Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I forgot to put on deodorant this morning

And my armpits smell way better than they do when I wear deodorant, even at this hour. Should I just stop wearing deodorant all together? I heard its not good for your health anyway. I also shave my pits, so there is little odor anyway (yes, pit hair trolls, I commit the ultimate crime weekly because I don't have anyone in my life to fetishize my pit hair).

by Anonymousreply 6506/20/2013

I don't wear it regularly either, works out just fine

by Anonymousreply 106/18/2013

Me, neither.

Natural is fine if you bathe regularly.

by Anonymousreply 206/18/2013

This was a tv ad in the '70s.

by Anonymousreply 306/18/2013

It would probably be fine if you stay in a climate controlled environment constantly. But I've gone for a jog first thing in the AM before showering and the BO will knock you down after ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 406/18/2013

You all just 'think' it smells fine. It doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 506/18/2013

First of all, it's the aluminum in anti-antiperspirant that is considered to be potentially harmful, not deodorant which is a different product.

Secondly, just because you don't smell yourself doesn't mean others can't. We often smell and look a slightly different way than how others perceive.

If you really don't care to use deodorant then at least put a little baby powder under there. It's summer, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 606/18/2013

(After sirens sound)

by Anonymousreply 706/18/2013

Hairy pits make the smell 10k times more potent.

by Anonymousreply 806/18/2013

Dear God what a bunch of prissy Marys.

by Anonymousreply 906/18/2013

r9, I don't mind a little man musk but funk is bad.

by Anonymousreply 1006/18/2013

OP, I shave my armpits, too -- and if I don't wear anti-antiperspirant, my pits REEK.

But I guess you think you're the exception.

by Anonymousreply 1106/18/2013

Sorry -- that spell check out in an extra "anti."

by Anonymousreply 1206/18/2013

Lovely. Now start a thread about how you don't wash your ass.

by Anonymousreply 1306/18/2013

I've done that. I didn't even realize until I got to work and one of my co-workers made a face and asked asked "Did you forget something this morning?" I took a whiff and ran out to Walgreens and got one of those little travel deodorants, went in the men's room and smeared it on my funky pits.

And yes--I was HORRIFIED that I forgot!

by Anonymousreply 1406/18/2013

I just spent a week in a car with a big guy who never wears deodorant.

Fortunately it was a convertible.

by Anonymousreply 1506/18/2013

You think shaving your pits means your pits don't stink? Man, are you wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1606/18/2013

OP, if you're concerned then have a look online or go to a health food store and pick up something without aluminium in it.

Don't go without, especially not in warm weather. You think you don't stink but you do.

I know a couple of guys who use this one:

by Anonymousreply 1706/18/2013

[quote]I've done that. I didn't even realize until I got to work and one of my co-workers made a face and asked asked "Did you forget something this morning?"

Your pits were stinking in the early morning? Usually it takes a full day and a hot one at that for my pits to gather an odor.

by Anonymousreply 1806/18/2013

Hairy pits make the smell 10k times more potent.

AND HAWT!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1906/18/2013

I have had zero body odor for the last 25 years. I always had a problem with deodorants. I immediately sweat it into my clothes, it stains and stinks worse than BO. I use crystal deodorant.

While still wet from the shower use the bar under arms, crotch and feet. Over a period of a few days you keep the bacterial colonies from being on your skin. Use a few times a day when you start and then once daily. After a week or so, with continued use you will never stink again/

by Anonymousreply 2006/19/2013

[quote]I've done that. I didn't even realize until I got to work and one of my co-workers made a face and asked asked "Did you forget something this morning?"

Had you not showered?

Or maybe you also forgot to brush your teeth. I did that once: it was not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 2106/19/2013

This thread is what's wrong with this board

by Anonymousreply 2306/19/2013

I've got a (female) colleague who's staunchly set against antiperspirants and deodorants. She gets to work of a morning smelling freshly showered and soapy and shampoo-y. By mid afternoon, I can't stand to be near her - nor can anyone else. Any suggestions on how we can tactfully tell her her pits need a little help post-shower? She's all meek and retiring - I fear she'd be gutted if we just came out and told her she stinks.

by Anonymousreply 2406/19/2013

R24 you could send an anonymous note, or have a stick of deodorant mysteriously sitting on her desk when she comes back from lunch.

by Anonymousreply 2506/19/2013

I never wear deodorant but then again I'm Asian. They don't even sell deodorant in Asia.

by Anonymousreply 2606/19/2013

I work in a doctor's office and we have patients come in with all sorts of sensitivities. We can't wear anything with perfume in it, so no deodorant.

I just shower in the morning and I'm fine. If I'm going to go jogging or do strenuous activity, I know to shower before I go back out.

Cutting down on the pit hair helps tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 2706/19/2013

R27 they do make unscented deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 2806/19/2013

Im the same as r20. Been using the crystal since 1995 - works like a dream. You still sweat but you never smell. Believe me. I would know and people would tell me. (when I used to played football I would fucking stink sometimes).

by Anonymousreply 2906/19/2013

R28, I sit at a computer 10 hours a day. There's nothing to make me stink.

by Anonymousreply 3006/19/2013

I haven't worn any in years. From time to time, the subject comes up and people are always surprised when I tell them. They just say, "I never would have guessed." I do love the smell of a musky man but realize that other people may not share my little passion. Knowing that people can't detect my odor pleases me not course, when I go a couple of days without a shower, the funk kicks in. And that's a good thing...

by Anonymousreply 3106/19/2013

My partner forbids me to wear scent. He likes me ripe. He won't let me work either, which is convenient due to the odor.

by Anonymousreply 3206/19/2013

[quoteI never wear deodorant but then again I'm Asian. They don't even sell deodorant in Asia.

We know.

by Anonymousreply 3306/19/2013

Wearing antiperspirant on workdays is non-negotiable. I use unscented clinical-strength Mitchum. On weekends I use a "natural" deodorant to give my skin a break from the chemicals. It doesn't really work; by night I'm slightly smelly. I can't imagine going without deodorant altogether.

by Anonymousreply 3406/19/2013

There was a thread a few weeks back about how often people wash their jeans. I could swear the majority said once a week or less. Yet these people who think nothing of sitting in their own unwashed clothes freak out about sitting there without deodorant. (Notice that the majority of non-deodorant users say they SIT there, not work out).

by Anonymousreply 3506/19/2013

Use To's natural deodorant - no aluminum

by Anonymousreply 3606/19/2013

R36, that's the one I use on weekends. It works, but only a little.

by Anonymousreply 3706/19/2013

Three quarters baby powder one quarter baking soda. Put it in a shaker can, sprinkle on hands and dust pits. Used this for twenty five years, no odor ever, no shaving necessary. You might have to adjust ratio depending on skin sensitivity or odor strength.

by Anonymousreply 3806/19/2013

I knew a girl who didn't use deodorant, and she died.

by Anonymousreply 3906/20/2013

Why are Americans so obsessed with deodorant? Even the deodorants in Europe are imported from America and only the cool kids who want to keep up with the latest American trends buy them.

by Anonymousreply 4006/20/2013

"It's summer, for fuck's sake."

Only a New Yorker could say that pathetic statement with such genuine vehemence.

by Anonymousreply 4106/20/2013

OP, you might've grown accustomed to your own funk, but I can assure you you're co-workers haven't. I don't care what they're diet is, how much water they drink, or whether or not they bathe: people who don't wear deodorant ALWAYS stink.

by Anonymousreply 4206/20/2013

[quote]Why are Americans so obsessed with deodorant?

I'll tell you why: I was in Europe for the past 3 weeks and I wanted to gag upon entering subway trains, elevators, or small cafes. You CANNOT use the blanket statement "Nobody should wear deodorant" since not everyone is thin and fairly sedentary. Most people, especially in Europe, do a lot of walking/biking, so they sweat. Pit odor is completely natural; however, there are so many natural and unscented SAFE deodorants out there that anyone who doesn't use them is just plain fucking rude.

by Anonymousreply 4306/20/2013

SO true [R43]! Try riding the 4 line on the Paris metro and will never not wear deodorant again.

by Anonymousreply 4406/20/2013

No, deodorant is fine for your health. what's not good for your health is lack of exercise. I'm turning into a fat toad because of it.

by Anonymousreply 4506/20/2013

Like a little underarm odor will matter. I should be that fortunate.

by Anonymousreply 4606/20/2013

This is why I smoke a pipe. The tobacco works as a complete deodorizer. People ask me if I've been burning wood. It's so much nicer than being called 'dick breath'.

by Anonymousreply 4706/20/2013

Good satire, R47.

by Anonymousreply 4806/20/2013

2% of people of European descent entirely lack the smelly armpit gene, as it were, altogether...

by Anonymousreply 4906/20/2013

I was under the impression that its not your sweat that makes the smell, but bacteria which grows in that environment.

by Anonymousreply 5006/20/2013

You're correct, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5106/20/2013

What deodorants do you deodorant wearers use? I usually have to change brands every couple of years because its like my body becomes resistant. I would like to find a natural spray to use.

by Anonymousreply 5206/20/2013

Oh for fuck's sake. Don't use deodorant. But know that you do have an odor, in fact you stink.

I shared an office with a man who was all about the natural. He home schooled his kids, wouldn't wear leather, was vegan. He often treated me to long expositions about being gentle with the planet, not using chemical products. His pits stank like ripe onions, truly eye watering.

by Anonymousreply 5306/20/2013

I use Dry Idea unscented roll on. I shave my pits. Very effective.

by Anonymousreply 5406/20/2013

R43 I agree. Most people need deodorant. I think those that don't use it are just used to BO an don't know how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 5506/20/2013

To those that are wary of the chemicals(mostly the aluminum) of deodorants, you can buy natural deodorants. Or you can put baking soda under your armpits. There is no reason to go without something, unless you don't have the smell armpit gene- which is rare in non-east Asians. Most white, black, Arab, and south Asian people have he smelly armpit gland.

by Anonymousreply 5606/20/2013

[quote]To those that are wary of the chemicals(mostly the aluminum) of deodorants, you can buy natural deodorants.

Yes gurl, which is why Im asking for some product recommendations because I want to switch, but no one has suggested anything. My body chemistry is not working well with the aluminum. I smell WORSE when I use deodorants with aluminum.

And for all you bitches to so be crazy about musky cracks and armpits, you sure are up in arms about people that choose to forgo deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 5706/20/2013

[quote]Should I just stop wearing deodorant all together?

by Anonymousreply 5806/20/2013

Here's a link/list R57.

by Anonymousreply 5906/20/2013

thank-you r59 :)

by Anonymousreply 6006/20/2013

If you forget deodorant, hand sanitizer will do in a pinch.

It kills bacteria in some of the same ways deodorant does, and so minimizes odor.

A friend of mine who's a runner taught me that. Said it works like a charm.

by Anonymousreply 6106/20/2013

I wouldn't worry, Cheryl. You stinky pussy overwhelms your armpits.

by Anonymousreply 6206/20/2013

There are plenty of natural deodorants, but does anybody know of a good natural antiperspirant?

by Anonymousreply 6306/20/2013

Perhaps you smell better because a) going without for one day is not going to cause you to stink, and 2) the particular deodorant you use doesn't smell good on you.

Before giving up deodorant for good, why not try changing it.

by Anonymousreply 6406/20/2013

[quote] I've done that. I didn't even realize until I got to work and one of my co-workers made a face and asked asked "Did you forget something this morning?"

[quote] Your pits were stinking in the early morning? Usually it takes a full day and a hot one at that for my pits to gather an odor.

I work in a warehouse / loading dock. I do physical work and yes--I can get rather ripe early in the day.

by Anonymousreply 6506/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!