Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Naomi Klein- Fearmonger or Right-On Woman?

Her books, "No Logo" and "The Shock Doctrine" are such depressing reads.

What do you have to say about the daughter of a draft daughter who seems to delight in making everybody even more ill at ease in the world?

by Anonymousreply 906/20/2013

RIGHT-ON WOMAN, for sure!! Many Americans these days (especially those on the right) have no respect for people who speak the truth. Naomi Klein speaks the truth and, yes, it is depressing, as are the times we are living in.

by Anonymousreply 106/20/2013

Extremist.

by Anonymousreply 206/20/2013

What difference does it make if her dad was a draft dodger, a war hawk, or a chiropodist?

by Anonymousreply 306/20/2013

R3, because I think it definitely informs her work. She's all "Miss Canada" when she is Canadian because her dad fled there.

by Anonymousreply 406/20/2013

Like Noam Chomsky: brilliant thinkers, but I really wouldn't want to be stuck with them at a dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 506/20/2013

You can't handle the truth!

by Anonymousreply 606/20/2013

Draft dodgers are heroes, but No Logo (the only Wolf book I've read) makes her seem like an overachieving grind.

by Anonymousreply 706/20/2013

Sorry, Naomi Klein, Naomi Wolf--both write like straight-A National Honor Society wonks.

by Anonymousreply 806/20/2013

I think Klein is a fantastic writer but, as the OP mentioned, DEPRESSING.

I'm currently about a third of the way through "The Shock Doctrine" and have had to take a few breaks to read cozy murders and other light-hearted books. I do plan to finish, but not all at once.

"No Logo" wasn't such an overwhelming downer. Or, it didn't seem to be, at the time. Maybe now, it would be.

by Anonymousreply 906/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.