Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

China. Is there anything good coming out of that country ?

I don't see it

by Anonymousreply 11606/24/2013

Cheap/er merchandise!

by Anonymousreply 106/19/2013

OP, I'll have you know the L.A. Colors Nail Hardener I bought yesterday from Dollar General has a cute little "Cruelty Free" bunny on the back label!

by Anonymousreply 206/19/2013

I just ordered really nice headphones that will soon be arriving from China.

by Anonymousreply 406/20/2013

China is the US's alter ego. They work 18 hour days in sweat shops so the big chubbies in the US can have cheap dayglo Nikes, so they can finish work at 4.30 in the afternoon. Then they save up their profit from all the cheap trainers so they can lend it back to the US government to spend on developing weapons of mass destruction. Then they hack the US government's computers so they can build their own weapons of mass destruction on the cheap, to make sure their people keep working 18 hour days in sweat shops ....

by Anonymousreply 506/20/2013

R5, and Britain isn't guilty of exploiting sweatshop labour?

Primark? Bangladesh factory collapse? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 606/20/2013

I wouldn't have a problem with China if they weren't trying to bring every species to extinction via their "virility" concoctions (because there simply aren't enough Chinese on the planet) and every fucking thing they produce didn't include some toxic ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 706/20/2013

Cinema and literature. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 806/20/2013

Certainly not furniture. Absolute junk not matter what you pay for it. I work selling furniture and we knowingly send out damaged furniture because we can't exactly send it back, can we? A dining table that cost $1000. in Toronto cost about $50. to make. Not exactly fine furniture. Junk.

by Anonymousreply 906/20/2013

What's scary to me is that as more and more people demand products NOT made in China, the government will allow companies to leave that fact off the product.

by Anonymousreply 1006/20/2013

Long earrings

Silk caftans

by Anonymousreply 1106/20/2013

Bai Ling

by Anonymousreply 1206/20/2013

Tourists leaving China are usually still good.......well if they haven't been poisoned by the Chinese food or air that is.

by Anonymousreply 1306/20/2013

The must make a great anti-freeze.

They seem to use it in all their food products.

by Anonymousreply 1506/20/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 1606/20/2013

That wonderful diesel fuel smell that comes from almost anything you buy from there. It's as pleasurable as standing behind a truck's exhaust for days on end and getting its smoke shoved in your face for days. I'm quite sure some fetishist must love that "splendid" odor that emanates from those things....

by Anonymousreply 1706/20/2013

Antiques.

by Anonymousreply 1806/20/2013

Read your food labels on every item. More and more come from China or India, sometimes Vietnam. This is true whether it is a name brand or lesser-known dollar store brands. Also, when a product has multiple ingredients, vegetable soup, for instance, there may very well be vegetables (or other food ingredients) from anywhere in the world in there. More and more of these are being sourced from China.

by Anonymousreply 1906/20/2013

Even if you want to eat healthy (ie. whole foods like fruit and veg), some of that is coming from China. Check your garlic. Grown in urine and shit.

by Anonymousreply 2006/20/2013

R19, R20, As a consumer on a budget, I try to avoid obvious "negatives" in my food without going to extremes. I've almost totally given up eating fast-food, even their coffee.

I don't have any allergies; sometimes reading labels can just guarantee a better product. I know that jam made in Turkey and off-label organic canned tomatoes often taste better. How do we know whether or not everything made in China is potentially harmful? Is this an over reaction? Plenty of produce is grown in Mexico where there is a rep for poor sanitation as well.

by Anonymousreply 2106/20/2013

r20 - buy Christopher Ranch garlic, grown right here in the USA outside of Silicon Valley. Don't buy any other garlic.

I try to buy as much USA/Europe made as much as possible. I also buy food from farmers. markets. As far as r4 - the last headphones I bought were from GERMANY and you know they'll last forever. Your chinese made ones are CRAP.

My appliances are made in Germany, not in China other than my Samsung fridge. Truthfully I wanted a Sub-Zero (USA made) but the space in my kitchen could not hold one, sadly.

My gardener is American (white), same as my carpenter, pest-control, plumber, and I found a USA only team of painters that I'll use when I paint my house. I also found a USA electrician.

by Anonymousreply 2206/20/2013

Some of their medicinal herbs; acupuncture.

Right now I'd say they make better solar panels than the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 2306/20/2013

R23, acupuncture and herbs came out of that country. They are not coming out of that country.

And less than a month ago The New York Times and others publishes stories about shoddy Chinese solar panels, as well as pricing issues, cover-ups on inspection results, and pay-offs. I include a link to an Iowa site here - the Times story is better to see but requires sign-in.

So shaddup about Chinese solar panels, dear. You have batted .000 and struck out on your claims. Oh, excuse me. That's American lingo for nada.

by Anonymousreply 2406/20/2013

Well, as long as your gardener is white, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2506/20/2013

Solar Industry Anxious Over Defective Panels By TODD WOODY LOS ANGELES — The solar panels covering a vast warehouse roof in the sun-soaked Inland Empire region east of Los Angeles were only two years into their expected 25-year life span when they began to fail.

Coatings that protect the panels disintegrated while other defects caused two fires that took the system offline for two years, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenues.

It was not an isolated incident. Worldwide, testing labs, developers, financiers and insurers are reporting similar problems and say the $77 billion solar industry is facing a quality crisis just as solar panels are on the verge of widespread adoption.

No one is sure how pervasive the problem is. There are no industrywide figures about defective solar panels. And when defects are discovered, confidentiality agreements often keep the manufacturer’s identity secret, making accountability in the industry all the more difficult.

But at stake are billions of dollars that have financed solar installations, from desert power plants to suburban rooftops, on the premise that solar panels will more than pay for themselves over a quarter century.

The quality concerns have emerged just after a surge in solar construction. In the United States, the Solar Energy Industries Association said that solar panel generating capacity exploded from 83 megawatts in 2003 to 7,266 megawatts in 2012, enough to power more than 1.2 million homes. Nearly half that capacity was installed in 2012 alone, meaning any significant problems may not become apparent for years.

“We need to face up to the fact that corners are being cut,” said Conrad Burke, general manager for DuPont’s billion-dollar photovoltaic division, which supplies materials to solar manufacturers.

The solar developer Dissigno has had significant solar panel failures at several of its projects, according to Dave Williams, chief executive of the San Francisco-based company.

“I don’t want to be alarmist, but I think quality poses a long-term threat,” he said. “The quality across the board is harder to put your finger on now as materials in modules are changing every day and manufacturers are reluctant to share that information.”

Most of the concerns over quality center on China, home to the majority of the world’s solar panel manufacturing capacity.

After incurring billions of dollars in debt to accelerate production that has sent solar panel prices plunging since 2009, Chinese solar companies are under extreme pressure to cut costs.

Chinese banks in March, for instance, forced Suntech into bankruptcy. Until 2012, the company had been the world’s biggest solar manufacturer.

Executives at companies that inspect Chinese factories on behalf of developers and financiers said that over the last 18 months they have found that even the most reputable companies are substituting cheaper, untested materials. Other brand-name manufacturers, they said, have shut down production lines and subcontracted the assembly of modules to smaller makers.

“We have inspectors in a lot of factories, and it’s not rare to see some big brands being produced in those smaller workshops where they have no control over quality,” said Thibaut Lemoine, general manager of STS Certified, a French-owned testing service. When STS evaluated 215,000 photovoltaic modules at its Shanghai laboratory in 2011 and 2012, it found the defect rate had jumped from 7.8 percent to 13 percent.

In one case, an entire batch of modules from one brand-name manufacturer listed on the New York Stock Exchange proved defective, Mr. Lemoine said. He declined to identify the manufacturer, citing confidentiality agreements.

“Based on our testing, some manufacturers are absolutely swapping in cheap Chinese materials to save money,” Jenya Meydbray, chief executive of PV Evolution Labs, a Berkeley, Calif., testing service.

by Anonymousreply 2606/20/2013

SolarBuyer, a company based in Marlborough, Mass., discovered defect rates of 5.5 percent to 22 percent during audits of 50 Chinese factories over the last 18 months, said Ian Gregory, the company’s senior marketing director.

Some Chinese manufacturers acknowledge that quality has become a problem

“There are a lot of shortcuts being taken, and unfortunately it’s by some of the more reputable companies and there’s also been lot of new companies starting up in recent years without the same standards we’ve had at Suntech,” said Stuart Wenham, the chief technology officer of Suntech, which is based in Jiangsu Province in eastern China.

When asked about quality standards, Trina Solar, one of the largest Chinese manufacturers, said in an e-mailed response, “For Trina, quality will not be compromised in our cost-reduction efforts.”

The heart of a solar panel is a photovoltaic cell that generates electricity when struck by sunlight. Among the most critical components are a thin film that protects the cell from moisture, and the encapsulant that seals the cell between layers of glass.

Mr. Gregory said repeat inspections of factories found some manufacturers had been constantly switching to cheaper materials, including some whose use-by date had expired.

“If the materials aren’t good or haven’t been thoroughly tested, they won’t stick together and the solar module will eventually fall apart in the field,” he said.

That’s what happened in 2011 at a year-old Australian solar plant, Mr. Meydbray of PV Evolution said. Testing confirmed that substandard materials were causing the Chinese-made modules’ protective coating to degrade, he said. The power plant operator declined to be identified.

“I think quality is increasingly a concern, but it’s not a major issue yet,” said Rhone Resch, chief executive of the Solar Energy Industries Association, a trade group. “As companies race to cut their costs, some who are on the edge may take short cuts.”

The Energy Department’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory has studied the performance of solar panels up to 2010, according to Sarah Kurtz, a scientist who manages the laboratory’s photovoltaic reliability group.

“The question is whether things are deteriorating rapidly or whether it’s a few isolated companies not doing so well on their quality control,” she said. “I hear a lot of angst, but I haven’t seen a lot of solid information.”

All solar panels degrade and gradually generate less electricity over time. But a review of 30,000 installations in Europe by the German solar monitoring firm Meteocontrol found 80 percent were underperforming. Testing of six manufacturers’ solar panels at two Spanish power plants by Enertis Solar in 2010 found defect rates as high as 34.5 percent.

Enfinity operates solar installations in Europe and the United States. Bob Hopper, Enfinity’s chief development officer, said his company had stopped buying Chinese modules because of quality concerns. “Even a small amount of unforecasted degradation in electricity production can have significant economic impact on us,” he said.

In the Netherlands, René Moerman, chief strategy officer of Solar Insurance and Finance, said claims had risen 15 percent recently. He said an inspection of a solar plant in Britain in March revealed that 12 percent of the newly installed Chinese-made modules had failed. He said confidentiality agreements prevented him from naming the manufacturer.

Other solar developers and installers said they had not experienced quality problems.

“The systems we installed in 2012 had the best performing year yet,” said Lyndon Rive, chief executive of SolarCity, the largest residential solar installer in the United States and a buyer of panels from China’s Yingli Solar and Trina.

by Anonymousreply 2706/20/2013

Non-Chinese manufacturers have had quality problems as well. The defective panels installed on the Los Angeles area warehouse, for instance, were made by an American manufacturer. A reporter was granted access to the project on the condition that the parties’ identities not be disclosed because of a confidential legal settlement.

First Solar, one of the United States’ biggest manufacturers, has set aside $271.2 million to cover the costs of replacing defective modules it made in 2008 and 2009.

Nor are all solar developers shunning Chinese manufacturers. The United States subsidiary of Yingli, the world’s largest solar panel maker since 2012, won a contract last year to supply solar panels for a California power plant.

“The one thing I can tell you is that Yingli does not cut corners,” said Brian Grenko, vice president for operations at Yingli Americas, adding that only 15 defective modules had been returned to the company out of 2.8 million shipped to the United States since 2009.

Still, Yingli executives acknowledge that quality has become a competitive issue.

The company now offers a comprehensive insurance policy to customers and has established its own testing laboratory in the San Francisco area.

Mr. Wenham, the Suntech executive, said manufacturers needed to be held accountable and advocated creating testing labs not beholden to the industry that would assess quality.

“We need to start naming names,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 2806/20/2013

Remember that fortune cookie that said: You will soon begin eating off of that new China.

We are.

by Anonymousreply 2906/20/2013

The clothes on your back and the shoes on your feet.

by Anonymousreply 3006/20/2013

slave labor so corps are wealthier,i read that their groundwaters are seventy percent polluted with chemicals and there are cancer villages

poor people

western elite is responsible

by Anonymousreply 3106/20/2013

R28, Shocking. Vegas was supposed to have had a joint venture for solar energy with China.

by Anonymousreply 3206/20/2013

Sorry Americans soon are going to be the bitches of Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 3306/20/2013

[quote]western elite is responsible

Nope. Corporate China is willing and able to exploit its poor workers all by itself. It would do it even if exporting to other countries paying top dollar, just so that those in charge could make a few extra bucks for themselves. Same as the U.S. in that regard, sure, but with even fewer regulations or ability to get restitution (via bringing law suits) than in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 3406/20/2013

Their General Tsao makes a mighty fine chicken!

by Anonymousreply 3506/20/2013

Perhaps if our motherfucking govt told corporations to GTFO altogether if they want to ship jobs, we wouldn't have to endure shit products

by Anonymousreply 3606/20/2013

R35 Rofl i loled

R34 i susspect that communism from the beginning was supported by our elites in there,so i mean they started the ball rolling just like they destroyed russi

windsor/rotshchild sindicate i blame

by Anonymousreply 3706/20/2013

r37, Windsor/Rothschild syndicate you blame? Details, please, or links for more info.

by Anonymousreply 3806/20/2013

Everything made in china is crap. I look at every label and avoid it like the plague...it's a friggin 3rd world county and idiots are worried about them like they worried abut Japan in the 80s. Look at sad Japan today...

by Anonymousreply 3906/20/2013

The difference is that Japan actually made good products, not like the shit coming out of China.

by Anonymousreply 4006/20/2013

China used to be such a creative place, now that has been beaten out of them and they have a very assimilationist outlook on life that is disturbing. Ever hang out with a Chinese person? They have a very linear way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 4106/20/2013

Remember that made-in-china drywall that had some shit like sulfur or something in it which caused it to reek to high heaven and made people sick? What do you expect from a country that kills endangered rhinos only for their horns in the superstitious belief it will make their dicks harder or bigger? Or that slaughters millions of sharks just for the fin?

by Anonymousreply 4206/20/2013

"The difference is that Japan actually made good products, not like the shit coming out of China."

Japan then South Korea started out manufacturing very cheap and lousy products. Korea now has the fight and hunger to lead over Japan.

by Anonymousreply 4306/20/2013

R38 i suspect them because it was them (the roths and relatives warburg if not mistaken) that sponsored russian commie revolution,they got the czars money after that and territory as vasal state

windsors cause of opium wars they were always the drug runners in china so i connect commies in russia with the chinese commies

and commies to roths(relatives of karl marx-heard he married into roth family)

and roths and windors(saxe coburgs battenbergs ) i understand were always buddy buddy

and coincidentally they profited tons from slave labor in these huge ex empires(russia/china)

i have no proof it's just theories and i think if there was proof they would conceal it anyway

i know that rotschilds love karl marx,one of them praised/mentioned the guy talking about the current economic problems today

communism is fantastic for corporate and central banks,and roths love banks and centralized power

if you are interested try searching these things i read this years ago

by Anonymousreply 4406/20/2013

Did i hear correctly this morning on the news that the US is buying Chinese steel to build and repair bridges because it is cheaper?????? Yeah and it falls apart faster- you get what you pay for. This country is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4506/20/2013

Hey r3 fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 4606/20/2013

That is frightening 45.

by Anonymousreply 4706/20/2013

We can "look at all the labels"we want,but it doesn't change the fact that we ALL live with Chinese-made goods. ALL OF US! Most of the parts in "American-made"cars,all the materials used to make houses and apartment buildings,sheets,towels,mattresses,air conditioners,water heaters,fans,carpet,the parts that your "European" stoves,dishwashers,refrigerators,garbage disposals,microwaves,coffee makers televisions,paint,trash bags,blow-dryers,office supplies,copiers,monitors, computers,cell phones,smart phones,film,DVDs ,CDs,EVERYTHING made of plastic,vacuum cleaners,EVERYTHING The Gap,Banana Republic,boots,shoes,sneakers,glass,mirror,lawn mowers ,trimmers,ALL tools hoses,chemicals,the textiles used to make "American" branded clothing,toys, baby products,clocks,tile,shingles,screws,nails,curtains,blinds,lamps,light bulbs and MILLIONS OF OTHER THINGS AMERICANS USE EVERY DAY !!!!! everything in a hospital,dentist,or doctors office,heavy machinery....

So grow the fuck up,and get off your high fucking horse! If you don't think your life is COMPLETELY INUNDATED with things,goods,services from China YOU ARE LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD! Some of the fucking idiots here need to read ALOT more than the labels on your blouses!? Seriously keep your sanctimonious bullshit opinions to yourselves until you know WTF you are talking about! You wind-up sounding like Rosie,Madge,Goop, or some moronic Miss Universe pageanteer.

by Anonymousreply 4806/20/2013

R38 and basically in short why i suspect windsor/rothschild syndicate and their relatives(well,they are all related,and i suspect act in orchestrated manner so it does not matter which branch,they share the loot) is cause i always say-follow the money:

windsors:biggest landowners in the world-monarch of uk and the russian state.if russian government works for western elite you can add russian state to uk monarch ownership.also i heard monarch is the head of freemasons(the fifth column in subverted/enslaved countries)

rothschilds:the bank.everywhere.currency printing/investing.investing in russian gas/oil/metals etc.and in chinese sweatshops.also tries in india,but i read in the news had beef with some rich family bakrie or smt like that

this is just my/other people theories dude, i doubt the masons will include this in history/finance textbooks if this is somewhat true LOL

and you sound defensive.if it's you Mr Rothschild you should know i /we still love you and i have tons of respect for our elites,just don't hurt us too much,ok?i'm from europe,your dominion :P

:P and if depopulation through sterilization via gmo is true i support that too,but you should have done it faster

:P

XoXo happy that the elites are also gay

:P

damn i wish it was them

LOL

by Anonymousreply 4906/20/2013

The cuisines are sublime.

by Anonymousreply 5006/20/2013

R39 - everything made in China is crap?

Tell that to all the folks using their iPhones, iPads and MacBook Pros.

by Anonymousreply 5106/20/2013

[quote]I don't see it

Are you wearing "Made in China" glasses?

by Anonymousreply 5206/20/2013

Yes, if you prefer men with small dicks.

by Anonymousreply 5306/20/2013

Wendi Deng - she might be the death of Rupert

by Anonymousreply 5406/20/2013

Ai Weiwei. Expected him to be an insufferable prick, turns out he's actually very humble and inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 5506/20/2013

Ai ya! No wei!

by Anonymousreply 5606/20/2013

Everything we use is from China.

by Anonymousreply 5706/20/2013

Uhmm?

by Anonymousreply 5806/20/2013

A big "Mary!" for r48.

by Anonymousreply 5906/20/2013

well the plus side of R48 is that thank the universe we in the west are not the slaves making all that garbage.

tnx to our fab elite.

lets hope it continues this way

though this manufactured crisis of theirs is really creepy.maybe it's just to start some wars against arabs and no jobs means people will go into military

hope it stops there

by Anonymousreply 6006/20/2013

Am I the only one that thinks R59 is PPSM?

by Anonymousreply 6106/20/2013

[quote]well the plus side of [R48] is that thank the universe we in the west are not the slaves making all that garbage.

Except we used to make the better-quality stuff the chinese shit replaced.

by Anonymousreply 6206/20/2013

Off topic but how about those workers under Tom Delay (he had money invested) being forced to have abortions so they could keep their sweatshop jobs making abercrombie and fitch et al crapola ....I think it was in Mauritania or somewhere

by Anonymousreply 6306/20/2013

Their dried plums have unsafe levels of lead and have been pulled from store shelves here. That tells you all you need to know about the pollution levels over there.

by Anonymousreply 6406/20/2013

R48, "a lot" = two separate words.

by Anonymousreply 6506/20/2013

I have to admit it gives me some kind of perverse pleasure to see the public reaction to the labor practices Apple endorses. As well as their never ending strategy to pay as little tax as possible.

I would sum up the reaction of many of my fellow liberals/progressives as:

WalMart Bad. iPhone Good. Leave Apple alone.

It reminds of the Scott Thompson joke - where he says he finds someone who he is sexually attracted to and assigns them a personality he likes. He just ignores whatever they do which conflicts with the personality he assigned them.

by Anonymousreply 6606/20/2013

I think they still need to worry about a Chinese Spring...

by Anonymousreply 6706/20/2013

Currently the biggest and fastest computer in the world - yes, beating America

by Anonymousreply 6806/21/2013

r66 - I totally agree. San Franciscans are generally against big chain stores like WalMart. However, in spite of the Chinese practices you see iphones everywhere and the Apple stores are always busy.

by Anonymousreply 6906/21/2013

They gave us Nancy Kwan. I'm sassified.

by Anonymousreply 7006/21/2013

R70 Nancy Kwan was born in Hong Kong when it was still a British colony, so not from China.

by Anonymousreply 7106/21/2013

R63, Tom DeLay was involved with the manufacturing/labor scandal in the Northern Mariana Islands.

Mauritania is a country in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 7206/21/2013

The north face of Mt. Everest

by Anonymousreply 7306/21/2013

People who own iPhones don't seem to mind them.

by Anonymousreply 7406/21/2013

Their babies are not as good as African babies.

by Anonymousreply 7506/21/2013

Grow up, r48. Of greatest concern is food products.

by Anonymousreply 7606/21/2013

Pearl cream. Soy sauce. Take-out lunches that are a great deal. Enough food for 2 people. Plus egg roll. And choice of fry rice or why rice.

by Anonymousreply 7706/21/2013

Cunty she-devils that take down old Australian cunts like Rupert Murdoch!

by Anonymousreply 7806/21/2013

Not drivers!

by Anonymousreply 7906/23/2013

The last thing you ever want to do is FLY on an air plane made in that darn country!! Lots of them have been having "incidents" and crashing!

by Anonymousreply 8006/23/2013

[quote]Their babies are not as good as African babies.

But are they less expensive?

by Anonymousreply 8106/23/2013

yes. maybe the best looking people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 8206/23/2013

Potential comedian at R82....

Actually, some Chinese women are nice looking.

by Anonymousreply 8306/23/2013

Whatever the quality of their merchandise, BOYCOTT China! Look at the labels, dammit! There are other choices, even if not made in the USA. The point is that if Americans would quit buying Chinese made products, we wouldn't be inundated with all their crap. The only people making out on these deals are fatcat CEO's outsourcing there and the Chinese government while consumers are left with cheap, inferior products.

by Anonymousreply 8406/23/2013

I just did.

by Anonymousreply 8506/23/2013

I love me some General Chow Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 8606/23/2013

I try to avoid buying stuff made in China, but a lot of times the only "choice" is different products...that are all made in China.

by Anonymousreply 8706/23/2013

You have to stop shopping at "those" stores R87.

There is a new emerging generation of retailers who are refusing to sell the made in China crap.

by Anonymousreply 8806/23/2013

Well, I will continue to try, I am not going to give up, R88

by Anonymousreply 8906/23/2013

Apparently "Not made in China" is growing. I recently saw a store in Madrid that emphasized "Nada de lo que vendemos aqui esta hecho en china" (nothing sold here is made in China)

by Anonymousreply 9006/23/2013

As a POC, I have nothing against the Chinese people. I just feel that it's important to buy American made products because it creates jobs here in America. And job creation leads to poverty reduction. If you do nothing else but simply buy American made products( and tell your family and friends to do so), you can contribute to poverty reduction in this country.

by Anonymousreply 9106/23/2013

Also, there are buy American directories on the internet that can help you find American made products.

by Anonymousreply 9206/23/2013

Environmental collapse in our lifetime? China represents the worst aspects of unfettered capitalism on steroids. A lot of it reminds me of the US in the late 1800s, only 10X faster and bigger. But the US had an entire pristine continent to plunder and expand into. China was already polluted and overcrowded even before the huge industrial expansion. So now China is desperately trying to buy up and strip-mine resources from the rest of the third world. Nothing good is going to come of this.

by Anonymousreply 9306/23/2013

Knock-off shit.

by Anonymousreply 9406/23/2013

Money! Lots of money! Wheee, I love China.

by Anonymousreply 9506/23/2013

Mu Shu Pork and Kung Pao Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 9606/23/2013

I agree that some Chinese people are gorgeous. That model that is dating Naomi Campbell's ex is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. R22, you not hiring foreign employees really has nothing to do with this . The topic is China.

by Anonymousreply 9706/23/2013

Profit for the 1%

by Anonymousreply 9806/23/2013

Yes, lot's of funny money is leaving China, if you get wot I mean, they're buying up real estate in cities all over the globe.

by Anonymousreply 9906/23/2013

I'm still trying to fathom how R46 can be offended. Has this cunt never had to work with a mercantilist, conniving, incompetent Chinese person? In which case she should shut up. She probably judges the Chinese by the nice waitress at her Noodle Hut.

I do not refer to Chinese-Americans. I don't refer to Chinese immigrants here to work and make a life as Americans. I refer to Chinese immigrants of recent coinage who are here merely to suck up the technology, the education, the cash and the cachet of our system before heading back with their arms loaded with goodies for their rotten, insupportable system. And the incompetence I noted is rampant in the university system. They're idiots because their focus is elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 10006/23/2013

R91 - so poverty reduction is not important in the rest of the world? Just the US?

by Anonymousreply 10106/23/2013

Well, r101, we have to consider what the trade imbalance has done to the USA. We no longer have much of a manufacturing base. You want that? You want to deal with the consequences of that?

Sure, other countries have an interest in pulling themselves out of poverty. But, so do we.

Can all countries be equal? NO. Some have more resources than others.

by Anonymousreply 10206/23/2013

Not to worry, Peak Oil will take care of any ambitions any country's ambitions of grandeur. It is here now.

by Anonymousreply 10306/23/2013

R102 - the US has had a trade imbalance since 1980.

If you're so worried about the best thing you could do is stop using imported oil.

Ironically it was the Bush Administration that had the lowest imbalance since 1992.

I think there are reasons to buy American. Primarily because we have laws and regulations which provide some protection to labor. Not so in China.

But if your primary concern is alleviating poverty - than buying American is not much of a solution.

by Anonymousreply 10406/23/2013

R76 bitch,what?!

by Anonymousreply 10506/24/2013

1) Buying American leads to demand for American products, thus job creation and job creation reduces poverty 2) No country in the world is concerned about America's poor. We aren't obligated to raise the world's poor out of poverty while neglecting our own.

by Anonymousreply 10606/24/2013

That country is a massive ecological disaster waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 10706/24/2013

In mere hours R80's article has been erased. I guess Chinese protested because it looked bad for Chinese. It's so strange and cowardly how foreign entities are cowed into placating East Asian sensibilities. The same thing has happened with illegal Japanese whalers. Foreign media will tow the Japanese line that these ships are for research purposes when they are for the illegal killing of endangered whales.

by Anonymousreply 10806/24/2013

R43, the fight and hunger but not the quality of Japanese products.

by Anonymousreply 10906/24/2013

The Chinese steal the industrial engineering from every product they make.

by Anonymousreply 11006/24/2013

You just can't trust people with squinty eyes

by Anonymousreply 11106/24/2013

India is already surpassing China in cheaper labor.

China will be left with a nation of over priced workers who still can't make quality goods.

Their days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 11206/24/2013

Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, but big pharma will do everything possible to discredit all of it.

by Anonymousreply 11306/24/2013

Traditional Chinese Medicines are what we would call in the west "Witch Potions".

by Anonymousreply 11406/24/2013

Powdered endangered rhino horn will not make your dick big and hard, r113. But it may result in the extinction of an entire species.

by Anonymousreply 11506/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.