Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chosing House Paint Colors

I have a three story house. Built in 1915. Stone foundation, red brick first floor, second and third floors are stucco. House needs a paint job. Currently the front door is red and I have a green storm door. Color ideas?

by Tow-Elreply 1106/22/2013

I like blue!

by Tow-Elreply 106/21/2013

Somewhere to start.

by Tow-Elreply 206/21/2013

Paint your house to match your bag.

by Tow-Elreply 306/21/2013

You can repaint the doors, OP, no need to work with those colors. The brick, on the other hand, will need to be taken into account.

Tell me, what is around the house? Sunny climate or gray? Lush garden, desert, boring suburbia, or concrete city?

by Tow-Elreply 406/21/2013

Is your Christmas tree still up, OP?

by Tow-Elreply 506/21/2013

Venetian apricot is lovely.

by Tow-Elreply 606/21/2013

Paint the entire house white including the red brick. Black trim, bright colored door.

by Tow-Elreply 706/21/2013

What color is the DIRT in your area? Best advice I was ever given, regarding color choice for the exterior of a house, is to start with the color that is going to end up on top of the paint.

by Tow-Elreply 806/22/2013

Match it to your pantsuit and car!

by Tow-Elreply 906/22/2013

I am loving folklore from Behr right now. I painted the front door with that and may do the porch swing that color also. I painted my bedroom a blue gray slate last fall and get compliments on it all the time.

by Tow-Elreply 1006/22/2013

I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green.

by Tow-Elreply 1106/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!