Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joss Whedon says there will be no Loki/Hiddleston in the ‘Avengers’ sequel

While it looks as though most of the major players from “The Avengers” won’t be going anywhere for the sequel, one character who’s definitely not returning is the bad guy, Loki.

Director Joss Whedon spilled the beans about the Norse god, played by Tom Hiddleston, during a recent appearance on the Empire Film Podcast. When asked about a speech Loki delivers to Black Widow that ends with the villain calling the Avenger a “mewling quim,” Whedon revealed there are no plans for a similar speech in “Avengers 2.”

“Imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well,” he explained. “Second of all, Loki is not there to say those terrible things.”

Loki’s absence from the sequel could mean that he meets his doom in the upcoming “Thor” follow-up, “The Dark World,” due out November 8. Screen Rant points out that Thor vows to kill his evil adopted brother in the “Dark World” trailer, so the theory isn’t too far off, especially since the movie is a purported redemption story for Loki — and those don’t often end well.

Whedon is introducing mutant twin siblings Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in “Avengers 2,” which could potentially set them up to become the villains, depending on which Marvel mythology he elects to follow. But whoever it is that’s antagonizing the Avengers, Whedon says he doesn’t take killing off characters lightly — “I don’t find people to be expendable,” he said — and there shouldn’t be too much concern for our heroes’ safety.

As for other information about the film, Whedon wouldn’t get into the specifics, although he did say there are still several details that need to be ironed out with the script.

“There’s some science in it, which means I have scenes where someone says, ‘Science the sciencey science!’ And then I’m like, ‘I’ll fix that later,’” Whedon said.

We vote for Robert Downey Jr. as most likely to deliver the line “sciencey science” with a straight face. We’ll see if that makes it into the “Avengers 2″ final cut, due out May 1, 2015.

[From Moviefone]

So, Joss is not planning on working with Tom Hiddleston again, is what I’m getting. And (spoiler) Loki might die in the Thor sequel? Damn. That’s pretty harsh for poor Tom Hiddleston and his emo Loki hair. Also, there are significant rumors that Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye won’t be returning (or that Renner will be replaced) too. So all we need now is confirmation that Robert Downey Jr. has really signed on and that he’s getting crazy money for it, and everything’s a go. Poor Loki.

by Anonymousreply 60108/07/2013

[quote]Loki’s absence from the sequel could mean that he meets his doom in the upcoming “Thor” follow-up, “The Dark World.”

Yes, of course. The pan-millennial myth of Loki as a god fated to be killed by Heimdallr is not sufficiently established so as to make one question killing the character off in a movie.

Not that the filmmakers are concerned with such things.

by Anonymousreply 106/18/2013

Comic book deaths are about as permanent as soap opera deaths, as illustrated by the return of Agent Coulson in the SHIELD television show. There's at least one other major resurrection in the upcoming batch of Marvel films, as well.

Your Tom won't be gone for long.

by Anonymousreply 206/18/2013

Sure, kill Tom and keep the useless midget because we all need a jazz-handed archer to save the universe.

by Anonymousreply 306/18/2013

r3 you need glasses

[quote]Also, there are significant rumors that Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye won’t be returning (or that Renner will be replaced) too.

by Anonymousreply 406/18/2013

Get me The Vision

by Anonymousreply 506/18/2013

He's not indispensable.

Sure, he was the best thing about that movie, but stealing a movie from Chris Hemsworth and a CGI Hulk is considerably easier than stealing pureed bananas from a baby.

by Anonymousreply 606/19/2013

What are they gonna do with Thor if Loki is not around. Hiddles was a great villain though, he gave an outstanding performance in that movie, but I guess they need to keep it fresh and introduce new characters.

by Anonymousreply 807/02/2013

Still holding out hope that he's at least bisexual, anon :(

by Anonymousreply 1107/08/2013

She's deleted her FB already. Oop.

Any more details on the situaton? Yeah I'm nosey.

by Anonymousreply 1207/08/2013

Any more gossip R10? Is it a serious relationship or are they just friends w/ benefits?

by Anonymousreply 1307/08/2013

My money's on FWB esp if he doesn't care she's talking about it "loads" and obvs not keeping it private. Then again, maybe he just likes knowing people are talking about him doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1407/08/2013

Was she not nice to begin with? I'm curious about what kind of person she is...y'think she's the time to just use Tom for his fame or does she seem genuinely interested in him and their relationship?

by Anonymousreply 1607/09/2013

He was with some other woman who was also older maybe. Damn, Tom.

by Anonymousreply 1707/09/2013

Except every detail you've posted R15 is easily found online on Jane's twitter or the Just Jared post clamiing they've been together since May. So I have to wonder if you really work for Jane and are willing to risk your job in the music industry by outing your boss in a popular public forum, or if you're one of the fangirls making up fictions about Jane bragging about her famous boyfriend in the bizarro jealousy train that has railed across the fandom in the past couple days. Especially given that her career involves working with people who are far more famous than Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 1807/09/2013

[R17] That's actually Lara Pulver (she plays Irene Adler in Sherlock), herself and Tom are actually fairly good friends, openly so (just go look at the Twitter pages...they've been friends for years) He's not shagging every woman he's spotted with. [R18] Exactly. She works with MUSE for Christ's sake, a while back she posted pictures on her Twitter with Matt Bellamy. That being said, having worked in music for years like she has it wouldn't be a huge deal, so going out with a good looking, nice and well known actor would be enough to make any woman brag. Still, this person is either just stirring shit or is just really bitter about the whole arrangement. I mean really, would she have to meet his publicist if they were just "shagging"?

by Anonymousreply 1907/09/2013

I wasn't sure if it was her because she was so tan. She's was on skins too too. I wasn't trying trying to infer they were shagging. I just said "Damn" because he's definitely hitting the fangirl jugular this week. What's even worse imo than the bitching is the "shipping. It's just creepy

by Anonymousreply 2007/09/2013

Sorry about the repeats. My tablet sucks.

by Anonymousreply 2107/09/2013

Gossip and details are welcome r10, but I have to say it's kind of an asshole move to post link to the gal's Facebook.

So I have to go with r18 - you are either a fangirl trolling and stirring up trouble for the poor woman. Or you are a vindictive, disgruntled employee.

Bitchy thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 2207/09/2013

R22 Something about it is fishy. I don't even see that kind of stuff on Reddit where stories about employers or stories from work are the norm. I would've believed it if they left the facebook link out. Kinda suspicious...

by Anonymousreply 2307/09/2013

the interesting question is why he didn't bring his (supposedly) new girlfriend to this exclusive party, if Wimbledon was the official outing, there was no point in hiding anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2407/09/2013

Jesus, R1--How about a spoiler alert?

by Anonymousreply 2507/09/2013

Maybe because Jane has a successful career of her own and was busy? Or had another personal commitment?

Maybe Tom didn't want to subject his new relationship to the press? It's one thing to take your new girlfriend to Wimbledon where you might be spotted in a sea of people and quite another to take her to a party where you know the press will be waiting for you, taking pictures, asking questions, etc. Maybe he wants to keep his private life private as much as possible. Given the crazy fandom reaction to this, I don't blame him for wanting to keep this away from prying eyes as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 2607/09/2013

R24 There were two pictures of him at that party; that's nothing to go by. You can barely see the top of her head in the photo of Tom and Matthew Goode. In between them I mean.

by Anonymousreply 2707/09/2013

We need a new Hiddleston thread since the old one maxed out. Someone start one pleeeeeeease...

by Anonymousreply 2807/09/2013

Dear r10 r15

Stop speaking out of your ass. First of all, if you are going to post her facebook page, post a link that works. That link didn't work the second you posted here.[bold] Yes, I checked. [/bold] Next time get another link that is at least private. Maybe that'll make it a little more believable. You don't work for that woman (you never did). Stop asking for attention online. You attention seeking whore.

[quote]I'm just bothered by how much she brings up her famous boyfriend. I pretended not to know who he was just to seem less impressed when she was talking about having to meet his publicist.

Oh fuking please!

by Anonymousreply 2907/09/2013

r15 You are so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 3007/09/2013

r28 [quote]We need a new Hiddleston thread since the old one maxed out. Someone start one pleeeeeeease...

Bump one. There's probably one on the topic you want to discuss already.

by Anonymousreply 3107/09/2013

R29 Before I start, let me clarify that I am NOT R15 R10 nor do I know Jane Arthy personally. Jane actually deleted her facebook page (or made it completely inaccessible to people she doesn't know) yesterday after some crazy fans found it, so that link was real until she purged it. That supports your case in that this person posted that link yesterday AFTER it was made public (to Tumblr at least) that she has a facebook page and what the link was, but before Jane deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 3207/09/2013

Why did she have to meet his publicist? To discuss protecting his unicorn-man image? God, I can't.

She sounds a bit hmmm.. starstruck about dating someone ~famous~ or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 3307/09/2013

r32 Alright. The gossip is online and r10 and r15 probably got it from there. The link he/she posted was already dead. S/he didn't had to post it. And I don't believe for 1 second r15 works for the woman.

r10 talking about working for her and 'it's time to share this news'. Sounds complete shit for me.

by Anonymousreply 3407/09/2013

Calm down, it was just a bit of chitter chatter gossipy fun. Seems fairly legit to me, for what it's worth.

They posted about it before it was barely even online anywhere. Of course it's everywhere now but not when it was posted on here. (And meeting his publicist before his parents is SUCH a thing he would do lol)

by Anonymousreply 3507/09/2013

R35 It was actually posted around the same time her facebook photos were doing the rounds on Tumblr so yeah...no. Still doesn't excuse the shitty move on R10 's part if she DOES work for Jane.

by Anonymousreply 3607/09/2013

Posting the FB link was inappropriate but it's not likely she'd see what's been written here. Unless she browses gay gossip forums in her spare time which is unlikely. Anyway she doesn't seem shy about hooting about her famous actor bf around people so who cares.

by Anonymousreply 3707/09/2013

Meeting his publicist is not such a big deal, is it? His publicist follows him everywhere, it's hard to not meet him. On the other hand, meeting the parents is big deal. You don't bring your girl to meet the parents until you are sure that's the girl you want to meet your parents. Given that they dated like what, 2 months. It's a bit early. Do you bring your new gf/bf to meet your parents after 2 months of dating?

For the "mystery woman" who turns out to be an old friend, the party they went was Andy Murray's party, with photographers lining at the door to take pics of people who show up. If Tom had shown up with Jane, I bet everyone will be saying how hard they try to show off their new relationship blah blah. He can't win.

by Anonymousreply 3807/09/2013

If she is DGAF type, why she's cancelled her Facebook account?

by Anonymousreply 3907/09/2013

Wasn't Tom spotted at a Muse show a while back? His new gf works for the band.

by Anonymousreply 4007/09/2013

She works for Warner Bros radio, not for muse. By the way she seems older than him to me

by Anonymousreply 4107/10/2013

She's 34. She is older than him.

by Anonymousreply 4207/10/2013

He isn't the leading type material. The only was he'll get a lead male role is if the female lead is stronger and more charming.

by Anonymousreply 4307/10/2013

Wasn't he in NY recently? I wonder if he went with her.

by Anonymousreply 4407/10/2013

Tom's new gf sounds thirsty.

Sounds like he's not giving her enough dick to not to talk about him giving her dick.

by Anonymousreply 4507/10/2013

r42,

I googled her name, found a small pic of her from when she was promoted in her job in 2010, she looks to be in her mid 30's or so.

by Anonymousreply 4607/10/2013

So does she always talk about the fact that he's a rich famous celebrity actor or just that he's a good bf? And she's always blabbing about their sex life with her colleagues? wtf.

And why did she 'have' to meet his publicist? Genuinely interested in his weird relationship with Luke Windsor, I didn't realise he meddled so much so early on in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 4707/10/2013

Can't believe she talks about banging him to her co-workers/underlings, they must have a lot of fun talking about how desperate she is for attention behind her back. He is what, a C or D lister?

by Anonymousreply 4807/10/2013

If any of you believe this "girlfriend" fan fiction, I have some swampland to sell to you.

by Anonymousreply 4907/10/2013

The bad guy in Avengers 2 will be Ultron. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 5007/10/2013

I feel sorry for this girl already. The obsessed fangirls are going to make her life a living hell. As for Hiddleston, he said in an interview awhile back that his deal with Marvel calls for an option for him to appear in five pictures. So three out of five ain't bad if Loki does get killed off in Thor 2. As someone else said upthread -- comic book and soap opera characters rarely stay dead. So who knows, he could end up in future installments of The Avengers or Thor franchises. Meanwhile, he's got the Capa movie and Coriolanus lined up. He'd better hope the frenzied fans at the Donmar don't do to him what the Romans did to Corilanus!

by Anonymousreply 5107/10/2013

So there was this gem when the fangirls found out. The bold part is another person's comments. I can't believe the fangirls thought he was going to show up at The World's End premiere after everything on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 5207/10/2013

They just wanted him to show up with new gf just so they could dribble over babies she might one day give him or to slut slam her. I didn't think he'd show up to that premiere, but I was looking forward to the wankery if he had.

by Anonymousreply 5307/10/2013

I love the number of fangirls buying the claim from R10 that he/she works for the new girlfriend. No insider details at all, just an anon claim that could have been made up by anyone with an internet connection. No wonder Hiddleston's fandom is so loopy. They believe whatever fits their fancy. Jealously is a normal reaction, but you show your bitter hand when you don't even bother to question this.

Good on the few of you who actually have critical thinking skills and questioned this claim. I fear you are likely in the minority among his fans, though.

by Anonymousreply 5407/10/2013

r54: This is a gossip blog you moron, your whiny reaction to disprove a rumor all the way through this thread proves that you are no different than those crazies on tumnblr. Who cares if the gf talks about his bedroom habits or not, it's just GOSSIP, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 5507/10/2013

Still curious as to why Tom's new girlfriend HAD to meet his publicist.

Beard!

by Anonymousreply 5607/11/2013

She seems a very posh girl

by Anonymousreply 5707/11/2013

Natalie Portman's son kind of reminds me of this actor looks wise but anyway he looks better with his natural hair color

by Anonymousreply 5807/11/2013

Yeah I just saw gf's been following him on twitter for a long time (since last summer). girl probably had her eye on him for a while and thinks she's struck gold.

by Anonymousreply 5907/11/2013

Maybe they'll show up next week at The Wolverine première in London, with a live streaming of the red carpet, there'll be plenty of exposure for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 6007/11/2013

Well he was supposed to be at the premier of the new Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movie, the World's End but didn't show up. I'm assuming it was due to the Arthy/Lara Pulver fangirl drama. Or maybe he was just busy banging the new girl in front of her workmates.

by Anonymousreply 6107/11/2013

Excellent point r56!

R59, how the hell does someone "just see" how long someone has been following someone else?

No one on this thread works for her. It's just the ramblings of another jealous fangirl.

So many people yearning to believe this gal is a famewhore bitch. It's a stretch. Take freaking breath, why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 6207/11/2013

It's not hard to figure out... they are added to the list in order. She added a bunch of athletes during the olympics which was in August and Hiddleston was on her list before that. So last summer, probably when the Avengers first came out. She also added his publicist's company recently, it's near the top of her list.

I just think it's funny, really.

by Anonymousreply 6307/11/2013

She follow even the director of his last film. Poor woman already so desperate

by Anonymousreply 6407/11/2013

Again, my guess is that the person said they "work" for Jane is full of shit. Yes, she follows PublicEye, she probably had to meet his publicist to give her a heads up for when the relationship went public. Makes sense. This person posted this gossip about her not long after her facebook and twitter got around so she obviously had a good look beforehand. Yes, she started following him around the time The Avengers came out, A LOT of people did. Are you guys really that naiive to think that she's a famewhore just because she knew who he was if Tom wanted to go out with some big named actress he would've done so by now, but he didn't. Susannah was an actress, yes, but NO ONE knew who she was and I can assure you know one still knows. You people PRESUME Jane is just using him for fame because what, she knew who he was before they met? That she's not in the public eye in spite of her career? And following the director of his new movie, again, he's probably talked about it with her and being supportive and interested, she followed Paul Andrews. I'm sorry but this gossip seems a bit too petty and bitter for me to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 6507/11/2013

Not necessarily a famewhore, but do I think she likes having a rich actor boyfriend to brag about (not to the whole world/internet but to her peers and acquaintances) and take her places? I think she probably enjoys dating someone with a bit of money and fame to make her feel special/get attention, yes.

by Anonymousreply 6607/11/2013

Somenthing doesn't persuade me in their only picture together. "He's so relax an happy" definitely not true "they're holding hands" again not true. He seems so distracted

by Anonymousreply 6707/11/2013

R67 He watching tennis? And one photo doesn't define the entire moment.

by Anonymousreply 6807/11/2013

They are at the very beginning of they story, time will tell, but I don't see a future (my opinion)

by Anonymousreply 6907/11/2013

Oh you lot drive me nuts! Since when did the fangirls invade DL?! Famewhore? Why? Because she's going out with Tom? Listen, the woman has a shit hot job in the music industry, travelling the world. If she really was a famewhore, don't you think she'd have bagged herself one of the musicians she obviously knows so well?

God, why is everything such a big conspiracy with you lot? They met (probably in NY - someone on another thread said he saw Tom leaving a party with a girl in NY a while ago, maybe that was then they met?) and they liked each other so they started dating.

She seems kind of cool - great job, independent woman etc.

I'd imagine if she did meet his publicist it was to get some advice on handling the attention she'd get. That's all folks. Just two people knocking boots.

Sheesh!

Oh, and Tumblr is onto the fact that Tom seems to have a nose around there every once in a while. That place gives me the creeps...

by Anonymousreply 7007/11/2013

Wouldn't be surprised if he and Luke browse Tumblr together and check out what people are saying

by Anonymousreply 7107/12/2013

Ahahah what a good picture

by Anonymousreply 7207/12/2013

As much as I adore Tom, I have to wonder about his interactions with fans and the way he just eats up the general hysteria. He seems like such a nice guy but I wonder if he doesn't have a massive ego lurking under those polished public school manners.

by Anonymousreply 7307/12/2013

Oh he def does. He loves the attention.

by Anonymousreply 7407/12/2013

I do feel *a bit* sorry for the boy though.. *prepares self for flaming*...

I mean you give the fans too much and they start feeling a bit entitled and clingy. Give them too little and they get a bit psycho or nasty. Then you're worried about meeting someone because you know you're opening them up to a barrage of hate and - quite frankly - stalkerish behaviour.

If I had been in the position of people stealing my FB pics and plastering them all over Tumblr, I'd have gone absolutely batshit. She's done well to not say anything IMHO...

His is not a position I'd like to be in.... not for all the tea in China. He must feel like he can't do right for doing wrong...

by Anonymousreply 7507/12/2013

This insanity is a classic example of "be careful of what you ask for little boy, because you may get it." It has nothing to do with any girlfriend (or boyfriend) he may have. They'd all get the same treatment from rabid fans. Hiddleston is a talented actor that most people never heard of prior to Thor, The Avengers and War Horse. Seems like a nice guy, who sought to raise his visibility and profile by at first being nice to fans -- and then gobbling up the attention and leading them on. And, he's been at every industry event, probably hoping to snag the lead in a big film outside of the Marvel franchise. Nothing wrong with being ambitious -- he just went w-a-y overboard in playing the game.The picture of him at Wimbledon in a three-piece designer suit wearing sunglasses screams: "Look at me, I'm a star!" And Luke, the creepy PR guy is doing him no favors, either. Now, I suspect Hiddleston would like to dial it back and fly under the radar a bit. It's too late to call the fangirls off, and put Pandora back in the box.Whoever he dates can kiss their privacy goodbye, especially if Hiddleston lands a big part and becomes an A-lister. If he doesn't as someone said upthread, the craziness will die down when the fans latch onto someone else. The amount of attention he's getting is out of proportion to his industry stature. Meanwhile, I bet he's ready to kill the journalist from Elle who Tweeted about his "girfriend Jane," LOL! And no one is buying Lara Pulver as a "mystery woman" other GF since she has a steady guy.

by Anonymousreply 7607/12/2013

Agree with most of that. ^ I don't think pandering to the fans is helping him get roles he wants so he's trying to pull right back and stay away from twitter. His star is sinking in terms of serious acting credibility but the rabid fangirls are still clinging on.

And I'm assuming he introduced her as 'this is my girlfriend Jane' so he can't really be upset about that. He shouldn't have followed her on twitter in the first place if he desperately wanted to protect her privacy at all costs. Or take her somewhere so public as the Wimbledon final. He had to know there would be photographers there.

by Anonymousreply 7707/12/2013

Hiddleston has created a monster and this could backfire big time! Assuming they are still an item when he does Coriolanus -- can you imagine the firestorm if she's in the audience? Or even if she's not, what happens when he does the barechested scene? Fangirls won't leave a scrap on his bones. This won't endear him to his fellow actors. I saw an interview with Rachel Weisz where she was talking about how she was ignored on the red carpet for the Deep Blue Sea premier while all the fangirls squeed for Tom. Weisz wasn't upset - more amused and matter-of-fact. But it could get out of hand at the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 7807/12/2013

I agree with everything said in the last 3 posts except for; 1)The part about him dressing in a 3-piece at the Wimbledon finale to draw attention to himself. A LOT of guys there were wearing suits. For example, Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler off the top of my head. 2)How do the rabid fangirls hurt his "serious acting credibility" exactly ? Besides Marvel movies,he hasn't really done much. The hollow crown, the deep blue sea and OLLA which hasn't been officially released yet. He may have to make a few shitty choices before losing credibility and I doubt important industry ppl know how to even find tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 7907/12/2013

I don't understand the whole boohoo they "stole" her facebook pictures plea.

You're dating a guy who constantly enables his bat shit crazy fans even though himself has been hacked several times.

You meet his PUBLICIST (hint: you're going to be in the PUBLIC eye), then you go to the final epic blowout of what happens to be a historical weekend with your fame whore boyfriend who goes to the opening of an envelope to get his picture taken (hint 2: they're going to photograph you).

You hold hands. You tell people you're dating. Which is all fine and sweet, you're a new couple, your hormones are through the roof.

But seriously, gurl, what did you expect? You should have closed that account the moment you said hello to his monster cock. That guy is cursed.

My theory is Luke didn't warn her about the crazy train coming her way and wants to push her under it because he wants Hiddles all to himself.

by Anonymousreply 8007/12/2013

I think his fanbase has actually cooled down in the last several months. It may pick back up when Thor 2 comes out. Didn't really seem to be as much as a freak out about this new woman as compared to the previous women he has been seen with in the past.

by Anonymousreply 8107/12/2013

I don't think new girl has suffered as much as his ex gf Susannah. They kissed in front of the cameras at some premier and she got a tidal wave of abuse and death threats and all sorts of shit. Jane's had a few people looking at her fb and a few tweets but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 8207/12/2013

Not understanding why it matters so much to the fangirls on here if his gf "is" or "isn't" a famewhore/stalker fan now sleeping with him/all around bitch. How does it effect your life anyway? He is still a gorgeous man, and absolutely nice.

BTW: she is not the same woman I saw him leave with at that party in NYC a few months ago. The woman I saw him with looked to be in her early 20's and had long curly brown hair. She was obviously a girl he picked up at the party, he didn't arrive with her, but he left with her and they were all over each other when they left.

by Anonymousreply 8307/12/2013

r: 83 Well call me jealous then.

I honestly wonder how long this will last.

by Anonymousreply 8407/13/2013

I saw the thing go down in real time concerning that Jane chick. I checked her twitter when she was outed by a tumblr stalker and because I happen to be nosy I checked her twitter. I noticed she followed a couple of Hiddleston fan twitters and I think she was a fan of his, not a crazy ass fan but a mature one and was just lucky enough to get his attention. You can't tell me he his not above screwing his fans. He is very attractive and charming so why the hell not.

by Anonymousreply 8507/13/2013

I think not only is he not above screwing his own fans, he does it as habit. Not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 8607/13/2013

lol I love how ppl are totally pulling stuff out of their asses now.

by Anonymousreply 8707/13/2013

And I love how fangirls are all over this thread getting their panties in a twist over rumors. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8807/13/2013

Well, if Joss Whedon is writing and directing it, there won't be a non-white woman over 100 pounds in it either.

by Anonymousreply 8907/13/2013

R87, you must be new to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 9007/13/2013

I don't even understand why Jane would be upset about her facebook. Once you date somebody famous, if you're really worry about your privacy just change the privacy setting on your fb page or photo section. Taking it down after seems stupid and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 9107/13/2013

THE AVENGERS sucked!

An absolutely boring waste of 2+ hours. And the 3D aspect? Just a bunch of overly-costumed superhero talking heads, saying the same things over & over.

Please, we deserve better than this glorified video game for our entertainment dollars & time!

by Anonymousreply 9207/13/2013

I pretty much agree with [R76] and [R77] - although I think the level to which he indulged the fans via Twitter to raise his profile was more cynical than eager. I've seen him tweet things direct to individual fans that made my skin crawl ("stop it, you'll make me cry", "thank you for your letter, what you wrote was so generous", photos of fan-sent birthday presents complete with signed tags).

He's a bright, educated, articulate guy. You can't tell me that he employed the type of language used by the fangirls rather than the type of language he would himself use, or that he was at all unaware he was encouraging and setting up competitiveness between unhinged and/or vulnerable girls.

Genuinely nice people don't do that.

But I agree he has since seen it's not done anything to raise his rising star. He wants to be a big-budget film leading man and an A lister and if this is going to happen for him, the window is closing - fast. His best opportunity for such roles was the year after Avengers and you'll note he kept his calendar pretty much open accordingly. Didn't happen. No Crow. Only a the tuppeny hapenny Capa thing. So now he's dialling back, hoping the short window after Thor 2 will do it for him.

by Anonymousreply 9307/13/2013

Blimey. Pardon me for the multitude of typos above.

by Anonymousreply 9407/13/2013

This thread is pretty insane.

r93, I think that's maybe a little bit too harsh. Not exactly defending him though, because some time ago I was reading up on him and thought the way he encouraged his fans was kind of iffy. Especially since the girls seemed kind of nuts to me. BUT I don't think he acted just out of self interest at that point. I think he was just genuinely excited to have fans and maybe got a bit too carried away himself. However, if he still does it... uh. Not good.

I'm sure he wants to be an A lister, but I'm not so sure about him wanting to be a blockbuster star. He has a movie coming out with Tilda Swinton, Only Lovers Left Alive which seems to be more of an indie movie.

by Anonymousreply 9507/13/2013

R95 newcomers only do indies to earn credit. He wanted Thor but it went to Hemsworth. He desperately wanted Crow, god knows who got that part. He can't just sit around and wait for the new blockbuster audition to come in.

by Anonymousreply 9607/13/2013

R83 Just exactly what "party" was it if it was an industry party. I mean most of the time there's always photographers snapping up pics of celebs at these parties, yet nothing about him being in New York or anything industry related in the last few months. Can you confirm exactly when/what it was for?

by Anonymousreply 9707/13/2013

Oh Christ, you lot. He'll be fine. Talented and pretty. I doubt he'll be in Eastenders by this time next year.

And the Wimbledon thing? Men's final? Murray playing? Absolutely it was a very deliberate debut of the gf, with a certainty of being photographed. He knew what he was doing....100% That's a solid relationship right there, he wouldn't have done it unless it was and good luck to them.

I think, in all honesty, the fangirls will calm down now and I think that will help his credibility. Not that he needs it, he's paid his dues, got some solid Shakespeare, some indies and a few blockbusters under his belt. He's doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 9807/13/2013

R95 - Only Lovers Left Alive was filmed forever ago. Before Thor 2. As R96 says, that was for credit. I think it's significant he kept his diary open AFTER that, tried for, but failed to get, The Crow and has eventually only managed to snag a very minor film. THAT says a lot about his ambitions and how far they are(n't) going. And no power on earth will convince me that an Eton and Cambridge alumnus would spend hours upon hours tracking his @ mentions on Twitter and using tacking birthday card language at his fans, often individually, because he was puppydog excited. That's just a ridiculous thought. Far more likely his entitled background makes him see the plebs as ripe for using.

R98 - agree Wimbledon looks like a deliberate debut. But getting papped with Lara Whatsit the very next day? Stinks of PR. What's he doing? Playing every conceivable angle? But I agree bagging a first Shakespeare stage lead is a good thing (even if the fangurls do mob and ruin it) - it's not West End, but at least the Donmar is cool.

by Anonymousreply 9907/13/2013

Ok R84, you're jealous and quite, pathetic. Tom is a movie star, you will never, never, ever, evah, have a chance with him.

by Anonymousreply 10007/13/2013

There was a post on Tumblr where his fangirls fake outed him as a gay man. Oh fuck. That's was so fucking unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 10107/13/2013

It only shows how bitter you are by saying stuff like that. Like "oh you will never have him" and other such nonsense. What happened? Did you try to get in his pants and he turned you down or something? Hah!

by Anonymousreply 10207/13/2013

R99 - Precisely! Bagging the lead in Coriolanus is a massive achievement - and I think it actually says more that he cares about honing his craft than chasing blockbusters. It's a hell of a confidence vote getting that role - they could have had a lot of people for that and it's a tough role. I think it says a lot about his standing that he got it personally. Just my opinion.

And maybe him being papped with Lara just says he's loosening up a bit on being so private, or he's trying to raise his profile. Who knows? Nobody goes to Nobu who doesn't want to be seen... Plus if he really didn't want to be seen, there's plenty of ways to leave that place without being seen. He looked like he was having fun, good for him. And she is awesome so good for her too! They've been friends for years and she has a bf.

by Anonymousreply 10307/13/2013

He didn't 'bag' Coriolanus, the whole production was basically built around him. He has only 5 theatre credits, 2 of them with Declan Donnellan/Barbican, 2 Michael Grandage/Donmar. The other one is basically a one man act. That doesn't mean he lacks talent but there are hundreds like him out there. Clearly he's a very VERY lucky man. He's been riding Kenneth Branagh's coattails from the beginning, I don't blame him it's a cutthroat industry but it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 10407/13/2013

So, bets on him still being around in any significant way a year after Thor 2's been and gone?

by Anonymousreply 10507/13/2013

r99, I have no doubt he was riding on his new found success to the best of his ability - he wanted to be liked and wanted to be known. I'm sure it was very exciting to suddenly have all these girls adoring him. And I'm sure he's very ambitious. I just don't think his behaviour was quite as maliciously deliberate as you seem to think.

by Anonymousreply 10607/13/2013

R105 too artsy to be the lead, to ambitious to be anything else. it's a no from me.

by Anonymousreply 10707/13/2013

r: 100

Well aren't you a treat. I'm also jealous that Brad and Angelina have a house in France. I meant how long this relationship will last if the fangirls keep doing what they were doing. Obviously they have chilled a little.

by Anonymousreply 10807/13/2013

r101, oh yeah we can't have anyone thinking or assuming he's a gay man can we? Fucking homophobe fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 10907/13/2013

He is filming that movie "Close Enough" with Hayley Attwell right now. And I do believe I read that he may be up for that movie "Judgement of Paris". I really think he is a very good actor but I kind of wish his niche of crazy fans would stop worshipping him ad some great deity. He is still just a human and I fear when he does make a mistake or something they are going to have a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 11007/13/2013

OK - 'bag' maybe too strong a word but they could have had anyone for that role - a lot of actors would give their left nut for it. But they chose him. That says something.

by Anonymousreply 11107/13/2013

I think he wants to be more famous and successful and liked, but he's an actor, that's what the lot of them are like.

My boyfriend's a producer, and I met Tom at an industry party in October near Westminster. He was perfectly lovely, but I guess I could have been someone influential so I don't know why he wouldn't be nice enough. Couldn't get a reading on his sexuality, but he didn't bring a date.

You're being a bit harsh, he seems pretty harmless.

I do wonder when the fuck they're actually filming Close Enough if Hayley Atwell is in rehearsals for a West End show now.

by Anonymousreply 11207/13/2013

If he unfollowed her on Twitter and she cancelled her Facebook account for the fans they did wrong. Sorry but I think he gives too much credit and importance to what his crazy fans

by Anonymousreply 11307/13/2013

Exactly 112. So why he dyed his hair?

by Anonymousreply 11507/13/2013

His Coriolanus sold out in 20 minutes, I'm sure the Donmar aren't regretting it.

And he's a posh white boy, that's what RADA has always been about.

by Anonymousreply 11607/13/2013

I just hope Hayley Atwell wasn't dropped from Close Enough. Bitch is gorgeous. On my women I would sleep with if they put a gun to my head list.

by Anonymousreply 11707/13/2013

Maybe he unfollowed her cause sex night wasn't very good (I loooove gossip)

by Anonymousreply 11807/13/2013

Maybe it was possible that the woman mislabeled Jane as his "girlfriend" just like Susannah was mislabled as his "wife" back when he was dating her. Maybe Tom just freaked a bit over that since maybe it wasn't that serious and unfollowed her. Just because he is nice doesn't mean he may not be flaky in the relationship department. Plus not only is Jane's FB deleted so is her myspace account. Maybe she is feeling a bit humilated by getting the shaft. Only time will tell if he and her are a real item or not. If she does not show up with him at any more events to me that says that they are not a real couple. I love Tom but he is starting to smell like a real womanizer to me.

by Anonymousreply 11907/13/2013

[R99] OLLA was filmed during the summer of 2012. Thor 2 started filming end of September/early October 2012.

by Anonymousreply 12007/13/2013

When he was with Susannah it was clear that he was into her, very clear. Even at that US Open game.

If Jane was introduced as his gf, unfollowing her on twitter doesn't make sense, if he likes her that much he should impose his decision.

Unless Jane ran her mouth with that journalist and assumed too much out of a simple date. And that's why Tom unfollowed her. Maybe that's why he was alone at Nobu and let himself be papped with a friend.

Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 12107/13/2013

I agree

by Anonymousreply 12207/13/2013

But there WILL be Aaron Taylor-Johnson!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12307/13/2013

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is the hotness.

The wife is a beard, correct?

by Anonymousreply 12407/13/2013

[quote]The wife is a beard, correct?

I don't think so. They have kids and seem legit. But that whole pairing is all kinds of fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 12507/13/2013

Looks like he's back posting UNICEF stuff. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 12607/16/2013

his twitter has become so boring

by Anonymousreply 12707/16/2013

Still can't get over how bad he was in Deep Blue Sea.

by Anonymousreply 12807/16/2013

Ooh they have kids! Gay guys never have had kids!

by Anonymousreply 12907/16/2013

I couldn't say better myself

by Anonymousreply 13007/16/2013

sorry this is the right link

by Anonymousreply 13107/16/2013

Call me a cynic BUT I think Tom and Luke are trying to keep him in the public eye in between the release of his films. I have NO idea whether the Jane Arthy relationship is the real deal or a passing fancy. Anyone see a pattern here?

Tom has been working steadily in film, TV and he's got Coriolanus this winter. BUT, Thor, OLLA and the Capa film won't be out for months. Back in January, there was a rumor that he was seriously dating Jessica Chastain. That proved false but got everyone talking. A few weeks ago, the Daily Mail ran an article speculating that he and Hayley Atwell might fall in love for real during the shoot of the Capa film. Tom's modeling in a bunch of high fashion mags. Then he's seen with Jane at Wimbledon and the next night he's out with his good friend Lara Pulver.Again, I have no clue as to the status of his purported relationship with Arthy but Mr. Hiddleston is working overtime to keep his face in front of the public and everyone talking about him. Can't blame him for that. But the thing about PR is that it can turn into a runaway train that he can't control -- especially where fangirls are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 13207/16/2013

He's been doing that all year since he hasn't been working and has nothing new to promote - apart from himself - until November when Thor2/Only Lovers/Coriolanus all start. If he wants to keep his career going upwards he needs to film something this year, otherwise he won't have anything at all coming out next year. He hasn't done anything new since the hollow crown was released last June. It's probably not good for him to be seen at so many events for the sake of being seen but that seems to be luke's forte.

by Anonymousreply 13307/16/2013

First: I'm with you second: I like him but in this recent picture he looks like shit (A jumper? In the hot summer? Are you kidding me Hiddleston?)

by Anonymousreply 13407/16/2013

@R132 and R133

I agree that it does seem like a lot of the things that have been going on are just PR fodder to keep him in the media. The thing is though, does any of this actually help him to get more work?

I think he may stand a good chance of scoring more serious acting roles off the back of his upcoming stint in Coriolanus. Depending on how it is received of course. Whether that would be film or TV roles however, or just more theatre work is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 13507/16/2013

R134 : Oh the poor thing looks sweltering in that jumper...

by Anonymousreply 13607/16/2013

R133 - as I said before, I think he deliberately kept his schedule open (sure I recall an interview where he actually said so) in the hopes the Avengers/Thor success would get him a Hollywood lead role. And it didn't happen. Filmwise, nothing at all happened, so he's ended up taking on a very, very small film with the Capa role. So I agree we're looking at a lot of PR roundabout now. It's Plan B. And it involves distance from Loki (and the associated fandom). And it's in a bloody great hurry.

by Anonymousreply 13707/16/2013

A Hollywood deal may happen but probably not soon. His publicity team isn't doing him any favors either.

by Anonymousreply 13807/16/2013

[quote]Ooh they have kids! Gay guys never have had kids!

True, but they seem like a legit couple and family. And what reason is there to suspect Aaron of being gay, other than wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 13907/16/2013

I'm wondering why he's never gone on Letterman or Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross like Cumberbatch (they're both film main villan) what kind of game his PR agency is playing? Or what they're afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 14007/17/2013

Luke just sucks, r140. The time for Letterman or Jimmy Fallon would have been during the Avengers tour, no?

And why not Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross during Avengers and/or the Hollow Crown?

He hasn't had anything worth promoting since either of those, has he? And there is not much in the pipeline but Thor 2. And he's not the main villain there.

I'd say he's screwed.

by Anonymousreply 14107/17/2013

Maybe, MAYBE he can get something like Charlie Rose when the Hollow Crown comes to the US this fall?

That's about the best I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 14207/17/2013

As much as he might want to distance himself from Loki, he's still going to have to promote Thor 2. It will be interesting to see if he shows up at Comic Con in San Diego this weekend and appear on the Marvel panel on Saturday evening along with Chris Helmsworth, Joss Whedon & Co. Meanwhile,Benedict Cumberbatch is outdistancing Hiddles in terms of snagging the lead roles in big budget A list films. Dreamworks just released the trailer for "Fifth Estate" the movie about Julian Assange & Wikileaks and Cumberbatch looks like he owns this role! Hope Hiddles can keep up.

by Anonymousreply 14307/17/2013

He'll be knee deep in his Shakespeare run at the Donmar then, r143.

How is he going to fly to the US for the premiere or promote it when he has that sold out show to do?

Like I said, screwed.

by Anonymousreply 14407/17/2013

[R144]:Coriolanus opens on December 6th -- Thor debuts in the UK in late October and in the US on November 8. I expect he'll at least be walking the Red carpet in London with Luke making sure that everyone will be taking pictures and writing about his lady friend(s) of the hour! But yeah, compared to Cumberbatch he's screwed unless OLLA or the Capa film turn out to be monster hits. Not holding my breath. Hiddles ultimately should do OK. He's a talented actor, he won't end up on the dole, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 14507/17/2013

Donmar's The Weir just transferred to West End, if his team manages to keep Coriolanus a serious play with an (at least seemingly) adult audience it might be his chance to get rid of Loki just in time. Thor 2 will be long forgotten by the time the plays Donmar run ends which is neatly followed by Olivier Awards. If he manages to win, he might transfer to West End but I doubt he would want that because it would block his entire year and I wouldn't count on that Olivier win because McAvoy lost out to a newcomer this year, unlike the Oscars hype doesn't get you anywhere in Oliviers.

by Anonymousreply 14607/17/2013

The Assange film looks excellent, r143.

Cumberbatch has five years on him, he wasn't doing roles like that at 32 either.

But he paid his dues, and has a respectable CV to show for it - and a reputation for outstanding work.

Hiddleston needs to do the same, and the success will follow. Stop obsessing about being a celebrity, and just do good work.

by Anonymousreply 14707/17/2013

He definitely needs a new PR team. With the amount of "leaks" and crap coming out of his camp, he needs someone who not only doesn't run PR like a sixth-form smear campaign but can get some positive PR going, get his name out there and linked to some projects other than that Crow crap. I highly suspect this Jane Arthy relationship is FWB/more casual than not (no scoop, just my gut feeling) and maybe a hint of PR--"look, he's dating a stably employed woman who isn't hard on the eyes! Quick, pap pics!"

by Anonymousreply 14807/17/2013

r140,

"-Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross like Cumberbatch (they're both film main villan) what kind of game his PR agency is playing?"

Luke would never let Tom do that because he knows that Graham and Jonathan would call him out on his canned answers. Oh yeah and also Luke couldn't have his straight client being fussed over by two high ranking tv queens, that would mind fuck him into next year. No, Luke has to keep Tom's image intact as single and totally, utterly straight or the fangirls will revolt.

by Anonymousreply 14907/17/2013

"Luke couldn't have his straight client being fussed over by two high ranking tv queens, that would mind fuck him into next year. No, Luke has to keep Tom's image intact as single and totally, utterly straight or the fangirls will revolt."

Don't understand this r149.

Is Cumberbatch's image somehow in question for having appeared on either show?

by Anonymousreply 15007/17/2013

Jonathan Ross is gay?

by Anonymousreply 15107/17/2013

R151 He is married to a woman. I don't think he's gay.

R150 Cumberbatch is very comfortable talking about himself whether it be his weird face, tongue twister name or sexuality in fan fictions. Hiddleston always gets very VERY uncomfortable and tries to find the right answer to every question.

Cumberbatch needed to be on those shows because his image was "posh arrogant bugger" and he was admired but not liked even though he is a very likeable perfectly normal guy. Their strategy worked because he has a proper PR team unlike Hiddleston who is liked but not admired.

by Anonymousreply 15207/17/2013

Spot on, R152. Benedict's publicist is a master. Unlike Luke Windsor, she does what publicists are supposed to do - stays behind the scenes to generate the image that makes people want to hire her client and align that with the public's desire to see him. Ben's recent talk show appearances have been a stroke of genius. It may seem like a no-brainer to go on talk shows when a film is out, but loads of actors fuck it right up.

I'm flummoxed at the PR bungling with Hiddleston. He and Hemsworth were equally unknown when Thor came out, and Hemsworth has spun gold from that. Granted, Hemsworth is more traditionally good looking, but when Joss Whedon comes along and hands you the lead villain role in Avengers, how do you not capitalize on that? Look at Alan Rickman. He's not the traditionally handsome Hollywood type, but he took his early Hollywood villain roles and made a big career.

Luke also has Emma Watson for a client, and she's made all the right moves. It's impossibly difficult for a child star to transition to a grown-up career, and she's done that seamlessly. So how is her PR machine so tight when she has the same publicist? Is that simply because Emma is much savvier than Tom and drives the direction with Luke around help, while Tom lets Luke be the expert? Does she just have a better team advising her, and Luke is just around to help?

I almost feel like Tom spends so much time trying to get people to like him that he's doesn't really know what he wants. One day he wants to be in big films and adored, the next he doesn't like all the attention and wants to be a working actor in the theatre. But this fame business isn't like a faucet.

by Anonymousreply 15307/17/2013

It's for the best.

by Anonymousreply 15407/18/2013

I agree with R148 - I too have a gut feeling that there is nothing more to this 'relationship' other than FWB. Unfollowing Jane on Twitter, allowing himself to be photographed the next day with Lara Pulver with Jane nowhere to be seen and being spotted over the weekend at the MIF (again with Jane nowhere in sight as far as anyone knows) seems to be an indirectly direct way of distancing himself from this supposed gf while telling everyone he's still single. I just don't buy the whole 'serious couple' thing at all.

by Anonymousreply 15507/18/2013

The only person Tom is serious about, is Tom. All of these women, mere FWB buddies, and he goes through them and discards them like tissue paper. Jane honey, his dalliance with you will be over soon, if it hasn't ended already.

As for Luke, he's an idiot. Where did he get his PR training anyway? A circus?

by Anonymousreply 15607/18/2013

Sounds to me like she may have already been given the flick for prob assuming way too much out of a simple date and blabbing to the first media related person available. Where else could that editor have got that 'information' about a 'relationship' from if not from Jane herself? Tom? Highly unlikely...he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants to be in a serious relationship anytime soon. He's 110% career focused at the moment and I don't think that's a mindset that is likely to change anytime soon either.

by Anonymousreply 15707/18/2013

R153 Emma Watson's career is still moving forward because a dozen Harry Potter films gave her a much bigger momentum than 2 Marvel movies + by the time she got off the HP train her transition from a child star to young adult was almost complete. She didn't do anything radically different from Hermione yet. Including The Bling Ring. Which is alright because actors have a type and only very few established actors get to play characters outside that nook.

Hiddleston's career is stalling because Hollywood machine runs on hype and his team failed to create any which is really surprising because he came to the scene as "Kenneth Branagh's Protege". Henry V was no accident, they wanted to work that angle. I doubt Branagh would mind the occasional namedropping, clearly they are still close why else would he go to Manchester if not to see Branagh, so it only leads to one conclusion: incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 15807/18/2013

He needed to be seen working. Not waiting. Presumably the part in Thor 2 is pretty small, too.

by Anonymousreply 15907/18/2013

Exactly 141, I was talking about Avengers tour

by Anonymousreply 16007/18/2013

I saw that Assange trailer with Cumberbatch and immediately thought that Tom should be taking on roles like this. He has the acting chops. People like him, especially women. Any movie he is in now is guaranteed to make money because of his fangirl base. Again, look at Cumberbatch who has his share of fangirls.

I don't understand how Tom cannot get these meaty roles. Stop hiring people like Channing Tatum and hire Tom.

by Anonymousreply 16107/18/2013

R145 - "he's screwed unless OLLA or the Capa film turn out to be monster hits".

I doubt either of these will even get significant theatre release/coverage.

by Anonymousreply 16207/18/2013

By all accounts Hiddleston's part in Thor 2 is significant although he doesn't appear until nearly halfway through the movie.

He IS working just not in big budget films. It depends on what he really wants to do with his career: be a serious actor and spend a good amount of time in the theatre -- which is very doable. OR, be an A list film star/international celebrity which is far more difficult and elusive. Hiddles is riding the horns of a dilemma: he created this monster fangirl base which on the one hand he needs, but there's no way to control it. There's no way of knowing what's up with Jane Arthy -- his unfollowing her on Twitter and not appearing publicly with her after Wimbledon may be a ploy to convince people he's single. JFK, Jr. let it leak that he and Carolyn Bessette were kaput and a month later they married in a secret ceremony. Not saying that's the case with Hiddles -- we just don't know. ITA, he's VERY ambitious. He told one interviewer that he was supposed to be best man at his closest friend's wedding and he swore he'd show up "even if Spielberg called." Then Spielberg did call for War Horse and he missed the wedding! So if Jane stands in the way of his success, she's history. He should realize the same thing about his current PR team, cause Hiddles does have serious acting chops.

by Anonymousreply 16307/18/2013

In Flaunt magazine interview they ask him if he wants children, his answer "Very much. One day" like say "Forget it I settle down now"

by Anonymousreply 16407/18/2013

He's an Aquarius, those bitches only settle down when they've exhausted every other life option.

And I think his career will be fine. I don't think he'll be a superstar, but he'll continue to act in West End productions and well-made indies or dramas for some time. He can continue to pay the bills on his North London bachelor pad without problems.

by Anonymousreply 16507/18/2013

Everybody would probably love to see Hiddleston in either Ross' or Norton's shows. Both are hilarious and perceptive interviewers.

by Anonymousreply 16607/18/2013

In addition to Luke's obvious incompetence. Maybe this is a good time to bring up Tom's possible miscalculation in switching agencies?

I read somewhere (the large Tom thread, perhaps?) that he switched to CAA or something? Is that correct? Anyway, he made some kind of major move from a smaller group - where he was well represented - to an enormous one. One commenter stated it was an enormous miscalculation on his part: he would be treated like just another name on a list and would not be aggressively represented. Hence the roles would not come.

Clearly, that insightful person was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 16707/18/2013

I found it. He left ICM for WME in the US just after he finished the Avengers. ICM being the agency that brought in his massive five films in 2011.

This is the comment: "Such a shame, Tom was a huge priority for ICM and couldn’t have been better serviced as evident by his work with such filmmakers as Woody Allen and Steven Spielberg. He used Schachter leaving for UTA as an excuse to take meetings and they couldn’t even bring him in. I hope he is happy sitting at the bottom of the list over at WME."

The other comments are telling as well.

by Anonymousreply 16807/18/2013

I didn't think we WOULD see Loki in the next Avengers flick.

So many other great villains to choose from and Loki wasn't a regular Avenger villian.

I'd like to see Enchantress, Executioner, Melter, Black Knight, Wonder Man, Swordsman, Power Man...

by Anonymousreply 16907/18/2013

Whoever said this seems to have been right on the money:

'That won’t feel good in 6 months or so when he is sitting on his ass and auditioning for small supporting roles because WME pitched 45 other 30 something, bigger name males for the lead.'

He only got the Jarmusch film because Fassbender dropped out and Tom replaced him at the last minute. And the formerly-gay Luke Evans snitched the Crow from him too. I just don't think he is being offered the things he wants, and he's not interested in supporting parts anymore. He is going back to the theatre and do a meaty Coriolanus role and see if that can attract some better offers his way and establish him as leading man material.

by Anonymousreply 17007/18/2013

Exactly r170, right on the money.

He needs a new publicist and a new agent.

And to focus more on the work and less on the red carpet. He's been going to the opening of an envelope this last year. He looks desperate, and he needn't... he has talent and needs to showcase that.

by Anonymousreply 17107/18/2013

Wow. That's quite sad. Where is he getting this bad advice from.

In other words, I really hope he never reads this thread because *ouch*...

by Anonymousreply 17207/18/2013

Agree with everyone on here that he could do with better representation. (And I say that as someone who is a fan and thinks he's talented and charismatic.)

I can't blame him wanting to go to swanky industry events (or swanky events of any kind), but I'm at a loss to know why it all feels so *contrived*. In Britain, at any rate, I don't think he's that well known; he certainly *isn't* someone that would attract paparazzi or media attention to any great degree. Trying to make it seem as though he's someone who's "arrived" and is hot property is kind of lame I think. Far better to let his work do the talking.

by Anonymousreply 17307/18/2013

R172,

Well apparently he reads his tumblr tag to puff himself up and monitor what those haha are saying about him, now he needs to read DL because maybe it will knock him back down to reality.

He signed with the new agency and also aquired Luke after he finished the Avengers, big mistake on both counts Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 17407/18/2013

I meant "hags", the spell check changed it to "haha", don't understand why spell check does that sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 17507/18/2013

When did Luke come on the scene? I thought he worked with Luke before Avengers. Maybe after Thor.

by Anonymousreply 17607/18/2013

Yes before, Luke was the first person Tom followed on twitter

by Anonymousreply 17707/19/2013

wow, that is interesting, r177. I wonder if Luke has a crush on Tom. Can't really blame him.

by Anonymousreply 17807/19/2013

He reads tumblr? Oh man..Tom, why? Don't go there--people are nuts there. Okay, I am a fan and yes, I am on tumblr. Yes, I am crazy but good crazy, not scary, stalker crazy.

by Anonymousreply 17907/19/2013

I don't think he reads tumblr but I'm pretty sure that someone of his entourage does

by Anonymousreply 18007/19/2013

I read once that TH signed for 5 Marvel-movies. So to kill Loki is no good idea, I don't think so. I also read an interview with Whedon a time ago, he said he wants that the audience Focus on the Avengers, he was not pleased that the villain got so much Attention and was loved almost more than the "heroes! So it's clear that he doesn't gave Loki even a Little role in the new movie! Tom himself often said he does not believe that he will be in Avengers II and I guess he knows for what he has signed.

by Anonymousreply 18107/19/2013

Joss has said he won't be in Avengers 2. It wouldn't make sense for the storyline and continuity more than anything I think.

Agree that *someone* reads his Tumblr tag, and most likely here, Twitter and everywhere else he's mentioned. It is weird though, I am a fan (insert standard 'not batshit' disclaimer here) and its easy to forget that he doesn't have huge recognition outside those circles, which is a shame because he deserves it.

Look, he's only 32 and doing OK so I think over the next few years he'll develop well and continue to grow. He'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 18207/19/2013

As I see it, he got a big role in one of the highest grossing films of all time and has, workwise, failed to capitalise on it. I can't see his star rising any higher now.

by Anonymousreply 18307/19/2013

I don't understand why he's avoiding small roles in big films. Or anything else with an interesting character to keep his profile up and keep working. Apparently he would rather be unemployed for a year than do something on TV. Only Daniel Day Lewis can get away with that. He did War Horse and Midnight in Paris but seems to think he deserves to be mr main guy now and I don't think he's there yet.

I don't get it. Even if he had a small role he would get a high billing based on star power alone (see: Cumberbatch in Twelve Years a Slave)

by Anonymousreply 18407/19/2013

I would like to say that I think he could make me very happy, if given the chance. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 18507/19/2013

The Batch is in at least 3 Oscar contenders this year (one lead), they are not even in the same category.

by Anonymousreply 18607/19/2013

R181

[quote]he said he wants that the audience Focus on the Avengers, he was not pleased that the villain got so much Attention and was loved almost more than the "heroes!

In reality (outside the internet world), the audience DO focus on all the Avengers heroes. My brother & sister are hardcore Marvel and The Avengers fans, they know Evans, Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Johansson, and even a little about Renner and Cobie Smulder...they KNOW Loki BUT don't know & don't bother on who's playing him. Means, Hiddleston was fine as Loki, but his presence as an actor is nothing like what the fangirls' been picturing here.

by Anonymousreply 18707/19/2013

I have no respect for Marvel after what they've done to Mandarin in IronMan3. They can keep Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 18807/19/2013

if she is his girlfriend he can't hide her forever,do they think that next time she pops up it's gonna be better? He has to change the silly PR

by Anonymousreply 18907/20/2013

Most people don't really care. The whole gf thing blew over within a day. But yes, he does need better pr.

by Anonymousreply 19007/20/2013

He's at Comic Con right now, let's see how it goes....

by Anonymousreply 19107/20/2013

I have just been informed that he is in full Loki character right now..

by Anonymousreply 19207/20/2013

Yep..

by Anonymousreply 19307/20/2013

A drama queen show

by Anonymousreply 19407/20/2013

The poor guy has lost the plot. He believes his own hype, and he is beholden to the fangurls.

Second hand embarrassment anyone?

by Anonymousreply 19507/20/2013

It's funny thing to do it dress as your character, general. In his case I'm worry it's another way to feed his crazy rabid fans.

by Anonymousreply 19607/20/2013

R195, yes, second hand embarrassment. When I saw his 'God like' pose on stage at Comic Con, I knew someone would comment about it here.

No other actor has gone on stage in full costume. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 19707/20/2013

Perfect casting for Loki. Desperate, eager to please, over educated & under utilised, an opening act at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 19807/20/2013

Pretty sure Andrew Garfield did just that earlier at the Con, r197.

by Anonymousreply 19907/20/2013

[quote]No other actor has gone on stage in full costume. WTF?

1. Yes. Andrew Garfield did the whole panel in-character dressed as Spider-Man and 2. You act like this was something he did on his own.

by Anonymousreply 20007/20/2013

Well it can't hurt Hiddles standing with Marvel/Disney to be cooperative and promote Thor 2. Apparently he brought the house down and one reviewer commented there wasn't much said about Thor in the panel. I am surprised though that Hemsworth didn't come dressed in costume for the party. Loki is his mealticket between now and Coriolanus.

As for the GF stuff -- the only reason it's died down w/the fangirls is that no one has seen them together since Wimbledon. God help whatever woman walks down the red carpet with him at the UK Thor 2 premier, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 20107/20/2013

Here's the clip of Tom Hiddleston as Loki at Comic Con on Saturday evening. It's really pretty funny

by Anonymousreply 20207/21/2013

The real reason the 'girlfriend' stuff died down with the fangirls is because there never was a 'girlfriend' in the first place. It's pretty obvious that Jane Arthy is just a FWB, nothing more. It's a gut feeling/opinion that seems to be shared by the vast majority of the internet, hence the lack of freak-out.

by Anonymousreply 20307/21/2013

That was awesome--the Loki appearance he did at Comic Con. The audience loved and so did Tom most likely.

by Anonymousreply 20407/21/2013

You guys need a little chill pill. Comic Con is a place of hysteria for comic book fans and what better way to please them than to send out Loki? It also was not his idea to do it,and I find it an absolutely brilliant one to begin with. Not sure any other panel will be able to top what they did.

It's like it's a frustration fest in here ready to jump on whatever presents itself. Really, now we have an issue that he dressed up like his character at a convention where they go to see his character?

by Anonymousreply 20507/21/2013

I personally think it's fun that he didn't mind dressing up and performing live as Loki. Must have given the fans a big thrill I would imagine, as well as letting him feel the fan reaction/adulation first hand. And I'm sure Marvel are more than happy to generate some more mania for Loki in the run-up to Thor 2 :-)

But. On the other hand, this is clearly *feeding* the more OTT parts of his 'fandom' isn't it? Could be risky I think. Especially as things like this will only further cement the idea (for some people) that *he is* Loki.

by Anonymousreply 20607/21/2013

Ah I agree - it was hilarious!! He played up for SDCC - where else better to? He was charming, dramatic and funny. He was excellent - and the audience absolutely loved it. It was a big success.

Good on the lad.

by Anonymousreply 20707/21/2013

I think his appearance at comic con was a good choice in many ways, its the perfect setting for pleasing the fans of the comics and movies. Maybe it enables the crazies more but lets be honest he's never really done anything to stop it. I agree with another poster that he or someone on his team has read the negative comments on sites such as these about his image and this was a great way of drowning that noise out...for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 20807/21/2013

British stars like Hiddleston and Cumberbatch are a lot less dependent on market forces than American stars because of government subsidies for the performing arts. If they're not in a commercial film or TV series they can always do plays or TV or radio work for the BBC (and there would be no Cumberbatch without the BBC or National Theatre, which were responsible for his two breakout hits, "Sherlock" and "Frankenstein.") Also there is a substantial educated audience in the UK (or at least in London and Stratford) for serious high-quality theater, so actors have opportunities to get really, really good at what they do and stay in top form throughout their entire careers.

On the other hand, stars are as valuable in the UK as they are here and TV and movie stars sell stage shows on the West End just as they do on Broadway. The National Theatre Live program had a massive success with "Frankenstein" because of Benedict, and also did very well this year with "The Audience" because of Helen Mirren. I'm guessing they're putting Hiddleston in "Coriolanus" hoping for a similar effect. I'm planning to see it if they put it in a theater near me (the days when I was willing to drive 25 miles to see a moving image projected on a screen are long gone.)

by Anonymousreply 20907/21/2013

Tom did a great job at Comic Con. From the video and the reports online, the audience ate it up. He obvious likes performing live and is good at it. Comic Con is not meant to be serious although the 100,000 attendees take it v-e-r-y seriously. Tom played the audience perfectly. And it was a good move on his part, keeps him in the news and Kevin Feige has to be grateful. Apparently Chris Hemsworth was a no-show.

As for his theatre work -- he's following in the steps of all the great British stages actors who tackle, Henry V, Hamlet and Coriolanus. That's what Lord Olivier, Sir Ralph Richardson, Alec Guiness et al did. So good for him.

by Anonymousreply 21007/21/2013

I'm glad the tone here has turned more positive, it was getting a bit mean and I really don't think he deserves it. Now, how to lure him into my salacious clutches.... *ponders*

by Anonymousreply 21107/21/2013

It was funny really funny, but, I agree, he feeds his "army"

by Anonymousreply 21207/21/2013

I know when I first heard of him doing this, I said: "Oh no...what are you doing?" But, I think he did this so he can show that he does have theatrical training and can command a crowd, which is probably what he wants to show with Coriolanus going into production.

by Anonymousreply 21307/21/2013

Hiddles did a great job w/ his four minute Comic Con monologue. He hd the audience from the word "humanity." It was entertaining to watch him use Loki's best lines to great effect from mewling quim to "kneel" which some of the audience members actually did! He also has an incredible voice. His theatrical training really shows.

by Anonymousreply 21407/21/2013

Some folks are acting like he did this rogue or something, just wandered in wearing his movie costume... This was the equivalent of being called in to work on a weekend. Contractually obligated to promote movies, etc. Doesn't hurt that he's the biggest Loki fanboy, lol. Just so long as he doesn't get solidly typecast as "Loki types" because only Christopher Lee can really get by with playing "evil" for an entire career.

Re the gf mess... Girlfriend ain't his gf, lol. I'm willing to bet he dropped her soon as Wimbledon was over. He's usually pretty demonstrative with whoever he's steadily dating (that orange-colored chick he was with for ages, then Kat Dennings, etc)and no one has seen hide nor hair of these two together other than the tennis match.

by Anonymousreply 21507/22/2013

the important thing was I was right about ultron :)

by Anonymousreply 21607/22/2013

R215 lol, well someone is in denial. I'm sorry, but the girl has a career, she doesn't have time to go to every event with him like his last "not-girlfriends". If she was all of you would be quick to say that she's feeding off his fame and wants attention. You don't know that she's not his girlfriend just as the rest of us don't know that she is. She very well could be but y'know...MAYBE he's learned from his mistake with Susannah. No one can convince me that relationship didn't end on bad terms over the stress of their careers in the spotlight. Anyone who is trying to kid themselves that she isn't because he's a play-boy or whatever just sound like fangirls who don't like the idea of him being in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 21707/22/2013

Remember when DL was a gay site and all the sexually frustrated housecows used to be confined to EVERY OTHER FUCKING WEBSITE IN THE UNIVERSE?

Yeah. Good times, good times. Those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 21807/22/2013

Agreed 218. When did this become tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 21907/22/2013

R217 - I think you're the one in denial. If you can't see that this 'relationship' bullshit is purely just FWB like everyone else on here and nothing else then I feel sorry for you. Why don't you just run along back to tumblr and continue to prove to everyone there what a good little fan you are by defending the honour of Tom's 'girlfriend'. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22007/22/2013

R220 Tumblr? Don't associate me with that shit. Sure I'm a fan but I'm not the one trying to criticize another person's relationship choices. I just feel sorry for you and everyone else because clearly you think you know everything about this man. You're only going by your own speculations. Hell, I don't even know what's going on who he's banging or in a relationship with but I'm not going to jump to conclusions that it's one or the other. I honestly can't say I think he's in a relationship and I have no evidence to say so. This is someone's life that you have zero involvement in, regardless of whether you're a fan or not, so you're not exactly in a position to say what's going on when you have zero proof like the other sadcases out there who are just feeding off of the gossip. You can't go with your gut feeling then proclaim it gospel truth. You're only believing what you want to believe, just like the other fangirls out there who are kidding themselves that he's still attainable. And you're trying to associate ME with Tumblr? Please.

by Anonymousreply 22107/22/2013

Mary! The inmates are running the asylum!

by Anonymousreply 22207/22/2013

oh sweet jesus

by Anonymousreply 22307/22/2013

Did everyone take note that I am convinced Tom Hiddleston could make me very happy indeed? I feel as though maybe the importance of that notion is being overlooked here.

by Anonymousreply 22407/22/2013

Just because he has a monster cock doesn't mean you can objectify him, he has feelings too dammit!!!!11!!

by Anonymousreply 22507/23/2013

I like him, I think he's very talented but his interviews start being boring, always so inspirational and philosophical. Hiddleston tell us somenthing meaty please

by Anonymousreply 22607/23/2013

I saw his last interview (HQ panel) he can't stand still for a minute. One of the most anxious person of the universe

by Anonymousreply 22707/23/2013

Back to the original topic of this thread: Joss Whedon says no Loki in Avengers 2 -- I agree with that. But I think it's pretty significant that Feige chose to have Hiddles as Loki promote and introduce the new Thor Dark World trailer, not have a panel and not even have a taped message from the titular star of the movie. The gambit paid off with massive PR -- all of it rave reviews for Tom. He mentioned in one interview he got an Email from Chris Hemsworth who had no idea of what Feige had planned. Since Hemsworth and Hiddles are good friends, he was presumably pleased. But it can't have escaped his notice that Loki has pretty much hijacked the Thor franchise Several articles said Loki should have his own movie. While I don't see that happening anytime soon, I could Hiddles reprising the role in future Marvel properties since he's signed for 5 movies.

by Anonymousreply 22807/23/2013

Yes I agree. I don't think we've seen the last of Loki...

by Anonymousreply 22907/23/2013

Loki constantly dies and resurrects, changes gender and age in Thor comics, he's pretty hard to get rid of.

by Anonymousreply 23007/23/2013

But permanently or not, I do believe they are going to kill him in Dark World. They wouldn't cast Idris Elba for Heimdall if it wasn't an important part (hint hint: Heimdall kills Loki).

by Anonymousreply 23107/23/2013

Hiddleconda bump

by Anonymousreply 23207/23/2013

R232 To the left. To the left. To the left. To the left. Mmmm to the left, to the left. Everything you own in the box to the left.

by Anonymousreply 23307/23/2013

229: Probably not the last. He signed up for 5 movies and he's done 3 so far. He won't be in Avengers II, so I'm guessing his remaining two appearances will be Thor 3 and possibly Avengers 3.

About Loki getting his own movie - is this genuinely in the pipeline or is it just fannish speculation?

by Anonymousreply 23407/23/2013

He better cut his hair.

by Anonymousreply 23507/23/2013

Just because he signed up for 5 movies doesn't necessarily mean that he will do 5 movies. It means he is optioned for 5 movies which is the standard Marvel contract.

by Anonymousreply 23607/23/2013

5 movies could be anything from a lead, or supporting role to cameo. What is happening with Close Enough? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 23707/23/2013

Who the fuck is Ultron? I had to Wikipedia Thanis because everyone said he was gonna be the villain in Avengers 2, and nw it's some dude called Ultron???

by Anonymousreply 23807/23/2013

Re "Close Enough": No new word since about April and Hayley Atwell's apparently doing some play now? Last heard, they were supposed to be in pre-prod with filming starting this fall but it seems that's by the wayside, based on the lack of info.

by Anonymousreply 23907/24/2013

Don't mean to be obtuse but how can he film in the fall if he is getting ready for his play? I read somewhere they were to begin filming in June, but that apparently hasn't happened. Oh well maybe he enjoys the challenge of juggling two projects.

by Anonymousreply 24007/24/2013

I thought his haircolor change was for Capa but imdb says it's still in pre-production.

by Anonymousreply 24107/24/2013

Dude is majorly HUNG..Damn.

by Anonymousreply 24207/24/2013

So why he changed his haircolor? Hmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 24307/24/2013

Good point actually... The hair has been dark since at least the beginning of July so he didn't do it for SDCC. Perhaps he is doing some Capa stuff now - promo shots, screen checks? . I believe he is blonde for Coriolanus, isn't he so he must have dyed it for a reason...must be for Capa...

by Anonymousreply 24407/24/2013

“Whatever happens, it looks like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are going to be sciencing all over the place, and that’s always good.” Joss Whedon

Maybe there is no Thor in A2, because what is he gonna do without Loki. I understand they need a different villain than Loki this time, but I wouldn't mind if they give Hiddles at least a small cameo. He was one of the highlights in Avengers and he was just juicey as Loki.

by Anonymousreply 24507/24/2013

R228 They better use him in future movies, he is darn charismatic and a great actor. He may come across a bit douchey in interviews but I sure enjoy him as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 24607/24/2013

Awful hammy actor.

by Anonymousreply 24707/24/2013

10/10 would bang. Climb dem legs like a tree.

by Anonymousreply 24807/24/2013

Perhaps things have changed since Mr H. played the crowds so well at Comic Con. He may come across as 'try me' too painfully desperate sometimes, but this time it may have paid off.

by Anonymousreply 24907/25/2013

Yeah let him play that role for ever and ever.

by Anonymousreply 25007/25/2013

R249 ... You think they rewrote the script and reshot the ending as a result of Comic Con? In the last werk? Erm.... ;)

I think he has impressed a lot of people - he is very well liked in the industry - and the character has a lot more to give - regardless of cosplay-based tarting about in San Diego. Good for him.

I saw on another board someone at Nerd HQ was close to the front when he knelt - his tightened trousers confirming what we already knew about him being hung like a shire horse.

I'm just going to need a moment alone with that thought .... *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 25107/25/2013

@R251 he needs to pull a Fassbender asap.

by Anonymousreply 25207/25/2013

[R251] After reading your post, I took a moment alone as well, ha, ha.

I agree that Ken Feige didn't rewrite the ending of Thor 2 after Tom's 4-minute appearance as full-on Loki at Comic Con. I think he and the Marvel showrunners knew after Thor and The Avengers that Hiddleston's Loki was the break out star, particularly among the fan girls (and probably a lot of fan boys,too. This isn't the first time a second lead or villain has become more popular than the intended lead: Mr. Spock and JR Ewing spring immediately to mind. When and how Loki appears again is the question and it won't be answered for at least another couple of years. Meanwhile, Tom needs to figure out how best to capitalize on his success in the Marvel franchise without being typecast. Assuming he nails it in Coriolanus, which many expect, that will give him added credibility. Acting is a tough business though and you never can tell who's going to make it to the A list and stay there. Do think he has the talent to match his much admired "endowments" though.

by Anonymousreply 25307/25/2013

New gossip making the rounds is that Hiddles was picking up hotel staff at comic con this weekend when Jane's back was turned. He apparently likes women of color, and made some comment about how his fans wouldn't approve.

Nice.

So if r83 is still around, I'm going to ask if the gal at the party was also a woman of color.

PS. I still believe his has a thing with that MAN of color, John Macmillan.

by Anonymousreply 25407/25/2013

"he has". sorry

by Anonymousreply 25507/25/2013

Consensus elsewhere is that this gossip is actually from 2011, during the Avengers shooy in NYC when he was Susannah. Jane wasn't at Comic Con...

Look - he probably has girls throwing themselves at him 24/7. He wouldn't be human if he didn't indulge himself sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 25607/25/2013

I don't believe in Jane thing until a second picture together. Al least

by Anonymousreply 25707/25/2013

You've got to wonder why this is surfacing now if this happened back in 2011. The "gf" definitely wasn't at comic con - that much at least is true. The more stories like this one that I hear along with the fact that Tom is a serial hardcore flirt/player, keeps on adding more evidence that the 'Tom and his current "gf"' story is phony as all fuck.

by Anonymousreply 25807/25/2013

I want to read those rumours guys can you post a link please? Clearly there is juicy gossip somewhere else and I am BORED!

by Anonymousreply 25907/25/2013

[R257] Honey, no one except for Tumblr believes that Jane Arthy and Tom are an actual couple. FWB? The more likely scenario.

by Anonymousreply 26007/25/2013

Comment #34

"...He tried to hit on my friend who worked at a hotel. He is so fking shameless. His girlfriend was with him. Not with him at the time, but the moment she left he started hitting on my friend. He’s actually very smart. He was talking to her about the origins of Somalians ( shes somalian), the colonization of east africa etc. He then started to fawn over how beautiful she was, and he even asked her out on a coffee date, next time he’s in town. Also, he is a really nice guy, totally opposite of fassbender patient, cool etc. But he is really **** annoyed of those avengers fans. Chris evans too. my friend told me that they get REALLY annoyed when they leave a building and they are waiting outside. When hiddles was told that his fans were outside at the front, he darted through the back of the hotel, and exited from there. My friend told him that she’d love to go on a date with him, she told me that they had great chemistry. But she doesn’t want to get mauled by fans. He says that he understands, and that they would probably go crazy considering she doesn’t look like them. IDK what the *** that means but whatever.”

by Anonymousreply 26107/25/2013

258 It's not really surprising that old news resurfaces. Hiddleston is a bigger story in 2013 than he was in 2011 when filming The Avengers and the fangirls are on a mission to find out every scrap of information. So when they uncover a tidbit like the one above, it makes the rounds all over again. It's clear Tom enjoys the trappings of his success and likes to pick up women wherever he goes. On Nerd HQ he said he was out dancing & partying after his Loki appearance & why not? No reason he shouldn't enjoy himself. Also not surprised that Evans & Hiddleston would be wary of wading into a hoard of fans clustered outside their hotel during the Avengers filming.

by Anonymousreply 26207/25/2013

Can't blame him for not wanting to deal with the hoardes of fans who are waiting for him. Comic Con is different since he was there to promote Thor 2. I just hope he remains a nice guy and that his fame will not change him. Of course he will be less accessible than he was but that is expected.

I just hate the crazy, stalker type fans.

by Anonymousreply 26307/25/2013

Giving the side-eye to the "Friend of a friend" story but not doubting he's a player. Also heard he's into chubby/thick girls, too. Definitely into older women (most of his hook ups and gfs have been older, apparently, not like cougar-older but a few years each).

Side-eyeing the "Tom is a closet asshole about his fans" thing because that man has never shied from fan-service and has (on film, even) told people to calm down, he'd sign whatever, just cool their jets and be orderly.

by Anonymousreply 26407/25/2013

What hook ups and gfs have been older?

And chubby/thick girls?

Side eyeing everything at this point.

by Anonymousreply 26507/25/2013

Agree with 264 that the "friend of a friend" story smells like BS. As far as his hook ups/gfs being older, I always thought they were either the same age or younger than him. Susannah Fielding, Kat Dennings, the black model he supposedly slept during the Avengers press tour, the girl he left an industry party with recently as reported by someone else on this board - all of them are younger than he is. Apart from his current FWB Jane Arthy, the only other woman that has been older than him was his ex-gf Gwendoline Christie. Also, definitely side-eyeing Tom being a "a closet asshole about his fans". That man genuinely seems to like his fans and seems to be quite happy to indulge in fan-service.

by Anonymousreply 26607/25/2013

R264 if by "chubby/thick girls" you mean women with curves like ScarJo & Kat Dennings, then yeah, i assume it would be safe to say he likes "chubby/thick girls".

by Anonymousreply 26707/25/2013

Oh Lord - if ScarJo and Kat Dennings are considered 'chubby/thick' then what has the world come to? They are both stunning women. No wonder young girls are starving themselves.

And he is a nice guy - definitely not an arsehole. He is always gracious with fans - even when he has to keep them in check. Any suggestion that he's not a nice guy is complete BS.

And I would suggest that he is a lovely guy with anyone he picks up too. I mean think about it - he's been single for, say, 2 years, clearly enjoying it and yet we've heard about, what, two women? No women scorned it would seem or there'd be more blabbing. Player, but a nice guy...

by Anonymousreply 26807/26/2013

yeah, she seems like a very nice guy. I mean, he signed autographs and took pictures with fans when they caught him in that parking garage. I could tell he wanted to get the hell out of there but was very gracious to them. Most other celebs would have walked away.

He does seem desperate to please but I don't knock him for that. I am the same way so I understand.

That thread about him on celebitchy was depressing. What a cynical lot they are.

by Anonymousreply 26907/26/2013

D'oh! I meant he..

by Anonymousreply 27007/26/2013

Nerd HQ questions seemed planned to me.

by Anonymousreply 27107/26/2013

That gossip actually came from lipstickalley, now I found the Tom Hiddleston Part 2 thread where it was posted and a link was given to another thread where an "in cognito" poster gave gossip on a number of celebrities. But this person had something shitty to say about everyone, the gossip they gave on Joaquin Phoenix and Selena Gomez sounded VERY spiteful and just generally bitchy...and completely ridiculous. I'm certain that this about Tom isn't true in that case. I mean, when even the people on Celebitchy and Lipstick Alley don't believe it then you know it's BS.

by Anonymousreply 27207/26/2013

Nerd HQ questions were unplanned, I know some people who were there and asked.

by Anonymousreply 27307/26/2013

I'm curious to see his next moves now

by Anonymousreply 27407/26/2013

Maybe Locarno festival with Joanna Hogg film (even if he has a small part)? TIFF with only lovers left alive?

by Anonymousreply 27507/27/2013

He needs to snag the lead role in a mainstream movie outside of the Marvel franchise to be considered an A lister. Consensus is Tom made a HUGE mistake by switching agencies, agents & getting Luke for his PR. Not sure what's going on with "Close Enough" the Capa movie. Seems to be in limbo. Meanwhile, doing Coriolanus gives him street cred & he should get a nice bump when Thor 2 hits in November. Hopefully, those will boost his career.

by Anonymousreply 27607/27/2013

He needs to snag the lead role in my bed.

by Anonymousreply 27707/27/2013

As to rewriting and filming a new ending for Thor DW just for the fans of Loki, after his performance at SDCC, think 'alternative ending', already in the can.

by Anonymousreply 27807/27/2013

Alternative ending, eh? In the can? I wonder....

by Anonymousreply 27907/28/2013

"My lack of self-esteem" Yes we know Thomas. We know darling

by Anonymousreply 28007/29/2013

He's an over rated actor. He auditions for roles and doesnt get them because he's not that good. He's also hard to cast.

by Anonymousreply 28107/29/2013

I'm waiting for his sex tape and/or nude pictures to come out. Where is make-a-wish foundation when you need them!

by Anonymousreply 28207/29/2013

Oh Thomas..

by Anonymousreply 28307/29/2013

Excellent work by the photographer in that shot!

by Anonymousreply 28407/29/2013

R283 Perfect shot is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 28507/29/2013

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the Janga Fett stunt. I mean, flying from London, or where ever, all the way to SDCC? How did he make it through security? Did I miss something? If he wanted to be incognito, why not a wig and makeup? Seriously, the guy is hot, but lacking imagination sometimes. Sorry if I missed the story explaining this Janga Fett feat.

by Anonymousreply 28607/29/2013

So Jane Arthy has just subscribed Nathan Fillion after yesterday a pictue of him and Tom came out on twitter. coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 28707/30/2013

Really? I mean she's stupid or what? He supposedly unsubscribed her to protect her and she openly subscribes his friends? Oh sweet lord

by Anonymousreply 28807/30/2013

I very much doubt he unfollowed her as a means of "protection". Her profile on twitter is public not private/locked. Regardless of whether Tom follows her or not, anyone can look her up, view her timeline and tweet to her. This whole theory that he unfollowed her to "protect" her smells of BS.

by Anonymousreply 28907/30/2013

Is he gay, or is this another Cumberbitch thread?

by Anonymousreply 29007/30/2013

R289 - so true. You'd think that if this were a serious relationship she would make her twitter profile private to keep out the crazies, but no. This entire 'relationship' feels completely off to me.

by Anonymousreply 29107/30/2013

She can't, she needs her twitter to promote her unknown independent music bands

by Anonymousreply 29207/30/2013

maybe it's just me but you'd think that if this relationship was serious that tom would have no need to unfollow her. if it's serious you can't keep it hidden forever. he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone so why not just stick by his decision of following her in the first place? keeps on lending itself more and more to the likely theory on all the other gossip sites that she's just a fwb.

by Anonymousreply 29307/30/2013

Unfollowed her was simply ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 29407/30/2013

Isn't a bit lame to start follow a person you've never met just because he knows your boyfriend? Boyfriend, better "person I want to be my boyfriend but I screwed up by getting ahead of myself". That is a much better reason for unfollowing her. I doubt that ELLE editor made up the detail, somebody must have told her Jane was Tom's girlfriend, either it was Tom or it was Jane.

by Anonymousreply 29507/30/2013

He can't hide her forever but maybe he can try, dressing her like Jango Fett as well

by Anonymousreply 29607/30/2013

If she is a real girlfriend then unfollowing her just makes him look like a coward.

by Anonymousreply 29707/30/2013

R294 - Ridiculous how? Looks to me like he acted like any straight man who's not interested in a serious commitment, yet has been "paired up" by the media would act: sever all ties and distance himself. Otherwise, why not take her to the Cannes film festival? Why not take her to the Much Ado about Nothing premiere in London? Why not take her to that party at that posh restaurant the day after Wimbledon instead of Lara Pulver? Why not take her to the Manchester festival to go see Macbeth? Why not take her to Comic-Con? As a guy, I know when I'm truly into a woman I make every opportunity possible to be with her. This doesn't strike me as the behaviour of a guy who's interested as anything more than casual sex.

by Anonymousreply 29807/30/2013

R295 - you read my mind! that's exactly what i was thinking, i just couldn't express it as clearly as you did! i think she assumed WAY too much out of a simple date. let's face it, it's highly unlikely tom would have said anything to anyone media related so logically that only leaves jane who would have jumped the gun and blabbed about her 'boyfriend'.

by Anonymousreply 29907/30/2013

I'm a lurker of tom subscription and he subscribed her after Amy Acker and much ado film that he followed the night of london premiere (mid jun) "So they are a couple since may" yeah sure

by Anonymousreply 30007/30/2013

you think they've been a 'couple' for a lot less than 'since may' r300?

by Anonymousreply 30107/30/2013

I don't know nothing for sure, but "since may" source it's a comment on just jared so

by Anonymousreply 30207/30/2013

Fairly sure I read on this thread itself that Jane had been talking to her colleagues constantly that she was shagging Tom and that it had been going on since May according to the colleague that shared that information. I'm seeing a familiar pattern here - she can't keep her mouth shut about the fact that's she's sleeping with someone famous, so it's no big stretch of the imagination to assume that she was the one who told the ELLE editor that she was Tom's 'girlfriend'. I agree with R295 and R299 - sounds like she got way ahead of herself and that's why Tom probably freaked out a little and unfollowed her.

by Anonymousreply 30307/30/2013

I honestly can't say for certain what's going on here, I don't wanna jump to conclusions about the lives of people I don't know. But if you look at Jane's job and what it entails, she's almost like a PR for these bands. I mean she attends concerts, festivals, radio interviews/performances for the bands she's responsible for. She's most likely a VERY busy woman. She's also not even remotely famous or has a job in the public eye like Tom's exes. It wouldn't make sense for her to go to Cannes or the Much Ado About Nothing premiere if (a) She's working/has other commitments for the following day (b) She's not famous so she really has no business there. I don't know, why would you expect her to be there just cause she's Tom's girlfriend? There's such a thing as being independant in a relationship without needing your other half at every single event you go to. Especially when its in the early stages.

by Anonymousreply 30407/30/2013

All these events are not different from Wimbledon final.

by Anonymousreply 30507/30/2013

i.e. a relationship (if that is what this is) with a deadline.

Often actors split because they can't get to be together with their partners enough. The one that make it work, from RDJ to Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, they all say the same thing, they never stay apart from their partners for more than 10 days, 2 weeks tops.

She has her job and of course she cares about it and she has every right to go on with her life. But Tom's job isn't office like, one day is in London next week he's in another continent. Do you see a future here?

by Anonymousreply 30607/30/2013

I understand why he's flirting with every woman now, he wasn't really a sexy beast five years ago

by Anonymousreply 30707/30/2013

Oh R307, I humbly disagree...

by Anonymousreply 30807/30/2013

R308

Absolutely. :-) I still hope the wild curls are going to make a comeback...

by Anonymousreply 30907/30/2013

Henry V, ginger curls and beard, always my favourite

by Anonymousreply 31007/30/2013

Only time will tell if the "relationship" with Arthy is FWB, casual or the real deal. [R10] was the one who said she worked for her & that they had been seeing each other for a couple of months but no one else confirmed that. If they are a couple they can't stay on the down-low forever. But it's clear Tom likes to party -- a LOT. Even when he was with Susannah Fielding he continued to hit on other women. His actions don't exactly scream monogamy, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 31107/30/2013

definitely

by Anonymousreply 31207/30/2013

@311

Maybe. I get the impression he's a fairly flirty, outgoing, gregarious sort of chap generally. I've seen him 'flirting' and having fun with female fans, but I can't say I immediately jump to the conclusion that he's hitting on them. He *could be* I suppose, although it doesn't look like a deliberate strategy to me - more just a case of that giddy enthusiasm thing he's got going on.

by Anonymousreply 31307/30/2013

there is nothing wrong on flirting, so do I, but when I had a serious relationship with someone I tried to avoid

by Anonymousreply 31407/30/2013

Yeah.....I don't buy that she's sooooooooo busy that she can't accompany Tom to even one event (Wimbledon not withstanding) if this is actually a serious relationship. Sure, she has a career but I don't think she should be made a martyr to the cause. Personally, I highly suspect that this 'relationship' is FWB (just a gut feeling, no scoop). Tom's purely focusing on his career and his career only right now and let's be honest- assuming these other stories about Tom's one night stands and being quite the ladies man are true (I suspect they are), why would whatever the hell this thing is with Arthy be any different? I don't see any evidence whatsoever that this is anything more than a casual sex relationship and I'm not buying the 'serious relationship' pitch either. Believe what you like but it all seems overtly phony to me.

by Anonymousreply 31507/30/2013

R314 Well there's more than one way to flirt with someone. Or what may be seen as flirting. Having some playful banter with the opposite sex or even complimenting them with no further indication of sexual interest is pretty acceptable in my books. I mean as someone who's been in a long term relationship you can flirt with someone but have it not mean anything or acknowledge that the way you speak with the opposite sex may be seen as flirting. It doesn't mean I would cheat on my partner or vice versa. Tom's style of flirting just seems playful, harmless and maybe even unintentional. He likes to joke around, make little comments and he compliments women alot, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not the sleazy "I want to bang you" style of flirting that alot of guys go for. It just seems like he's having a laugh, being nice/friendly and maybe wanting to boost someone's confidence or make their day with a nice compliment or make someone laugh. Telling the girl at comic con that her hoarse voice was "Kinda hot actually" seemed like more of a joke than anything. He's not a sleazeball who wants to hook up with every girl he sees.

by Anonymousreply 31607/30/2013

Definitely agree with R315. I think that like Cumberbatch, Tom's sowing his wild oats and focusing 100% on his career. I don't think either of them have the time to devote to a serious relationship right now so having FWB's/casual sex makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 31707/30/2013

[R313][316] Agree about the flirting party. Everybody flirts to a degree. His gregarious nature and "friendly" fan comments and interactions aside, it seems like Tom has a lot of pickups & hookups wherever he goes. Nothing wrong with enjoying life when you're single. But one poster mentioned that he was hitting on one of the hotel employees the minute Susannah Fielding's back was turned in NYC while filming the Avengers. It does seem like he's more career focused at this point. But who really knows? I can't wait to see the Hollow Crown on PBS in October though

by Anonymousreply 31807/30/2013

R316

That's my take on it as well. I certainly wouldn't assume the man lives like a monk (he's attractive, talented and intelligent so why would he need to), but that doesn't *necessarily* equate to him trying to bed every vaguely attractive woman that crosses his path. Not in my book anyway.

I've no idea if he's some sort of womaniser or 'player'. I do find it curious though that amongst the gossip-mongerers on the 'net he's either assumed to be hit 'em and quit 'em playboy-type (with commitment issues) or someone who is overly intense/super-needy/obsessive when it comes to relationships (the last 'assessment' based I believe on his doe-eyed gazing at his last gf in some photos). All of which leads me to think that some folks are just looking for *something*, hell, *anything* to criticise him for.

by Anonymousreply 31907/30/2013

Can we please get back to some juicy gossip and not the armchair analysis of these people?

ACTUAL DIRT PLEASE! Gossip and bitchery! Preferably insider info on the boyfriends and not the beards.

Can anyone who has actually seen, met or truly knows any of the players involved come back and post some eyewitness (or confident insider) accounts of the Hiddleconda's actual activities, pretty please?

And dear God, where is the Fassbender like reveal we've all been waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 32007/30/2013

last gf, you mean Susannah?

by Anonymousreply 32107/30/2013

@R321

Yes, I meant Susannah Fielding.

I prefer the 'armchair analysis' to the pointless bitchery! Oops, I guess I'm on the wrong site, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 32207/30/2013

I never see him like he was with Susannah. Never

by Anonymousreply 32307/30/2013

I've (sorry)

by Anonymousreply 32407/30/2013

I was watching the Nerd HQ panel with Tom a second time and this time I paid more attention to the people in the audience and it looked like over half of them were more adult mature women then young teen girls. I know people say how crazy some of his young fans are but I think if you could do a survey of his fanbase, more then over half his fans are probably over the age of 25.

by Anonymousreply 32507/30/2013

R320 you should run for president gurl. You got my vote.

by Anonymousreply 32607/30/2013

I think the only guy that Hiddleston really gives the googly eyes at is Chris Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 32707/30/2013

youtube.com /watch?v=ibr7fTGGqdE

Hemsworth is into it.

by Anonymousreply 32807/30/2013

Yes, you ARE on the wrong site r322, but you won't leave, will you?

by Anonymousreply 32907/30/2013

Look at how he looks at Chris.

by Anonymousreply 33007/31/2013

he LOVES Chris.

by Anonymousreply 33107/31/2013

He loves Chris because he's a lovely steady calm person, the friend that Tom needs, indeed

by Anonymousreply 33207/31/2013

OT but Chris Hemsworth's baby daughter India Rose is adorable

by Anonymousreply 33307/31/2013

We can only hope, r329.

He seems chummy with Zac Levi. Any stories there?

by Anonymousreply 33407/31/2013

I love Zac and Chris, they are so relaxed and happy (or at least they seem) I like Tom too but he struggles with anxiety problems to me (just a feeling I don't have any proof of that)

by Anonymousreply 33507/31/2013

Based on what I've seen, Hiddleston has LOTS of nervous, kinetic energy. He can't sit still for more than a minute. When he's being interviewed, especially by a group like MTV he starts to act out and go wild and crazy. He manages to put a lid on it when he's in a more sedate setting e.g. the BAFTA awards or a function with industry suits and big wigs.

The high energy level probably explains why he's so thin. I'd love to have his metabolism for about six months or even six days.

by Anonymousreply 33607/31/2013

I imagine he's verbal in bed. Not yet sure in a good way or not.

by Anonymousreply 33707/31/2013

According to Hayley Atwell, “Close Enough" is on hold at the moment. And fresh rumors say there are reshoot for Thor 2

by Anonymousreply 33808/01/2013

I love the fact he;s stuck with this franchise. Hopefully it will really mess with his career.

by Anonymousreply 33908/01/2013

And now Jane chick follow J. Whedon too. Jesus what a lame woman

by Anonymousreply 34008/01/2013

R338 - oh dear. If I were this guy, I'd be starting to worry. He hasn't had a single piece of worthwhile film casting that's come off in over a year. And he's obviously turned up his patrician nose at TV.

He'd better hope this Donmar Coriolanus comes off well enough to transfer to a bigger theatre. They're hyping it well enough - "one of Britain's greatest classical actors" (the director) my arse. The man's CV is wafer thin. Greatest? Hello? Rylance? Jacobi? Beale? Gambon? How does this guy fit into anyone's list of greatest?

Star is fading, if you ask me (not that you did).

by Anonymousreply 34108/01/2013

@340 So basically she's like his fans. Epic fail

by Anonymousreply 34208/01/2013

love how all of a sudden jane finds the need to start following the same people that know tom. does she honestly think that because she screwed up at wimbledon by saying she's tom's "girlfriend" that she can follow a couple of his friends on twitter and all is forgiven? if she still can't see what the rest of the internet can - that she's just a fwb to tom and nothing more, then she really is the dumb blonde i always assumed she would be. she comes off as nothing but a complete and utter lame try-hard.

by Anonymousreply 34308/01/2013

R340, R342 and R343 - She doesn't quite know when to give up does she?

by Anonymousreply 34408/01/2013

Ugh. God I wish this Jane Arthy would just piss off already. I'm getting so much second-hand embarrassment hearing about her "antics".

by Anonymousreply 34508/01/2013

You don't understand, she's an indipendent woman and she doesn't care. Tom likes women like that, she read it in one of his interview (sarcasm)

by Anonymousreply 34608/01/2013

Never trust a woman who wears hoop earrings after 30.

by Anonymousreply 34708/01/2013

R347 - Ha! I spat my tea all over my computer screen from laughter due to reading that! (I think I recall reading elsewhere that she's 34?)

by Anonymousreply 34808/01/2013

R338 No big surprise, considering Tom will be busy promoting Thor2 in autumn and busy with Coriolanus after, they should have started shooting already. Btw, I thought the title changed to "Capa". There was that photo of Tom holding the script and "close enough" was crossed out and above was written "Capa".

About Jane, maybe she's advertising herself to be brought at Toronto Film Festival. OLLA is scheduled to be shown, there's a chance Tom might go since he isn't busy with Close Enough. Jane wants to be like Susannah, tennis tournament+TIFF.

by Anonymousreply 34908/01/2013

R347 - Also: never trust a woman after 30 who can't decide whether her hair colour is blonde or brunette so goes for both at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 35008/01/2013

Personally, I'm still genuinely surprised that there are people who think that there is actually a serious relationship going on between Arthy and Hiddleston. If Hiddleston has any brains, he won't bring Arthy to TIFF - seems likely that she was the one who told the ELLE editor she was Hiddleston's "girlfriend", so what's to stop her running her mouth even moreso at TIFF?

by Anonymousreply 35108/01/2013

R350 ombre hair is the plague of our time.

by Anonymousreply 35208/01/2013

No one believe she's his gf, we believe in "I'm desperate to be his gf I do anything"

by Anonymousreply 35308/01/2013

well said @353.

by Anonymousreply 35408/01/2013

R351 only 1 person really, Arthy.

by Anonymousreply 35508/01/2013

I think he is seeing Arthy and probably telling her all about meeting various actors and she has been looking at their twitters and following them. It's a bit weird, she's basically a middle aged fangirl. She doesn't follow many actors on twitter, but Tom is one of the only actors she ever followed.. and obviously went diving straight for him when they met at some Marvel event. she posted a picture of her marvel pass on her twitter.

by Anonymousreply 35608/01/2013

He always seems to get glowing reviews from magazines and the media seems to love him but for some reason he cannot turn this attention into roles. Hes getting photoshoots in Vogue and all the movie mags love him and talk about him as though he's hot property and on the top of everyone's lists but he's just getting no work. Unless he's being really picky but I don't think so. I'm surprised he can afford to be unemployed for nearly a year. I dunno if he's just having bad luck or what.

by Anonymousreply 35708/01/2013

[R357} He can afford to be unemployed because he's from money (one parent was old money, one new) and is a trust fund baby.

by Anonymousreply 35808/01/2013

His great-grandfather was a baron wasn't he? He was a billionaire from the Vestey family and was richer than the queen. they made a ton of money from their shipping business and were jailed for tax evasion lol.

by Anonymousreply 35908/01/2013

You cunts are disgusting. Stalking girlfriends? Following some d grade actor all over the net?

Has no one told you bitches you should have grown out of this behavior 10 years ago? Jesus. Go and take care of your husbands, put the kids to bed, and take this childish shit to where it fucking belongs because we don't give a fuck about your straight fangirl wet panties.

Piss off.

by Anonymousreply 36008/01/2013

Thanks for advice mum

by Anonymousreply 36108/01/2013

Is that you Luke Windsor?

by Anonymousreply 36208/01/2013

@R341

I hope you are wrong, I really do. I think he's good, but I must admit it doesn't look as if he's run off his feet with work or offers of it (photo shoots excepted). Coriolanus is a smart move, so maybe that will give him a boost.

by Anonymousreply 36308/01/2013

Jesus, I wish Tom would just end whatever this is with Arthy (assuming it isn't already over). He can do so much better than her; a pathetic, desperate fangirl at most, trying too hard to become his newest girlfriend. He needs to concentrate more on lining up more roles instead of stringing out this little dalliance of his. I mean come on, does anyone actually think these 2 have a serious future together? Please.

by Anonymousreply 36408/01/2013

Amen r360.

Definition of insanity?

Me coming back to this thread thinking the fangirls will leave and someone in the know will start posting some real information.

by Anonymousreply 36508/01/2013

Does anyone actually know anything about his girlfriend or are these deductions of armchair psychologists?

by Anonymousreply 36608/01/2013

None of these bitches know anything.

by Anonymousreply 36708/01/2013

there is nothing to talk about this guy because he isn't big enough to have a lot of rumors. and he doesn't seem to party much, just focuses on his career so not much chance for very juicy gossip. and since he is very unlikely to be gay and most threads here run on gay speculation...

career-wise however this years has not been good. he aims to be A-list leading man in hollywood but he doesn't have the looks and his acting style is too theatrical. comparing him to cumberbatch or fassbender doesn't work because he just isn't as good.

now the fangirls have a petition for marvel to make a loki movie. good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 36808/01/2013

Loki movie is a better idea than Black Widow/Hawkeye/Hulk but just because it's a better idea doesn't make it a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 36908/01/2013

He needs to move away from Loki for the sake of his career. He won't get far (or win any serious awards he wants) if he clings to Marvel forever. It would be great if he could get a collaboration going with a great artist like Fassbender/McQueen, something edgy and interesting to give his resume some weight.

by Anonymousreply 37008/01/2013

@362 it can't be Windsor, Luke is first one that hope Tom piss her off asap

by Anonymousreply 37108/01/2013

Fact is no one knows what the deal is with Arthy & Hiddles at this point.

He does need to score some decent work since it seems like the Capa movie has been shelved indefinitely.Hiddles has talent and a certain charisma. Like him MUCH better than Cumberbatch in both acting & looks.

Fassbender. Now that is a different matter entirely. Fassbender = Sex on a stick. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 37208/01/2013

Capa movie was a flop in the making I'm happy about it going down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 37308/01/2013

The Capa movie is on hold. I don't know why either. As for this Jane Arthy, she is never mentioned anywhere except here. As for her blabbing about her 'famous boyfriend', I think someone is jus' jealous. A couple of 14 year olds trolling here, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 37408/01/2013

Actually Jane Arthy is mentioned plenty on LSA, ONTD and Celebitchy. Read through any of the latest Hiddleston threads on any one o those sites and you'll see that none of them believe Arthy is Tom's 'girlfriend' either. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 37508/01/2013

Found it hilarious that joss whedon quitted twitting ( again)

by Anonymousreply 37608/02/2013

It's a juicy gossip site, no armchair analysis. She disappeared after one picture together. He dosen't have any film at the moment. So are we doing here? Simple: gossip

by Anonymousreply 37708/02/2013

Time to face the truth, nobody brings a FWB to a public event. There is a chance it's a PR set up but it's more likely that you might have to put your big girl panties on.

You have 3 options to choose from:

1) He is properly dating her.

2) He is a handsy hobag & the lady sitting next to them made an assumption.

3) This whole shenanigan is a PR set up.

Pick one. Denial is not good for you.

by Anonymousreply 37808/02/2013

This thread has became more boring than a family reunion

by Anonymousreply 37908/02/2013

What is LSA?

by Anonymousreply 38008/02/2013

lipstickalley

by Anonymousreply 38108/02/2013

I agree the FWB thing is pure speculation IMO (as are a lot of the so-called 'scoops' about what TH may or may not be up to in his private life).

It is curious that he unfollowed this Jane Arthy though soon after the 'girlfriend' story materialised. If he is dating her I would have thought he'd either keep it completely private and off social media altogether (i.e. don't follow her in the first place) or keep on following her regardless if it is, indeed, something (semi)serious.

Just my opinion, but I think he's very focused on his career at the moment, maybe to the exclusion of everything else. I largely concur with R368, except for the bit about his looks and talent level. He really needs a greater variety of roles on his CV.

by Anonymousreply 38208/02/2013

Here's Exhibition clip, a film by Joanna Hogg. He's a small part

by Anonymousreply 38308/02/2013

When he unfollowed her I had feelings he was afraid, i don't know afraid of what (consequences, his crazy fans, she ran off her mouth too fast) but afraid IMO

by Anonymousreply 38408/02/2013

@R384

Afraid? As long as it’s not anything to do with his ‘crazy fans’ ‘cos that’d just be daft!

I must confess I’m *very* keen on him and would indeed feel a bit jealous if he does have a new gf. But that’s my problem and is completely irrelevant to Hiddleston himself, and it *should be* completely irrelevant to the development of his acting career. I wouldn’t have thought he would care what overly-invested girls/women on the ‘net think about anything at all besides his acting.

by Anonymousreply 38508/02/2013

Agree with the other posters - there's only one person who knows what's going on and he ain't posting here....

All anyone has is hot air and armchair analysis and at the end of the day it isn't anyone's business what he gets up to apart from him...

by Anonymousreply 38608/02/2013

Welcome on datalounge.tumblr.com

by Anonymousreply 38708/02/2013

New still from Only Lovers Left Alive.

I'll be in my bunk.

by Anonymousreply 38808/02/2013

I can hear fangirls screams from here. (Anyway my goodness)

by Anonymousreply 38908/02/2013

Does he have freakishly long upper arms in that picture od do i need glasses?

by Anonymousreply 39008/02/2013

Not just in this picture

by Anonymousreply 39108/03/2013

He has very long, slender arms. His torso is more muscular than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 39208/03/2013

Had the utter privilege and pleasure of watching Only Lovers Left Alive tonight as the closing movie of the New Zealand International Film Festival in Auckland. I thought it was wonderful. Slightly dragged in a few places but overall I found it captivating. Story centers on Adam and Tom is fantastic. Despite the awful hair he was beautiful. Wonderful body.

General vibe from audience was that it was great. It has periods of great humour in it (Tom particularly, he has very good comic timing). I did overhear one lady saying she found it boring, and I can understand that. Not a movie that will be to everyone's tastes.

by Anonymousreply 39308/03/2013

I am excited for the movie, but doubt it will come anywhere near my flyover state.

Tom's body is long and lean. Even if he bulked up for a role, I don't think he would have the really broad shoulders and chest that some get. He has more of the shape of a long distance runner, rather than that of a swimmer.

I like his body shape fine, and I also like the shape of Alexander Skarsgard's body. To me, Skarsgard looks like he has a swimmer's body. Long and Lean, but broad through the shoulders and upper chest. Average legs. Tom is long and lean, narrow shoulders and chest, but strong runner's legs. I do know that Tom is a runner. I have no idea what Skarsgard does to get his body as his dad is tall, but never that "Fit". Gustav is skinny and Bill has a shape just like Alex's.

I think Tom wears suits and clothing better than Skarsgard. I think Skarsgard looks amazing shirtless and he should be shirtless all the time.

Below the waste, well, come on, don't we all want to see what Tom really has going on down there? But I don't get the impression that Skarsgard is anything more than average. I can't recall ever having much a VPL on him. I do think there are probably some Swedish films he made where he shows full frontal, but I haven't seen any screen caps or GIF's.

by Anonymousreply 39408/03/2013

@393 what about naked scenes?

by Anonymousreply 39508/03/2013

Lots of shirtless scenes, and one scene where he and Tilda lie naked on a bed, sleeping - I think that image has already been posted somewhere. No sex scenes, alas.

by Anonymousreply 39608/03/2013

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 39708/03/2013

One of the issues with the overly-done 'prince charming' image he's got going on is that he's got to be super careful about anything with FWB/girlfriends going public. He's already known in rumor mills for hitting on anyone who breathes.

by Anonymousreply 39808/04/2013

That's the problem, this unicorn image he has created or someone has created for him

by Anonymousreply 39908/04/2013

I like him, he's good actor and yummy man, but in this picture from yesterday, well, "meh"

by Anonymousreply 40008/04/2013

Looks like he's back to his usual hair colour??

by Anonymousreply 40108/04/2013

nothing says posh like a polo event.

no wonder people don't take him seriously when he talks about not having enough money to buy food.

by Anonymousreply 40208/04/2013

He doesn't look happy in those pictures. Can't quite put my finger on it but he looks, hmm. Not sure. Wonder who he was there with....

by Anonymousreply 40308/04/2013

contrarily he looks forcedly happy

by Anonymousreply 40408/04/2013

oh god armchair shrinks are at it again

by Anonymousreply 40508/04/2013

Looks like he was by himself at the polo event. Certainly no sign of the supposed gf.

by Anonymousreply 40608/04/2013

Well unless anyone was there, who knows who he was with. If I was his GF, I would run a fricking mile if I saw a camera after the post- Wimbledon fan meltdown...

by Anonymousreply 40708/04/2013

R405: Oh hush, it's fun and in the absence of any real gossip, what else are we to do to amuse ourselves...

by Anonymousreply 40808/04/2013

If she wanna be with him she can't run away forever

by Anonymousreply 40908/04/2013

Woah! The countdown until he is completely bald is on. Man, his hair is disappearing quickly.

And he honestly has the most unattractive smile. He only looks good with his mouth closed in my book.

by Anonymousreply 41008/04/2013

After TIFF Susannah was assaulted, really, but she's gone to another two film premiere with him. Standing next to him, posing for pictures and smiling like nothing has happpened, ignoring crazy fans. Sorry miss Arthy but this is my kind of woman. I said it, now rant over me

by Anonymousreply 41108/04/2013

I doubt the reason we don't see her it's because she's afraid of fans, otherwise she wouldn't have gone to Wimbledon and ran her mouth with that journalist.

By logic, the reason she isn't in any photos with him it's because she is not there with him.

by Anonymousreply 41208/04/2013

R410 I was going to say the same thing. But it might be the weird short on sides longer at top haircut, he's trying hard to tame his curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 41308/04/2013

Maybe the GF has decided to take the photos of Tommy, that way staying out of the picture. OK, bad joke, however that hair color and those eyebrows are painful to gaze upon. And his skin. Looking more like 40 + every day. Must not be much going on in the acting world,if he is attending posh gatherings and envelope openings.

by Anonymousreply 41408/04/2013

R402 Tom has never claimed that he hasn't had enough money for food, ever. I think he has always acknowledged that he comes from a well off background.

He has, however, been very very vocal about poverty and, hunger and famine. And he did do a Unicef program where people voluntarily live on a food budget that is similar to a person below the poverty line. And while some may find that exercise to be condescending, ineffective, etc, I will say that Tom was eloquently gracious about his experience. He also wrote some very moving blog entries when he was touring through Guinea with Unicef Reps. He never failed to acknowledge the privilege that he has enjoyed, and the contrast he saw with people who work so hard for so little.

I have no doubt that his ties with Unicef are to help his profile, but at the same time, I really do believe that he feels a passion for the issue.

The second picture from that tumblr that was posted a few posts up is much better. I have to agree, that he is better looking when he is not smiling, the hair looks bad, and his smile looks over eager.

He would be better looking with about 10 more pounds on him. His face looks better when it is more filled in and less angular.

I don't believe he will age well. He seems too committed to nearly extreme thinness and as with women, chosing your ass over your face, ages you quickly

by Anonymousreply 41508/04/2013

R415 All I read in those blogs was me, me, me, I, I, I (oh, and look at ME in my Belsize Park kitchen!).

Don't be fooled by those public school manners. That whole UNICEF (Guinea trip + LBTL) stunt was all about HIM, not starving kids in Africa.

Ohhhh!! He CARES!!! (sob) Prince Charming!

Still hasn't landed him a choice role, though...

by Anonymousreply 41608/04/2013

R415 I know, I wasn't expressing a personal opinion, I was referring about his tweets and, most of all, people comments during his "live below the line" experience.

by Anonymousreply 41708/04/2013

" That whole UNICEF (Guinea trip + LBTL) stunt was all about HIM, not starving kids in Africa." R416 said, typing from a computer the price of a couple of weeks/months grocery shopping. It's very easy to say that any celebrity doesn't know what poverty is like when you live in the first world yourself. Myself included. Genuine or not it's a hell of a lot more than what any of us have done.

by Anonymousreply 41808/04/2013

R418: Precisely!! He's never hidden his affluent past unlike some celebs who act as if they were dragged up on the mean streets of some East London council estate.

At least he is doing something at its much more than most of us have done - including myself and I grew up piss poor.

I do wish he would eat just a little more though. I'd be quite happy to spoon feed him my signature apple crumble and custard, if he cared to pop round. You know, just out if the kindness of my heart...

by Anonymousreply 41908/04/2013

R418 Actually, my computer is so old I am amazed it still works. And as for Hiddles doing a hell of *alot more* than any of us- speak for yourself. Some of us do lots of charity work, in between jobs, family/community responsibilities. And never a tweet is tweeted about it.

Actually, if I was independently wealthy like him, I could perhaps spend a year or so in a needy area, actually helping out- not just getting my picture taken. I, however, am just a peasant that must actually work for a living, not simply show up for the opening of an envelope to walk a red carpet. ~sigh~

by Anonymousreply 42008/04/2013

R415, R418, R419 - this is the guy who left UNICEF with egg on their faces for having him on their star line-up of celebrities turning out to support the IF rally? The rally he didn't show up for? The guy who doesn't even write his own tweets on the subject but just puts through pre-written press tweets? That guy? Yeah. He's truly committed. He's done much more for charidee than every other poster on datalounge? Proportionally? Or even in real terms? Right. Yeah. FFS.

by Anonymousreply 42108/04/2013

Wake me up when his sex tape comes out.

by Anonymousreply 42208/04/2013

Did he ever come out and say he was attending IF? or was that just his rabid horde of fan girls wet dream, seeing they were stalking him on line and at the rally. He just fanned their obsession with him to promote it anyway. You could hear the collective gasps when he posted that pic of his Loki pale arm with his 100$ watch on it. How much food would that have bought? Just a thought. He does what he wants and what is good for his cause. Same as any other person who makes a living performing for the masses. He better hurry up with his sex tape before he gets any older looking.

by Anonymousreply 42308/04/2013

The Unicef trip was arranged by Unicef. Tom played the role they wanted him to, and no doubt some of his motivation was for his PR. But I also do believe that he had some sincerity in it as well.

As far as the other appearance, it is possible that it was a misunderstanding or God forbid, he could have been under the weather or caught in traffic or some other malady that happens to all of us at times.

I am not naive in thinking that he has done the unicef thing completely out of altruistic motives. But I am also not going to slam the guy for trying to make a bit of difference. Many actors in the UK are very involved in Unicef, Ewan McGregor, is another one that comes to mind. No one seems to be slamming him for working the charity.

Some of you just want to bitch for the fun of it.

Tom is probably a odd guy, needy as fuck, ugly cute, with body image issues. He probably suffers from being overly enthusiastic about many things, and in his naivete he has pandered to the fans, not really thinking through the downside. He might be getting lots of quick and easy sex and may even have cheated on an ex-GF or two, But other than that he seems decent enough. He doesn't seem mean spirited and doesn't seem to have a rep for bulling diva stunts yet.

I don't know why there is a need to tear him down for trying to do a few good things.

by Anonymousreply 42408/04/2013

R424 "Tom is probably a odd guy, needy as fuck, ugly cute, with body image issues. He probably suffers from being overly enthusiastic about many things, and in his naivete he has pandered to the fans, not really thinking through the downside. He might be getting lots of quick and easy sex and may even have cheated on an ex-GF or two, But other than that he seems decent enough"

There doesn't seem to be much left 'other than that' honestly.

by Anonymousreply 42508/04/2013

LOL, I know, right? But what was meant was that he doesn't seem mean spirited, nasty, asshole to the little people.

I think most actors are pretty needy and probably very neurotic and odd in some way or another. And many of them are huge jerks who treat people like shit. I don't get that feeling from Tom. While he seems to enjoy his celebrity, he doesn't seem an ass about it. Like I don't see him pushing to the front of the line at Starbucks, or expecting special treatment at restaurants, etc.

At least we haven't heard of that happening yet.

by Anonymousreply 42608/04/2013

What r426 said. Most people, especially actors have a huge ego but at least Tom is nice to people. Tom seems to really enjoy his fame but he is not an asshole about it.

by Anonymousreply 42708/05/2013

That's been my impression, too, R427. Compared to, say, Benedict Cumberbatch, an equally awkward and needy Brit, also enjoying his fame, but IS being an asshole about it.

by Anonymousreply 42808/05/2013

R337 The black model account said that he talked about her sexy body while she was riding him

by Anonymousreply 42908/05/2013

He's back in LA. Audition boy, audition hard.

by Anonymousreply 43008/05/2013

He's a total creep.

by Anonymousreply 43108/05/2013

Sounds HOT r429!

by Anonymousreply 43208/05/2013

Bittermuch, r431?

by Anonymousreply 43308/05/2013

Why is he a creep, r431?

by Anonymousreply 43408/05/2013

He's in LA for the Disney D23 Expo .... and big news wil soon follow

by Anonymousreply 43508/05/2013

R435 Big news?

by Anonymousreply 43608/05/2013

Big news about what exactly R435?

by Anonymousreply 43708/05/2013

Future projects. The usually uncontrollably excited Hidddleston has been keeping quiet for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 43808/05/2013

Jeepers. Finally some actual gossip and R438 is being coy with it!

by Anonymousreply 43908/05/2013

Big News? What could it be? A a major role in a big movie? Hope so!

by Anonymousreply 44008/05/2013

Oh god is it star wars? Please don't let it be star wars. No more franchises for Loki please.

by Anonymousreply 44108/05/2013

I'm thinking what r441 is thinking. I'm hoping for a Loki movie. Star Wars too, if possible.

by Anonymousreply 44208/05/2013

R442 disney might as well put a leash on him then?

by Anonymousreply 44308/05/2013

Irrelevant question but how can someone fly from London to LA wearing a suit. Whenever I see this man photographed in an airport he's wearing dress pants & button downs for 12 hour flights. Like nobody wears their jammies with holes in the crotch for a flight (unless it's your own private jet, if it is fly naked if you wish my friend) but a suit? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 44408/05/2013

Is this person actually in the know? Or is this more idle speculation?

by Anonymousreply 44508/05/2013

Ooh, casting news? Jolly good. I'm interested to see what gets announced. Perhaps a Loki film? Not Star Wars I hope. There's been one too many trips to that particular well IMO. Plus it's another franchise.. which means more cult/genre fan girling etc. Oh well, we'll see I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 44608/05/2013

Oh R438, you filthy little tease. Are we talking big news this week, or further down the line....? I'm hoping its not related to any franchise - the boy needs a big role in a non-franchise film.

I hope it's good news, he deserves it. Oh and stop the charity sniping, beatches, he never said he'd be at IF and at least he does something and is polite to his fans. God, what would you rather him do?

by Anonymousreply 44708/05/2013

R447 - I was working at the IF rally (not for UNICEF, but for another charity - not that you fangurls on this thread believe that anyone but your little Etonian unicorn could possibly be charitable) and I can assure you that he was on the running list for the big name appearances/speeches.

Not just in advance. Not just on the list of attendees on the UNICEF website. But on the organisers' running lists on the day. He just didn't show up at all. But he was supposed to.

This is why I criticised him as a no-show in an earlier post. Because he was a no-show. No "everyone just assumed he would be there because all his pimping tweets hinted he would, but he was never actually going". Although quite how giving the impression he was supporting and attending a rally he had no intention of turning up for is evidence of Mother Teresa status, I'm not sure.

He was supposed to go. He was expected by the organisers right up until the point he didn't show up.

by Anonymousreply 44808/05/2013

R429 The black model account also said his penis was "not that big".

You've all seen pictures of him. You believe that story is true? Sounded like fanfic to me. Wishful thinking that he bangs random women of color. Probably put out there by Luke...

by Anonymousreply 44908/05/2013

Why did he not show up, r448? That is really odd and not like him.

by Anonymousreply 45008/05/2013

R450 - no idea. Like I say, I wasn't with UNICEF. All I know is the people who had the runlist had him on it and he didn't show.

Putting these things on is a massive job. Celeb involvement helps spread the word, sure. But if you work/volunteer regularly and get involved in organising rallies and the like, you soon see who's in it for lipservice and PR and who really means it.

I see Hiddleston as firmly in the former camp.

by Anonymousreply 45108/05/2013

Well colour me wrong... I thought he had never said he was going. Oh what a little shit - and very disappointing. I do wonder if he was maybe advised not to go due to his enthusiastic fans. Who knows? Either way, very poor (no) show indeed...

by Anonymousreply 45208/05/2013

Well apparently casting calls are going out for the role of Christian Grey in the Fifty Shades movie this week. I don't have an inside scoop, I read this on Her.ie, but it's a funny coincidence that Tom is in LA now. The idea of him auditioning is actually hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 45308/05/2013

Noooo! Not that Fifty shades shit. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 45408/05/2013

R51I never actually saw anything on the website confirming that he was going, only the tweets. I remember seeing a list of a few celebrities that would be there and then others that were supporting the rally and his name was there. Was my head in the sand this whole time? R454 Well apparently he's only there for D23 this weekened but who knows? Of course I'm only joking about the possibility of him auditioning because it'll be every fangirl's dream come true. Because he TOTALLY is a Dom and the role suits him perfect apparently.

by Anonymousreply 45508/05/2013

R452 - I highly doubt that. He's hardly A list and even a few demented fans would have been lost in the crowd. Bill Gates was there without any need for "special measures" FFS. Most celebs - far better known than him - just mingled, but anyone could have been kept out of anyone's way, were it actually needed.

R455 - since you stalked the UNICEF website for his name (presumably more important to you than the event) and don't recall what it said, I'm not sure where I'd say your head is/was.

by Anonymousreply 45608/05/2013

Maybe he had the shits.

by Anonymousreply 45708/05/2013

god I hope he doesn't do 50 shades, that would be soooooo embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 45808/05/2013

R456 I was referring to around the time of the event. That I heard basically nothing about him saying that he'd be there, mostly because I pay very little attention to his tweets about UNICEF which he was spamming my feed with for a while. But also because of all the anger directed towards him afterwards. I'm only asking because I didn't know he was actually going to be there and at the time I didn't know. Y'know...the event is more important than him of course.

by Anonymousreply 45908/05/2013

Wow. People grow some pair of balls when given anonymity online.

by Anonymousreply 46008/05/2013

50 Shades.... Dear God no...

And R460.... You've hit the nail on the head. All these rumours and stories... plus anonymity. Who's to say any of it is true. It bugs me that I could sit here and make up any old bollocks like, oh I don't know, he still sleeps with a teddy bear and loves to eat ice cream in bed and it'll be reported all over the bet quicker than you can say: "oh spank me Tom, I've been bad" (just me?) so it's all just piss and wind.

Not sure why people come on here just to slag him off though... odd.

by Anonymousreply 46108/05/2013

[quote]Not sure why people come on here just to slag him off though... odd.

Do you even go here? Datalounge is not a fucking fan site.

by Anonymousreply 46208/05/2013

@R461

Quite. Don't believe everything you can read on the internet. After all, how would you know whether something's true or not? If you're 'in the know' because you genuinely know Tom Hiddleston IRL, I'm not sure how that could be verified anyway. Online it's not going to look any different to some random person making stuff up is it?

BTW, is this so-called big news on (possible) casting for real? Or is it someone winding us up?

by Anonymousreply 46308/05/2013

Came here for brand new gossip material, cut throat arguments and snarky comebacks..

Did not happen..

by Anonymousreply 46408/05/2013

R463 Well I saw it on my facebook feed from a website called Her.ie. There was an article about the casting call for Christian Grey starting this week. I was only joking that it could be why Tom is in LA but I did say D23 is this week/weekend apparently, so that's most likely it. If you meant casting news for Tom in general, I haven't a clue I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 46508/05/2013

R462 Someone's sporting a mighty fine pair of balls.

by Anonymousreply 46608/05/2013

R462 Do I come here?!? Oh do fuck off... Honestly, do you sit there like a little gargoyle in a darkened corner waiting for little bitchy tidbits to come your way. Since there appears to be absolutely no fucking dirt on the man whatsoever, people are filling the void with niceties.

by Anonymousreply 46708/05/2013

@R465

Ah, no. That wasn't you that mentioned the 'big news' (R435 and R438) then? I can't see him wanting to do Fifty Shades. At all. Even if he's desperate for work. Nope!

by Anonymousreply 46808/05/2013

Please no

by Anonymousreply 46908/05/2013

R429 I want to believe the story because I was very tickled that he started watching porn right after. Maybe she has seen bigger from comparison lol.

I will never understand how a 50 Shades film will be made.

by Anonymousreply 47008/05/2013

Sorry I meant R449

by Anonymousreply 47108/05/2013

Love you all

by Anonymousreply 47208/05/2013

I love you all more x

by Anonymousreply 47308/05/2013

Tom Hiddleston seems like a sweet guy, so much so that I think he may be the only actor alive that no one takes seriously enough to be Christian Grey.

by Anonymousreply 47408/05/2013

I can't believe they are still making that trash novel into a movie. Nobody cares about it anymore and definitely wont when it comes out. No actor who wants a serious career should get involved with that.

[R455]Are you serious? I always figured Hiddleston would be a subby if anything, can't see him as dom at all (so I agree with 474). Then again, apparently there was some kinky shit on his myspace but I've never read what it was exactly. t

by Anonymousreply 47508/05/2013

R475 I was actually being sarcastic about the Dom comment but lets go with that too! As for the myspace thing, he was in a relationship with Gwendoline Christie at the time and there were some comments they sent to each other, apparently he likes spanking, tying her up with his ties, biting, etc. Just vanilla kink really, nothing every couple hasn't tried at some point. Since she was playing his mother in Cymbeline at the time there were some "Mum"/"Son" pet names aswell. Shit was weird.

by Anonymousreply 47608/05/2013

R431 & R435 -- where's the news about Hiddles being back in LA for the Disney D23 conference?

by Anonymousreply 47708/05/2013

R477 There's supposed to be a Thor 2 conference at D23, which is this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 47808/05/2013

Hiddleston's pr team must spend all day on here. its hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 47908/05/2013

He's promoting The Hollow Crown.

by Anonymousreply 48008/05/2013

...with Cookie Monster LOL

by Anonymousreply 48108/05/2013

So I want more peoples' opinions regarding Tom being a dom or a sub. What do we think, people??? He seems like he could be both...

by Anonymousreply 48208/05/2013

He is desperate for some sort of recognition from hollow crown since he was snubbed by the baftas lol

by Anonymousreply 48308/05/2013

Emmy nom next year maybe?

by Anonymousreply 48408/05/2013

R482 I agree. I have a hard time seeing him as a dom but he's a good actor so I guess he could pull it off. The question for me would be if he truly enjoys dominating people or if it's about being desired/loved. I see him more as a sub but that could just be my personal bias. I'd love to tie him up, spank him and then make him fuck a dildo while I jerk him off.

by Anonymousreply 48508/05/2013

I like the guy, but he would be wrong for Christian Grey. That character is supposed to be drop dead gorgeous. Tom, while interesting looking is not drop dead gorgeous by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus that whole series of books is embarrassingly bad. They will make terrible movies. They could possibly have been made into an interesting mini-series for HBO or Showtime if they were completely re-written, but as a movie they will such.

by Anonymousreply 48608/05/2013

Lord if he did 50 Shades Id lose complete and utter respect for him.

I think he knows what Loki has done for his career but maybe resents it a bit in the sense that he cant get away from it much, apart from doing theater and Im sure hes worried about Loki fans being in the theater.

Im glad he didn't get The Crow. They shouldn't remake it anyways and who needs to be compared to Brandon Lee in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 48708/05/2013

[R451]

I kind of suspected something like that when he put photos of himself packing on Twitter. That's when he started to got backlash, because that's going to raise awareness that you're going but not do much for the cause, which screams PR stunt. I was surprised he made such a basic mistake.

Is 50 Shades of Grey a serious rumor? Because that has disaster written all over it.

[R487]

Ugh, I didn't even know they were remaking the Crow.

(([R428] Have actually heard repeatedly Cumberbatch is actually nice as hell in person, but who knows? He has been doing a make-a-wish sort of thing over the last few years, apparently, but doesn't involve his PR in it.))

by Anonymousreply 48808/06/2013

The only way 50 Shades of Grey could be a good movie is if it were directed by David Lynch. But that's not happening so I'm sure Tom knows to stay away from this disaster. I wouldn't worry about the rumors of his involvement. The 50 Shades pr team have been floating the name of every halfway decent actor for the male lead for months now. It's just bullshit. Everyone knows not to touch this.

by Anonymousreply 48908/06/2013

50 Shades isn't a real rumour - someone up board just mentioned that they'd put a casting call out for it just as Tom was flying into LA. So just a joke about the coincidence really.

I would imagine any half-decent actor wouldn't touch that project with a 15ft shitty stick...

by Anonymousreply 49008/06/2013

I think he should be a Dom with a daft woman, but with a real strong woman he's certainly a sub IMO

by Anonymousreply 49108/06/2013

So he asked Chris to really punch him and he asked Jeremy Irons to slap him in the face, there's somenthing you're trying to tell us Hiddles? Hmm hmm

by Anonymousreply 49208/06/2013

Lol Arthy just started following the Thor 2 twitter account. not subtle is she.

by Anonymousreply 49308/06/2013

sooo im guessing it's still on y'all

by Anonymousreply 49408/06/2013

I find it weird that she's following all these Tom-related accounts now and not when they supposedly began 'dating'. I'm not sure I would say it was still on seeing as they haven't attended a single event together since Wimbledon. And no, I don't buy that she's too busy to attend anything just because she has a career. I think she really overshot the mark at Wimbledon by running her mouth off to that journalist and is now almost trying to overcompensate with the following of these Twitter accounts. Smells of desperation to me.

by Anonymousreply 49508/06/2013

R495 I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 49608/06/2013

I'm inclined to agree with R495. Surely IF this 'relationship' is at least semi-serious, there would be no obligation to have to hide it from anyone, nor would there be any problem attending things together one would think. To me, the whole Wimbledon scenario stinks of a really bad PR stunt. I have no idea what's up with Arthy's fangirl behaviour though. Does seem rather desparate doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 49708/06/2013

I can't believe it. C'mon, she does it on purpose. She knows everyone can see her subscriptions. Looking for attention Miss Arthy?

by Anonymousreply 49808/06/2013

IMO I think that this 'relationship' just wasn't serious for Hiddles as maybe Arthy assumed it was. He seems 110% focused on his career to the exclusion of everything else - including a serious relationship. Hiddles never seems to be in the one spot for longer than a week at the moment. They both seem very famewhorey so even if there is something going on I can't see it lasting much longer to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 49908/06/2013

She's an attention seeker alright R498. Too bad for her that she seems hellbent on getting the attention from the one man who doesn't seem likely to be returning it back to her. His unfollowing of her on Twitter and the distancing of himself from her since Wimbledon is pretty telling.

by Anonymousreply 50008/06/2013

She follows Thor two twitter account the day before the new trailer? Laughing so loud

by Anonymousreply 50108/06/2013

Jesus she's fucking moronic! Hiddleston was right to cut her off when he did - she's clingy as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 50208/06/2013

LOL! i was just telling my boyfriend about jane following all tom's friends and movie accounts on twitter and he suggested that maybe someone should tweet her the book recommendation "he's just not that into you". "see whether that sinks in" in his words.

by Anonymousreply 50308/06/2013

I hope he's cut her off, can you imagine doing a sex scene (like in Capa movie with H. Atwell) if you have a relationship with an obsessed woman like that?

by Anonymousreply 50408/06/2013

But if it was a PR stunt, why would they choose a plain-faced nobody instead of his usual type, which seems to be fellow actors and models?

And nobody knows how much time they spend together. Maybe they just don't do events together and see each other a lot in private. She has been spotted with him near his house so i dunno. Plus she works a lot and travels for her own work. I do think her twitter fangirling is cringeworthy. You want to know about thor2? ask you boyfriend, don't fangirl over his works twitter accounts.

by Anonymousreply 50508/06/2013

He thinks Loki was Shakespearean? C'mon. That character was such a weak, silly villain- total camp. Not menacing, scary, evil- just huffing and puffing about his family situation. I know the Avengers was made to make millions off of kids. Success, there. But, he was no proper villain. How delusional is this guy? He must spend his free time combing Tumblr posts about himself, thinking he is actually a god.

by Anonymousreply 50608/06/2013

Some people met him when he's around london (see twitter and istangram) and, oddly, he's always alone

by Anonymousreply 50708/06/2013

R505 Because being seen with any woman is better than being seen with none at all I guess. I've read on other gossip sites from people that attended various industry events in London last year that people were wondering whether Hiddleston was gay because he keeps showing up with Luke Windsor on his arm instead of a woman. I wouldn't be surprised if this was at least in part an effort to squash those kinds of rumours. Not doing events together and only getting together in private reeks of FWB IMO. If there is a serious relationship going on (which I really doubt) you can't hide it forever and really, why would you want to? But yes, her twitter fangirling is painfully cringeworthy and I hope to god that Hiddleston unfollowing her on twitter was the equivalent of him cutting her off. She's obsessed with a relationship that to all intents and purposes really doesn't seem to exist.

by Anonymousreply 50808/06/2013

And Kenneth Branagh Macbeth wasn't an official event, but she doesn't seem a very shakespearian person to me. It could be that

by Anonymousreply 50908/06/2013

if she was in a relationship with him, she wouldn't need to follow Thor2 twitter account to have news, she'll just ask Tom. Very desperate to be back in his good graces.

R505 that she was spotted near his house is something somebody wrote as comment on JustJared, it's not like there were photo or anything factual.

As for the PR, I don't think it was a PR, he was following her on twitter before going to Wimbledon so he probably took her on a date and was annoyed that she got ahead of herself and ran her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 51008/06/2013

She didn't go to the MIF with Tom to see Kenneth Branagh in Macbeth r509. People saw him there and took pictures with him and they said he was by himself. And yeah, she doesn't strike me as being a person who shares the same love of Shakespeare as Tom and Branagh clearly do.

by Anonymousreply 51108/06/2013

Jesus, in the last 3 pages, you fan girls suck. Why don't you take this shit topic to IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 51208/06/2013

That's what I tried to say. She wasn't at MIF, and it wasn't an official event

by Anonymousreply 51308/06/2013

In these recent interviews Tom said he asked Branagh advice for a tricky decision related to his work. Maybe it was about putting Capa on hold to pursue this new thing that should be announced (provided it isn't just a rumour).

by Anonymousreply 51408/06/2013

Those 2 photos of them together at Wimbledon are kinda revealing. She's all over him and he's turned away from her staring off into the distance and twiddling his thumbs. Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

by Anonymousreply 51508/06/2013

I somehow doubt Hiddleston went all the way to MIF under the pretense of seeing Branagh in Macbeth just to ask him for 'relationship' advice. There's no way a man as focused on his career as Hiddleston is, is going to delay/put off any and all projects for the sake of pursuing a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 51608/06/2013

I really envy this jane, not because she's Tom gf (apparently) but because she has harry potter invisibility cloak

by Anonymousreply 51708/06/2013

well said @r516.

by Anonymousreply 51808/06/2013

Same here 515

by Anonymousreply 51908/06/2013

Another +1 R515

by Anonymousreply 52008/06/2013

So casting news then? What's this 'big news' that was hinted at? Or is someone just yanking our chain? (Or indulging in wishful thinking?)

by Anonymousreply 52108/06/2013

I don't think that person actually knew anything R521. Chain yanking is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 52208/06/2013

I love how celebitchy has called out Hiddleston on his bragging.

by Anonymousreply 52308/06/2013

A lot of people think the Celebitchy girls are mean but they are hilarious and are not afraid to call him out on his bullshit, (like letting Luke Windsor run his life, being cringeworthy at the MTV movie awards, and his famewhorey name-dropping ways)

by Anonymousreply 52408/06/2013

R524 Oh, why the reference to the painful MTV Awards? I am STILL cringing at his behavior. Please, please, make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 52508/06/2013

Apparently the Celebitchy girls (or one girl at least who lurks on here) thinks that the fact that Jane Arthy is bitched about on here is eye-roll worthy. I think it's fucking hilarious. Not to mention a lot of what people say about her don't seem far from the truth at all. Arthy's shenanigans are as fucking cringeworthy as Hiddleston's bragging and namedropping are.

by Anonymousreply 52608/06/2013

Not to mention the writer of the latest celebitchy article on Tom just posted the exact same story on Tumblr. Interesting to see what the Hiddles cray-crays will make of it.

by Anonymousreply 52708/06/2013

Once again, any speculation on Hiddles private life is just that, speculation, until it's confirmed by him or they're spotted together again.

It is bizarre that she's following all his Twitter friends and affiliates. But who knows, maybe she has a perverse sense of humor and just wants to rile the fangirls!

by Anonymousreply 52808/06/2013

Here we go again. It's gossip site, and gossip IS speculation for 90%

by Anonymousreply 52908/06/2013

[R529] Yep and I'm thirsty as hell for actual gossip! :-j

by Anonymousreply 53008/06/2013

Well, no one has seen her after Wimbledon, that's an actual gossip. Why? We can just speculate

by Anonymousreply 53108/06/2013

don't tell me we're back to "Tom unfollowed her to protect her". There are no mysteries or secret if you use a minimum of logic. If a guy is into you and wants to be with you, you find time to go to a restaurant with him the day after you went together to Wimbledon and announced yourself as his gf. If you are seeing a guy, you don't need to follow his upcoming movie twitter account to know when the movie première will be.

by Anonymousreply 53208/06/2013

Exactly my thought, she followed thor twitter account to know when the premiere will be and maybe try to go

by Anonymousreply 53308/06/2013

I thought it odd there was only one picture of her clinging onto his arm. I mean, the photographer was there all match presumably - there were a number if Cooper/Butler - but only one of them actually touching. A bit odd in my humble opinion... why not more pics of them touching?

by Anonymousreply 53408/06/2013

Not just that, second picture came out hours after first one but before Elle editor twitter

by Anonymousreply 53508/06/2013

He has to change his stylist too. sparkle jacket?

by Anonymousreply 53608/06/2013

That haircut emphasizes his unfortunate hairline in a major way.

by Anonymousreply 53708/06/2013

Saw another pic of Hiddles + Cookie Monster.

Blue furry muppet wins. Always.

by Anonymousreply 53808/06/2013

That one? Oh sweet Jesus, that face

by Anonymousreply 53908/06/2013

Right there? I'd rather do the puppet.. Sorry but he has cookies....

by Anonymousreply 54008/06/2013

R535: There was one of them just sitting together but only one of actual contact I thought?

Now if we hadn't have scared off the poster who said they worked with her, we might all have some more info here...

by Anonymousreply 54108/06/2013

R541: Yes that's right. There's one of them sitting together where she's trying to lean into him slightly and the other one where she's clutching his arm and he's turned away from her and looking off elsewhere.

R534: Not sure exactly what you're getting at when you ask "why no more pics of them touching?" Maybe the answer simply is because there weren't any other occasions where they were touching. The photographer was there to snap pics of the match and of other people. I highly doubt he/she was going to focus the camera for the entire duration of the match on Hiddleston and Arthy on the off-chance that they *might* touch.

by Anonymousreply 54208/06/2013

R532 You took exactly what I was thinking and posted it before I could!

by Anonymousreply 54308/06/2013

R544 YES. Thank you! All this fake humility is total, utter bollocks. And it shows, reeking of desperation. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 54508/06/2013

I know he's always liked namedropping and humblebragging but that was the worst anecdote he's ever told. Even worse than the Kenneth Branagh and Spielberg stuff

by Anonymousreply 54608/06/2013

Just read the EW piece.

Good Lord. Where is his publicist? He REALLY needs to dial down the look-at-me rhetoric. He is starting to believe his own hype. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 54708/06/2013

I thought I'd leave this here:

New picture of Loki in Thor 2.

by Anonymousreply 54808/06/2013

But Luke encourages it, he is always talking up his ugly clients on twitter and talking about how gorgeous/amazing/smart.

Actually, i think he does this 'talking himself up' to appeal to the american market. brits are far less likely to buy into that stuff. they don't like braggarts.

by Anonymousreply 54908/06/2013

Obviously it was the journalist who asked to say something about Jessica Chastain, but after that gossip about the two of them being in a relationship, this is a bit awkward and funny to read.

by Anonymousreply 55008/06/2013

Oh my god R544 I thought you were writing a parody. I had no idea that was an actual, real quote from Tom. How embarrassing! He's really laying it on thick and needs to stop. What a little dork he is.

by Anonymousreply 55108/06/2013

All that interview demonstrates to me is that he's having to work overtime to - as others have said - "talk himself up". He's pushing himself as a commodity isn't he? Trying desperately to convey the idea that he's 'hot property', that he's famous and popular and in-demand and so forth. Which kind of makes it seem that he isn't... Or maybe not as much as he'd like. Call me an idiot if you wish, but I still like him anyway. Yeah, he's too try-hard, he's a bit of a dork and *that* anecdote is just shameless bragging, but I'm a sucker I guess.

by Anonymousreply 55208/06/2013

Well in the run-up to Thor and with no other work lined up but Coriolanus, Tom really doesn't have much else to talk about until he scores another film project. The pictures with Cookie Monster are funny. Between his receding hairline and extremely thin face, his ears are starting to stick out like Dumbo. He does have a goofy grin.

by Anonymousreply 55308/06/2013

I'm glad others can see how plain he actually is. The marvel bandwagon does a good brainwashing job of making him seem like the second coming but he's absolutely awful. I hope the Americans arent taken in with all that fake sincerity. He's best suited to hamming it up in british theatre where they love all that fake 'darling I loved your work' nonsense. He was terrible in the Deep Blue Sea. I much preferred Harry Hadden Paton's subtle and brief performance.

by Anonymousreply 55408/06/2013

R554 I agree, he was bad in Deep Blue Sea. His two best performances were The Hollow Crown (where he seemed to have been outshined by Whishaw) and Archipelago (really small indie).

Other than that, what is there? Loki is two dimensional cartoon villain, no matter how much Tom/fangirls wants to pretend it's not the case. Everything else? Just small roles in small works.

If this guy wants to compete with the likes of Cumberbatch and Fassbender he seriously needs to get more big and challenging work to hone his skills. But I fear he has bought into his own hype about being the next big thing - in reality, he is an average actor with potential for more. But potential is everywhere in Hollywood. And there is only so many token posh brits that can be A-list at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 55508/06/2013

R544 The only Americans that are being taken in by all that fake sincerity are his stans on Tumblr. They blog about him 24/7, they "write" porn about him, they have made him their ideal man. I'm guessing it's b/c they are teenagers with little life experience, but perhaps not. Just b/c they spend their lives on their devices composing love letters offering up their virginity to him doesn't mean he is well received in the mainstream. Most don't even have a clue to who he is. As 555 wrote, small roles in small works.

Outside the world of Tumblr, he is not even a blip on anyone's radar. His presence there is WAY out of proportion to reality. And yet he's acting as if he's the the hottest thing around. Marvel is messin' with his head. After they have squeaked all the $$$ out of the fanfurls- they will drop him.

by Anonymousreply 55608/06/2013

R556 is spot on, except that a lot of his clients are over-35 fraus, too.

by Anonymousreply 55708/06/2013

R556 and R557....I am a 27-year-old Hiddleston fangirl and I'm deeply ashamed of it. God, he's embarrassing. He's totally on my hatefuck list.

by Anonymousreply 55808/06/2013

I love his dorkiness.

I don't get why people think he is full of himself. I don't see that at all. I think he is really insecure. His latest behavior, I just see it as networking. All part of him trying to get his career going.

by Anonymousreply 55908/06/2013

I think of him as an over-enthusiastic puppy... I get why people hate on him and accuse him of name-dropping etc, but I can't help but feel (from watching interviews etc) that he just seems to still be in a state of disbelief at what's happened and it's all terribly exciting for him. He's harmless. People love to hate him but at the end of the day, he's achieved what he's wanted to achieve and he's doing pretty damn good at it... so good on him. He might not be following people's preconceived notions of what he OUGHT to be doing (ie people saying he should be filming this or be at this certain level... when no-one really knows what's going on behind the scenes or what his mindset is when it comes to choosing what he wants to do) but he's doing his own thing and thankfully not giving a damn about the losers that sit behind their computer screens and bitch.

by Anonymousreply 56008/07/2013

Hatefuck! That's a great idea, r558. Someone star a thread of celebs you hate, but who you'd fuck.

by Anonymousreply 56108/07/2013

What r560 said. Tom is like a puppy, just harmless, dorky and over enthusiastic. I think it's cute.

by Anonymousreply 56208/07/2013

R557: Hey! What's wrong with 35-yo Fraus???? *sharpens cougar claws*

by Anonymousreply 56308/07/2013

R542 I think what R534 meant is that Tom is quite effusive in general and when he was with Susannah he couldn't keep his hands off her, so if Jane at Wimbledon was his gf there would have been signs of affections from him, but all we got is one pic where it's her clinging on to him.

by Anonymousreply 56408/07/2013

Speaking of interviews here's another one where Tom tells us about his meeting with Spielberg.

by Anonymousreply 56508/07/2013

R561 I don't read hate here. I'm reading that many people (who actually know who the hell he is!)are not falling for his contrived "Look at me, I am a perfect Disney prince" schtick. Just b/c people here are not worshipping at his feet, that doesn't imply hate or envy. People are on to this act he projects. He's desperate for attention, wants to be an A-lister. That doesn't mean everyone has to love him for it. And I do not need a 32-yr-old puppy, thank you.

Brace yourselves for the stans. The Thor 2 trailer comes out today. *runs for the hills*

by Anonymousreply 56608/07/2013

@R566

I think it's possible to like him (and even be a fan), but still be critical of him sometimes. I agree that he seems to be desperately ambitious - not that there is anything wrong with that as such, although it's maybe coming across as too needy and attention-seeking in some people's eyes. More acting work might be a cure-all, I think.

I wouldn't at all mind a 32-yr-old puppy actually. Especially one that "looks like a golden retriever" ;-)

by Anonymousreply 56708/07/2013

Thor 2 trailer #2. Lots of Loki.

by Anonymousreply 56808/07/2013

[R566]Co-signing with everything you said. I do think he was as shocked as everyone else when Loki became such a hit with the fangirlz. He was barely 30 when this sudden rush or whiff of fame hit and he's reacted to it with all the aplomb of an over-eager puppy. He's done everything but wet himself in these interviews. I think acting is one of the few things he's serious about. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hollow Crown. By all accounts it's one of his best roles. It's very possible though that even if he has a 40 year acting career, Loki will be one if his best known roles. Leonard Nimoy came to terms with being Mr. Spock...

by Anonymousreply 56908/07/2013

If he wants to hump my leg, I'm down with that...

by Anonymousreply 57008/07/2013

Are you joking? He was not 'barely' 30 he was 'almost' 30 when he hit big. In Hollywood years he was a grandpa especially considering the fact that he wasn't even "up & coming" before Thor.

by Anonymousreply 57108/07/2013

I remember showing my mom Thor and the only thing she remembers from it is Loki because of the part when he confronts Odin about the truth. I think Tom acted the part so well and so many fangirls (myself included) loved how he played it in that film as well as The Avengers, that now hes discovering that it will be very hard to be separated from the role. I mean, look what happened at SDCC. Who else could've come into that place in character and gotten all that craziness?

I think it will be the role he'll always be remembered for and he should embrace it. No one knew who he was before that movie so Im sure that sudden fame was jarring and exciting, but it does seem to be all hes asked about, that character. You can tell he wants to talk about other things and I hope Hollow Crown being played here does that for him. Hopefully he gets the chance to show he has a broader range.

He was able to get famous from a role, which is what a lot of actors strive for, and he did work very hard for that, and it seems he wants everyone to know that. That's what I get from most of his interviews. He wants people to know he was working for quite a while before becoming Loki.

by Anonymousreply 57208/07/2013

professional fangirl jane arthy has started following the 'love book' twitter app. he read some poems for it. seriously embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 57308/07/2013

Jane, sweetie, do your own thing for a while. If he wants you, believe me, he'll make an effort. And would probably still be following you.....

by Anonymousreply 57408/07/2013

The love book thing has been floating around for a while now, it seems weird that they posted a new picture of tom reading some poems and then she suddenly decided to follow them. ditto thor 2. why now?

by Anonymousreply 57508/07/2013

i think she actively searches them out which makes it worse.. really really sad for a 35 year old to spend all day on looking for news about her bf via fan twitters

by Anonymousreply 57608/07/2013

Clearly Jane didn't get the memo that she and Tom aren't an actual couple. Following all his friends and affiliates is cringeworthy and pathetic. Give it up already Jane, he's not interested in you. He'd still be following you on Twitter if he were for a start......

by Anonymousreply 57708/07/2013

i think they might be a couple, but they seem to spend a lot of time apart. i don't think he took her to manchester, paris, budapest, sd comic-con, the polo event in berkshire (and berkshire is a while away from london) his current jaunt to la (and his last la trip was for 3 weeks). perhaps they went to new york but i dunno. and i don't think he has been to any music festivals with her but maybe they went to see sigur ros and/or muse since he's been to a couple of gigs earlier this year. her job is very london based so long term it could be hard unless his work load is very light, he hasn't filmed anything at all this year and will be stuck in london doing coriolanus until january so she will probably have him at home most of the time until next year. if he gets work. maybe following her a twitter was just a misstep on his part, or a clever pr move. start following her until they make their public debit. then quickly unfollow her so the fans find out her name but not known to everyone. therefore the info leaks slowly and keeps people guessing.

by Anonymousreply 57808/07/2013

Thing is, unless Tom were to physically look up Arthy on Twitter and check who she's following (which I highly doubt he's doing), he's not going to know that she's taken a sudden interest in his friends and work-related accounts, which makes Arthy's Twitter stalking even more pathetic IMO. Surely you would think she would have gotten the message after he unfollowed her after Wimbledon and attended events after that without her. She's even worse than the Tumblr stans.

by Anonymousreply 57908/07/2013

R578 He was spotted at Muse by himself and at Sigur Ros with Cumberbatch by lots of fans. No Arthy in sight. I think you may be one of the minority who thinks there's anything going on between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 58008/07/2013

funny thing is, she follows his work, marvel and fan twitters, but none of his real, personal friends so she is clearly not being introduced to them or hanging out with his huge circle of actor/theatre buddies.

by Anonymousreply 58108/07/2013

i just think there is something going on because why would he waste a vip wimbledon final with andy murray ticket on someone he's not really into? why not take a mate or his sister? it seemed like a quiet way for them to go public. they only had 2 pics taken, and only 1 where they were even touching. and he tweeted it was the 'best day ever' afterwards. i took that to mean he loved the event and the company he was with! first flushes of new relationship...

and i still think he introduced her to the elle magazine woman as 'this is my girlfriend jane'.

by Anonymousreply 58208/07/2013

R582 Rumor has it that they had been at it for months before Wimbledon.

The "first flushes of a new relationship" had been off that for awhile.

Along with their clothes...

by Anonymousreply 58308/07/2013

So two possibilities or she's obsessed or he's a coward

by Anonymousreply 58408/07/2013

yeah sure, they look so into each other. Twisting fact to make it look like they are a happy couple it's getting really monotonous.

by Anonymousreply 58508/07/2013

Agree 575, both twitter accounts aren't new and tom followed them ages ago. Why now?

by Anonymousreply 58608/07/2013

R584 exactly

by Anonymousreply 58708/07/2013

And why all together in the last week?

by Anonymousreply 58808/07/2013

R582 More realistic, he invited her, she screwed up by saying to that Elle journalist she was his gf, he blew her off. You know that she was her to tell that journalist she was her gf because contrary to what Tom generally does, not only he didn't add that Elle person to the people he follows (he tend to follow journalists that he meets), he didn't even reply to her mention of him.

by Anonymousreply 58908/07/2013

Exactly R580 & R589. R582 you're over analysing this way too much I think. The only time those 2 were pictured together was at that event, not before and tellingly not since. The Elle woman was sitting next to her, so either she assumed or girl blabbed.

TH gets spotted quite alot by fans; there are regular candid pics posted on Instagram and Twitter (there was 1 posted of him in cafe last week). He's alone, or no gf with him is ever mentioned (I'm sure if there were, there would be pics all over tumblr). As for taking a FWB to a big event, why not, people take friends to events all the time (maybe he felt like it, who knows), saying it was the best day ever, he's always tweeting things like that. My 1st impression of that Wimbledon pic was PR (I think Luke is paranoid about the gay rumours), and it coincided with Tom's Twitter hiatus, when he's apparently not busy.

Until he mentions a gf in an interview, or there are pics, I'm calling it bs (and I'm going to ask my friend again who lives in the adjacent Rd to him in N London; she seen him recently and he's been alone).

by Anonymousreply 59008/07/2013

true. he gets spotted out and about in london at least once a week, most recently in covent garden the day before he went to la. and nobody ever mentions him being with jane, which seems weird if they have been together for several months. If she was there, they would probably mention it because a few people met him when he was out with sian clifford (remember her?) and said she was there with him. even when he was papped getting coffee he was with some guy. and in the sneaky pic of him in a cafe he was also alone (but maybe jane is at work during the daytime and cant just grab coffee whenever)

but yes, ask your friend lol. has she never seen him out with her before?

by Anonymousreply 59108/07/2013

This Jane is obsessed. Scarily so. I'm in agreement with everyone on here who is calling BS on Tom and Jane being a couple. R589 and R590 you could not be more spot on.

by Anonymousreply 59208/07/2013

My take: he's been in London with not a lot of work lined up & casually dated Arthy. He probably was NOT happy about her blabbing to all of her friends, co-workers on FB that she's got a famous actor BF that she's been shagging. She could have assumed there's more to the relationship than there is. If they are still "dating" and he's not taking her to events, it doesn't really bode well for the future. He certainly was public about his relationship and feelings for Susannah Fielding.

by Anonymousreply 59308/07/2013

R593 Yes but Susannah was an actress under the same publicity company as Tom. Luke wasn't her publicist but she was with Public Eye. It made sense to have their relationship go public that way and it certainly provided her with at least some publicity. They were spotted at premieres together but never out and about. With Sian however, who is also an actress but not exactly a regular on TV, theatre or anywhere really. It made sense to pose with her at some events but she was also seen out and about with him. Now miss Arthy's job different. She's basically a publicist for musicians if she's head of radio promotions. More of a 9-5 job promoting her bands, organising events and such. She wouldn't exactly have the free/spare time Tom does outside of projects. Not only that but her job doesn't expose her to the public in that she attends events (concerts, radio interviews, festivals) but is behind the scenes. Doesn't really make sense for her to turn up at Comic Con/Premieres/Public events outside of work regardless of her relationship status. There's a thousand different possiblities as to why she hasn't been spotted with Tom much outside of Wimbledon but the girl does have a career on her hands, one that probably requires long hours and such. Just cause she's Tom's girlfriend doesn't mean she should be getting the superstar treatment. I wouldn't say Sian or Susannah are famous but they're actresses, they're in the public eye. Jane's job and it's demands are quite different. She might be hanging out with Matt Bellamy and attending Foals' gigs but that doesn't mean she'll be walking the red carpet with Tom in November.

by Anonymousreply 59408/07/2013

Sorry r594 but my take on it is the same as r593. Whether actress or head of radio promotions, I don't believe there was ever anything more to this 'relationship' than a casual fling which now appears to have run its course, largely in part I suspect, due to Arthy's un-classy behaviour at Wimbledon and her oversharing of information about their bedroom antics to her co-workers and FB. It's got nothing to do with one's level of fame, though it does seem to be an obsession of Arthy's according to her co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 59508/07/2013

It's funny how all of you think you know everything with no receipts. You're all treating these speculations as facts, which I'll admit is fun but it's getting as tiresome as the antics from the tumblr fangirls. Maybe calm down a bit...drink some real tea...

by Anonymousreply 59608/07/2013

R596 do you have any real tea to spill darling? feel free to share because it really is getting tiresome here.

He's never seen with his family either why don't you girls conspire about that? Maybe he hates their guts. OR MAYBE he had a huge fight with his sister and that's why he didn't take her to Wimbledon this year. You know what, I think she was totally using him for his fame. Useless bitch. She is an actress you know but that Wimbledon outing didn't bring her as much press coverage as she hoped so she caused a scene and then dropped him like a hot potato. Nobody EVER saw them hanging out before he was cast as Loki?!?!! I bet he doesn't even know why his sister isn't talking to him anymore.. Poor 32 y.o. puppy lovey dovey, so innocent, everybody is using him for his fame!!!!!11!!1! NOBODY LOVES HIM LIKE WE DO )))':

by Anonymousreply 59708/07/2013

Lol I love it when the gays pop back in here and tell the fangirls to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 59808/07/2013

[R598] And we see how well that's working!

by Anonymousreply 59908/07/2013

eh, even if this arthy lady was married to tom wouldn't it still be a bit weird to follow all that crap on twitter? who cares about their partners work so much, especially some small stuff like that poetry book. it does seem a bit obsessive to me no matter what their relationship is like.

and once again, complaining about lack of tea is pointless. bring the tea if you have some, otherwise this is how it will be. some fangirl should sleep with him already and spill it, considering how shamelessly he flirts with attractive female fans I'm sure he's been getting some tight teen p*ssy already.

by Anonymousreply 60008/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!