Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why was the thread about TWA Flight 800 closed?

It was a topic that was in the news a couple of days ago and now for no reason (that I could see), the thread was closed. Isn't there some standard for closing threads?

Perhaps someone could explain?

by Anonymousreply 3106/24/2013

Thread Closed.

by Anonymousreply 106/21/2013

That's what I was thinking but it was only in passing...I'm not even sure what significance the mod thought it had...so it seems like we have a pretty freaky moderator.

I think if that's the case...we need a moderator who sees the whole picture, sees the whole truth, not just the propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

Because it was a three-part serialized drama on ABC?

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

Hey tinhats. It's still here.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

Because the transmissions to most of the posters through their toasters stopped.

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2013

Oh, boy! This thread might get closed too.

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2013

Thanks R5. The thread was gone earlier this morning. I'd marked it so I could read it later and when I tried I got 'post does not exist'. Maybe the transmitters from the toasters were down for maintenance for few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2013

Thread still is on list, but if you try to post "thread does not exist" comes up.

Damn, I was following that thread. A very close friend was a flight attendant on that flight.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2013

meant to say thread closed comes up

by Anonymousreply 1006/21/2013

It's closed, r5.

by Anonymousreply 1106/21/2013

I got the message thread closed and it was a short thread and nothing nasty about the thread. It was only mentioned that 800 had changed it's lineup with an Israeli jet. That's all. Now, how fucking ridiculous is it, that a thread be closed because of one comment?

by Anonymousreply 1206/21/2013

R12 is right. The final post was at 06/21/2013 @ 12:13AM and someone was replying to a statment that nobody claimed responsibility for the explosion with "Bullshit. al Qaeda claimed responsibility."

There was no great uproar over anything in the thread. It simply doesn't make sense to shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2013

At the time of the explosion, there were people who claimed to have seen a missile flying toward the plane.

Could there be a government coverup about the missile? Perhaps it wasn't launched by a terrorist. Perhaps it was launched in error by a USN ship?

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

Perhaps you should try disguising it as a soap thread

by Anonymousreply 1506/21/2013

[quote]It was only mentioned that 800 had changed it's lineup with an Israeli jet. That's all. Now, how fucking ridiculous is it, that a thread be closed because of one comment?

That's not why it was closed. The webmaster generally dislikes conspiracy theory threads.

by Anonymousreply 1606/21/2013

I never understood why all soap threads are closed but I never said anything because I don't watch soaps.

This kind of discrimination is insulting and insidious.

by Anonymousreply 1706/21/2013

[quote]I never understood why all soap threads are closed

Several years ago, the DL became infested with Fundie Frau soap fans who took over the soap threads. They were antigay soap fans who liked the ease of posting in soap threads at DL with no sign-in or registration needed. They would post nasty messages about gay men who like soaps. That was the end of soap threads.

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2013

That's pretty weird. I know some right wing fundie fraus still come here, it's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1906/21/2013

so lets keep the conversation going here

posting the link for the original article

by Anonymousreply 2006/21/2013

more info on the upcoming documentary, the theories, and the film makers

by Anonymousreply 2206/21/2013

For those who like to aim a "tin Hat" accusation at anyone who talks of government cover-ups, get familiar with the death of former Secretary of Defense James Forrestal. While the government claimed suicide, many thought otherwise.

James Forrestall died in May 1949. The official government report regarding the investigation of his death was released in April 2004. It took more than a half-century for the government to coverup this death.

by Anonymousreply 2306/21/2013

John Goglia, a member of the five-person NTSB during the investigation, said he "took offense" at the filmmakers' suggestion that board members ignored evidence. "I would never be part of any coverup -- period," he told CNN.

It may not be that simple. Maybe they looked at every bit of evidence set before them, but the possibility exists that some evidence may have been withheld from them.

by Anonymousreply 2406/21/2013

I'm with R14 on this one. I believe now, like I did then, that this was an inside job. But it was probably a mistake. Some grunt dropped his Back Street Boys CD, bent down to pick it up, and BOOM--fired a missile.

by Anonymousreply 2506/21/2013

[quote]Some grunt dropped his Back Street Boys CD, bent down to pick it up, and BOOM--fired a missile.

Ha! It was a tragedy, but your scenario is really funny. It sounds as if you've known some grunts along the way.

by Anonymousreply 2606/21/2013

First they came for the soap threads, and I didn't speak out because I was not a soap fan.

Then they came for the 9/11 Truthers threads, and I didn't speak out because I was not a Truther.

Then they came for my TWA Flight 800 thread, and there was no one left to speak for me.

by Anonymousreply 2706/21/2013

The TWA 800 thread wasn't my thread, it was someone else's thread. Anyway, I don't ever like a lot of censorship...besides, I'm a Truther.

by Anonymousreply 2806/21/2013

Who owns EPIX Channel?

by Anonymousreply 2906/21/2013

Why would a short thread on actress Judy Holliday get deleted? Apparently it was posted on her birthday this past week and got four responses. Now "thread does not exist" pops up when you try to look at the thread.

by Anonymousreply 3006/23/2013

Thanks for that r27

by Anonymousreply 3106/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.