Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"The Perfect Host" starring David Hyde Pierce

A friend turned me on to this and I was riveted. It somehow slipped through my radar as I never heard of it before. Maybe straight-to-video? Has anyone else seen it? Bizarre. And pretty darn good!

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2014

Yes, it was strange and amazing; a good little movie.

by Anonymousreply 106/19/2013

yeah - I saw it on Neflix. Pretty good movie, pretty good acting from DHP. Strange ending.

As basically a two man show, it might have been better as a play, hard to say.

by Anonymousreply 206/19/2013

I stumbled upon it one morning and, like a traffic accident on the highway, couldn't look away. It's interesting more than it's good, and the stagey quality and the overblown writing often trumped what could have been a clever, more ambiguous story, but I was glad to have seen it.

by Anonymousreply 306/21/2013

I really enjoyed it, too - it certainly had its moments. Someone recommended it on here, and I've since passed on the recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 406/21/2013

I saw it on HDNET about a year ago. I was ultimately unsatisfied and forgot about it, but there are some good parts so I'd give it a mild recommendation. I probably won't ever see it again, but I didn't mind seeing it once.

by Anonymousreply 506/21/2013

Thanks SO much, you five, for posting and managing to say absolutely nothing about this film.

You all could be spies, you closed-mouth bitches.

by Anonymousreply 606/21/2013

Ha ha! Nobody wants to give the plot away R6. There are a lot of twists. A wounded semi-hot burglar commandeers David Hyde Pierce's apartment but DHP drugs him with wine and ties him up. Recommended.

by Anonymousreply 706/21/2013

PS - Helen Reddy (member her?) has a role as a nosy little-old-lady neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 806/21/2013

I was disappointed. Had the potential to be a great 'turn the tables' thriller, but lost interest along the way. DHP was very good, and the lead was very sexy. Worth a look , if there's nothing else on.

by Anonymousreply 906/21/2013

What a weird movie! I had this in my Netflix queue forever and finally checked it out last night. I would recommend it with the caveat that you have to just go with it and let it play out. It's certainly not for everyone, but it's a lot of fun if you let it work its magic for 90 minutes. No masterpiece, but a worthwhile experiment. I for one certainly did not see the big twist coming 4/5 through. I actually would have liked to have seen even more scenes with the "guests" as a matter of fact. The disco scene went a little too over the top, I thought, but I guess that was sort of the point. The ending seemed a bit pat to me, unfortunately, especially in regards to the found Polaroid and the make-up job (trying not to spoil it).

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2014

I just spotted this on Amazon Prime Video - thanks for the heads up. I love DHP.

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2014

Watching DHP trying to be a lumbering, macho, hetero was pretty too damn much for me.

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.