Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tony Soprano's last meal...recipe needed

[quote]Gandolfini also enjoyed back-to-back orders of fried prawns slathered with mayonnaise chili sauce — as well as a heaping portion of foie gras.

by Anonymousreply 9206/22/2013

And this is considered bad? Hell, the only thing missing is a bj and it would have been perfect. That's the way to go, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 206/21/2013

I'm with R2. He should have lived to be 90, eating tofu and counting carbs? You anorexics are nuts. When I go, I want to go like Tony.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

Link to the article here. He was dead 3 hours after that meal.

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

Fantastic! What a way to go. It sounds like he had a fabulous day. RIP Jim.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

Yes, it would be fantastic if his actions didn't leave 2 children behind without a father.

Our course, they had to be with a drug and alcohol addict father, so that probably wasn't a picnic to live with.

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2013

Live like a pig, die like a pig. I find none of the "Henry the 8th" gluttony appealing in the least. Life's pleasures are all there for the taking. But in moderation. THAT is what increases the pleasure. A life of excess is not a joyful life. He could have had so many more years of joy. Many more years of pleasure.

If you have such a wonderful life, why cut it short?

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2013

R7, after taking all the pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2013

r7, our conscious efforts to perfect ourselves is totally irrelevant and laughable. It doesn't matter a jiffy how you live or how you eat, the state of your psyche from birth is what will determine exactly how you live and die. He was who he was. Now get the hell out of the topic.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2013

r7 is right ... previous posters are either trolling or feeling defensive about their own self-destructive decisions. No one needs two plates of fried shrimp. Foie gras is best enjoyed in portions of a bite or two. And the drinking speaks for itself ... especially considering he was supposed to be responsible for his child at the time.

Gandolfini is hardly the first brilliant actor to be a deeply troubled soul.

by Anonymousreply 1006/21/2013

I'll be more interested in reading about Reva Shayne's last meal.

by Anonymousreply 1106/21/2013

r7, there's no such thing as a "joyful life". Moderation in the mind is more important than moderation in the diet.

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

I can't decide if this is more, or less tasteful than the Daily News' headline yesterday "TONY'S DEAD!" in huge type.

by Anonymousreply 1506/21/2013

As do such musclemen as R13:

by Anonymousreply 1606/21/2013

My dad, then a widower, had just entertained friends including his new girlfriend on his lovely boat, drove them to a nice restaurant in his big new Mercedes and treated them all to a lovely dinner when he dropped dead of a heart attack. Believe me that is exactly how he wanted to go out. Enjoying life to the fullest.

Except for the fact that I was pissed my mother had died first, I was happy that my father didn't spend his old age debilitated and in some wheel chair - an existence he had often said he did not want. After a life of hard work and a courageous war time in the Pacific during WW2 he deserved a good death even if it meant dying a few years early.

by Anonymousreply 1706/21/2013

Fair enough, R17, but James G. pretty much cheated himself out of the final third of his life. He was only 51 and he might have easily enjoyed another 25 years of good living had he been willing to restrain his appetites.

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2013

r18, you really don't know very much about people do you? Everyone carries about wounds that can never heal. People don't just ENJOY life. Rich, poor, everybody has a daily battle with themselves. The gift of life is that we will sooner or later die so don't waste your fucking time. Jim didn't waste his.

by Anonymousreply 1906/21/2013

Someone in another thread mentioned that Vic Tayback ended his days scarfing down deep-fried scallops smothered in tartar sauce. This doesn't sound all that different.

by Anonymousreply 2006/21/2013

Maybe he "knew."

by Anonymousreply 2106/21/2013

R18, he was drinking heavily and was unhappy enough about it that he went to some AA meetings. People don't go to AA because they're having a great time drinking and drugging.

He had been through some hell and it looked like there was a lot more ahead. This isn't a guy who was having a good life and was looking forward to more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 2306/21/2013

r22, it's not about the food you moronic imbecile. It's about not being made afraid of death. THAT is truly American.

by Anonymousreply 2406/21/2013

Some hilariously delusional responses here. As if living life to the fullest is defined by eating ridiculously fatty foods, alcoholism, and dying a quarter century earlier than the average lifespan. That's not living life happily, that's a slow suicide; a self-punishment that lasted years.

by Anonymousreply 2506/21/2013

Gluttony like his comes from the same place as a drug addiction. And that place is a sick psyche.

by Anonymousreply 2606/21/2013

R11 Come back to Springfield, Annie!

by Anonymousreply 2706/21/2013

[quote]Link to the article here. He was dead 3 hours after that meal.

Then the meal wouldn't have killed him. It's all the meals BEFORE that one.

by Anonymousreply 2806/21/2013

r25, as opposed to self-punishment that consists of "living right". LOL

by Anonymousreply 2906/21/2013

That makes no sense at all, r29. Then again, not one of your frantic attempts to make gluttony and alcoholism sound like some sort of empowering choice have made any sense.

EIGHT drinks in one meal - in front of his 13 year old son. That's not someone unafraid of death; that's someone actively seeking it out.

by Anonymousreply 3006/21/2013

Ever heard the expression 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do?' Italians EAT. The Sistine Chapel was not painted on an empty stomach.

by Anonymousreply 3106/21/2013

Thank you, R30, R25 and R22. Anyone can rationalize anything. To each his own. For me, personally, I love my life and want to live to be 100. I eat and drink sometimes to excess. It's great! I also work out, watch my diet religiously most of the time, don't smoke and rarely eat red meat. I go to my heart doctor and maintain my 33 inch waist, even in my 50's. I do all the things I can to keep myself healthy. And could do better. It's a way of life for me but these are MY choices, not anyone else's. Now, of course, SOMETHING may drop me at any time. We don't get any guarantees.

But I am sure as hell not going to do anything to HELP that process along.

No one knows the motivations of this actor. But it is pretty much a safe bet that he contributed greatly to his own demise, consciously or subconsciously. On purpose or not. It's a "shame" to the living and who cared for him. Who knows what he thought? He killed himself with excess. Was it worth it? Did he live his gluttonous, excessive lifestyle with no regrets? Again, you can't ask him.

by Anonymousreply 3206/21/2013

r25, smug soulless piece of work. Enjoy that 33 inch waist, for all the good it will do you in the end.

by Anonymousreply 3306/21/2013

[quote]The Sistine Chapel was not painted on an empty stomach.

Michelangelo did all his best work lying on his back.

by Anonymousreply 3406/21/2013

R33, no one gets out of this alive. In the meantime, I am living my life. And my waistline feels mighty fine. If you want to stuff your gaping maw with artery clogging foods and drink and drug like Henry the fucking 8th because "we're all gonna die anyway" then you are free to have that fatalist, defeatest party.

I feel sad for James Gandolfini because I think he must have been a very UNhappy person to not take care of his health any better than he did. He was not stupid. I am sure he knew his health risks. So, I am not judging HIM, just those who are sanctioning what he did with a "HELL YEAH! THAT'S THE WAY TO GO OUT!" Ugh. Those kinds of people are a big eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 3506/21/2013

All food nazis need to shut up and DIE!!!

Quit telling people how to live their lives, you fucking sicko school marms. I hope people like r7 die choking on a stale kale chip.

by Anonymousreply 3606/21/2013

Benjamin Franklin was an overweight, beer-swilling skirt chase. He lived to be 84. He established our first library, our first hospital, our first fire dept. etc.

Anorexic food nazi Dataloungers would refute all his accomplishments because of his diet.

RIP James Gandolfini-you lived a better life than many Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 3706/21/2013

Just out of curiosity, how many people on this thread criticizing people's eating habits practice bareback sex?

by Anonymousreply 3806/21/2013

Take note, John Goodman!

by Anonymousreply 3906/21/2013

R24, you're hilarious! Americans aren't afraid of death? HAHAHAHAHA! That explains their slavish devotion to Christianity and pointing fingers at everyone else and telling them they're going to rot in, erm, hell. What do you think all that ignorance and bigotry that is a by-product of so-called religion is? What exactly do you think churches are promising to their followers? Last time I checked it was eternal life in heaven. That doesn't sound like a population that's comfortable with death. That's just a simple fairy story to cope with the fear of dying.

You're ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4006/21/2013

Amazing how many people here are offended by the idea of moderation, as if the only choices in life were starving yourself or stuffing yourself to death.

There is no way that eating, drinking, and drugging yourself to death at 51 is a better choice than enjoying your indulgences in moderation and living into your 70s and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 4106/21/2013

I was coming for r24 but you beat me to it, r40!

by Anonymousreply 4206/21/2013

EIGHT DRINKS AT DINNER WITH HIS 13-YEAR-OLD SON.

Regardless of what anyone thinks his caloric intake or waist size should have been, the man was clearly on a self-destructive bender and there's nothing whatsoever to admire about that. Pity, yes.

by Anonymousreply 4306/21/2013

R44's irrational anger will probably kill him by 2015.

by Anonymousreply 4506/21/2013

I know SO many people who drink heavily that are well into their sixties and seventies (most of my family), so I think his early death had more to do with genetics and less to do with habits.

by Anonymousreply 4606/21/2013

We need a cook book of celebrities' last meals.

by Anonymousreply 4706/21/2013

"Italians EAT."

Italians eat; the French eat; Spaniards eat. But usually in moderation.

For example, Italians do not drown their pasta in "gravy" (I'm Sicilian-American, and never heard that usage until a couple years ago).

by Anonymousreply 4906/21/2013

r40, I said Americans ARE afraid of death you ingrate.

by Anonymousreply 5106/21/2013

His son is a little porker.

by Anonymousreply 5206/21/2013

Wow, that's really what he ate and drank during his last meal? After all it's in tabloid newspapers so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 5306/21/2013

r35 - not everybody is as boring and narcissistic as you.

by Anonymousreply 5406/21/2013

Loads of Italians in Italy are skinny minnies.

by Anonymousreply 5506/21/2013

How does someone know and remember what Vic Tayback ate prior to his death?

by Anonymousreply 5606/21/2013

r52 yes he is but he has a really beautiful face, hopefully his mother will pay for an RD to get him down to a good size.

by Anonymousreply 5706/21/2013

[quote]maintain my 33 inch waist

Since when has this been something to brag about?

30 inches is the ideal for a fit guy. 32 tends toward chubby.

by Anonymousreply 5806/21/2013

[quote]How does someone know and remember what Vic Tayback ate prior to his death?

There was actually an article in the National Enquirer shortly after his death where Tayback's relatives claimed he ignored doctor's orders and gorged himself on fried seafood practically every day until he died of heart failure at age 60.

by Anonymousreply 6006/21/2013

R59 is unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 6106/21/2013

R58, you are an idiot. You have no idea what actual bodies are shaped like. 30 inches would be anorexic on a bigger build guy. The waist size is in proportion to the rest of the body. There are no fixed numbers that apply across the boards.

by Anonymousreply 6306/21/2013

You better calm down, fattie at r62. You're going to give yourself a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 6406/21/2013

I think the fat has finally reached your brain, r65.

by Anonymousreply 6606/21/2013

And then we have the 105 year old woman who eats bacon every day.

by Anonymousreply 6706/21/2013

What a perfect time to plug my book, SKINNY ITALIAN.

by Anonymousreply 6806/21/2013

Too much walking in Rome and too hot.

The same thing did in Tim Russert who right before his heart attack, walked all over Rome with his son, Luke, as a graduation present to Luke.

by Anonymousreply 6906/21/2013

I love chicken liver

by Anonymousreply 7006/21/2013

Really, r19? You really think James Gandolfini was content to die at the age of 51? He had a 9-month-old daughter, do you really believe he wouldn't have wanted to watch her grow up, be a father to her, that he didn't want that extra, normal 25 years of life to be with her? That "rich" meals were more important to him than raising his daughter? Or be with his wife, travel the world, do more acting, be with the people he loved? Sure, a few steaks, fries and shakes are worth much more than all those experiences.

by Anonymousreply 7106/21/2013

R71, I believe if there's a difference between what you do and what you say you want to do, you're lying to yourself.

Gandolfini made his choices.

by Anonymousreply 7206/21/2013

Really, R71? You think you know whether he was content to die or not at the age of 51? What, do you get monthly bulletins in your e-mail from the Judgie McFoodhater blog you read faithfully each night as you vomit up your dinner?

Your presumption of moral superiority on this issue makes me want to stick you in a cage, and feed you nothing but kale for three months.

You are one fucked up bitch, bitch (or, if you prefer, "bro").

by Anonymousreply 7306/21/2013

"There was actually an article in the National Enquirer shortly after his death where Tayback's relatives claimed he ignored doctor's orders and gorged himself on fried seafood practically every day until he died of heart failure at age 60."

I seriously doubt that Vic Tayback's relatives went to the National Enquirer and spilled their guts about their late loved one's deplorable eating habits. That article sounds like a pile of shit. Vic Tayback was a familiar character actor, but no star; it says something about that sleazy rag that it would take the time and effort to disparage Vic Tayback. And for his supposed eating habits! It's a shame; according to people who knew him he was a very nice man. Desperate to smear anybody, the National Enquirer apparently wanted to portray him as a gluttonous slob.

As for Gandolfini...well, he obvious had some serious problems. The food was bad enough, but everybody is entitled to pig out once in a while. But if the accounts of his drinking are accurate, then he was in real trouble. EIGHT drinks at one meal? Rum, pina coladas and beer? That is truly excessive. Could it have been that this last meal and all those drinks were not the usual thing for him, that he was just stuffing himself and tossing back drinks as a kind of celebration at being in Italy with his family? I shudder to think that he eat like that and drank like that ALL the time. If that was the case, then an early death was all but inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 7406/21/2013

"Tayback was a familiar character actor, but no star."

What are you smoking? ALICE was a hit show and on for ten years. Tayback was very well known during that whole period and up to his death.

by Anonymousreply 7506/21/2013

We can't help it if your mother let fat old men pinch a loaf in your mouth for a bump of crack.

by Anonymousreply 7606/21/2013

r3 thinks binge drinking is LIVING!

by Anonymousreply 7706/21/2013

[quote]the state of your psyche from birth is what will determine exactly how you live and die.

Huh? I imagine you have studies supporting this gibberish!? Don't tell me, you also like to prattle on about "karma" when given the chance, huh?

"Psyche"! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 7806/21/2013

[quote] Ever heard the expression 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do?' Italians EAT.

But they don't drink piña coladas. At least, the men don't.

by Anonymousreply 7906/22/2013

Dumping syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 8006/22/2013

[quote]And then we have the 105 year old woman who eats bacon every day.

Chances are she never touches cocaine, let alone having eight cocktails with two dinners eaten one right after the other.

by Anonymousreply 8106/22/2013

R13, the obese do not flock. They herd.

And, yes, one must try not to be stepped or sat on while visiting this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8206/22/2013

R75 is one of those sniping cunts that flits into a thread looking for somewhere to crap, and then flits out again. She's a very busy girl. She must be keeping that colon awfully busy.

by Anonymousreply 8306/22/2013

[quote]I seriously doubt that Vic Tayback's relatives went to the National Enquirer and spilled their guts about their late loved one's deplorable eating habits. That article sounds like a pile of shit.

I remember the article. It specifically stated that his passion for fried scallops was so great that he would eat them several times a week, and that he ignored the doctor's advice to lose weight and take better care of himself.

Why would anyone doubt it when the Enquirer is always printing ridiculous stories about celebrities' private habits?

by Anonymousreply 8406/22/2013

R83 speaking of toilets, open up your mouth so I can shit in it.

by Anonymousreply 8506/22/2013

I can not believe all the authorities we have on Vic Tayback here at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 8606/22/2013

If you like Piña Coladas

Slathered prawns with mayonnaise

And you're not all that healthy

You'll wind up like Cobain

by Anonymousreply 8706/22/2013

"Why would anyone doubt it when the Enquirer is always printing ridiculous stories about celebrities' private habits?"

Either you're trying to be annoying or you're very dense. The National Enquirer is a tabloid that prints a lot of falsehoods regularly. Everybody knows that, except you. Now you know.

by Anonymousreply 8806/22/2013

This is why I love DataLounge: it has multiple Vic Tayback trolls!

by Anonymousreply 8906/22/2013

What he ate before he died is being disputed. I can't remember who it was, but someone interviewed on Inside Edition said that he didn't eat the piles of prawns with chili mayonaise and didn't drink the pina coladas. Still, a meal of foie gras and rum and beer isn't exactly good for one's health.

In the last pictures of him some have said he looked "healthy" and was "enjoying himself." Actually, in the last photos of him he looks heavy, tired and older than his years. His weight at the time of his death was supposedly 260 pounds. That's not "healthy."

The NY Post has been raking him over the coals. A recent piece said that his former wife claimed (she's not quoted) that he would go on cocaine benders that would last for two weeks and that he had "kinky sex" with other women while they were married. "Kinky sex?" How would she know that? Was she hiding under the bed? Anyway, the NY Post is doing its best to portray him in as unflattering a light as possible.

by Anonymousreply 9006/22/2013

I honestly don't think I've seen Vic Tayback's name in print this often since 1985.

Hold me, David. I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 9106/22/2013

I think we need a Vic Tayback thread lol.

by Anonymousreply 9206/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.