Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best Camera

So, I've never been particularly nuts about the photos from my phone, plus I hardly ever even have my phone with me anyhow.

Anyone have suggstions for the best compact camera that takes great photos, easy to use and doesn't cost a fortune? There are tons of them out there to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013

OP, I've got this one and it does everything I need and more. Read the Amazon reviews.

You won't go wrong with this one.

by Anonymousreply 106/19/2013

Watch for a sale on a Kodak for around $115.

by Anonymousreply 206/22/2013

Panasonic Lumix DMC30 (also known as a TZ40). A brilliant, flexible camera with Leica lenses and a 20X optical zoom. Digital zooms are pathetic: you get the same effect by "blowing up" the photo afterwards (i:e, loss of mage quality).

WARNING: get a screen protector and a camera case for any camera with a touch screen - and be careful. Those screens damage easily and the camera is almost useless afterwards.

I learned the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 306/22/2013

I really want an SLR.

by Anonymousreply 406/22/2013

What's your budget? Get yourself a Panasonic Lumix LX7. B&H sells them for $399. Even better if you can find an LX5. Not much between the two but it will be cheaper. They are a Leica D'Luxe 6 with different software and a slightly different form factor (the LX7 has a built in grip and is $300 cheaper). Panasonic makes them for Leica and rebadges them as the LX7. They are exactly the same components including the Leica lenses. The photos are amazingly clean and the colour is brilliant. Also check out the: Olympus XZ-2, Canon Powershot S110 and the Sony RX100. They are basically proffessional compact cameras with fully manual or fully automatic functionality. The end results are vastly different to your run-of-the-mill compact camera.

by Anonymousreply 506/22/2013

Just curious "hardly ever have your phone with you," so what makes you think you would carry your camera?

by Anonymousreply 606/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!