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2013

Mrs. Trumbull would've been Big Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

The carpet would not have matched the drapes.

by Anonymousreply 1506/21/2013

The notion of Lucille Ball being a Soprano stretches the capacity of my imagination. A member of the Basso family, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 1606/21/2013

No doubt Tim Tebow would be playing Tony Soprano's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 1706/21/2013

Ricky would've allowed her to get that new Italian haircut she had always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2013

By the sixth season it would devolve into a string of Special Guest Star appearances where each week some B-lister would join up with Tony to perform a cheesy musical number for a school play or local telethon.

by Anonymousreply 1906/22/2013

Hello Dear Elder brethren, I'm here to tell you that we Millenials have no idea who Lucille Ball is. Can you give your post the required background information?

by Anonymousreply 2006/22/2013

As one of the elder brethren to whom R20 is referring, I tremble in fear that morons like him will be responsible for my care when I'm infirm and unable to care for myself any longer.

by Anonymousreply 2106/22/2013

Instead of having snitches whacked, she'd make them wear hostess pants for a year.

by Anonymousreply 2206/22/2013

R20: think she's speaking for a generation but, instead, just showing cultural ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 2306/22/2013

I thought Lucille Ball's grandparents/great grandparents were from Scotland, England or Ireland, certainly not from Italy.

But, that's probably okay since this thread is the most silly of all the Lucy threads. She has wandered into Data Lounge Heath Ledger territory, or most accurately the person who started this thread has wandered into Ledger territory.

by Anonymousreply 2406/22/2013

This entire thread is like a nightmare you'd have after eating too much Italian food.

by Anonymousreply 2506/22/2013

Having never seen the show, I believe I am qualified to comment.

Bridge parties would involve nutcups and gunplay.

Carolyn Appleby would be a recurring character who died gruesomely each week (much like Kenny on South Park.)

When William Holden lit Lucys nose afire, she would shoot him in the face.

When Lucy and Ethel (old pussy) pried up John Waynes handprints and signature from Graumanns, John Wayne would be IN the concrete slab.

The Friends of the Friendless would be a violent shake-down gang.

When Harpo Marx mimicked Lucy's movements in the mirror she would shoot him in the face.

And finally, instead of trying to get into show business, Lucy and old pussy would try to get into the drug racket all to comedic effect.

by Anonymousreply 2606/22/2013

This begs the question, How would "I Love Lucy" have been different if Lucy Ricardo was played by JAMES GANDOLFINI?

by Anonymousreply 2706/22/2013

R20 bears a strong resemblance to what they found in Gandolfini's underwear when he died. How current. How fresh. How scampi-and-liver.

by Anonymousreply 2806/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.