Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are you doing for Gay Pride this year?

Share your plans here.

Inquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2013

I'm spending it in Laos where they haven't discovered gay yet.

by Anonymousreply 106/19/2013

Ugh, is that still a thing? When can we move on from 1970s concepts?

by Anonymousreply 206/19/2013

Most gays in Canada are barricading themselves for the Right Wing backlash which seems to be a growing part of Canadian society today, since the election of anti-gay Right Wingers like PM Stephen Harper and Torontos Mayor Rob Ford. Heck even Liberal leader Bob Rae is publicly defending anti-gay Evangelical ministries like Crossroads in Burlington, ON.

by Anonymousreply 306/19/2013

I'm bringing Marcus Bachmann as my plus one.

by Anonymousreply 406/19/2013

Colorado gays will be smoking a lot of pot this year and James Dobson is PISSED about it!

by Anonymousreply 506/19/2013

Oh Please. Do people still do this?

by Anonymousreply 606/19/2013

Let's talk about NYC pride. Any major headliners? will there be another meningitis outbreak? There seems to be like 12 parties this year, something to do for the entire long weekend.

But I haven't heard of any major acts yet. Ciara did LA. Surely NY will get a big name.

For the people who miss out on pride events, I highly recommend it, even if in your normal life you are a stuffy professional type. Let loose, live a little.

by Anonymousreply 706/19/2013

Okay, NYC Pride = lots of narcissists parading down the street in thongs or dancing on flatbed trucks screaming," Look at me! Look at me!" Drag queens stumble down the street on the only day ( other than Halloween) where they can do this without being ridiculed by both straights and gays. A few families and people with a legitimate right to be proud because of what they are doing to further the cause of equality. Some opportunistic politicians who will march in anything, as long as their faces are seen and they can look like they give a rat's ass. After the parade, lots of promiscuous sex, brought about by too much alcohol and drugs. A while later, more cases of STD's and perhaps meningitis. Then some deaths. Hey, Happy Pride, NYC!

by Anonymousreply 806/19/2013

Leaving town

by Anonymousreply 906/19/2013

What a little burst of homophobic negativity. You little things should be so ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 1006/19/2013

Pride does the homosexual community at large no favours when its members march in public, naked body parts flinging in all directions. My advice: “Cool it.”

by Anonymousreply 1106/19/2013

R8 clearly has never been to NYC Pride. If he had, he would know that the vast majority of people who march are groups like The Flatbush Gay and Lesbian BINGO Club or Flushing Gay and Lesbian Library Guild.

by Anonymousreply 1206/19/2013

But who pays attention to the majority? Who is going to get the attention, narcissist thong dancers or some gay Bingo club? Have fun marching in the parade.

by Anonymousreply 1306/19/2013

I'll be avoiding it as much as possible, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 1406/19/2013

OP is going to become a Jain monk, walking barefoot from place to place, abstaining from electricity and telephones, never preparing food, and living off what other people choose to provide him. That is the logical end of living for others' opinions. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 1506/19/2013

Hahahahahahalolololololololololhahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 1606/27/2013

Seeing Bette Midler's Broadway show.

by Anonymousreply 1706/27/2013

Sitting alone at home, wishing I were in better shape so I could enjoy being around attractive men without wishing I were dead.

by Anonymousreply 1806/27/2013

Nothing, OP. Maybe watch Brokeback Mountain on Netflix. I'm too old to celebrate (54 here).

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2013

My husband, my ex, and I will be going to watch, even if R12 is right. Oh, and it's five hours long, too.

Especially this year, if just to see Edie!

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2013

I'm letting out my caftan!

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2013

I got to work overtime both weekend days. Woohoo- an excuse. I've had enough of broiling heat and 300 lb. hairy dykes to last a lifetime.

And if I see one more Queer drag their little pet- their paws scalded and dying of thirst- to these things, I'm going to fill-up a crock pot full of thumbtacks and...

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

[quote]And if I see one more Queer drag their little pet- their paws scalded and dying of thirst- to these things, I'm going to fill-up a crock pot full of thumbtacks and...

Je t'adore, R22

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

Ignoring it, like I do every year. Gay Pride is for tourists and politicians.

by Anonymousreply 2406/27/2013

Honestly, if you've been to one Gay Pride event, you've been to them all. It's hot, it's crowded and sort of boring.

by Anonymousreply 2506/27/2013

Far away from the parade as always. The marchers consist of Lea Delaria lookalike lesbians-so grotesque, exhibitionist muscle boys -as if we've never seen them, drugged out drag queens- yawn and s+m freaks of all kinds. Suck up politicians who have to make an appearance for the vote who would normally never be seen there- except for obnoxious Christine Quinn who needs all the help she can get. The worst of the worst representation of homosexuals and an embarassment. There is the SAGE and parents of gays representations as well. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 2606/27/2013

At the 25th anniversary of Stonewall, I saw a dean at Columbia Law School in piss slave drag. And another year at the Pride Parade, I saw him driving his own jeep in the Men of Discipline contingent. As a sub, he had to be the chauffeur. Natch. Too embarrassing for words.

I can't escape it. It starts right around my corner.

Will there be any tattooed pets in this year's parade?

by Anonymousreply 2706/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.