Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sitcom Flashback: "Throb"

Mid '80s sitcom that starred Diana Canova, Jonathan Prince, Jane Leeves and Paul Walker.

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2013

The 80's were truly a cultural wasteland.

by Anonymousreply 106/20/2013

If I recall correctly, "Throb" was first-run syndication; it was never on a network.

by Anonymousreply 206/20/2013

Diana starts singing at the 30 second mark.

by Anonymousreply 306/20/2013

Did people actually watch this "Mr. Merlin" monstrosity?

by Anonymousreply 406/20/2013

The theme song is horrid.

by Anonymousreply 506/20/2013

Jane Leeves was fresh off her small, non-speaking lesbian-chic role in "To Live and Die in LA". Jonathan Prince was cute--he sorta resembled Michael J. Fox. WEHT him, by the way?

Get a load of George Clooney in this clip from an episode that had the great Kathleen Wilhoite as a guest star...

by Anonymousreply 606/20/2013

Life imitates art: Jonathan Prince is married to Julie Warner, who was Michael J. Fox's love interest in "Doc Hollywood."

I had no idea Paul Walker was a child actor.

by Anonymousreply 706/20/2013

How come they don't put first run sitcoms and dramas in syndication anymore? Do all of those shows just go to cable now?

by Anonymousreply 806/20/2013

Paul Walker was a child actor? For some reason I just assumed he emerged fully formed from an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog some time in the mid-nineties.

by Anonymousreply 906/20/2013

I loved this show though I loved alot of bad 80s syndicated shows like "She's the Sheriff" and "Madam's Place".

IIRC they replaced Walker in the second season.

Paul's been acting for along time.

by Anonymousreply 1006/20/2013

Launched the career of Diana Canova? Throb was a decade after Soap.

by Anonymousreply 1106/20/2013

Who said it launched Diana's career, R11? She'd been acting long before "Throb".

by Anonymousreply 1206/20/2013

I liked this show a lot. Blue was cool.

Didn't The Nylons sing the theme song?

I wish Netflix or hulu would offer a bunch of short-run sitcoms like this.

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2013

Kathleen Wilhoite is one of those actor who you see all the time and never know who they are but they are always terrific. Here is her website-

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

I'd love it if some wealthy benefactor with $18 could start a thread on the syndicated sitcom "Out of This World"!

by Anonymousreply 1506/21/2013

Datalounge fave Steve Burton was on "Out of this World."

"I didn't know _______ was a child actor" would be a good topic for thread, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 1606/21/2013

The working title for this show was actually "Turd."

by Anonymousreply 1706/21/2013

[quote]Kathleen Wilhoite is one of those actor who you see all the time and never know who they are but they are always terrific

She is great, isn't she. I'm on her Facebook page and she's always saying witty shit. She has a webcast that's very funny, and she sings locally in LA at Rob Romanus's coffee shop. She's been in everything from ANGEL HEART and COLOR OF NIGHT to COP ROCK and ER. She's worked with Charles Bronson, and was in an episode of THE JEFFERSONS. She can also SANG, as that clip up-thread shows. Her part in the horror movie WITCHBOARD was brief but was one of the best things about the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1806/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!