Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can someone's rudeness push you to tears?

I was just at my doctor's office and the secretary there was extremely rude to me. I almost wanted to cry. I can't retaliate in any way until I switch doctors (but I can't since I really like this doctor). Oh my god she's so rude that I wanted to cry.

by Anonymousreply 4606/20/2013

You need to develop a thicker skin, OP -- life is full of rudeness & you can't let it drive you to tears.

Nevertheless, you should tell the doctor that a member of the staff was rude to you. If I were your doctor, I'd want to know that a patient was made uncomfortable by my employee.

by Anonymousreply 106/20/2013

I support you to call rudeness when you see it. An easy way to do this is to ask, "Is there a reason you are being so rude to me?" If the rudeness continues, then you can discount this person entirely. Sometimes people are inadvertent asses.

by Anonymousreply 206/20/2013

Tell the doctor. Patients are harder to find than medical staff. Once at the dentist the assistant left me alone while she chatted outside with a fedex delivery man. I was so tired of sitting there that I started spitting everything out. The dentist was furious with her.

by Anonymousreply 306/20/2013

Definitely tell your doctor. Don't even give her the benefit of a warning by addressing it with her directly. Hopefully she'll be fired!

by Anonymousreply 406/20/2013

I hope that the OP is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 506/20/2013

I don't understand how people like the OP who are so mindnumbingly sensitive managed to make it through life at all.

Grow up, grow some thicker skin.

Like I can't even believe this post is for real reading how pathetic it sounds, but I believe it, because I have known these little wallflowers in real life.

by Anonymousreply 606/20/2013

Me too, r5.

by Anonymousreply 706/20/2013

Perhaps she was the trigger and not what moved you to tears.

by Anonymousreply 806/20/2013

Sorry, OP, but we do have to ask women their age.

by Anonymousreply 906/20/2013

Details, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 1006/20/2013

R6 wants everyone to know that he's made of sterner stuff. Whenever his rotting, pale breasts are exposed, he buries all the invective deep, deep inside. In time, his two corpulent mammary glands will become two incredibly fat, redolent diamonds.

by Anonymousreply 1106/20/2013

Let me guess, you're the same delicate flower who couldn't deal with going to a wedding by himself.

by Anonymousreply 1206/20/2013

Is Naomi Campbell interviewing for assistant again?

by Anonymousreply 1306/20/2013

r5,r6,r7 sound like terrible people. I hope they die soon.

by Anonymousreply 1506/20/2013

No, rudeness hasn't made me want to cry since I was 12. I assume the rude individual has a problem. They're to be pitied. But not to the point of shedding my own tears. ..

by Anonymousreply 1606/20/2013

Call her out on it.

Ask her, "Why do you find it necessary to be so rude to me? What have I done?"

I've done that a few times; usually the other person will stare in bewilderment for a moment ... and then apologize.

by Anonymousreply 1706/20/2013

I manage a medical office.

Definitely tell the Doctor. Often times the doctor doesn't even know how he staff is treating patients...they are so busy.

If the office doesn't have an effective manager then the staff isn't being properly supervised.

It might be all the doctor needs to dismiss the employee for poor performance...sometimes we are waiting for just one more instance to happen.

Complain about it...but not to the employee themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1806/20/2013

Sorry that the truth hurts R11/R15. Life is tough, the world is tough. You have to learn to handle things and stand up to yourself and not just run and cry and be a victim.

That isn't being mean. It is just reality.

by Anonymousreply 1906/20/2013

OP, I hope that you're not a guy. Please don't be a guy.

by Anonymousreply 2006/20/2013

If she was that rude, tell your doctor for heaven's sake. Let the doctor know it will not be tolerated. That type of behavior from the receptionist/nurse is uncalled for. Complain to the DOCTOR, not the other staff people.

There's plenty of unemployed who would be happy to have a job and not behave that way.

by Anonymousreply 2106/20/2013

"Can someone's rudeness push you to tears?"

Only if I'm hormonal.

by Anonymousreply 2206/20/2013

And what if the OP was a guy? I am a guy, and I have had some uncalled for and extremely rude behavior from medical and retail staff in my time. Don't you think a man's feelings can be hurt?

by Anonymousreply 2306/20/2013

Y'all just don't get it! I posted on Facebook that a receptionist was rude at the doc's office and I got a call from the doc's office saying that the doc wanted me to make an appointment. Scared the bejesus out of me as that never happens! Anyway, I asked why and the doc's nurse said that I didn't need an appointment, but that the doc would call me later on. He called and let me have it for posting about his office on Facebook and said that I should find another doctor, that I was dragging him through the mud by talking about his receptionist!! I hadn't mentioned any names at all, my post was very generic. I couldn't believe he was calling and letting ME have it for complaining about the receptionist! I talked him out of his anger and am still seeing him at this point, but I plan to switch doctors soon and let HIM have it on the way out! What a fucking asshole!! He is only in his 40's but was acting like a 12 year old! Turns out that one of his nurses was a friend on Facebook and had told him! My point is that you shouldn't condemn the OP because complaining doesn't always get you the result that you seek in the first place!!

by Anonymousreply 2406/20/2013

I am always amazed at the number of medical/dental offices that have the worst front desk staff. I have had numerous run-ins with snarky, snotty, rude receptionists, secretaries, even office managers at these types of offices.

And, any time I mentioned it to the physician or dentist they seem to just shrug it off.

One doctor admitted that he was actually afraid to fire his office manager because he feared her temper. What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 2506/20/2013

Anyone, like R24, who posts complaints of FUCKING FACEBOOK instead of directly contacting the one in charge - in this case the doctor himself, immediately, when you can demand an apology - is a passive-aggressive lil' bitch. You cancelled out your complaint by taking it to fakebook

by Anonymousreply 2606/20/2013

FUCK YOU, 26!!!

by Anonymousreply 2706/20/2013

Post it on fakebook first, R24. First things first.

by Anonymousreply 2806/20/2013

Unfortunately, I had to leave a really good doctor because of his pathologically awful office staff. They were very low class, tough Lawn Guyland women by way of Sicily. They made Carmela Soprano look like Mother Teresa. Think of the hen party Karen Hill attended in Goodfellas.

The dr did not hire his own staff. They were provided by the hospital and he actually seemed frightened of them. He totally was not going to rock the boat.

In addition to being rude and stupid, they were incompetent. Having worked in hospitals and dealt with incompetent office staff at doctor's offices, I couldn't stay with my dr. It's really dangerous to have a dr whose staff might forget to relay a message or drop a call or garble a message from a hospital or pharmacy.

I still miss that doc. He was one of the best doctors I've ever had, but his staff could affect his level of care with their brainless, brutish incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 2906/20/2013

Ha, I just rewatched that scene in Goodfellas and the women in it are actually much more attractive, well spoken and well dressed than the doctor's staff. His staff wore black jeans, high heels, too-tight muffin top shirts with flabby breast cleavage falling out. And they were in their 40s and 50s.

by Anonymousreply 3006/20/2013

OP, it's not rudeness, its standard procedure. We are SUPPOSED to weigh you.

by Anonymousreply 3106/20/2013

Always be polite so that no one can say you caused the problem. Tell the doctor that you hope you didn't upset his receptionist. When he inquires why you are asking, just mention that you thought she must have been upset and then describe her behavior. Don't give him the chance to believe you are an asshole and that she was in the right. Or, next time, ask her directly what you have done to upset her. She'll pull back, I promise.

by Anonymousreply 3206/20/2013

OP is on the final lap of the "Invitation Only Mary! Marathon."

by Anonymousreply 3306/20/2013

R11's takedown of R6 was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 3406/20/2013

No but it can push me to want to rip their throat out.

by Anonymousreply 3506/20/2013

You can't retaliate, OP? You weep?

What's with the silly drama? Stop it. (SLAP.)

You call the office and say you want to speak to the doctor about a staff issue and it's important, so she can call you at home if needed.

You tell the doctor what the issue is. You listen to the doctor apologize and say she'll manage it.

And the next time you deal with the receptionist you stand your ground and if a single nuance is out of line, you tell the doctor when you see her about it, and say you are going to post comments on medical office review web sites, because enough is enough.

Ignore the inane and stupid comments about "making sure you didn't start it." What the fuck is wrong with you piddly little children? You're a patient. You're a customer. You are there because people get sick. And you are not playing girlfriend with the cunt. She has a job to do and if she is being a bitch, nail her to the wall.

I have.

by Anonymousreply 3606/20/2013

As a woman, I hope that OP is not female. We have enough trouble dealing with the stereotype of weak, weepy women like Ann Curry.

by Anonymousreply 3706/20/2013

what I find sad is that people go through life like that; they're in a lot pain.

But as a I get older I like to say to those people: "Look, it sucks having a shitty life, but don't take it out on other people -- especially me."

by Anonymousreply 3806/20/2013

I agree you should never be afraid to call out somebody for being rude... they usually wilt... they might also have a reason, if not an excuse. Being a receptionist at a doctor's office is a pretty tough job... phone never stops ringing, real sick people, people who imagine they're sick and act twice as bad, missed appointments, rebooked appointments, the doctor's mood... it's a hard job and realistically, it's going to show from time to time.

That said, it doesn't have to show as rudeness and if she was rude to me I'd have called her on it. So OP it's up to you not to want to cry when somebody's rude. Take it stride, call them out or move on, but buck up, cry baby.

by Anonymousreply 3906/20/2013

[quote] You call the office and say you want to speak to the doctor about a staff issue and it's important, so she can call you at home if needed.

I'm sorry, the doctor is busy and cannot take phone calls unless it is a hospital with an emergency. Please leave your name and number and we will speak to the dr and tell him you have a "staff issue" and he will call you back when he has time. Thanks a bunch, dear.

("Oh Dr Smith, you know that morbidly obese lesbian with the cane who has fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and recurrent Lyme disease? Yeah. That one. She has a "staff issue" she wants to discuss with you." > snicker >)

by Anonymousreply 4006/20/2013

I do get fucked off with the pinu-machu receptionist at my doctors and her attitude. I did hand in a fecal sample once, and her face was a picture. I did offer sympathy for how it must be so humiliating to be spending her day behind a security glass screen, answering the telephone and being the recipient of urine and fecal samples.

by Anonymousreply 4106/20/2013

Ut oh, I guess Brunhilda wants to state her boundaries again.

Tell her to email me

by Anonymousreply 4206/20/2013

Rude people are unhappy people. If she was engaged to a rich, handsome stud with a big dick- she'd be like, "GOOD morneeeen!".

by Anonymousreply 4306/20/2013

Don't complain to the doctor - why bother? He/she obviously works with incompetent staff and is okay with that.

Complain to the insurance company. Complain to the state licensing board. Complain to an entity higher than the doctor and nurse, an entity whose opinion and/or money they actually care about.

And start using the doctor's name on facebook.

by Anonymousreply 4406/20/2013

OP, you a lezbo?

by Anonymousreply 4506/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.