Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CHER on THE VOICE

What the FUCK was happening with her hair?

It looks like her upper wig and lower wig were about to fight with each other. Or that a rabid animal was sitting on her head.

Also: lipsync much?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5506/21/2013

When she opens her mouth to sing, the only thing that comes out is dust.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 106/19/2013

I thought that was what came out of her crusty cooze....

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 206/19/2013

Since when can Cher sing live?.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 306/19/2013

What was with the MC Hammer pants?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 506/19/2013

I love her, but isn't she like, 67? This mindless crap that she "sings", at her age, is just sad. We can knock Madonna all we want for refusing to realize her age, but why does Cher get a pass?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 606/19/2013

R6: And thank you, by the way.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 706/19/2013

[quote] We can knock Madonna all we want for refusing to realize her age, but why does Cher get a pass?

Good question. Maybe just shock that old girl is still alive?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 806/19/2013

[quote]but why does Cher get a pass?

Because Cher doesn't take herself too seriously, unlike Madonna who thinks that everything she does is art. Madonna also doesn't have a sense of humor.

Cher is accomplished, Madonna isn't. She will never win an Oscar, and that just kills her. She truly is nothing by a pop singer, and she can't even sing.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 906/19/2013

Here's why people like Cher.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1006/19/2013

So that wig was on purpose? She's worn some crazy looking wigs before but that was simply atrocious. R9, you're going to get you know who started.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1106/19/2013

That hair looked almost as bad as Janet Jackson's new weave....

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1206/19/2013

She gets a pass because she is motherfucking CHER. She's a pop diva and a decent actress. She's funny and makes fun of herself. She's honest about things that Madge would rather die than admit.

She's everything Madge is, plus she's everything Madge isn't and will never be.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1306/19/2013

Oh shit!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1406/19/2013

[quote]but why does Cher get a pass?

Beats me. I also get the feeling that if Lourdes was to come out, Madonna would handle it a lot better than Cher did with Chaz.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1506/19/2013

Um she sang live.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1606/19/2013

Missed cues and all

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1706/19/2013

R9 Cher deservedly won an Oscar for her excellent Moonstruck performance, but you're forgetting that Madonna is the biggest selling and most successful female recording artist of all time

A woman who's success in music is so large that it has always overshadowed her film career a woman so successful and powerful that Time magazine named her one of the 25 most influential and powerful woman of all time

Besides awards are meaningless anyway Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame her first year eligible and received the awards, Cher has never even been NOMINATED to be in the HOF it took Cher almost 40 years into her career(2000) to win her first Grammy, I could go on.

Cher, who has only one big hit single in the last 20 years, has simply never had the kind of fame and worldwide record breaking pooularity on the musical front that Madonna has had.

Madonna has won over 20 Guinness World Records and is the 4th biggest selling artist in history worldwide

So if Madonna not winning an Oscar means that Cher is more accomplished then Cher most be more accomplished than the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson, the only 3 artists in history to outsell Madonna and they all acted in movies and they don't have Oscars either

And for the record neither Madonna or Cher has what you would call a "great voice" and this is coming from someone who's a fan of both of them

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1806/20/2013

Excuse me? I'm still in the room!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 1906/20/2013

Actually the Beatles did win an Oscar, for "Let It Be" in 1970. It wasn't for acting, but nobody said the Oscar couldn't be for music as well.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2006/20/2013

I like the single, but could they have not chosen a worse synth preset to use on that bassline? It was played out then, now it's just not retro enough...

Yes, I miss Paragon and Warsaw, but please....

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2106/20/2013

Buy Ww now on Itunes! Legend

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2206/20/2013

r18 you list all the stats you want on Madge but what you cannot say is that her influence on the music industry has been a good thing. Quite the contrary it gave rise to the like of Milli Vanilli and the scandal of using Martha Wash's vocals on a track that a non singing model lip sang to in a video.

Suddenly what you looked like was more important than your talent and no one exploited that more or benefited more than Madge. Also all the little pop tarts we have endured and acts like Rhianna and Niki Minaj are also due to Madge's existence.

So statistics aside Madge has polluted music.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2306/20/2013

Woman's world is one hideous song. It has flop written all over it.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2406/20/2013

The melody in the verses is good, the chorus is underdone, the production is terrible. The song had potential but they should have spent more than an hour on it.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2506/20/2013

She's just going to be singing to gay Czechoslovakians high on ecstasy, so it doesn't matter.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2606/20/2013

Cher and Madonna have several things in common. Neither one of them are especially talented singers, but they've both had a lot of hit records. Both promoted themselves as sex symbols (they still do) and both have been photographed wearing ridiculous outfits with their tits and asses hanging out. Cher never went as far as Madonna with the nudity and sexual poses, but then nobody has gone as far as Madonna when it comes to selling sex. Both of them appear to be incapable of having a lasting relationship with a man and as they get older and older the men they're involved with get younger and younger. And of course, they're both gay icons.

But the main thing they have in common is that neither of them comprehend that they are not 25 anymore. They both think they're decades younger than their actual age, and behave accordingly. In Maria Riva's book about her mother Marlene Dietrich she claimed that Dietrich never thought of herself as being older than 30, even in her fifties, sixies and seventies. Desperately trying to recapture long gone youth and screwing around with men young enough to be their sons or grandsons...that's Cher and Madonna. Sad.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2706/20/2013

Cher has been lame since 1998. She can't dance at all. She's always stiff as a board and lipsyching her tunes. Check any of her previous promo performances for Believe and Living Proof on You Tube and you will see the same embarrassing half assed performance. She sucks even worse than Madonna.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2806/20/2013

The set was kept dark, no real close ups, looks like she has gained some weight and did I see her body stocking? Mediocre for Cher.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 2906/20/2013

[quote] but why does Cher get a pass?

Because she's CHER, BITCH!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3006/20/2013

R23 in my opinion Madonna has tons of talents, if you've seen her in concert you would be amazed at what she puts into every performance

Madonna herself has stated that she's not the best vocalist so it's not like she's going around saying she's an amazing singer, quite the contrary

As for Madonna's influences basically EVERY female music star has named her as an influence even artists outside of dance pop like Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift

Cher herself called Madonna the Queen of Pop on her Twitter last week

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3106/20/2013

R23 Madonna sings, dances, writes and produces most of her songs and plays instruments

Cher sings and writes and produces only a small amount of her songs

Madonna wins!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3206/20/2013

R27 but Madonna has had way more hits than Cher, hell she has more top 10 singles (38) than any artist in Billboard chart history

In facts if you take Cher, Tina Turner and Barbra Streisand and COMBINE all their top 10 hits, Madonna still has more hits than them!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3306/20/2013

"Madonna sings, dances, writes and produces most of her songs and plays instruments."

She sings, but not well.

She dances, but has no exceptional talent for it.

She "writes and produces" with the help of people who really know how to write and produce.

And what the hell instrument does she play?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3506/20/2013

That wig looks like somebody electrocuted her merkin.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3606/20/2013

R23, I agree, and many others do, that Madonna's had a bad influence on pop music. But the examples you cite aren't that great. Milli Vanilli were hardly the first anonymous studio group fronted by lipsynching models. It had long been a common practice with dance music acts. That wasn't Madonna's bad influence, paving the way for thin-voiced marginal talents was her crime. Janet, Paula, Kylie, Britney all minimally talented and far more successful than the deserved to be. Madonna lowered the bar so far, with a little luck, practically anyone can surmount it. That's what Joni Mitchell said about her, she took talent out of the equation, it's no longer a prerequisite for fame.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3706/20/2013

Wow! Very good post, R38! I completely agree.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3806/20/2013

Motherfuckin' Cher is Queen of the Universe.

Madonna is fine and had her time in the spotlight, but she doesn't come close to the great and powerful Cher.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 3906/21/2013

How do all of these type of threads turn into a topic a about Madonna?

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4006/21/2013

Hard work r34? Madonna sucked and fucked her way up the ladder. She sucked and fucked for tracks. She sucked and fucked to get writing credit. . . I guess you could call that "hard" work.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4106/21/2013

Because some asshole who loves Madonna always has to interject her into every conversation when another female in music is being discussed.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4206/21/2013

I'm sorry, is there still some idiot left who believes that they are going to hear a nuanced vocal performance from one Ms. Cher? Unless you're galactically stupid, you know what you came to see with Cher, and it's NOT fucking amazing singing. It's a spectacle, and she rarely fails to deliver. If madam wishes to staple wigs to her head, then madam is god damn going to do it - and you are god damn going to pay to see it.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4306/21/2013

R41, so you're mad at her for getting a career, while you got nothing for doing the same thing.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4406/21/2013

Troll-dar r31. It's amazing how much time madbots have on their hands.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4506/21/2013

r44 will gladly take a bullet for his queen.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4606/21/2013

[quote]Madonna sings, dances, writes and produces most of her songs and plays instruments.

You are on some serious crack.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4706/21/2013

Right r44, r41 isn't a famous cocksucker like Madonna, but he's far preferable because at least he doesn't pollute the pop culture landscape with his crap music like she does.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4806/21/2013

R48 I hope you stretched before making that lame ass quip, because that was fucking god awful.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 4906/21/2013

Nothing's more lame than Madonna's crap voice, and no one is more pathetic than a Madbot like you who fights to the death for it.

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5006/21/2013

Shut the fuk up bout Vadge!

I love Cher 89 yo Stiff as a board Still rocking the road kill on her head!

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5106/21/2013

Not to start a flame war, so I won't mention the name. But people used to complain that _____ didn't dance, just stood there and sung, and I thought that was a stupid complaint. But then, she had a way better voice than Cher...

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5206/21/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5306/21/2013

What the fuck is up with Cher's pants?!? At first I thought she had some some of skirt on over them, but now I don't think so....

by Adam Levine's Crooked Cockreply 5406/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.